[KERNEL][T] DooMKernel {JB}(v12)[20140604]

Search This thread

oddeceed

Feb 9, 2012
been running since yesterday 192 - 1890 frequency, intelidemand -100mv across all frequencies hotplug enabled and possibly a couple of other tweaks ...... running smooth as :) battery is good probably longest its lasted in a long time and it is mainly kernel related only thing in rom i have done to improve battery is disable fast dormancy

would love a kernel like this for omni / cm with everything you can tweak in comparison to stock / omni kernel .... IMHO if omni kernel was this good i would stay on onmi

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
been running since yesterday 192 - 18900 frequency, intelidemand -100mv across all frequencies hotplug enabled and possibly a couple of other tweaks ...... running smooth as :) battery is good probably longest its lasted in a long time and it is mainly kernel related only thing in rom i have done to improve battery is disable fast dormancy

would love a kernel like this for omni / cm with everything you can tweak in comparison to stock / omni kernel .... IMHO if omni kernel was this good i would stay on onmi

Great that you are enjoying the kernel!

I don't build kernels for non-stock roms as it creates more issues that being good...

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Free mobile app

DS-1

May 15, 2013
www.facebook.com
I will try your new amazing kernel tomorrow.

Now I'm back to stock ROM (Ultimate 4.3) from a week and I have an idea of how long is battery life and how fast is the phone.

Next week: it's time to use DooMKernel...

oddeceed

Feb 9, 2012
Great that you are enjoying the kernel!

I don't build kernels for non-stock roms as it creates more issues that being good...

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Free mobile app

im loving it, it amazes me how much difference a good kernel can make to a rom

i remember reading a little while ago you saying you dont build kernels for non-stock roms .... its a shame but i sort of understand why .... i mean you do support a lot of devices after all

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
im loving it, it amazes me how much difference a good kernel can make to a rom

i remember reading a little while ago you saying you dont build kernels for non-stock roms .... its a shame but i sort of understand why .... i mean you do support a lot of devices after all

Its not actually a problem of the number of devices supported... It's got to do more with the fact that ROMs like CM/AOSP/AOKP/Omni are all work in progress... If you mix a work-in-progress kernel (like this one) with that rom it will be tough to figure out where the stability issues arrise from... That's why I prefer supporting stock/stock based roms as we know that the Base is common...

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

DS-1

May 15, 2013
www.facebook.com
Even if I think that an AOSP based ROM with your kernel would be the best... ;)

Its not actually a problem of the number of devices supported... It's got to do more with the fact that ROMs like CM/AOSP/AOKP/Omni are all work in progress... If you mix a work-in-progress kernel (like this one) with that rom it will be tough to figure out where the stability issues arrise from... That's why I prefer supporting stock/stock based roms as we know that the Base is common...

Truck'n Hemi

Oct 28, 2013
I don't have a Xperia T but form what I've read you got a realy good kernel. The only thing that's missing in my opinion is the GPU govenor that you already has on the todo list. You're always in the latest version of Android wich is top notch to get the most of the device. Congrats!

If I got one Xperia T I'll be sure to test your kernel.

Reactions: DS-1

DS-1

May 15, 2013
www.facebook.com
I know it's not a main feature, but swype2wake would be a lovely option!

I don't have a Xperia T but form what I've read you got a realy good kernel. The only thing that's missing in my
opinion is the GPU govenor that you already has on the todo list. You're always in the latest version of Android wich is top notch to get the most of the device. Congrats!

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I don't have a Xperia T but form what I've read you got a realy good kernel. The only thing that's missing in my opinion is the GPU govenor that you already has on the todo list. You're always in the latest version of Android wich is top notch to get the most of the device. Congrats!

Its planned but the kernel sources are incompatibile with the patches I have...

I know it's not a main feature, but swype2wake would be a lovely option!

Testing few things...

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
Is RAM management tweaked or just changed or something? There is pretty big difference between v11 and this v12... I mean, v11 was faster and better if we talk about multitasking... I can't get more than 350MB free RAM, it usually is around 200MB. And I have some problems with playing Modern Combat 4, it's not really fluent, lags a bit... but everything else is ok, the phone is not overheating and nothing like that, runs stable and the battery life is pretty nice in my case (after almost 20 months of usage and almost every-day charging, my battery is 1489 mAh now and it's still dying :D).
Good job!

My phone is T. Xperia T.

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Is RAM management tweaked or just changed or something? There is pretty big difference between v11 and this v12... I mean, v11 was faster and better if we talk about multitasking... I can't get more than 350MB free RAM, it usually is around 200MB. And I have some problems with playing Modern Combat 4, it's not really fluent, lags a bit... but everything else is ok, the phone is not overheating and nothing like that, runs stable and the battery life is pretty nice in my case (after almost 20 months of usage and almost every-day charging, my battery is 1489 mAh now and it's still dying :D).
Good job!

My phone is T. Xperia T.

I haven't changed anything related to memory management... Intelli plug bring better CPU hotplugging

DS-1

May 15, 2013
www.facebook.com
@DooMLoRD: a little bit of off topic. I hope you'll not kill me, but no one knows how to fix this problem, so I'll try to ask you!

4.3 stock ROM has a lot of problems with vocal messages in Facebook Messenger a few problems in Whatsapp, too. If you use an external app to record something from the microphone, the record is good. If you use Whatsapp, the record will have a sort of watery sound, while in Facebook Messenger it doesn't work at all and will freeze audio drivers, too (you can't take any record from any app if you don't reboot the phone first). Instead, with ANY AOSP based ROM, these problems don't exist.

Now, is it possible that 4.3 stock ROM has anything wrong in the kernel, or is it just a question of drivers? Do you think anything can be done to fix this problem?

Sorry again for the OT...:angel:

Reactions: nCuXo3a

Truck'n Hemi

Oct 28, 2013
Its planned but the kernel sources are incompatibile with the patches I have...

Testing few things...

I haven't checked the old versions of DooMKenel but have you ever enabled a GPU governor on a Xperia T before? Cause if you had I could use that version untill you figure the last one out.

From what I read the Adreno 225 is a under used GPU, it has room to go up to 533MHz pushing some competitors ass these days. At the MSM8260A SoC in the Xperia T the GPU is set 200MHz paring with the Tegra 3's. But at the MSM8960 used on Atrix HD and Xperia V it is set 400MHz transpassing the Adreno 305 of Moto G set 450MHz and Mali 400MP4 on Note II set 533MHz. Using it 533MHz it could get realy close to the Mali 450MP4 used at the MT6592M set 600MHz.

I'm talk of raw power here, but this power could be used to provide a better and longer experience on the Xperia T with the CPU overcolck already provided on your unique kernel. Since I'm in a low financial situation I decided to get an aged but good smart and bet on good kernels to get me through 2 years of use I put as minimum for a smart and your work could be the key to that.

Your kernel can be used with the official ROM provided by Sony, right? And you have a ROM with your DooMKernel built in it, right?

Thanks for the attention and replies

Reactions: ironwick

ironwick

Please keep posting your feedback about latest kernel release!

How is the RAM management now?

Is intelli_plug functionung well?

How is the battery drain?

While posting any feedback please mention all details of the kernel settings you are testing with...

If you have any good recommend settings which gave you good battery life, great performance or both please do share!!!

New feature requests along with link to patches are most welcome!!

Questions on kernel release/ETA WIL NOT BE ANSWERED!

Yesterday I was using whatsapp for half an hour and the phone started to warm up. Also it appeared a big lag. Normally it does not take that hot and slow, even when I tried to close the apps with the system task manager it was desperating. I flashed the kernel on Friday.

When "normal" use (not that intensive whatsapp conversation :silly:) its very smooth, and I noticed a better performance in multitasking.:good:

I hope this can be useful for your awesome work. :)

DS-1

May 15, 2013
www.facebook.com
I'm using v12 DoomKernel, with 1512-192 Mhz, Intellidemand/deadline and -100mV of undervolting.

Until now, the system is pretty stable. I've noticed that the system seems to be a little more "sleepy" than with the stock one. The battery duration seems to be in line with the stock kernel.

This is the first day with this kernel, so I'll post more impressions about it in the next days.

tuzmaster_v2

Jun 7, 2013
About CPU hotplug, what is Hysteresis Value? i mean i've googled it but the info was rare and it didnt help much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

----------------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]--------------------

DooMKernel v12 released!

----------------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]--------------------

DooMKernel for Xperia T!!!

[ intro ]

so friends i present to u the legendary DooMKernel!

firstly a BIG thank you to XDA for giving me the Xperia T to work on... i hope i am putting the device to good use ;)

use this kernel thread only for reporting bugs... please do not flood this development thread with non-development related questions...

please use the following thread to discuss the questions/queries you have regarding my kernel:
    [Q&A Thread][KERNEL][T] DooMKernel {JB}

[ screenshots ]

attachment.php

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

DO NOT CROSS FLASH! THIS IS MENT ONLY FOR Xperia T (LT30p)

this is not compatible with little kernel bootloader

[ features ]

• added and enabled intelli-plug v2.6 - intelli-plug is an alternative to MPDecision hotplug governor! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v12 onwards]

• added and enabled support for kernel mode NEON and more patches & crash fixes! [v12 onwards]

• added and enabled ZRAM driver - do lot of testing before "Setting on Boot" [v11 onwards]

• added and enabled Intelli-KSM (thanks to @faux123 ) [v11 onwards]

• added fixes to intelli-thermal driver [v11 onwards]

• enabled hard limits with Cpufreq limiter driver [v11 onwards]

• added new working CPU Voltage Control interface (VDD) ( thanks to @faux123 ) [v10 onwards]

• added and enabled new CPU frequency governor: [v10 onwards]
      • intelliactive
      • lionheart

• added msm_cpufreq_limiter "Snake Charmer" - now the cores are properly capped! ( thanks to @faux123 ) [v10 onwards]

• added optimized memory read/write drivers [v10 onwards]

• added and enabled new I/O Schedulers: [v10 onwards]
      • BFQ
      • FIOPS
      • ZEN
      • VR

• added auto hotplug driver to smartly throttle CPU hotplugging (with patches thanks to mathkid95, motley-git, morfic & franciscofranco) [v10 onwards]

• added support for LZ4 compression/decompression [v10 onwards]

• added optimized AES/SHA1 routines [v10 onwards]

• added intelli_thermal custom driver for thermal control! {here is how to use it} ( thanks to @faux123 ) [v10 onwards]

• added USB CDROM interface ( thanks to @FrozenCow ) [v10 onwards]

• added compiler optimizations (O3) [v10 onwards]

• compiled using GCC 4.7 toolchain [v10 onwards]

• updated kernel sources to 9.2.A.1.205 [v10 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 9.2.A.1.205 [v10 onwards]

• disabled in-kernel adb debugging (ro.debuggable=0) [v10 onwards]

• added and enabled RTC write support! - now date & time will be correct in any recovery [v09 onwards]

• kernel now compressed with XZ compression - smaller kernel footprint! [v09 onwards]

• multi-recovery solution! {here is how to use it!} [v09 onwards]
      • added PhilZ touch recovery as a THIRD select-able recovery :D (thanks to @Phil3759)
      • updated to CWM 6.0.4.6 - official touch CWM recovery :)
      • updated to latest TWRP 2.6.3.0

• updated kernel sources to 9.2.A.1.199 - full JB 4.3 support! [v09 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 9.2.A.1.199 [v09 onwards]

• shifted combined ramdisk to LZMA compression [v09 onwards]

• added intellidemand (v4.2) CPU frequency governor [v08 onwards]

• updated Sound Control to v3.0 [v08 onwards]

• updated Dynamic File Sync to v1.2 [v08 onwards]

• updated kernel sources to 9.1.A.1.145 [v08 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 9.1.A.1.145 [v08 onwards]

• added and enabled Dynamic File Sync [v07 onwards]

• added and enabled Overall Freq Stats [v07 onwards]

• added and enabled MSM CPU Freq Limiter [v07 onwards]

• force 500mA charging current on unknown chargers [v07 onwards]

• CPU governors:
      • Wheatley [v06 onwards]
      • Interactive [v01 onwards]

• I/O schedulers:
      • SIO [v06 onwards]

• kernel level Sound Control! { here is how to use it} [v04 onwards]

• added 192MHz lower cpu frequency bin [v03 onwards]

• added USB force FastCharge code - allow users to force USB charging at 1000mA [v03 onwards]
      (warning on FastCharge from Entropy512)

• faster reboot into recovery [v03 onwards]

• added CPU Voltage Control interface (VDD) { here is how to use it} [v02 onwards]

• removed CPU auto throttling restrictions by disabling MSM_DVSC [v02 onwards]

• smooth scaling along CPU frequency table [v02 onwards]

• CPU overclock upto 1890Mhz! [v01 onwards]

• kernel patch to restrict CPU bootup at 384Mhz to 1512Mhz [v01 onwards]

• disabled CIFS [v02 onwards]

• added dual recovery! standard CWM Recovery 6.0.3.2 + TWRP 2.4.3 {here is how to use it} [v02 onwards]

• updated to TWRP 2.5.0.0 [v05 onwards]

• added DooMKernel bootlogo [v01 onwards]

• startup script (init.d) support! {here is how to use it} [v02 onwards]

• ramdisk tweaks [v01 onwards]
      • kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0) [removed v08 onwards]
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw [removed v08 onwards]

[ credits for features ]

• FreeXperia Team (especially Jerpelea) - for too many things!
    • gokhanmoral - for help with WiFi modules and overclock code, smooth scaling, VDD interface
    • Dees_Troy - for TWRP 2.4.3
    • FranciscoFranco, motley-git, Chad Frobel - for the USB force FastCharge interface
    • faux123 - for the kernel level Sound Control GPL sources
    • Ezekeel - for the Wheatley CPU governor

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK!

[ requirements ]

• Xperia T [LT30p]
    • supported firmware:
      • stock JellyBean 4.3 FW
        • .205 - v10, v11, v12
        • .199 - v09
      • stock JellyBean 4.1.2 FW
        • .145 - v01 to v08
    • bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot
    • android app for overclocking like SetCPU (paid) or NoFrills CPU Control (free)
    • android app for CPU VDD control - Voltage control (free)
    • android app for USB FastCharge control - Kernel Tuner (free)
    • android app for kernel level Sound Control - FauxSound Audio/Sound Control (paid)

[ how to install my kernel ]

1. download the kernel package update.zip (it contains the updated wifi modules)
    2. save the package update.zip to sdcard (of phone)
    3. reboot phone and enter recovery
    4. flash the kernel package update.zip
    5. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

[ how to get back to stock kernel ]

I will post a clean stock kernel soon

FOR OVERCLOCKING
    1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur phone (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
    2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
    3. DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
    4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

[ tips / recommendations ]

1. before u report any battery drain issues please read this:
      [GUIDE] HOW-TO Properly Evaluate Battery Life and Provide Useful Reports

2. faux123 has posted very nice info regarding most features

[ my kernel sources ]

Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is released for all at GITHUB repo given below. BUT Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. A lot of my free time has gone into patching/testing this kernel/features integrated in this kernel. If you use my modified kernel source in parts or in its entirety, I kindly ask you mention its origins and to send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel hack further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source.

Thank you !

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_kernel_sony_msm8960

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

Goo.im Mirror

NEW:

v12 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v12
    [ MD5HASH: 4e77e594a515a4d3711acb63154aac66 ]

OLD:

v11 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v11
    [ MD5HASH: 022441c343f52f680c4e74c3cf15343a ]

v10 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v10
    [ MD5HASH: 74ddcd603ba1eab445c2944110fc68c3 ]

v09 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v09
    [ MD5HASH: f710df5ebbbc7dbddf9ed2f76940dcbd ]

v08 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v08
    [ MD5HASH: 1edca879c1d717280a1439f2ef9ae24d ]

v07 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v07
    [ MD5HASH: 22a491bd12478513b155b8e6f680cd9c ]

v06 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v06
    [ MD5HASH: 28ce0d3db218ec92e435a16174a9f84f ]

v05 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v05
    [ MD5HASH: d4c9d37e30b5f341ea5f93740bfac559 ]

v04 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v04
    [ MD5HASH: d4f8dacbb98c92e56561ab8a51b4d166 ]

v03 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v03
    [ MD5HASH: 116070b4dfe042b02d895ccff92b1975 ]

v02 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v02
    [ MD5HASH: 6b43ad8e6fb94ed93e8fdab0675ab9b2 ]

v01 (changelog)

[Xperia T] DooMKernel v01
    [ MD5HASH: dd8146222bdf30f9689c07ce14f8ba69 ]

Please do as much testing as possible and report back if you are running into any issues!

READ THIS POST AND THE THREAD CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTION!

icon8.gif

cheers!
    To Do List:

Merge all features from my Xperia S (LT26) kernel:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557452

detailed list:

• main kernel
      1. add VDD interface (DONE)
      2. remove CPU auto throttling restrictions (DONE)
      3. disable CIFS (DONE)
      4. add GPU O/C (SKIPPED)
      5. add GPU governor
      6. add CPU governors (DONE)
      7. AVS
      8. I/O schedulers (DONE)
      9. unlock 192MHz frequency (DONE)
      10. screen gamma control
      11. USB FastCharge (DONE)
      12. increase USB OTG voltage (?)
      13. slide2wake
      14. NTFS / exFAT support
      15. ZRAM
      16. cleancache, frontswap
      17. XZ other compression support
      18. msm_hsic_host wakelock fix (?)
      19. mpdecision (?)
    • ramdisk
      1. add dual recovery CWM + TWRP (DONE)
      2. add init.d support (DONE)
      3. add my own UC Tocuh CWM Recovery
      4. import customizable init.something.rc from /system/etc
    DooMKernel (v06) Released!

Changelog:

• updated kernel sources to 9.1.A.1.142 firmware sources

• added Wheatley CPU governor

• added Simple IO scheduler (SIO)

• updated CWM to 6.0.3.2

• fixed LED in recovery

Please do consider sending me donation if you like my work!

download links at first post!

Keep watching the TO-DO list for planned/work in progress features

icon8.gif

Cheers!
    DooMKernel (v01) Released!

DooMKernel (v01) Released!

Changelog:

• CPU governors enabled:
      • Interactive

• added standard CWM Recovery 6.0.2.7

• added DooMKernel bootlogo

• CPU overclock upto 1890Mhz!

• kernel patch to restrict CPU bootup at 384Mhz to 1512Mhz

• ramdisk tweaks
      • kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw
    DooMKernel (v09) Released!

so guys I am back after a VERY long break :p

attachment.php

Changelog:

• added and enabled RTC write support! - now date & time will be correct in any recovery

• kernel now compressed with XZ compression - smaller kernel footprint!

• multi-recovery solution! {here is how to use it!}
      • added PhilZ touch recovery as a THIRD select-able recovery :D (thanks to @Phil3759)
      • updated to CWM 6.0.4.6 - official touch CWM recovery :)
      • updated to latest TWRP 2.6.3.0

• updated kernel sources to 9.2.A.1.199 - full JB 4.3 support!

• updated stock ramdisk to 9.2.A.1.199

• shifted combined ramdisk to LZMA compression

because of some compatibility issues the CPU Voltage control has been removed in this version... i will correct code and add it back in next release!

Updated my Xperia Reboot app to supports multirecovery solution implemented in latest DooMKernel (Feb 1, 2014 onwards) on supported devices!

attachment.php

Please do consider donating if you like my work!

download links at first post!

icon8.gif

Cheers!