[APP][CWM][TWRP][RECOVERY] Freedom Flex for the LG G Flex - Now with Bump!!!

Search This thread

zNiiC

Nov 13, 2013
How am i able to get into download mode if im stuck in recovery? Sorry to pester this thread but the chat at LG isn't helping

Last edited:

PattyNYC

Sep 26, 2009
Queens
How am i able to get into download mode if im stuck in recovery? Sorry to pester this thread but the chat at LG isn't helping
You can power off from the cwm recovery. Then while the device is completely powered off hold the volume up button while plugging in the phone into a usb port on your PC. Sorry If you already tried that. it may be possible to adb sideload an att stock rom zip once one is available.

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
No that sounds involved. How do you like the device? If the off topic clogs your thread I'll shut up man. Congrats

sentfromybrain

its HUGE!!! lol so use to my gnex, but I really like it and really appreciate those who got it for me. It needs the screen replaced b4 I slice my finger open lol, but other than that it sees like a really nice device. Def think I'll be getting a new sim for it and use it on tmo. :)

Reactions: aaronrw

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey

AT&T USA MODEL ONLY

This laf.img file is only guaranteed to work for AT&T US Model, you will have to find your specific model laf.img, but command in terminal is the same

If you can still boot into ROM Download laf.img, place it on root of your SDCARD and run from terminal

adb shell [enter]
su [enter] - (not needed on windows)
dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf [enter] (courtesy of @autoprime)

once done you will see a confirmation and you now have d/l mode back to flash tot

Last edited:

zNiiC

Nov 13, 2013
If you can still boot into ROM Download laf.img, place it on root of your SDCARD and run from terminal

adb shell [enter]
su [enter]
dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf [enter]

once done you will see a confirmation and you now have d/l mode back to flash tot

i get \sbin\sh: su: not found
ive transferred that .img to sdcard

Last edited:

zNiiC

Nov 13, 2013

adb shell [enter]
su [enter]
dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf [enter]

what OS are u running? If windows try with just adb shell and the dd command (sorry I use Ubuntu/Mac)
win 8.1
this is what i get: http://i.imgur.com/fjwFAC4.png

Last edited:

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
its HUGE!!! lol so use to my gnex, but I really like it and really appreciate those who got it for me. It needs the screen replaced b4 I slice my finger open lol, but other than that it sees like a really nice device. Def think I'll be getting a new sim for it and use it on tmo. :)

I had a nexus4 before my flex so yea. Its HUGE no doubt! Well you sound like you need bandaids be careful

sentfromybrain

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
How did you get the laf.img in your sdcard if you can't boot to the os? Adb push? I had issues trying to adb push while in recovery but it worked fine once I tried again to push files while booted into android.

He was able to still boot into Android. In order to push via recovery i think you need to adb shell

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: PattyNYC

zNiiC

Nov 13, 2013
He was able to still boot into Android. In order to push via recovery i think you need to adb shell

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No I wasn't. Yes, I pushed the .img via adb, used the terminal comand from mrksbrd plus another terminal command. It booted into android then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!! No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

NOTE: This is only known to work with jellybean currently. This DOES NOT work with kitkat at this time and could even possibly brick your device!!!!!

Now updated with Bump'ed imgs and works with 4.4 kitkat.

Okay folks, We finally got things figured out and working and you can now free your LG G Flex. :)

People to Thank
    • koush - for his awesome recovery.
    • TeamWin - for their awesome recovery.
    • Dees_Troy - for helping, assisting, and sharing with me.
    • djrbliss - for adding loki support.
    • Everyone that tested.

Team Codefire for Bump. Be sure to show these guys your appreciation!!! ;)

• @thecubed/IOMonster - Paypal Donate - discovering the exploit and being Oz behind the curtain!!!
    • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
    • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
    • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
    • @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
    • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

What this app does?
    • Flashes the bootloader (aboot) from the F340K that supports loki.
    • Flashes your choice of Clockworkmod Recovery or TWRP.
    • Options to Backup/Restore your EFS partition.
    • Option to reboot to recovery.
    • Each time the app is ran it checks for the latest zip from my server and automatically downloads if a new zip is uploaded.

Requirements
    • Must be rooted!!!
    • A network connection is needed to download the needed files.
    • Willing to void your warranty!!!

Known Issues
    • Install for TWRP not working.
    • TWRP reported not working on the LS995.
    • This DOES NOT WORK with KitKat 4.4.2. A solution is being worked on to rectify this though. ;)

Supported Devices
    • LG G Flex D955 for Europe - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex D958 for Hong Kong & Asia - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex D959 for T-Mobile USA - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex D950 for AT&T - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex LS995 for Sprint - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex F340 for Korea - Confirmed working!

The Goods

The apk is also upload here on XDA on the downloads tab. freedom-release.apk

XDA:DevDB Information
    Freedom Flex, an application to free your LG G Flex, App for the LG G Flex

Contributors
    PlayfulGod, thecubed, Shelnutt2, autoprime, IllegalArgument, AnimatronicRocketReptile, Dees_Troy

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-11-10
    Current Beta Version: 1.0.8
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-03

Created 2014-05-03
    Last Updated 2014-11-10
    we have rooted kk with our working jb aboot and recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone needs to make sure to thank savoca and his awesome work, all done in about a 1.5hrs!!!!!!!!!!

the goodness is forth coming later tonight!!!!!!!!!
    Changelog

To get any updates that are done, just rerun the app. It will automatically check for & download any available updates. This pertains only to the images only.

05-06-2014
    • CWM updated to v6.0.4.8
      • Swipe enabled
    • TWRP Install button fixed

05-07-2014
    • TWRP v2.7.0.0 Working - Confirmed on D950.
    • CWM updated with a more fitting font. ;)
    • APK updated - added reboot button to recovery install activity.

• CWM updated with dual touch/swipe
    Updates coming today!!! Bump released and yes it works for the Flex.

I need to run a release build of FF and make sure I got my ducks in a row. I will be updating the OP here shortly. ;)

and for all you inspiring devs, you can bump your own imgs too. Just visit http://apps.codefi.re/bump/

Bump would not be possible without the help and support of many people.
    Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!

• @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
    • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
    • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
    • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
    • @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
    • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!
    If you need a tester for d955, i'm here .. ;)

I'm pretty confident that one img should work for all again like it did before. ;)