[APP][TEQTIC][4.1+] LeanDroid - ? Most advanced battery saver

Search This thread

jairoken

May 11, 2014
Yea that isn't necessary. LeanData is already a service and is built so that it can withstand being killed and recreated. The problem comes with KitKat where if the system kills a service, it no longer restarts (shows 0 processes in Running Services) like it should and did in other versions of Android. This is why you can't swipe the app away from the recent apps list. If the system is low on memory the system can also kill the service and then it fails to restart. I'm going to add an option for a persistent notification.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It is not necessary to do a persistent notification, as soon as already we have formed the application to put an option in order that when we extinguish it completely and we return to light the telephone start the application in the beginning, like that already we will not have this problems of which we erase it of the recent applications since it is not going to go out for us there and already the application was not closed, this way there have been solved some applications that also it happens to them in kitkat

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
It is not necessary to do a persistent notification, as soon as already we have formed the application to put an option in order that when we extinguish it completely and we return to light the telephone start the application in the beginning, like that already we will not have this problems of which we erase it of the recent applications since it is not going to go out for us there and already the application was not closed, this way there have been solved some applications that also it happens to them in kitkat

Yes, it is needed. The service cannot restart itself on KitKat once killed by the system. You can hide it from Settings -> Applications -> LeanData -> Show notifications.

Reactions: 954wrecker

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Just published a new update and should be available in a couple of hours.

1.2.0:
• Fixed Bluetooth being turned off when connected
• New option: Only disable if inactive
• Major logic overhaul
• Added persistent notification for KitKat devices (can hide from Settings -> Applications -> LeanData -> Un-check "show notifications"

Last edited:

DeepDay

Jul 10, 2008
On Android 2.3.3 the bottom entry is half covered by the "Briefly re-enable connections ofr sync" text.

DeepDay

Jul 10, 2008
After today's update the bottom entry is completely gone, can't edit it at all.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Interesting. The only time I remember WiFi getting stuck "turning on" was years ago on my Motorola Milestone! I'm afraid it sounds like a phone issue to me. It is working fine on my 4.4.2 Nexus 5, and in fact the majority of the users are on KitKat.

I really don't want to link to a similar product on this thread, but Flyview you can find the thread I refer to in this same Android Apps and Games subforum, leducbao is the OP. In fact, the last couple of posts in that thread are about wifi getting stuck "turning on". You may well have a different approach to his, just wanted to flag up that the periodic wifi toggle can cause issues.

Well, since posting the comment about wifi getting stuck "turning on", I haven't had an issue! I have left my wifi network a few times, and on waking up the phone it picked up the wireless network again, and whilst within the range of the wireless network, it also woke up and connected to it.

The only change I had made to the external variables was to install an update to my ROM, after which I cleared dalvik and cache - I'm running LeanData1.1.2. Just installing v1.2 now...

mva1985

Dec 31, 2008
Been using both of your apps now for a day or two and I'm really liking them. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Nice app. Works great on my buddies i717/CM10 4.2. Not so on mine Note i717 LiquidSmooth 4.4. I keep getting a "Unfortunately Lean Data has closed" Even the new update has the same result. Any idea?

Send me a logcat to teqtic@gmail.com please. I think you can also report the bug straight from the error.

Last edited:

Jakub_Z.

Jul 2, 2013
I'm having some problems with wifi from latest update. After some time when I turn on screen I see that wifi is switched off and I can't turn it back on - only reboot helps.

Don't know if thats my phone or something but it happens after that update and I'm connecting this with your app ;)

WhiteEVO

Jul 19, 2010
bluetooth turning off while in use has been fixed for me but now the data turns off even though its active streaming pandora.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
I'm having some problems with wifi from latest update. After some time when I turn on screen I see that wifi is switched off and I can't turn it back on - only reboot helps.

Don't know if thats my phone or something but it happens after that update and I'm connecting this with your app ;)

I'll try and look into this.

How do I get to the logcat?

Try and report it straight from the "Unfortunately" dialog. Is there a report button?

bluetooth turning off while in use has been fixed for me but now the data turns off even though its active streaming pandora.

Can you send me the logcat filtered for LeanData when this happens? Also, can you try another streamer like TuneIn? It's possible that Pandora isn't constantly streaming data, in which case, over the 10s that LeanData checks internet usage, it wouldn't see much activity, and shut down the connections. Only way I can think of combating this is maybe putting in a check for other running services that you can choose to not have wifi/data disabled for. Other suggestions?

New update:

1.2.1 (May 12, 2014):
• Layout fixes
• Removed status bar notification. Persistent drawer notification still required for KitKat (thanks for the suggestion Phillip!)

Send me a logcat to teqtic@gmail.com please. I think you can also report the bug straight from the error.

This is all I get after I click on app icon

p_007.jpg

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
I wasn't comfortable with the app killing connections even if they were being used, so uninstalled. Now the phone cannot use my wifi and gives a notification to connect and it will open my browser if I click on it. WTF? Use this at your own risk. Something has been messed with that shouldn't have been. Now I can only use mobile data....

Sent from my W200 using Tapatalk

I wasn't comfortable with the app killing connections even if they were being used, so uninstalled. Now the phone cannot use my wifi and gives a notification to connect and it will open my browser if I click on it. WTF? Use this at your own risk. Something has been messed with that shouldn't have been. Now I can only use mobile data....

Sent from my W200 using Tapatalk

Always backup your phone regularly before installing a set of apps. It's easier to go back to a working version and you can give the devs good info useful in improving these apps-that's the essence of XDA-Developers...again-developers. Because believe it true there are those who find these apps useful. Suffice to mention it didn't work for you, that happens. No need to holler "use at your own risk" - I find that in bad taste and it doesn't help anybody nor the spirit of xda-developers. Peace bro.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing LeanDroid:

LeanDroid is a lightweight and incredibly powerful battery saver. It automatically manages the power-hungry radios on your device while the screen is off to significantly lengthen battery life.

Get the most out of your device with the most advanced and efficient battery saver! The no-frills battery saver that actually works!

Features:
    -Automatically disables Wi-Fi
    -Automatically disables cellular data (root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables cellular radio (root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables Bluetooth
    -Automatically disables network location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables GPS location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically switches cellular network mode (Lollipop+ and with root)
    -Periodically restores connections for sync
    -Schedule when LD should be active with the time exception
    -Set exceptions for when certain apps are running
    -Set exceptions by Wi-Fi name
    -Set exceptions by Bluetooth device
    -Set exceptions by data transfer speed
    -Many more options
    -No ads

It can disable WiFi, Cellular Data (2G, 3G, LTE)*, Cellular radio*, Bluetooth, and Location* (networks and GPS) after a certain time with the screen off to conserve battery power and lower data usage. Connections are restored when the screen is turned back on or unlocked, as well as periodically, to allow for notifications to come in. LD will only re-enable connections that it disabled, not all of the selected connections. There are many additional options to set to your preference.

If you have an issue, please email teqtic@gmail.com, or use the contact menu option from the app before leaving a negative review!

Some options explained:
    Disable Wi-Fi/Data/Network mode except if active - Connections are only disabled if there is negligible data transfer while the screen is off. Some music services don't "stream" but instead download entire songs at once, and they might do this while the screen is still on. Please set the disable time interval to at least the length of your average song so LD can catch data activity while the screen is off or use the except if "Except if apps running" option.

Disable Wi-Fi except if browser has web login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable Wi-Fi except if requires browser login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable except if apps running - No connections are disabled if one of the selected apps is found to be running in the foreground or has foreground services. There is a sub-option to also detect background services of the apps.

Restore Data after waiting xx seconds for Wi-Fi to connect - Wait for WiFi to connect before re-enabling cellular data. This prevents data from re-connecting for just a couple of seconds.

Tasker intents
    com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_START_SERVICE
    com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_STOP_SERVICE

* Note:
    -Not all options are available on all devices.
    -If you are on Android 4.4.1 - 4.4.2, a persistent notification is required due to a bug in KitKat where services cannot restart themselves once killed by the system. If you would like to hide the notification, find LeanDroid in Settings -> Apps, and un-check "show notifications".

Follow us on twitter: @teqTic

To join the Beta tester group:
    1) Opt-in here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.teqtic.leandata
    2) You will then receive the beta updates directly through the Play store.
    Please keep in mind these beta versions will often have bugs!

Download:
    I just published an update to the beta channels and now available on Play and XDA Labs. Test it out please!

3.2.0 - beta 1
    -Fixed network mode not switching back to original on some devices
    -Updated look
    -Added "About" dialog
    -Added menu options to Exceptions page
    New beta uploaded:

2.3.0b
    -Added ability to disable cellular radio (airplane mode) on KitKat ONLY, requires root!
    -Fix for disable alarm not being set when only GPS needs to be disabled
    -Added Malay translation
    A little teaser of 3.0.0.

796663e98c8e614c8f7991602374c6aa.jpg
    2.8.0 is out:

-Added option to disable network location
    -Fixed widget becoming unresponsive
    -Expanded clickable button area on widget and notification
    -Fixed time disabled in notification not always updating
    -Fixed activity not updating after toggling from widget or notification in some cases
    -Minor layout fixes
    -Updated French translations