[Q] XT926 RSDlite not recognizing device

Search This thread

id05dav

Feb 13, 2012
So my razr is softbricked. I have been reading the forums here for the last 4 days, probably around 10 hours+ reading for solution. Anyways, my phone refuses to turn on and it pulls up the "downgraded security version" on the fastboot screen. Now, adb recognizes my phone in fastboot mode, and I tried flashing back the stock firmware (I had it updated to 9.30 locked bootloader) to no luck. I read that RSDlite is the way to go, but it refuses to recognize my phone. I have updated the drivers close to 9 times already, and I honestly doubt that's the issue, as adb can recognize my phone just fine. Under configuration/Flash Modes there's an option for fastboot, which is greyed out and unclick-able. Is there something I could do to get it to recognize my phone? I'm not ready to give up on it just yet.

id05dav

Feb 13, 2012
I figured the reason RSDlite wasn't working. For those who are experiencing similar issues with RSDlite not recognizing your device, I can confirm that it does not work with windows 8.1. You will have to run it in windows 7, or else it will not recognize your device.

StefanGA

Apr 3, 2007
When you say windows 7, do you mean a true physical win 7 machine, or windows 8.1 with rsdlite being executed in win 7 compatibility mode? I can't get rsdlite to work on my laptop as well and have no other machine..

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk

id05dav

Feb 13, 2012
I have another old desktop running windows 7. I tried it there and it was able to recognize my razr in fastboot. My laptop runs windows 8.1, and no matter what I did, rsdlite didn't recognize my razr. I think rsdlite just doesn't support 8.1 yet.

Reactions: StefanGA

id05dav

Feb 13, 2012
:( I honestly would switch my laptop to windows 7, if i didn't have to pay the 100$ for the OS. I still can't seem to adapt to windows 8. I don't like the answer any more than you do, I messed around with the settings enough to give up. Hopefully they might make a patch in the near future to allow it to work on windows 8.1.

id05dav

Feb 13, 2012
I used a USB 2.0 port on my laptop and desktop, same sync cable on both. If the cable was the only thing stopping it in windows 8.1, then I'm sure it would had been the same in windows 7. However, I was fully able to use RSDlite on my windows 7 desktop without any issues.

Castell93

May 3, 2017
Virtualize a W7 Os

Yeah, my RSD Lite doesn't recgonizde mi device, just in w7. You guys could install a virtual machine program like VM Ware or Virtual Box and Install the drivers, RSD Lite and the desired Firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured the reason RSDlite wasn't working. For those who are experiencing similar issues with RSDlite not recognizing your device, I can confirm that it does not work with windows 8.1. You will have to run it in windows 7, or else it will not recognize your device.
    I have another old desktop running windows 7. I tried it there and it was able to recognize my razr in fastboot. My laptop runs windows 8.1, and no matter what I did, rsdlite didn't recognize my razr. I think rsdlite just doesn't support 8.1 yet.