AOSP Browser for 4.4.2 Kit Kat No Root is required
READ ME FIRST
First let me say, I have searched around and did not seem to find a working AOSP browser for Android Kit Kat, luckily someone posted some apks from One Plus One. So please read:
- Credits go to blackhand1001 who started the original thread, but then his files no longer work for most of us i believe.
- Credits go to the CM team for the One Plus One/files and M4rt1n94 for uploading the browser apk in his original thread.
- FLASH PLAYER DOES NOT WORK, i have tried the files provided by adobe from here. If someone can some how tweak the latest Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (18.104.22.168) to collaborate with the browser then that would be great.
- BOOK MARKS SYNC from @blackhand1001 DOES NOT WORK either. I hope someone or him can provide a working one, please
- I have tested this on Stock Sony Xperia Z 4.4.2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet 4.4.2. It may or may not work for you, but it should work for all Kit Kats. Wish you best of luck. I do not know does it work for FW below Kit Kat, you tell me, if it does not work then try the original files from blackhand1001.
Same method provided by blackhand1001
from his original thread.
- Download the "signedbrowser.apk" file that I have modified from below and place it in your phone's internal or external storage.
- Go to general settings / security / check unknown sources
- Use es file manager or root explorer (the non root version) from the play store and navigate to system / apps / and install Browser ProviderProxy.apk NOTE: it will state installation failed (that is normal)
- Reboot your device manually
- Navigate to the downloaded file you have done in step 1 and install the "signedbrowser.apk"
- Uncheck unknown sources from your settings / security
Please hit the thanks button below and all the people I have mentioned up there.