[Rom]Team Venum - STS v1.2 - Odexed/Tweaked- MA7/MK4 3/25

Search This thread

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Slesh, are you still going to show some love to the note 2? I know you've got the s5 as well, but I think even with the s5 I'm going to keep the note 2... least for a while.?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I dont have nearly enough time to do half of what I want on the s5

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: thunderwagn

Spydr

Dec 3, 2008
I used to use MyFiles, but ive been a Rom Toolbox junkie for a while and its one of the first 3 things I always DL from the market on a fresh install so as mentioned I removed SecNoteMyFiles cus I assumed everyone has their own favorite root explorer, and its just bloat

I like Rom Toolbox too, but if I can't get to the files on the storage card, how am I to install it? Or Titanium Backup or anything else that's stored on the sd card?

Spydr

Dec 3, 2008
Wow, The ROM looks pretty nice and all.
I had to give up and go back to what I had.
Just wondering... Is there a secret handshake required to get the WiFi to turn on and stay on?

Scoosch

Nov 26, 2013
Minneapolis
I used to use MyFiles, but ive been a Rom Toolbox junkie for a while and its one of the first 3 things I always DL from the market on a fresh install so as mentioned I removed SecNoteMyFiles cus I assumed everyone has their own favorite root explorer, and its just bloat

Hey slesh, what are the other 2 things you install right away? Just curious what your essential items are on a fresh install.

AllanonMage

Feb 6, 2008
Bumfukistan
Some kind of weird spyware payload???

I just loaded this ROM and it looks great. Wasn't too happy that auto update was enabled on Google Play, but whatevs. Odd thing was the phone rebooted shortly after I turned off auto update. ROM was pretty fresh. All I had doe was NANDROID and turn off auto updates after I realized it was auto updating.

I was poking around after turning that off and noticed that "Mobile Tracker v1.0" and a few other things with a similar icon had virtually unlimited tracking/monitoring capabilities on my phone. Is that part of the ROM, the toolkit, or supposed to be there? There wasn't much other information there. I'd rather not have spyware on my phone, so what can I do to remove this stuff? Some of it could be legit, but I don't know, I've never seen it before. I am looking in the "All" section of the APplication manager. They all reference the ability to call SysScope. They have a weird Paper background witha gear icon, not the "normal" android icon for system utilities.

com.samsung.InputEventApp
CSC
IOTHiddenMenu
Perso
PhoneUtil
Preconfig
RilNotifier
SysScope (different icon)
wssyncmlnps

Is this spyware or some part of one of those apps I'm not famaliar with that came bundled with the ROM?

AllanonMage

Feb 6, 2008
Bumfukistan
VPN issues??

I've tried 2 different OpenVPN apps and they are giving me different errors.

One says that "your android firmware does not support the VPNService API("

OpenVPN Connect says "Sorry, due to a known issue in this version of android, it is not possible to gain permission to open a VPN tunnel"

There seems to be a few problems popping up with OpenVPN based VPNs in various Android 4.x OSs, but none complaine about 4.3 specifically. Usually they complain about 4.4 or back when 4.0 and 4.1 were new. I found this article talking about it on OpenVPN, and they're just pointing the finger, but I can't find the actual bug referenced:
https://forums.openvpn.net/topic13772.html

What the heck??? ARGH

Any ideas on how to fix this up? I'd prefer the strength of OpenVPN over PPTP.

I emailed the email for OpenVPN connect and they emailed me back almost immediately. The guy seems to think the problem is related to the dialog popup for the confirmation acknowledgement that you are sure that the app that you paid for, downloaded, installed, logged into , and just clicked connect, again, is indeed something that you want to connect to, that's designed to protect you from yourself, because that's probably missing, the whole thing is crashing down and broken (my synopsis).

I tried installing these tools:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.blinkt.vpndialogxposed

(I think XPosed was already in the ROM though....)

that I found out about here:
https://code.google.com/p/ics-openvpn/wiki/FAQ

but that didn't seem to help with either the OpenVPN Connect app or the other one I am working with.

ugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: sleshepic

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
I've tried 2 different OpenVPN apps and they are giving me different errors.

One says that "your android firmware does not support the VPNService API("

OpenVPN Connect says "Sorry, due to a known issue in this version of android, it is not possible to gain permission to open a VPN tunnel"

There seems to be a few problems popping up with OpenVPN based VPNs in various Android 4.x OSs, but none complaine about 4.3 specifically. Usually they complain about 4.4 or back when 4.0 and 4.1 were new. I found this article talking about it on OpenVPN, and they're just pointing the finger, but I can't find the actual bug referenced:
https://forums.openvpn.net/topic13772.html

What the heck??? ARGH

Any ideas on how to fix this up? I'd prefer the strength of OpenVPN over PPTP.

I emailed the email for OpenVPN connect and they emailed me back almost immediately. The guy seems to think the problem is related to the dialog popup for the confirmation acknowledgement that you are sure that the app that you paid for, downloaded, installed, logged into , and just clicked connect, again, is indeed something that you want to connect to, that's designed to protect you from yourself, because that's probably missing, the whole thing is crashing down and broken (my synopsis).

I tried installing these tools:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.blinkt.vpndialogxposed

(I think XPosed was already in the ROM though....)

that I found out about here:
https://code.google.com/p/ics-openvpn/wiki/FAQ

but that didn't seem to help with either the OpenVPN Connect app or the other one I am working with.

ugh.

Theres VPN apk's in bloat package

Reactions: AllanonMage

AllanonMage

Feb 6, 2008
Bumfukistan
Theres VPN apk's in bloat package

I'll re-load this ROM (I was hoping to get back to it, YEY!) and then load some "bloat" lol. I guess I just need those two labeled VPN - VPNClient.apk and VPNDialogs.apk? Probably? And then I can use xposed to suppress that weirdo nagging prompt about protecting myself. Maybe?

*update 1*

reflashing to Venum STS (is that what this is called?) and then removing all the APKs besides the named VPN APKs allowed me to use my specific VPN providers VPN app. I will try again in a little bit with the OpenVPN app(s) and see how those do. My next test though is to suppress that super annoying "protection" prompt with xposed and that xposed module.

Thanks given to Slesh for the reply. I work in tech support and it's a godsend to actually get a dev to respond. My engineering teams at work do not deign to respond to lowly people like us on the front lines, so I *love* getting responses :D Don't judge me :p

*update 2*

Post "bloat" install
I had to install the xposed core and the xposed vpn bypass module to bypass the nag prompt, but it works great. Thanks to the devs who did the heavy lifting!

Last edited:

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
OP

I am using different rom for Tmobile Note 2 and the lasso/crop/share feature is missing. I have noticed that you were able to solve this issue in your rom for 4.3. Could you explain which files/apk are necessary for this feature to work?

I have tried judt copying Ssuggest_j_device_only.apk into /system/app and nothing worked.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

EDIT: I figured it out. it was SuggestionService.apk only in /system/app/ folder.

Last edited:

AllanonMage

Feb 6, 2008
Bumfukistan
After using it for a while...., lots of random stuff

Is the voicemail app supposed to work? i don't think mine is. I have not explored this though.

I seem to have broken the long press home button functionality somehow. After some form of crash/reboot, a long press on the home button will bring up the reboot menu as if I had instead long pressed on the power button. I reset APEX back to the default settings and that did not resolve the issue. I didn't find any APEX settings that addresses the issue either :-/ Any ideas besides reverting back to a NANDROID?

On a possibly related note, how can I configure PIE to ignore the keyboard area? I looked around the controls and it looks like I might be able to do so, but I'm not sure what the keyboard process is named. Right now I'm using the Samsung keyboard. I'd also like to whitelist the Lastpass keyboard if i go down this route. For now I'm disabling PIE, though I'd like to turn it on.

I've noticed that I still have reboot problems even with this ROM, so I think it's the phone, the network, or maybe an app on my phone. Any tips or logging software to narrow that down, or a list of usual offenders? I tried aLogRec and that didn't really get me much useful info :(

On a related note, does Firefox for Android crash almost all the time for everyone else too?

Is there much to be done about this annoying 4.3 "your WiFi connection is unstable"? I see lots of other people complaining too, but not much in the way of fixes, and it seems kind of like a 4.3 bug almost.

puneet_si

Nov 29, 2010
New Delhi
NE2

Hello Slesh, many thanks for the great work! Been using this ROM since release and absolutely love it. Any plans of releasing this for the NE2 update - eagerly looking forward to it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Venum and Sleshepic Present
    Slesh's Tweaked Stock - Odexed LJC/MA7/MK4
    --MK4 Release Second POST--

This was built from requests, and work, from the community. For most of this I merely put together and odexed the work of others - So Credit goes to them. Big Thanks to AndreiLux, Viperboy, Joshbeach, and Venum, for their work. It was built to have the look and feel of Stock, with added speed, smoothness, battery, and added functionality.

LJC STS
    Includes:
    -Theme left stock per request...This was Difficult. Only a couple Apk's were added otherwise left Stock
    -Slesh's/Venum Tweak Package - Battery and Smoothness build.prop, init d etc
    -AndreiLux's Perseus Kernel - Thanks AndreiLux
    -4 -1 Reboot Mod (don't use Quick Reboot) - Thanks Joshbeach(and for Deodexed LJC base I started with)
    -Multi Window All Apps Mod - Thanks Viperboy
    -Wifi Tether - Treve mod - (in Settings set Device-Profile to "Samsung Galaxy S3", and Setup-Method to "Netd-Ndc") - Thanks Treve!
    -Noozxoide Audio
    -Chameleon and HFA fix for Lk8 to LJC reversion - thx t3project
    -Dexopt-Wrapper in /system/bin for easy odexing, and Busybox included

STS - Slesh's Tweaked Stock - Odexed

MA5 STS
    Includes:
    -Theme left stock per request. Only a couple Apk's were added otherwise left Stock
    -Slesh's/Venum Tweak Package - Battery and Smoothness build.prop, init d etc
    -Odexed MA5 App and Framework - Thanks DanWeb66 for Deodexed base
    -AndreiLux's Perseus Kernel - Thanks AndreiLux
    -Extended Reboot - Thanks Clark44 for Guide - Don't Use Download Option - not working
    -Multi Window All Apps Mod - Thanks grgsiocl for Guide
    -Noozxoide Audio
    -Dexopt-Wrapper in /system/bin for easy odexing, and Busybox included

MA7 v1.3
    -Everything as before Plus CRT OFF

MA7 v1.4 3/19
    -fixed CRT
    -fixed multi app mod
    -added expandable popup browser
    -few build.prop edits
    -new 1.4 bloat package
    -my newest kernel (Governors_v1.6)
    (if you have 64gb exfat sd issues format to fat32 or flash Perseus kernel)

http://www.teamvenum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=717&p=4820#p4820

Full Wipe is Strongly Recommended. Rom is Odexed, If you have issues after not doing so I can't Help.
    I, nor anyone associated with the mods, are responsible for anything that happens to your device upon flashing. We do this to better our devices, not get caught up in poor wiping procedure

Screenshot_2013-03-11-17-48-57_zps0981097c.png
    Slesh's Tweaked Stock - MK4

Based on Official MK4 4.3 release - Thanks Sammobile and Dsixda and his awesome Kitchen tool
    -Big thanks to Chaz187 and Avatar for testing!
    -Heavily Debloated (`319 megs of Junk Removed, All SPen Functionality Left in)
    -Extended Reboot menu
    -Native Hotspot Enable (thx Crawrj)
    -Connection Optimizer Removed - thx digi
    -Modded Stock kernel - Selinux Permissive
    -Noozxoide Audio
    -CRT Off Animation - Thx Sorg
    -Apex Launcher included
    -Custom/Original Notifications/Ringtones.
    -Custom Bootanimations enabled
    -All updated apps Post MK4 release
    -Tweaked for speed/Battery life and other touches, init.d support
    -Wanam Xposed is in /data/app. to install Xposed framework and wanam modules simply open Wanam xposed app and follow directions for xposed framework download. If you do not want Wanam's ad-on etc, simply uninstall.
    I have been Using CWM and have not had any flashing issues. CWM can easily be gotten from Rom Manager. Or many have been using Philz Touch as well (TWRP may work fine but have not tested myself)​

[outdated]STS MK4 v1.1 Odexed W/ CRT OFF
    -Full Wipe Needed, Wipe System, data, Cache and Dalvik
    STS_MK4_v1.1_ODEXED.zip - 661.50 MB

STS MK4 v1.1 Odexed Bloat
    STS_MK4_v1.1_ODEXED_BLOAT.zip - 281.69 MB
    -Zip is Flashable. If you only want a couple apks simply use 7zip or other on comp to delete everything BUT what you want flashed(and their resepective .odex files). Then Flash in recovery wiping cache and Dalvik

STS MK4 v1.2 Odexed 3/25
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407581759

Add On for Profile/PRL Update Flash after Rom Flash for Apk needed for Profile/Prl updates (also in Bloat Package)
    STS_v1.1_Add_On_SprintAndroidExtension.zip - 514.18 KB

ChangeLog:
    -Added back/rearranged Stock Toggles, Added flashlight
    -Added STS Settings Menu with access to SU, Noozie, Torch, Pie, and Google Settings
    -included Themed Play Store. Thanks to Team Black Out for base
    -Added Battery Percentage Mod, will work now with Battery morphs, Posted Below (wipe cache and Dalvik before flashing in Recovery)
    -Made the redo of SystemUI standard(quick settings and Settings button on left and "Clear" button moved to bottom of layout
    -Updated and Odexed System apps. have not touched Bloat package
    -Some Tweak Changes

Venum Keyboard
    note_2_MK4_Venum'd_Keyboard.zip - 6.45 MB
    -Wipe cache and Dalvik before flashing in Recovery​

NOTE: if upgrading from previous firmware (MA7/MC2 etc) for first time, Odin Wifi fix and Flash MK4 Modem (Modem not required but probably recommended). They can be found in Lorjays thread. Thx Lorjay and Dr. Ketan
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541395
    Re: [Rom]Team Venum - STS - Tweaked Stock - Odexed MA7 3/19

I absolutely love this rom but it ruined my 64gb SanDisk card :( bought a new Samsung 64gb card and it too is not recognized... Figured I'd see if it's just me. Downloaded multiple times and it's the same thing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing about my rom "ruined" your sd card. Flash perseus kernel, or stock kernel. This is an issue with exfat modules being totally proprietary and untouchable not my rom.

Edit: honestly this is becoming frustrating, I wish people would read a bit across the forums. Exfat is an ongoing issue and im SICK of hearing about it. Honestly at this point...learn how to build your own kernel. People request kernel features like they're theme features. If you dont like my kernel, THEN JUST FLASH PERSEUS OR STOCK!!! OMG. Dont mean to be a **** but damn people, this has been gone over so many times.
    64gb users are SUCH a minority yet I hear so much crap from them. Fu $#in read a little before you complain in my thread. If you have a prob with your 64 gb stupid sd card FLASH PERSEUS!!!! (Or...build your own...simple right?)
    I shouldnt have to write all this damnit lol.
    You all should know better if you're buying a damn note 2 and flashing random stuff on it, exfat is kernel (NOT ROM) dependant and is hit or miss

So please, someone other than Andreilux gives us a kernel with working exfat for TW roms built from MA7 source. Im not at all saying im doing everything right. But im just a regular guy that taught himself everything from scratch and am sick of tons of people doing nothing other than requesting stuff. Build your own FU $#in kernel, dual boot your comp, learn linux, get the source, modify it, pour over Git for hundreds of hours (hundreds! ) then field complaints over stupid 64gb cards you don't own yourself., flash Perseus, enjoy mine, or shut the Fu@$ up.
    Rant over
    Repeat this in my other thread. Geez people
    Was bored, so updated this to MA5. Had a feeling/read this was either official, or we won't have many leaks for a bit.(i'll be proven wrong in 17 days i'm sure) Couldn't get the download mode to work with my Extended Reboot Mod, but Recovery and Reboot work fine so I'm rolling with it.
    Ready to try this out... I loved the last versions. I should be good in about 6 hours, now I remember what a 56k modem felt like. Thanks for the hard work.

Just got home, will start a mirror now. will be a while.

And I gotta say, cus it's been buggin me(and a few others) a bit.
    I (We/Team Venum) will do the best it can to get mirrors and such up in a timely fashion, but please understand in the meantime that we have lives, and put alot into this to get complaints about speeds. Not only do we spend countless hours making something for free, but what most don't know is I/we pay to get you guys a dedicated server for our stuff. I pay every month for access to a reliable, clean server, and have never once made my money back through donations - never once. Think about that. I pay out of my own pocket to make stuff to give away, knowing I'll never make it back. Not trying to *****, just trying to put it in perspective when I read posts about DL speeds. I'm paying money to give something for free, that I spend tons of time on, and then get complaints on how fast it gets there. makes one wonder why I/we do it right? Rant over

that being said, the damn mirror is upcoming lol

Edit: Actually I did once, now that I think about it, Thank you Brian and Avatar :) deserve a shout out