[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightly Builds for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

Arson Smith

Jan 27, 2012
bbelos -

You have no issues with any of the nightlies with the reboots at all? All you have to do is pull down the notification menu up top. If it doesn't happen at first, do something else, like open a browser or pandora or something, then try pulling it down again. That is all that it takes to go bi-polar. Weird....
If it helps anyone, I think it tends to happen to me the most specifically when I come out of either Facebook or Shazam apps and then try to swipe the notification menu down right away...

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago

mbellot

Jul 22, 2010
Good news. They have supposedly found the fix for the system restarts. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/64114/

Look for this in the next nightly and see how it goes. :)

FWIW - I've been running your 0514 UNOFFICIAL for over 51 hours straight without hiccup or reboot.

It also "feels" quicker than any CM11 build I've run for the last month or two.

I'll try the nightly, but I will definitely be keeping a backup of what I'm running right now because it's been very stable and snappy.

Elixis

Sep 20, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
Are any of you experiencing issues with getting the Google Sound Search widget to cooperate? When I go into the widget menu to drag it on screen, it is not even listed, however it is installed on the phone. If I try to uninstall it through a file manager, it errors out and it is listed in the app store as installed, but there is no uninstall feature. Seems like a catch 22. Any solutions?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Thanks for pointing that out bbelos! I am glad that they have finally possibly killed that bug. That was heavily annoying. Will report back :)

octantcomp

Jun 22, 2010
Bekasi
0517 is great.. Just a little lag but no respring or restart when pulling down notification many times during restoring app with titanium backup.
BBM could sound any notification. Autostarts app still cannot detect any app but i guess i dont need to use it again. Playing game (hayday) a little lag. Overall its :good::good::good:
Btw Maybe OOT, but could someone share what call recording app that will work with this ROM? Thank you..

Reactions: bbelos

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Lol I'm back to this phone after I cracked the screen on my GS3. I went through like 10 cases for that thing and of course the one I pick ends up being the least secure. Time to dust off the trusty ol' reliable Epic.

Flashed the latest nightly and this thing is back up and running solid. You guys using ART or Dalvik? One thing that sucks is my battery is completely dead so looks like I'll have to pick up another one.

Last edited:

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
You're lucky you chose the 5/17 nightly to come back to! This thing is running solid again finally. We've had a nasty restart bug since 04/04 lol

Thank you bbelos & CM team
Tell me about it. Plus, bbelos is awesome and still supporting this device which is crazy! At least I'll be able to really test it for him now. Agree, 5/17 is running nice for me. Phone in general is so much laggier than my S3 though, which is obvious due to hardware that is about 4 years old at this point. Still, the fact that it's running the latest OS stable with virtually no major hiccups is pretty awesome. I had to get accustomed to the flashing process on this guy again but I simply repartitioned the phone with the FC09 tar in Odin to put it back to 100% stock, updated PRL, flashed DRockstar's CWM recovery in Odin, and flashed the nightly and let the update script do it's magic with partition resizing / updating CWM.

The upgrade from my S3 is only 1-2 months away anyway so at least it held up for close to the 2 year period. I've dropped my OG Epic hundreds of times though and nothing happened to it; they don't make em like they used to. The screen size is also perfect on the Epic, you can touch all four corners of the screen with one hand which is very practical (Apple's boasted this for years with the iPhone). My next phone will probably be the next Nexus, if Google decides to continue that line, as long as the screen size isn't excessively massive. If it is, well, I will try to replace the screen on my S3 myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbelos

Mr_You

Jul 17, 2013
Doesn't wimax go offline in a few months anyways?

Correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK:

Last I heard it's scheduled to be decommissioned in 2015. Some point after its decommissioned the WiMax spectrum will be redeployed for LTE. The new towers use Software Defined Radios so hopefully LTE-Advanced might also begin to be rolled out if it only requires a software update on the towers.

octantcomp

Jun 22, 2010
Bekasi
I need help.. In kakao talk when i try to sign in, it automatically detect United states +1 then my phone number. I change to Indonesia +62 but it say "Invalid Phone Number". How to fix this? I change in build.prop (operator numeric & alpha) but still the same result..
Thank you..

Update : so i use another phone GSM number and its working without problem.
Downloading 0523 now..
Just for information, not just Link2SD works with this ROM, Mount2sd works too (tried last night with 0522).

Running 0523, i guess everythings good except lag when playing games (tried hayday, table tennis).

Last edited:

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
This is no longer my actual phone, I upgraded to a note 2 a year
and a half ago, but I've sporadically kept it running on wifi as a
handy little android device. I was running nightlies on it and
occasionally updating it, but not on a regular basis. As it happens,
up until today, my most recent nightly was March 17.

Anyway, today I upgraded to the 5/25 nightly, and I am having an
odd problem. I can't update anything in the Play Store (and several
programs need to be updated because of changes in the Rom) via
my usual fine Wifi connection. I keep getting a message "no connection."

There's also an unfamiliar screen when I open the Play store, with my
email address on the top, and "settings" then "help" listed below it.

Not sure what to do here. Tried wiping data and cache in Google Play,
but that did not make any difference.

My wifi connection is fine, as my browser is still connecting, the problem
seems to be specifically with the play store.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

nathan951

Sep 5, 2010
This is no longer my actual phone, I upgraded to a note 2 a year
and a half ago, but I've sporadically kept it running on wifi as a
handy little android device. I was running nightlies on it and
occasionally updating it, but not on a regular basis. As it happens,
up until today, my most recent nightly was March 17.

Anyway, today I upgraded to the 5/25 nightly, and I am having an
odd problem. I can't update anything in the Play Store (and several
programs need to be updated because of changes in the Rom) via
my usual fine Wifi connection. I keep getting a message "no connection."

There's also an unfamiliar screen when I open the Play store, with my
email address on the top, and "settings" then "help" listed below it.

Not sure what to do here. Tried wiping data and cache in Google Play,
but that did not make any difference.

My wifi connection is fine, as my browser is still connecting, the problem
seems to be specifically with the play store.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Is your phones date/time correct??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
I just did a fresh install on one of my phones and installed the 5/22 gapps. No problem here.

I know if time is wrong it won't connect to play because of SSL

Hmmm, I didn't realize they revised the gapps as recently as 5/22.
Maybe that is the problem. As I said, the time is right. I will look
for the 5/22 Gapps and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
I just did a fresh install on one of my phones and installed the 5/22 gapps. No problem here.

I know if time is wrong it won't connect to play because of SSL

Hmmm, I didn't realize they revised the gapps as recently as 5/22.
Maybe that is the problem. As I said, the time is right. I will look
for the 5/22 Gapps and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

Are we talking about the PA (Paranoid Android) Gapps or just regular Gapps? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a build of CM11.0 for the Samsung Epic 4G. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Please submit a patch to our Gerrit instance if you want to help out.

WARNING: If you are any build prior to the 11/12 CM11.0 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock. If updating from a build prior to 11/12, it is recommended to format /system, /data, and /cache AFTER making your backup.

Recommended steps before you install:
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    5. It is recommended that you wipe data before installing CM11.0 for the first time.

Additional Disclaimer:
    Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial CM11.0 build, or a modified/patched Official CM11.0 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them.

Nightly Builds
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=epicmtd

Known Issues:

- 3g data basically works - Although it has the wifi/mobile data toggle bug again. Disable mobile data before turning on wifi for best results. Fixed 12/04

- Stock browser (and anything else using webviews) - Big black boxes. Use another browser temporarily until fixed. Fixed 11/17

- Wimax temporarily disabled

- Current bluetooth behavior untested for improvement.

- Wired headset mic & buttons. (Yeah, Yeah, someday...)

- Probably more.

Previous preview Builds
    cm-11-20140101-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131226-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131210-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131205-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131112-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    Potentially Unstable Build - 12/04
    Alot more features have been added back in, but I've been experiencing some weirdness especially after a reboot. Certain issues seem to be tied to certain gapps packages. I have not determined the best one to use, but I post this build for those of you who want something more current.

Features (including but not limited to the following, some of which may have already existed in previous builds):
    *** I think I have taken even more space from /data to give to /system. Make your backups before flashing ***
    - Working data (data toggle shuffle no longer necessary)
    - Quick access ribbon
    - Quick access panel (with Torch enabled)
    - Circle battery
    - Lockscreen shortcuts
    - Vibrator intensity and capacitive button backlight control

cm-11-20131204-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip

EDIT:
    Stable version
    This version uses the boot.img from the 11/17 build (thanks to didhiy for experimenting), therefore it has the same partition layout as the 11/17 build. Should be safe to flash over the 11/17 build, but backups are still always recommended.

cm-11-20131204-UNOFFICIAL-fixed-epicmtd.zip
    1. Contact list export limit patches were merged the other day.
    2. Wimax updates have been merged and is re-enabled for future official builds.
    3. Vim was removed when I switched over to the mini builds a few weeks ago. If anyone has been missing it, it has been re-added.
    4. M12 builds come next week (usually friday). L source comes soon and we'll see if the epic can manage another update. No promises.
    12/10/2013
    - All kernel & device patches included in the latest build have been merged or uploaded to gerrit (to possibly be merged later).
    - Additional patches necessary for the build include the following:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55500/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55109/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55110/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55111/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55512/ (12/11/13) Merged.

- Recommended gapps: http://d-h.st/eWW (12/09).
    Um... maybe?

uploadfromtaptalk1392742029361.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app