[ROM][5.1.1][LMY48U][BETA] Official SlimLP- Mako

Search This thread

dorqus

Sep 2, 2010
NY
Doesn't matter. OTAs for 4.5 could drop right now to a hundred thousand phones and it still wouldn't matter. What matters is source. When the AOSP source is updated to 4.4.3, then something can be done about it.

Sent from my Slim Nexus 5 with smoothness by Faux.

I know, and I'm not sure how T-Mobile will release 4.4.3 without posting the source...

pkelly517

Dec 28, 2011
Can see Houston from here
Google Pixel 6
Android 4.4.3 due to come out today (6.2.2014) - so says T-Mobile
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5034

So says Google

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#occamktu84l

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I know, and I'm not sure how T-Mobile will release 4.4.3 without posting the source...

T-mobile isn't releasing 4.4.3. They only announced that it would happen today. Factory images and binaries are out. Source by Friday?

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
Have since moved over to galaxy note 3, and boy do I miss the epic recent style on this rom. How can I get this to use on a different phone, is it a hack or xposed module please?

pkelly517

Dec 28, 2011
Can see Houston from here
Google Pixel 6

fischwrap

Jun 17, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Two questions for the slim team:

Are there plans to include gesture unlock in security features?

Is it possible to allow notification ring tones through headphones but not through the back speaker when hps are plugged in?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr_JMM

simarilon

Mar 11, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro

TheMegosh

Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Hey slim team quick question...

Since updating last night to the latest weekly, every message I've sent in hangouts doesn't cause the screen to jump to the bottom of the messages. Basically meaning I have to scroll down to see the message I just sent. First thought is that it could be related to updates with trds.

I'm gonna do a complete clean install momentarily, and will let you know if the problem persists.

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A2
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi Slimteam. Just wanted to ask whether the 'power widget' feature in the notification tray of SlimBean would make a come back in SlimKat soon? I know this question has been asked number of times in this thread and some team members have mentioned that it might come back but haven't seen it so far. So just asking again. Actually, it seems much more handy to have them above notifications rather than to swipe to quicksetting tiles. Also, the third party apps are not as perfect as your team's implementation of the power widget. Since that too is an optional feature, I don't think it will cause inconvenience to large number of users who prefer only quicksetting tiles.

snapdesign

Mar 8, 2012
Bucharest
Google Pixel 7
Hey guys....i`m on latest weekly and i experience a strange behaviour...sometimes my screen refuses to auto-sleep. I checked BBS but nothing unusual...a reboot fixes it but i want to know if it`s only me...clean install by the way and it`s not the first release that i get this....thanks!

bart.found

Feb 20, 2014
Scicli
hi! Here in Europe the "Google's Caller ID" doesn't work, it says "we currently accept only US numbers ".. How can I manage to fix this? Will it work in next builds?

Thanks! ;)

Reactions: puldag

Voltaine

Mar 17, 2013
Will slims current gapps package work on a 4.4.3 based rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Dialer
      • A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. - We've got you covered.
    • Privacy guard
      • Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. - Privacy is part of the experience.
    • SlimRecents
      • Clean uncluttered. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • SlimPie
      • Excellent way to navigate or launch applications, . - Old favorite is back.
    • Custom Shortcuts
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - Customize it the way you like it.

Kernel Source
    Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Download link

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat on Mako, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    prbassplayer
    Source Code: http://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22
    Current Beta Version: Build 5.8

Created 2014-05-15
    Last Updated 2015-10-27
    guys......last time I will give an official statement on this:

quicksettings customiiation will come....we are currently recoding it completly from scratch. Like most of navbar and navring or the new power menu which is a unique thing

SlimPIE of course will come back.....but as well major parts will be recoded......the reason is due of changes in 4.4

Recents qustomizations are on hold for now due that we are working on a complete new recents screen....not like dumb google is doing it to open a complete new screen....more that it swipes in from the right 40% into the screen and you can really fast multitask....this will get of course as well a clear all button

TRDS same....we will push a TRDS 3.0 which has some new nifty stuff

currently we are working on the important things like lockscreen......which will be next and nearly finished...beside all the other device bring ups we need as well to do

so you see no worries....all will come but give us a bit time.....when I am not wrong 4.4 is now 3 weeks out....and as far as I can see we have already the most features most stable and as well new stuff in which was not there on 4.3

aaaand last point......we do not just pick the old stuff merge in and then it is good to go....we have a vision for 4.4....and I think some already have seen it in which direction it goes....stable decent and nice features....at least we try to get this....if we are sucessfull you guys will tell us then :D

so we go ahead but we are not magicans :p

BTW I am already on newest google souce :p
    so guys again a new build is up.....last 4 days added over 6000 lines new code.....2000 lines from that I coded from scratch...a bit burned out so this is mainly a fixing release.....changes

- fix superuser issues + security fixes
    - fix broken play sound on charge option
    - fix white slider issues on whit colored apps
    - fix battery percent was a bit to high on qs
    - some code improvements
    - added delete option when takin screenshot
    - again corrected some parts where google missed to theme KitKat to the end
    - and a lot minor stuff

when I do not see it wrong we are bug free right now :)

thanks and have fun

kufi
    Sorry, but if Slim (or any other rich rom ) isn't about features and mainly customization, what is? Maybe stupid option for you (or google), but for others loved detail to speed up the workflow. In fact same story can go to button 'erase recents'. Just saying..

sent with tapatalk

I'll try again. Google has a vision for android. AOSP ROMs tend to respect that vision where possible while adding features and devices that aren't officially supported on Android version X.

The problem with features like this are...
    A) Google's reason for removing the indicators was linked and explained. It's a performance hindrance...that gives no benefit to the user other than explaining "Yes, you're in the browser and loading a webpage. Congratulations, have some arrows." I simply don't understand the obsession? It's still in the indicators in your quick tiles where you can confirm all day, if you'd like, "yes, this webpage didn't materialize magically! Once again, the laws of all that is techy in the world remain unbroken!"
    B) They're not coming officially. Ever. The same can be argued for many of our features...but these features weren't explicitly removed by Google only to be re-added with every Android release because a handful of users can't get it out of their heads that they need such useless things. The same goes for clear-all recents. I've explained this numerous times...but I've been on multiple ROM teams...inside others...and generally...Hey. I know what I'm talking about when I decide to open my mouth. It isn't just "lul carbon haz it they say it'z good lul" coming from me. But the conversations go "should we include kill-all recents again?" "Why? Useless and performance inhibiting." "I don't want to hear the cries about it anymore!!!" Etc. It's there because people won't stop crying about it...and because people don't understand how the system works. If you want features that do nothing but HURT YOUR PERFORMANCE for ZERO reason...we've been deciding lately...no. Not happening. Deal with the fallout now rather than the next Android version. Slim is about features that impact you. Impact your usage. Make your phone into an awesome tool...while keeping it all professional and clean. So I'll repeat it for the 5,000th time...needless features won't. Be. Added. They're not there for a reason. It would take literally 5 minutes to port both clear-all recents and statusbar indicators over...it isn't that we can't or don't have time...or like hearing how upset the few of you are...It's because it's needless bloat that makes YOUR EXPERIENCE WORSE. You can "boo hoo poor me" all you want, but if you take an HOUR. Seriously. Take an hour. Install a linux distro...find one of many guides...and once you've booted up...You'll see a little app called "Terminal." Open it. Copy the lines directly from the tutorial. You'll sync source while you go out to dinner...come back to a buildbox. Type ". build/envsetup.sh && lunch __________ [device} && make bacon" and some time later you'll have a build. Fancy that. Want your precious features? Port them. Find them on some other gerrit...and copy the cherry pick line. Paste it. DONE. Maybe some errors due to differences in the host ROM's commit to our files. Easily fixed by looking at it...doesn't take any java knowledge. ". build/envsetup.sh && lunch __________ [device} && make bacon" again and you now have those features. Congratulations. You weren't spoon-fed and your complaints can now be remedied.

Once again...this website isn't a "make my phone cool" portal as much as it is a developer portal.
    We love sharing our work. We love making users happy. We love getting competent bug reports.
    We love fixing your issues. But when you KNOW your issues aren't going to be fixed...
    It's your time to step up to the plate and figure them out.