[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S4 (jflte)

Search This thread

bsimpson1

Jun 16, 2013
Is the new torch app going to eventually have the strobe and high brightness options, or are those gone for good?

bsimpson1

Jun 16, 2013
Hit the 3 little dots in the top right and you have high brightness. I don't know about seizure mode though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response.

Hm... I only have an "About" option which warns about high brightness, but doesn't give me an option to turn it on. This is really bizarre because I just got done asking about features from another ROM that were missing for me after an update that other users seemed to still have.
I have my DPI set to 340 and a few xposed mods. I'll have to experiment and see if that has something to do with it.

jorceshaman

Jul 15, 2013
Michigan
Thanks for the response.

Hm... I only have an "About" option which warns about high brightness, but doesn't give me an option to turn it on. This is really bizarre because I just got done asking about features from another ROM that were missing for me after an update that other users seemed to still have.
I have my DPI set to 340 and a few xposed mods. I'll have to experiment and see if that has something to do with it.

Here's what I have. uploadfromtaptalk1399510342575.jpg

bsimpson1

Jun 16, 2013
Here's what I have. View attachment 2731514

That's identical to mine except for the High Brightness item in the menu. I've never heard of anything like this happening. Maybe it does a check to see if the device is compatible with the high brightness and removes it from the menu if the check fails.. If that's the case, maybe my DPI settings are throwing it off. I'll post back if I can figure out what's going on .

jorceshaman

Jul 15, 2013
Michigan
That's identical to mine except for the High Brightness item in the menu. I've never heard of anything like this happening. Maybe it does a check to see if the device is compatible with the high brightness and removes it from the menu if the check fails.. If that's the case, maybe my DPI settings are throwing it off. I'll post back if I can figure out what's going on .

It might be your DPI, everyone in this thread should have some form of the GS4 so not very much differing hardware.

.Ejekt

Apr 13, 2009
Getting a really bizarre issue. When I'm in a call, every 5 seconds or so I hear two, loud, quick beeps. Any ideas?

rajones19

Aug 11, 2010
Getting a really bizarre issue. When I'm in a call, every 5 seconds or so I hear two, loud, quick beeps. Any ideas?

I experienced exactly the same thing yesterday. Two beeps, almost sounds like an incoming call beep - started as soon as I dialed, and before the outgoing call was even connected. They were 10 seconds apart, and continued until the call was disconnected. No idea if they also happened on incoming calls, as all my calls were out-bound. I flashed a different ROM (mainly to regain compass functionality), and forgot to report the beeps.

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

I experienced exactly the same thing yesterday. Two beeps, almost sounds like an incoming call beep - started as soon as I dialed, and before the outgoing call was even connected. They were 10 seconds apart, and continued until the call was disconnected. No idea if they also happened on incoming calls, as all my calls were out-bound. I flashed a different ROM (mainly to regain compass functionality), and forgot to report the beeps.

It was a known issue starting with yesterday's build. They posted about it on their site, G+, and Twitter and committed a fix.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CyanogenMod/status/464180759603838976

Fix: http://is.gd/efYUtF

I am not sure if the fix made it into last night's build or not... I am running fitsnugly's build and he added it shortly after the announcement.

rajones19

Aug 11, 2010
It was a known issue starting with yesterday's build. They posted about it on their site, G+, and Twitter and committed a fix.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CyanogenMod/status/464180759603838976

Fix: http://is.gd/efYUtF

I am not sure if the fix made it into last night's build or not... I am running fitsnugly's build and he added it shortly after the announcement.

Thanks for this - I'll have to start watching their G+ and Twitter feeds. I always think of this thread as the font of information.

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro

jkc120

Sep 8, 2010
Hmm haven't had this problem in a while but today my systemui locked up when I went to type in Google now and when I rebooted from the power menu, after the reboot I had no keyboard! the only thing under input in settings was the voice input. rebooted and AOSP keyboard was back, but all my settings (vibrate intensity, autocapitalization etc) were back to the defaults. Weird.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: cm-11.0 nightlies have stopped for this device/variant. While these builds will likely stick around and be usable, they will no longer be updated. See here for cm-12.0 nightlies: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-veri...m-cyanogenmod-12-0-nightlies-verizon-t2998057
    (Yes, you can dirty flash this over a cm-11.0 build)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (see here)
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Unified Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jflte&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S4, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    boot hangs fixed
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/58715/

now i can continue on with my life
    this should be in tomorrow's nightly (20140201)

EDIT: we also cherry picked it to 10.2, so the immanent 10.2.1 release will have it fixed as well.
    QI charging will be fixed in tomorrow's build (20140219).

I know about the carrier display bug. Its purely cosmetic. Being looked into...
    PSA

Starting with tomorrow's build (20140218) we will be moving to unified builds for jf. Instead of downloading jfltevzw builds, you'll now download jflte builds. All qcom Galaxy S4's will use this same build.

You shouldn't notice much, if any, difference. (That's the theory at least xD)

OP will be updated shortly.

Enjoy!

EDIT: In order for the built-in CM Updater to work, you'll need to manually flash one jflte build.