Xperia Z1[Indian Users]

Search This thread

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
any AOSP rom for locked bootloader ?

No, not at all. With a locked bootloader you must use a stock kernel. So you can run a custom ROM as long as it is a stock based ROM running a stock kernel. AOSP ROMs require an AOSP kernel and will not work with the stock kernel so therefore won't work on a locked bootloader.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Free mobile app

nifty_mats

Feb 27, 2014
Guwahati
@301stSpartan
1). Wich is the best GUD LUKING, STABLE with ENHANCED PERFORMANCE ROM for Z1?

2). Is it worth it- taking all the pains to root the fone, etc etc? Mainly I want better performance, gud luks & battery life..

I'm a complete noob in dis area. Do u hv ny gud links, files having ny instructions on how to go abt it?

Sent from my Sony Z1 using Tapatalk

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
@301stSpartan
1). Wich is the best GUD LUKING, STABLE with ENHANCED PERFORMANCE ROM for Z1?

2). Is it worth it- taking all the pains to root the fone, etc etc? Mainly I want better performance, gud luks & battery life..

I'm a complete noob in dis area. Do u hv ny gud links, files having ny instructions on how to go abt it?

1) I've been on Carbon ROM for a few weeks and love it. Use build 3 (I can send a mirror if you need). I like it because it has a ton of features and UI customizations and is pretty damn stable. I use it with an older Pimped Kernel build.

2) yes, if you know what to do with it. I will never ever own an Android phone that is not rooted. Also, I basically never use stock firmware because I find AOSP ROMs to be much better. Root though doesn't magically make your phone better, but it allows you to some very useful things to improve numerous aspects of your device.

There are a lot of guides, but I'm on my phone so not going to link them now. Search the general section of this forum as well as the dev section and you'll find info.

nifty_mats

Feb 27, 2014
Guwahati
1) I've been on Carbon ROM for a few weeks and love it. Use build 3 (I can send a mirror if you need). I like it because it has a ton of features and UI customizations and is pretty damn stable. I use it with an older Pimped Kernel build.

2) yes, if you know what to do with it. I will never ever own an Android phone that is not rooted. Also, I basically never use stock firmware because I find AOSP ROMs to be much better. Root though doesn't magically make your phone better, but it allows you to some very useful things to improve numerous aspects of your device.

There are a lot of guides, but I'm on my phone so not going to link them now. Search the general section of this forum as well as the dev section and you'll find info.

From wht I've read on the net, I've seen that ppl use custom ROMs to remove bloatware like Touchwiz, Sense, etc. But, Sony already has a lot less bloatware compared to the competition.

Also, many of the custom ROMs features like themes, etc are already available in Sony.

Moreover, there's the question of stability as AOSP ROMs are based on ROMs that aren't meant for the particular device. I've heard too many ppl report issues like cam failure, radio, tv-out not working, bluetooth, wifi issues, etc etc.

Moreover, dere's the added danger of bricking ur fones. I've seen many ppl lose high-end devices like S3, S4, Incredible, etc

& lastly, developer support myt not be dere in the long run. Coz the developer can change jobs or fones anytime & he'll make ROMs for dat fone only. Considering dese things, I've decided not to flash my fone as my Z1's been brilliant till now :period:

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
From wht I've read on the net, I've seen that ppl use custom ROMs to remove bloatware like Touchwiz, Sense, etc. But, Sony already has a lot less bloatware compared to the competition.

Also, many of the custom ROMs features like themes, etc are already available in Sony.

Moreover, there's the question of stability as AOSP ROMs are based on ROMs that aren't meant for the particular device. I've heard too many ppl report issues like cam failure, radio, tv-out not working, bluetooth, wifi issues, etc etc.

Moreover, dere's the added danger of bricking ur fones. I've seen many ppl lose high-end devices like S3, S4, Incredible, etc

& lastly, developer support myt not be dere in the long run. Coz the developer can change jobs or fones anytime & he'll make ROMs for dat fone only. Considering dese things, I've decided not to flash my fone as my Z1's been brilliant till now :period:

Sony's firmware is pretty good, but isn't anywhere near as customizable as what you get with some AOSP ROMs. Some may have issues, but many don't, which is why you read the ROM thread before doing anything. Dev support is great for our phone and will continue to be for a long time as it's still a very high end device. And your chances of bricking your phone by following instructions are basically zero. There were some who got bricks a few months ago, but it is known what they did wrong and if you follow instructions, there's very little risk.

Do as you wish, many here enjoy the stock ROM. But also, when you are ready, I encourage you to try some custom ROMs, as once you flash, many of us here get addicted to it and it becomes more than just improving your phone, it becomes a hobby. Take your time. However, I would strongly suggest rooting if you have any desire to tweak your phone all. It's safe and doesn't negatively impact your phone in any way while giving you lots of flexibility to perfect your device's look, feel, and performance.

Last edited:

nifty_mats

Feb 27, 2014
Guwahati
Got a prompt saying Internal storage is 75% full. Transfer content (pics, vids, etc) to SD card. Luks like its an internal feature of KitKat..

Chirag22ster

Dec 1, 2013
My phone was running very well with. 757 update. The battery drain issue was solved. But after a walkman update 2 days ago the battery drain issue has resurfaced. Any solution guys?

Lesson learnt. Never update your xperia phone if its running well.

nifty_mats

Feb 27, 2014
Guwahati
My phone was running very well with. 757 update. The battery drain issue was solved. But after a walkman update 2 days ago the battery drain issue has resurfaced. Any solution guys?

I don't hv ny issues wid the walkman update. Fone is running fine.

Ya, I also feel 4.2.2 was the best firmware in terms of evrything- battery life, performance was the best then. But, I feel 4.4.2 (.757) is also quite gud. It has gud battery life. .681 battery life was bad.

crohit911

Aug 15, 2013
Nagpur

Correction in the lesson : remember the build of Xperia phone running well and try all updates, whenever you encounter a better build, log it.. .. after a year or so you'll have the best firmware for your needs.

Sent from my nexus one_dev beta using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Ya, I also feel 4.2.2 was the best firmware in terms of evrything- battery life, performance was the best then. But, I feel 4.4.2 (.757) is also quite gud. It has gud battery life. .681 battery life was bad.

I believe battery in..681 was better than both 4.3 builds. With.757 it became better. 757 is bug free while 681 was buggy. Stability and performance improvement still absent. Another update is on its way, I guess it'll fix those.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I believe battery in..681 was better than both 4.3 builds. With.757 it became better. 757 is bug free while 681 was buggy. Stability and performance improvement still absent. Another update is on its way, I guess it'll fix those.

Reactions: ritesh3579

nifty_mats

Feb 27, 2014
Guwahati
@301stSpartan I've read on the net dat after rooting ur fone, u don't get update notifications for Sony's newest firmwares. Is it true? Wht are the disadvantages of rooting apart from voiding ur warranty?

crohit911

Aug 15, 2013
Nagpur
@301stSpartan I've read on the net dat after rooting ur fone, u don't get update notifications for Sony's newest firmwares. Is it true? Wht are the disadvantages of rooting apart from voiding ur warranty?

I guess no. You still get the update notifications even if you don't, you can always flash the latest update via flash tool or cwm. After rooting most of the people prefer custom rom for which you have to unlock your bootloader(unless you're going to use a rom based on stock Sony kernel) . That is what is keeping me from trying custom roms. No doubt you can lock it later when you want but still..
Btw, bionz image processing chip stops working after you unlock the bootloader but one of the users confirmed that the quality of images didn't deteriorate, i. e. Even if it did it wasn't quite noticeable.
P. S. - if you plan to unlock your bootloader be sure to backup ta partition before doing so.

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL

You should still get update notifications, but if you update via Sony, you lose root. Instead, you can update easily using a pre-rooted firmware that someone on xda will surely create and then you update and keep root. Also, rooting should not void your warranty. Only unlocking the bootloader does. Either way, you can remove root or re lock the bootloader and Sony will never know.

There really aren't downsides to rooting, other than it takes a bit of work to achieve it (though it really isn't hard)

nifty_mats

Feb 27, 2014
Guwahati
"overheating problems fake???? please tell that to the side of my face which was left scarred after it overheated whilst in use & without thinking (I keep the phone in a silicone case) answered a call!"

Just read dis comment abt the HTC One X+ from a user. He burnt his face while lifting a call as the handset had heated up so much!! Cudn't stop laughing. Just thought of sharing. Was thinking abt buying a 2nd hand handset for my gf..

crohit911

Aug 15, 2013
Nagpur
"overheating problems fake???? please tell that to the side of my face which was left scarred after it overheated whilst in use & without thinking (I keep the phone in a silicone case) answered a call!"

Just read dis comment abt the HTC One X+ from a user. He burnt his face while lifting a call as the handset had heated up so much!! Cudn't stop laughing. Just thought of sharing. Was thinking abt buying a 2nd hand handset for my gf..

You wanna burn the face of your gf?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A kind advice:

If you're not interested in Z1, nor sold it/exchanged it then please don't use this thread for just putting up posts like the one above. It's just irritating. You're welcome to leave. This thread or this forum for the matter consists of people loyal/fanboys/proud owners of Sony/Xperia Z1. Bashing Sony here would only cause one heck of a fight, which in turn would prove catastrophic for all us users of this thread. If you're not satisfied and have prepared for another device then you can leave the thread as it is. Forums are for discussion not for putting up points like Sony is a fraud/cheat etc. 99% of people accept Z1 is good and in turn if one keeps o bashing it, it won't matter at all. That's what is happening above. This is my kind suggestion applicable to all.
    something fun for you benchmark buffs

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/24/xperia-z1-breaks-record-score-in-antutu-benchmark/

BU6QeCBCQAIa8Xl.png:small
    UK Sim Free price is actually 550 pounds which is 55000 at current rates.... It still doesn't matter as most people including me buy it on contract and we get a reliable service and 50 times better speed than you Indians do!

more than 90% of the time your phone will be in screen off state... here the background syncing will be going on... which works perfectly fine even on EDGE...

out of the remaining 10% you will be using "extra high bandwidth" (LTE) services for less than 2%... so you will be paying ~120 pounds more for that "extra high bandwidth" ...

also correction: its not 50 times better speed... its about 10 times better speeds..

here is a speedtest i just performed on Vodafone India (Gujarat) 3G network

583490406.png

this can be easily quoted as a "high bandwidth" connection...

finally the 3G data rates are really cheap in India:
    1GB 3G data for INR 249 (~2.5 GBP)

now you can see for yourself the premium you are paying for that "extra high bandwidth"

oh and forgot to mention...

that "extra high bandwidth" that you guys are bragging about, just read online how much battery gets zapped while using LTE vs 3G...
    I don't know if you guys are morons or just a little too over confident, but please stop discussing insurance fraud in this forum. As stated earlier not only will it lead to withdrawal of such schemes but may also lead to prosecution of you geniuses.

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app
    Dropbox Link

Guys I've Downloaded it and Flashed it (C6902 Indian)
    Its working awesome
    many issues resolved
    I uploaded it on dropbox

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51241400/C6902_14.1.G.2.257_Global.ftf
    Do hit thanks:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory: