|ROM|★Skyfall★|►3.28.605.4◄|►4.4.4◄|Nov.4.14 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
Quick question. Would the new twrp recovery that's posted in the "original" android development be ok to use to flash this ROM. I know it says CW in the instructions but it looks like the twrp is more stable now

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
Quick question. Would the new twrp recovery that's posted in the "original" android development be ok to use to flash this ROM. I know it says CW in the instructions but it looks like the twrp is more stable now

should be fine... didnt know there was an updated one.. the problem with the old one was ..

example..

i try to wipe cache.. screen would flash .. but nothing happened .. to a new user they may think it worked .. when in fact nothing happened..
now if someone tried to flash a rom .. and the install did not complete .. that would cause the device to bootloop .. and who gets the blame? ME :p

Reactions: soundwavedj

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
Ok so I'm about to try to flash this ROM. Would you flash from internal our external storage using twrp?

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
TWRP users...a factory reset is all i need then? (data, cache, dalvik) or go advanced wipe and wipe system and all that also?

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
TWRP users...a factory reset is all i need then? (data, cache, dalvik) or go advanced wipe and wipe system and all that also?

1. will do it
2. can do that also .. along with 1. i do that sometimes for the heck of it

I would recommend just wiping data/cache/dalvik, for one reason. Wiping system will delete the current ROM info, so if it turns out the ROM download was corrupted or incomplete and won't flash, you're out of luck. There are ways around it to get you back up and running (for instance with a prior TWRP/CWM backup), but as wiping system doesn't really get you anything, or make it any "safer" (in regards to preventing system or app crashes), it just makes it unnecessary and potentially more risky.

Reactions: deeznuts

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Any thoughts on removing the 10 failed password attempts wipe? I have done it on mine and can try to throw together a flashable zip to add/remove the change if anyone is interested.

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
Any thoughts on removing the 10 failed password attempts wipe? I have done it on mine and can try to throw together a flashable zip to add/remove the change if anyone is interested.

not sure what ur talking about ?

edit..

wait u mean security in the phone? i got ya.. be careful with that man .. if u lose ur device.. that may save ur data from some1

Last edited:

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
not sure what ur talking about ?

edit..

wait u mean security in the phone? i got ya.. be careful with that man .. if u lose ur device.. that may save ur data from some1

I understand, I have my device setup so that I can track/wipe it. I saw that some people were interested in being able to set it on/off in threads about it so I figured I'd ask.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

shortstuff_mt

Apr 24, 2010
I don't know if you're still welcoming feature requests, but an advanced reboot menu would make this ROM perfect IMO. :) Thanks for the great ROM! I'm loving it!

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007

TWRP made by Simon is the best. Only use that version as many of us have here with zero issues and can save on external sd card and flash from there. Cwm cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AtswhDM.png

Welcome to Skyfall
    FEATURES
    - 4.4.4 vzw stock fw, 3.28.605.4, aroma installer, stock kernel, deodexed, rooted, zipaligned, init.d, busybox,
    - drive mode, sqlite3 script, superuser, adb insecure, htc browser n sync with google account, fm radio, kitkat r/w fix,
    - system r/w, stock htc, boot animation, this rom runs in art & dalvik runtime, vzw stock contacts removed, zipalign script
    - skyfall init.d script, buildprop tweaks, google default homepage, blocked ota's. vzw apns editable, wifi tether
    - vzw bloat removed, no boot sound, 100% stock look, homescreen layouts from the stock gsm variant!

USER REMOVABLE APPS
    - chrome, google music, fitbit, drive, htc zoe, my verizon, htc notes

AROMA OPTIONS
    - choose english kb or english & extra languages, choose xposed & sense 6 toolbox or remove it
    - choose root explorer or none, choose adblocking or none, choose harman or boom sound

FAQ
    - READ THIS B4 U FLASH THIS ROM!
    - INSTALL GUIDE PLEASE READ THIS!
    - DROPPED CALLS, DATA ISSUES?
    - ADDONS AND OTHER INFO

CHANGELOG
    - VER 4.0
    - ANDROID 4.4.4
    - READ MORE!

ROM
    I am not responsible if your phone does the following
    bricks - blows up - or
    joins dancing with the stars

- DOWNLOAD ROM HERE
    MD5 BA85F2AC24C9A3903FDF89CFFADE6986

SIGNATURE BANNERS
    - SIGNATURE BANNERS BY Jose0726

*LEAVE FEEDBACK! AND HIT thanks, IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM*

:highfive: DONATiONS ARE WELCOME!! :highfive:

READ THiS NOW!!

Skyfall Q&A Section!

Q. HOW DO I INSTALL YOUR ROM?
    A. FOLLOW THESE STEPS!

1. BOOT TO CUSTOM RECOVERY 2. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP 3. GO TO WIPE SECTION. 4. SWIPE TO FACTORY RESET
    5. TAP ADVANCED WIPE 6. CHECK THE FOLLOWING DALVIK, SYSTEM, DATA, CACHE, 7. SWIPE TO ERASE ABOVE CHOICES
    8. FLASH MY ROM 9. TAP REBOOT DEVICE! WARNING! DO NOT UNCHECK REBOOT IN AROMA AFTER ROM FINISHED FLASHING!

Q. MY DEVICE IS STUCK AFTER USING AROMA INSTALLER WHAT DO I DO ?
    A. HOLD POWER, AND VOL UP + VOL DOWN UNTIL DEVICE REBOOT, DONE!

Q. DOES YOUR ROM WORK IN ART RUNTIME?
    A. YES :)

Q. DOES YOUR ROM INCLUDE HARMAN AUDIO?
    A. YES :)

Q. IM COMING FROM 4.4.3 AND IM HAVING PROBLEMS WHAT DO I DO?
    A. FLASH THE 4.4.4 RUU, THEN FLASH A CUSTOM RECOVERY, THEN FLASH MY ROM!

Q. CAN I USE XPOSED FRAMEWORK WITH ART RUNTIME?
    A. NO!

Q. DO I REALLY HAVE TO CLEAN INSTALL, CAN'T I JUST DIRTY FLASH?
    A. YOU COULD, BUT I WOULD CLEAN INSTALL, IT'S A PITA, I KNOW, BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT'S BEST. AND COULD SAVE YOU A LOT OF HEADACHES!

Q. I REALLY LIKE YOUR ROM HOW CAN I DONATE?
    A. TO DONATE, CLICK HERE
    READ THiS!

Additional Notes!

MIRRORS & BACKUPS
    - MIRROR'S AND BACKUPS BY TYLORW1

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    - 1ST HTC M8 VERIZON ROM!!

SCREENSHOTS
    - HOMESCREEN
    - SENSE 6 TOOLBOX
    - APM VIA TOOLBOX
    - LAUNCHER DRAWER
    - LOCKSCREEN

Q&A SECTION
    - FOUND HERE

ADDONS
    - REMOVE ADBLOCKING
    - RESTORE 4.4.2 POWERSAVER

MY SUPPORTED DEVICES
    - CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY ROMS
    READ THiS B4 YOU FLASH!

Rom Information!

ABOUT ROM
    THE GOAL OF THIS ROM, IS TO STAY AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE, REMOVE WHAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AND ADD
    WHAT I FEEL SHOULD BE ADDED TO IMPROVE UPON THE STOCK BASE.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS STABILITY, THAT COMES FIRST!, BEFORE MODS AND FEATURES, NEXT IS SPEED AND FLUIDITY FOLLOWED BY, USEFUL MODS THAT MAKE OUR LIVES A LITTLE EASIER.

THIS ROM IS NOT THEMED OR SKINNED IN ANYWAY, AND WILL REMAIN A 100 PERCENT STOCK IN LOOK AND DESIGN.

DEVS, DO NOT USE ANY PART OF THIS ROM WITHOUT CONTACTING ME, AND DO NOT USE THIS ROM AS A BASE!

IN CLOSING, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!, AND ENJOY MY ROM!! :good:

USEFUL LINKS
    GUIDE TO INSTALL THIS ROM CAN BE FOUND HERE
    Q&A SECTION CAN BE FOUND HERE
    SIGNATURE ROM BANNERS FOUND HERE
    CONSIDER DONATING TO THIS PROJECT! CLiCK HERE

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    ANDROID FILE HOST LINK!
    Update 4-29-14

CHANGELOG

- MAINTENANCE UPDATE
    - MMS WHILE ON WIFI FIX
    - STiCKERS IN GALLERY FIX
    - FM RADIO
    - STUFF I FORGOT
    - FLASHABLE ADDONS!
    - IF YOU DIRTY FLASH AND HAVE ISSUES CLEAN INSTALL B4 YOU POST!
    - CLEAN,FAST & STABLE!

HIT THANKS AND RATE THE THREAD 5 STARS IF U LIKE THIS ROM!,
    DONATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT THEY MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO SPEND MORE
    TIME DOING WHAT I ENJOY!! THANKS GUYS!!