Xperia SP - 12.1.A.1.201 - Changelog

Search This thread

TechKiel

Feb 19, 2013
What exactly is the Bravia Engine 2? I had 4.1.2 at the moment, and with Bravia On/Off, I can't tell any difference at all in PQ.
I've just been advised there is an uodate to 12.1.A.1.201, which I'd like to uodate to, if I can very figure out how to root the damn thing.. Any help there would be VERY much appreciated.
I'm assuming that when I update from 4.1.2 to the new firmware, my root will be lost?

Cheers!

If you want to learn more about Bravia Engine 2, refer to this link: http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013/01/14/the-new-mobile-bravia-engine-2-takes-your-viewing-experience-to-the-next-level-video/

Depending on the method that you choose to update your Xperia SP, your root MAY be lost. :)

If you want to root your own 4.3 stock firmware:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681597

If you want something that is already pre-rooted:

[ROM] [LB & UB] [4.3] Rooted, Deodexd & Zipaligned Stock .201 V1.1 [04.04.14]

or

[ROM][SP][JB][LB,UB][JB 4.3] eXistenZ Ultra 3.0.0 | 12.1.A.1.201 | OTA | Dual Recovery | Complete SIRIUS | 03/04/14 |

or

[ROM][C530X][LB/UBL][SU] Pre-Rooted Stock 12.1.A.1.201 Firmware

or

[ROM][4.3][C5306][STOCK][LB][.201] C5306 Stock ROM rooted and recoverys.

:highfive:

As for the Issues:

I had that annoying screen flickering bug when I was on Generic-SG [12.0.A.2.254]. It got fixed when I flashed Generic-UK [12.0.A.2.254]. Still no issues after I went [12.1.A.0.266] and currently [12.1.A.1.201] on eXistenZ 3.0

Bravia Engine 2 seems to be working fine. :good:

Reactions: le grande magnetto

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
Noone is suffering from 6hr wakelocks draining battery? Done 2 clean installs already

Sent while my supervisor wasn't looking

Rushaan™

Oct 14, 2012
Screen

Hi Rushaan, do you have the screen problem also? If so, please, tell me if this new firmare solves it. If not, I will have to send it to the technical service, and I don't want to, because I've read several posts of people who have done it, and nothing was solved when they get their phone back from the service.

It's difficult to me to understand this, a lot of people have this problem and, during the last year no solution has been posted on any forum...

I had this problem only for a few days ( 2-3 days ) and then it went away automatically, don't know why/how it happened.
You can upgrade it and try your luck.

Good Luck

Rui Oliveira 21

Apr 8, 2012
Braga
About that, after a few days it seems more stable, and good battery life. Lags are less frequent but still some sand when navigating between menus and takes some time To open some apps

Enviado do meu C6903

le grande magnetto

Jan 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A71
Redmi Note 10 Pro
If you want to learn more about Bravia Engine 2, refer to this link: http://developer.sonymobile.com/201...r-viewing-experience-to-the-next-level-video/

Depending on the method that you choose to update your Xperia SP, your root MAY be lost. :)

If you want to root your own 4.3 stock firmware:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681597

If you want something that is already pre-rooted:

[ROM] [LB & UB] [4.3] Rooted, Deodexd & Zipaligned Stock .201 V1.1 [04.04.14]

or

[ROM][SP][JB][LB,UB][JB 4.3] eXistenZ Ultra 3.0.0 | 12.1.A.1.201 | OTA | Dual Recovery | Complete SIRIUS | 03/04/14 |

or

[ROM][C530X][LB/UBL][SU] Pre-Rooted Stock 12.1.A.1.201 Firmware

or

[ROM][4.3][C5306][STOCK][LB][.201] C5306 Stock ROM rooted and recoverys.

:highfive:

As for the Issues:

I had that annoying screen flickering bug when I was on Generic-SG [12.0.A.2.254]. It got fixed when I flashed Generic-UK [12.0.A.2.254]. Still no issues after I went [12.1.A.0.266] and currently [12.1.A.1.201] on eXistenZ 3.0

Bravia Engine 2 seems to be working fine. :good:
Is BE2 working on the custom ROM you are using? And will BE2 be working if I reflash 4.1.2 ROM?

krokanic

Feb 14, 2014
Livno
Google Pixel 6
I heard that the wifi drivers are updated in .201...and there are no more conection drops...anybody can confirme that?

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TechKiel

Feb 19, 2013
Is BE2 working on the custom ROM you are using? And will BE2 be working if I reflash 4.1.2 ROM?

Is your bootloader locked or unlocked?

I've tried both of these on Locked Bootloader:

BE2 works on: [FTF] Singapore Sony Xperia SP LTE C5303 12.1.A.1.201

X-reality works on the ROM that I'm using now: [ROM][SP][JB][LB,UB][JB 4.3] eXistenZ Ultra 3.1.5 | 12.1.A.1.201 | OTA | Dual Recovery | Complete SIRIUS | 08/04/14 |

and I can confirm that they work pretty well. :3

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

I heard that the wifi drivers are updated in .201...and there are no more conection drops...anybody can confirme that?

My WiFi Connection Drops are gone since [12.1.A.0.266] and is pretty much the same for [12.1.A.1.201].

WiFi on [12.0.A.2.254] was really crap. -_-

Reactions: krokanic

krokanic

Feb 14, 2014
Livno
Google Pixel 6
Is your bootloader locked or unlocked?

I've tried both of these on Locked Bootloader:

BE2 works on: [FTF] Singapore Sony Xperia SP LTE C5303 12.1.A.1.201

X-reality works on the ROM that I'm using now: [ROM][SP][JB][LB,UB][JB 4.3] eXistenZ Ultra 3.1.5 | 12.1.A.1.201 | OTA | Dual Recovery | Complete SIRIUS | 08/04/14 |

and I can confirm that they work pretty well. :3

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

My WiFi Connection Drops are gone since [12.1.A.0.266] and is pretty much the same for [12.1.A.1.201].

WiFi on [12.0.A.2.254] was really crap. -_-

Yeah...thats right, on 254 was very bad... But some people posts here that on 201 wifi connection drops are back...

krokanic

Feb 14, 2014
Livno
Google Pixel 6
Hmm...i had realy bad wifi connection on .254. I dont know, but i think that those bugs we have are not on every version of rom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question - What's new in 0.201 ?
    Answer -

There is nothing new in the themes and appearance.
    Bugs have been Fixed
    LED Bug - Fixed
    RAM Bug - Fixed (Kind of) - Now there is about 200MB RAM free
    Bravia Engine - Not Working
    Overheating - Fixed
    Battery Usage - Fixed
    Touch screen response - Fixed
    Screen Flickering - Not Fixed - Very few people are facing this problem
    Touch response - Still lags sometimes
    Camera - Worked for me even in 0.266 so there are no changes in my phone. Other users can leave their comments below and I'll update this post.

Pros-
    Stock ROM - Warranty will work
    Available Ram - Available RAM Is sufficient for doing most things.
    Cons -
    Bravia Engine not working.

I know this is not very good looking, but I am not very good at making threads.
    Hope you guys will understand.
    Thanks
    :highfive:​
    One more question...how can i disable update notification on status bar...because i dont want to go on .201...

you can freezee update center use titanium backup,like me friend.

i'm sorry my english very bad
    I have rooted the rom
    I made a backup of my ta partition and I unlocked my bootloader
    I flashed doomkernel and I installed supersu fix
    flashed stock kernel again :p
    relock bootloader
    Still some bugs are left...

Question - What's new in 0.201 ?
    Answer -

There is nothing new in the themes and appearance.
    Bugs have been fixed
    LED Bug - Fixed
    RAM Bug - Fixed - Now there is about 300MB RAM free
    Bravia Engine - Not sure / Needs to be checked
    Overheating - Fixed
    Battery Usage - Fixed
    Touch screen response - Fixed
    Screen Flickering - Fixed
    Camera - Worked for me even in 0.266 so there are no changes in my phone. Other users can leave their comments below and I'll update this post.

Pros-
    Stock ROM - Warranty will work
    Available Ram - Available RAM Is sufficient for doing most things.
    No risk of bricking
    Cons -
    Root not available

I know this is not very good looking, but I am not very good at making threads.
    Hope you guys will understand.
    Thanks
    :highfive:​

Bugs not Fixed :

1. Installation/Uninstallation progress bar graphics bug still available (How silly of Sony not to fix this small but annoying bug. It's really shameful)
    2. There is still screen flickering bug when waking up the screen (if stamina mode is enabled)
    3. Still i can't see any Bravia Engine in album (If anybody has the time then please double check this)
    4. White Balance setting still returns to default if phone is rebooted (both manually and by force reset)
    5. Still there is lag with scrolling and problem with navigation button transparency in a specific menu (Settings -> Xperia)
    6. I don't know if this falls into the topic but i backed up my save game data using Helium to my external sd card but now i can't restore my save data. It says 'there is an error occurred when restoring game data' .... Have not faced this problem before. Any ideas ?

Bugs Fixed :

1. Volume slider graphics bug when using custom theme
    2. Rhythmic Led bug in walkman when volume is full
    3. Battery life seems to be improved by a little margin
    4. Ram management seems to have improved a little bit but can't be sure though because i had lots of apps and games installed before and now its an empty phone
    5. Screen flickering only happened to me when i tried to wake up the phone from deep sleep during the use of stamina mode in previous firmware and it's still the same to me. I don't know if its a bug or not but according to the op, it has been fixed
    6. Never had any problems with overheating even after heavy gaming for like 30-40 minutes but the op said so himself that it has been fixed so i guess it's good

It really seems like Sony has not been listening (again) to their consumers complaint. I have been a hell of a fan of Sony Ericsson since the days of T610 but this might as well be my last Sony phone. They are very poor in providing software updates, rom optimizations and bug fixes which is not to be expected from a brand like Sony. After all these complaint, they have just fixed a small number of bugs which is very disappointing... And um sure that if they provide kitkat for XSP after all, then it will be a very buggy one and we wont even get a bug fix update because our 18 months of support time will come to an end by then :mad:
    But you can just lock it with walkman in foreground, then unlock and by this time inmediatly lock it, it works