(TEST)Evita android 4.4 with sense 5.5/sense6 kernel

Search This thread

laidaxin

Dec 27, 2011
Meizhou,Guangdong
www.591fan.com
This is test only!

I build this kernel with HTC M4 4.4.2 WWE kernel source,but I don't have much time to build a ROM with this kernel.

I upload it for you to build a 4.4.2 with sense5.5/sense6 ROM and test it.

First download the boot.tar.gz and extract it,the zImage file is the kernel,you must to make it a boot.img with ramdisk.

Second download the modules.tar.gz,extarct it and push this file to /system/lib/modules.

boot.tar.gz
modules.tar.gz

The boot.img file is done

boot.img

Source will upload for you when it is ready.

I will do next job when I have time,if you want to see more,click here

Source you can see this link:
https://github.com/SunRain/kernel_evita

XDA:DevDB Information
Android 4.4 with sense 5.5/snese 6 , Kernel for the AT&T HTC One X

Contributors
laidaxin
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-06-08
Last Updated 2014-06-09

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
I will put together a Rom zip tomorrow. Great job though. This was so difficult for me to figure out.

By the way, if this ends up working, there's a bounty for you to collect :good:

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

EDIT: OP, boot.img link dead...whatever, downloaded OK....there's no ramdisk folder in boot.tar.gz

waiting on the boot.img link to be restored...ROM ready to roll though

Modules link dead

Last edited:

laidaxin

Dec 27, 2011
Meizhou,Guangdong
www.591fan.com
I will put together a Rom zip tomorrow. Great job though. This was so difficult for me to figure out.

EDIT: OP, boot.img link dead...whatever, downloaded OK....there's no ramdisk folder in boot.tar.gz

Modules link dead

yes,no ramdisk folder,modules and boot.img is OK now.

The boot.img has problems,it can boot with cm11 ROM and take logcat,but can't boot with sense6 rom and can't take logcat.

I'm trying to fix this.

EDIT:
ramdisk is came from evita 4.2.2 boot.img, or you can build it from AOSP source

Last edited:

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
I see. So it'll be a bit longer for this one to boot.

For anyone who was really expecting this to work, there is another talented dev who is also out there and has the kernel almost done. Wait a bit longer

laidaxin

Dec 27, 2011
Meizhou,Guangdong
www.591fan.com
I see. So it'll be a bit longer for this one to boot.

For anyone who was really expecting this to work, there is another talented dev who is also out there and has the kernel almost done. Wait a bit longer

Right.

It can took logcat from a CM11 ROM so this kernel and the moudles is build right.What we do next is to find out why it can not be boot from the sense 6 rom.

As you know I am a chinese,so I don't have much time to do this job,I have my family and my business.You can test and do next and let me help you when you boot the ROM or took a logcat.And I will try when I have time.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Right.

It can took logcat from a CM11 ROM so this kernel and the moudles is build right.What we do next is to find out why it can not be boot from the sense 6 rom.

As you know I am a chinese,so I don't have much time to do this job,I have my family and my business.You can test and do next and let me help you when you boot the ROM or took a logcat.And I will try when I have time.

no no it has nothing to do that you're Chinese. Good job so far. I'll take a look at it once I have time. It's just that if it doesn't boot, there might be another solution

jasonwojo75

Apr 2, 2011
Harrisburg
What are you using to flash. I think 4.4 requires the latest twrp. I forget what version it is.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Also take a look at the evo 4glte section they have a working 5.5 Rom. Not sure what they did to get working though.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
What are you using to flash. I think 4.4 requires the latest twrp. I forget what version it is.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Also take a look at the evo 4glte section they have a working 5.5 Rom. Not sure what they did to get working though.

i've been following that since its inception. unfortunately, we've had a lot of trouble with the kernel here. I have a new test build with a boot.img from my team (Magio).

Twrp 2.7.00 started supporting 4.4, and then the latest is 2.7.10

pirlano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is test only!

I build this kernel with HTC M4 4.4.2 WWE kernel source,but I don't have much time to build a ROM with this kernel.

I upload it for you to build a 4.4.2 with sense5.5/sense6 ROM and test it.

First download the boot.tar.gz and extract it,the zImage file is the kernel,you must to make it a boot.img with ramdisk.

Second download the modules.tar.gz,extarct it and push this file to /system/lib/modules.

boot.tar.gz
    modules.tar.gz

The boot.img file is done

boot.img

Source will upload for you when it is ready.

I will do next job when I have time,if you want to see more,click here

Source you can see this link:
    https://github.com/SunRain/kernel_evita

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android 4.4 with sense 5.5/snese 6 , Kernel for the AT&T HTC One X

Contributors
    laidaxin
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-06-08
    Last Updated 2014-06-09

Modules link dead
    They told me problem is the hboot version...

Hboot version? I'm building a test ROM right now. Should be ready in a bit