Free UNLOCK Note2

Search This thread

¡OM3GA!

Feb 2, 2013
2 questions
so i need to be on 4.1.1?
and also will these delete everything on my phone?
i have it rooted so i can use TI Backup
one more lol
is there an app that can unlock the phone i heard of galaxsim, but its locked for all devices in the usa. on the google play store website it says This item cannot be installed in your device's country so can i just get the apk and unlock it this way?

AgentTran

Mar 23, 2014
I did this, but I'm pretty sure it was unsuccessful.
What I was able to do though, was even though this phone was locked to Rogers, I tried my friends chatr SIM and it still worked.

I'm not sure if it was unlocked, or if it worked just becuase chatr uses the same network as Rogers. (All in Canada)

Any help guys?

mr.hellgate

Jul 27, 2011
Guys, I seriously need your help here to figure out what I'm doing wrong the whole time with my Note 2.

Here's what I've done (messed up?) allready:
1. Got this phone from a friend, directly flashed CM on it. Needed a little work'around and then worked.
2. Didn't let me use my SIM, so tried to flash an STOCK ROM. broke it.
3. Recovered it with KIES, so had an Stock 4.3 Samsung GT-N7100.
4. Flashed the right Orange FRANCE stock ROM v. 4.1.1
5. Followed this instruction, got into the menu, but it looks slightly different and after finding the correct sub-locations it say's sth. like that menu couldn't be found or so.

Greetings

P.S. sorry for this pretty bad english...

Last edited:

Tornade69

Nov 4, 2011
Montreal Northshore
Flash LJ2 Modem over 4.3 rom?

Is this possible to flash the 4.1.1 (LJ2) modem over the 4.3 Rom (MK5) for the unlocking process ??? Don't want to mess with the 4.3 Bootloader and Knox... Should be easier by flashing only the radio/modem ???

AgentTran

Mar 23, 2014
I tried this on my Note 2 on Android 4.3 back when I first got it, but it didn't work, the last few menu options didn't come up.
I'm not sure if it's unlocked or not because I did go through a majority of the process, and since then I've flashed 2 different ROMS, both of them Android 4.4.2, and to this day I am not sure if it's unlocked.

I tried going through the procedure again, but when I try and phone that number, instead of bringing up the menu, it says no mobile network available. (No plan or SIM inside the phone.)

I can't check either, my whole family runs on Rogers and Chatr, and since Chatr runs on Roger's network, I've heard that it works on Rogers phones.

I need some help!

Canadian SGH-I317
SLIM 4.4.2. ROM

Thanks!

emeianoite

Aug 1, 2013
Miami, FL
www.armslist.com
I tried this on my Note 2 on Android 4.3 back when I first got it, but it didn't work, the last few menu options didn't come up.
I'm not sure if it's unlocked or not because I did go through a majority of the process, and since then I've flashed 2 different ROMS, both of them Android 4.4.2, and to this day I am not sure if it's unlocked.

I tried going through the procedure again, but when I try and phone that number, instead of bringing up the menu, it says no mobile network available. (No plan or SIM inside the phone.)

I can't check either, my whole family runs on Rogers and Chatr, and since Chatr runs on Roger's network, I've heard that it works on Rogers phones.

I need some help!

Canadian SGH-I317
SLIM 4.4.2. ROM

Thanks!

People need to read more often.

Hey guys, first time poster but long time forum stalker :highfive:

I've just unlocked my old SGH-i317 (AT&T), and a brand new SGH-i317(AT&T) I picked up.

Both were on 4.1.2, downgraded to 4.1.1 and then unlocked and reflashed back to 4.1.2. One of them went to metroPCS (a tmobile mvno) and the other also works under tmobile network, but is going to be used @ redpocket, which is an AT&T mvno.

Anyways, thanks for the post OP. I'd buy you a beer if you were in Miami, Florida.:victory::victory::victory::victory:

What site did you get the v4.1.1 firmware from, and could you copy and paste the link?

If anyone is having trouble finding the original AT&T firmware.

here you go:
1) http://terafile.co/f9961f60449f/ATT_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2.zip
2) http://uploaded.net/file/zav0n3rw

hope it works out for ya. :good:

plcita14

Jul 1, 2014
I have android 4.3 on my AT&T note 2 and It did not work,any idea forandroid4.3

I have note 2 from AT&T android 4.3 , it did not work.
I didnt get last step 4) NW Lock NV Data Initialize.
Does anyone have any idea for this ?
Version 4.3
Copied from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

=======================================

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...

Quote:
Unlock your N7105:
Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Copied from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

=======================================

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...

Quote:
    Unlock your N7105:
    Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.
    The information in this thread is now illegal.

Thanks for digging this long buried thread up just to tell us that...?
    does not work on bell note 2 after the update to 4.1.2 should have done this sooner i guess.

Best thing to do is, go to ODIN flash the original 4.1.1 stock with supersu if you want. And then try the unlock code, and then unlock it, and then re-update the software with ODIN again to 4.1.2 or over OTA. Best part of linux is you can always downgrade and upgrade.
    The information in this thread is now illegal.

Wrong. Illegal my butt. I paid full price for mine and will do as I please. Many here have done the same. Don't be spreading the wrong information
    I get "connection problem or invalid MMI code" on my AT&T I317.

You might have to be on a touchwiz based ROM. I remember from my Galaxy S/Note1 days that the samsung service codes don't work on CM ROMs. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

I'm on TELUS I317MVLALJ2/CLEANROM ACE 4.0.5 and it worked great. Tested with a ROGERS SIM.