[Tutorial]Root.Xperia 4.0.4 ROM [all h/m(dpi)] | 4.1.B.0.431 [23st June]

Search This thread

mihahn

May 26, 2012
Hello.

I'm new into custom ROM's etc. I have WT19i with build version 4.1.B.0.587 - 4.0.4., does the files on 1st post work properly?

Yes they should. But if I were you I'd root my phone using eroot. Using this program you don't have to downgrade or lose any data. Check it out ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

deepakramji

Dec 12, 2013
Udumalpet
hi.. i use sony ericsson live with walkman.. In the first step for downgrading to GB 2.3 , u have mentioned 3 versions like .42 , .58 and .62.. are those build versions. my fone's build version is 4.1.B.0.587.. how to find if my fone is .42 or .58 or .62.. pls help.. thank you..

poorijan

Apr 4, 2014
Root newer xperia mini but ics

How i can root my xperia mini 2.3.4 with build number 4.0.2.0.84.
i do it by flash tools in 42 build number and then unroot it.
i wanna uninstall some google apps in root mode mode and then unroot it and don't want upgrade to android 4.0 ics.
please helppppppppppp me:fingers-crossed:

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
You should just use the DoomLord toolkit for rooting gingerbread Xperia's (Step 2) and you should be fine. :) To unroot, install SuperSu, go into setting and have a look at unroot options.

Hit the thanks if I helped.

Last edited:

poorijan

Apr 4, 2014
You should just use the DoomLord toolkit for rooting gingerbread Xperia's (Step 2) and you should be fine. :) To unroot, install SuperSu, go into setting and have a look at unroot options.

Hit the thanks if I helped.

realy i afraid of DoomLord :(
what you means of "Step 2" ????
may i root with Kingo Root 1.2.2??
what is your opinion?

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

realy i afraid of DoomLord :(
what you means of "Step 2" ????
may i root with Kingo Root 1.2.2??
what is your opinion?

AND my data like sms call log history chat doen't lost after root?

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
Haha don't be afraid! It is a really comprehensive toolkit, he is the most prevalent developer for Xperia devices I think. It is safe. I have never heard of Kingoroot, so maybe stick to the one on this thread. The steps on the first page of this topic. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695514 there you go. Scroll down to "step 2" and follow those instructions. And no, none of your data will be touched. If it doesn't work the first time, you can try again without needing to worry.

poorijan

Apr 4, 2014
Haha don't be afraid! It is a really comprehensive toolkit, he is the most prevalent developer for Xperia devices I think. It is safe. I have never heard of Kingoroot, so maybe stick to the one on this thread. The steps on the first page of this topic. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695514 there you go. Scroll down to "step 2" and follow those instructions. And no, none of your data will be touched. If it doesn't work the first time, you can try again without needing to worry.

not of all 4 version of DoomLord in that thread doesn't work
fail
unable
can't
and...
unable to install Su, chmode, and many of "i can't" msgs and in 1.0 version give me a list and my device isn't in that and in upper version said a thing like that ur build number 84 dnt supporte :(((((
and it's the kingo root website: http://www.kingoapp.com/

may i root it with vroot???

Yohoooooooooooooooooo Solved By VRoot
tnx a lot Guynannnnnnnnnnnn for your response
Sicerely yours poorijaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Last edited:

mihahn

May 26, 2012
fail
unable
can't
and...
unable to install Su, chmode, and many of "i can't" msgs and in 1.0 version give me a list and my device isn't in that and in upper version said a thing like that ur build number 84 dnt supporte :(((((

Just use eroot to root your phone or read my rooting guide and you'll know how to root your phone ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
fail
unable
can't
and...

You mean on this forum?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321582

Could you please post a screenshot of what the error was when the script runs?

The kingoapp doesn't look like it supports your device. Have you inistalled adb drivers?

Follow these instructions and let me know if it works. This will wipe your data. If you want to save sms messges, contacts, bookmarks, etc, download "Super backup" or something similar from Google Play. Go to the first page in this thread, flash the 4.0.2.A.0.62 ftf under the Xperia Mini banner. Then close flashtool, and run the doomlord script, and you should now be rooted.

Reactions: poorijan
Apr 4, 2014
chennai
Firstly, head over to (here) and hit thanks to puppet's thread. Also hit thanks to any of his other post. Two thanks for him per every thank to me. :)

I. Downgrade:

Since rooting directly in 4.0.4 is not possible, one needs to downgrade to a rootable GB ROM to root. (Skip this step if you are already in GB).

To Downgrade, you need to flash an old GB ROM ftf to your device.

Download ftfs from here:

Thanks to someguyfromhell
Then use flashtool to flash the ROM, as described in the images below.

io2orGD1t63lc.png

iqdupdnm6C0JK.png

iWIdMta92mbSn.png

ibgeOwDp8BAyOa.png

i0ErmFVRdwL7L.png

II. Root the GB ROM:

(Skip this step if you are already in Rooted GB)

Download the DoomLord's Easy Root Toolkit for Xperia Gingerbreade >= .58 from here.
Extract the files somewhere.
Connect the device to the computer, and run the file "runme".

iTQOiEXUtd1fI.png

Follow onscreen instructions.
When done, device will reboot, and you should see application called SuperUser in your app drawer.

III. Preparations to root 4.0.4 ROM:

Download the XperiaRoot.rev3 from here.
Extract the files somewhere.
Connect the device to the computer, and run the file "01-local-prop".

iJ6IpzNXhc2Lr.png

Follow on screen instructions.
When done, /data/local.prop should be edited as desired.

Here, do not do anything on cell and directly proceed to Flashing the 4.0.4 ftf.

IV. Flash 4.0.4 ROM:
***See Note below
Download the ftf from the following links:

Proceed as you did in downgrading, placing the 4.0.4 firmware in /firmware folder this time; and selecting it in step 4.
In step 4, make the check boxes look like this.

iZv0txEnsHeMH.png

Proceed with the flashing Process.

Here, you can also use PC Companion or Sony Update Center if you want for updating. While updating with SUS, make you sure you perform the recommended install and do not wipe data.

Once the flashing is done, turn ON the device (If using PCC or SUS you will be prompted to turn ON). During the first boot, the device might reboot. In that case, after second boot it will turn on normally.
In case it gets into bootloop, proceed to next step right away.
Else proceed to next step with your phone turned ON.

V. Root 4.0.4 ROM:

From the Xperia-ROOT.rev3.zip file you downloaded earlier in step 3, open the file 02-push-root-files.cmd.

iMibmIWgYhPMc.png

Follow the on-screen instructions.
Device will reboot.
Once re-boot is done, you will have SuperUser installed in the 4.0.4 ROM.

Note: Using this method, you can also root .62 GB firmware. For this, just flash the .62 ROM in place of 4.0.4 ROM, in step IV.

Thanks,
Rick.

Hit Thanks if this post helped you in anyway.

eroot will root ics or any firmware version in less than a minute:cool::cool::cool:

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
eroot will root ics or any firmware version in less than a minute:cool::cool::cool:

Eroot sometimes doesn't work. I had issues and it didn't. One thing I do now is just flash a rootable kernel and then root that. You may be on a build number that is rootable. But .587 isn't rootable in a lot of cases, along with .431 on some firmware configurations.

kianooshnaghavi

Apr 26, 2014
I downgraded my framework to 4.0.2.A.0.62 (device Xperia Mini st15i) and install it but i'm stuck in second step (II. Root the GB ROM )
everything works fine and there is no error at all and the program finishes it's job successfully but there is no program added in my app drawer.
what should i do?!
i really need to root my device!

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
I downgraded my framework to 4.0.2.A.0.62 (device Xperia Mini st15i) and install it but i'm stuck in second step (II. Root the GB ROM )
everything works fine and there is no error at all and the program finishes it's job successfully but there is no program added in my app drawer.
what should i do?!
i really need to root my device!

Did you close FlashTool when you ran the rooting script?

yoda_143

Jun 21, 2006
Duisburg
www.instagram.com
Stuck at the first step (downgrade)

I'm stuck at the window "Wait for Flashmode"

I have my Xperia Active turned off.
I press and hold the back button on the Active.
I plug in the USB cable.
Nothing happens. I remain at the "Wait for Flashmode" window.

Please advise.

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
I'm stuck at the window "Wait for Flashmode"

I have my Xperia Active turned off.
I press and hold the back button on the Active.
I plug in the USB cable.
Nothing happens. I remain at the "Wait for Flashmode" window.

Please advise.

It could be the case that you have the rooting toolkit open simulteneously, both are then trying to get adb permissions and more often than not, neither do. I'm not very familiar with the active I'm sorry, but could flashmode be another hardware key? For example, try the volume down button.

MercMode

Sep 17, 2011
I'm such a noob, I was trying to root and unlock bootloader on the wrong rom lol
Thank you DragonClawsAreSharp and everyone else who contributed

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
Should be able to unlock the bootloader on any of the ROMs if it is unlockable at all. Keep us posted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts