[ROM][PORT][KK] 6/17/14 Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.5

Search This thread

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
My findings with ART on the i777 have shown little change between the two runtimes, but that's just what I've observed. On the N5 it's a different story.

Another note is don't use Xposed with ART and expect it to work... it won't.

What he said. Times two. Just no discernible improvement, and you have to worry about apps not behaving sometimes.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

:fingers-crossed:

lol, i have the S4, the I777 is my old phone and my sister are using it. So i dont read I777 stuff anymore.

Im here just to be sure doing the right choise since i wont flash this a lot. I just need a functional rom cuz my syster only use whatssApp and FB.
But, since i'm a flasher, i want to give to my sister some good and badass rom.

Just giggin' ya dude.

I've come back to this ROM twice now, and it's the one that gives me the least amount of problems, and a great mix of options and performance. I think she will be happy with it.

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
:fingers-crossed:

lol, i have the S4, the I777 is my old phone and my sister are using it. So i dont read I777 stuff anymore.

Im here just to be sure doing the right choise since i wont flash this a lot. I just need a functional rom cuz my syster only use whatssApp and FB.
But, since i'm a flasher, i want to give to my sister some good and badass rom.

Ah! I see now. If you're upgrading from JB you need to install cwm 6.0.4.5 or twrp 2.7.0.0. Then just be sure you do all the wipes and format everything except SD card ( optional). After that it's just like always

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I don't suppose you have/had an MD5 hash?

Sorry dude. I was already snoring by the time you posted this

sergiozoum

Jun 10, 2014
idem

Just my opinion, but it sounds like you need to go back and re-do a clean app flash, even going as far as using Mr. Cook's ROM wipe script first. That's pretty much nuclear option, but it's the best way to insure there's no garbage hanging around to muck up your install.

hi sir

i finally leave the rom for official CyanogenMod 10.1.3 stable ROM. It looks great with good performance and nice battery life.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Just my opinion, but it sounds like you need to go back and re-do a clean app flash, even going as far as using Mr. Cook's ROM wipe script first. That's pretty much nuclear option, but it's the best way to insure there's no garbage hanging around to muck up your install.

Also , concerning my soft RAM Expander , i was able to run it on CyanogenMod 10.1.3 (Android 4.2.2) stable after substituting it's kernel with AJK v4.9 kernel that give me possibility to use sd-card as extended memory and create a large swap partition.

CyanogenMod has a 10.2 ROM (android 4.3)NIGHTLY version that is very powerfull with nice battery life +performance... but i haven't seen any compatible kernel that give tweak possibility like "swap"....

May be you have acknowledge about that and can advice me..

Thanks

walttheboss

I am about ready to make the move to 5.1.5. I am running the last 10.2 from CM and it is running well. I have CWM 6.0.4.6 so I think that allows me to upgrade easily to KitKat.

Will the front page of this thread get updated to show 5.1.5 or should I try the link above. Just want to make sure I am using the right link.

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
I am about ready to make the move to 5.1.5. I am running the last 10.2 from CM and it is running well. I have CWM 6.0.4.6 so I think that allows me to upgrade easily to KitKat.

Will the front page of this thread get updated to show 5.1.5 or should I try the link above. Just want to make sure I am using the right link.
I'll try and update the OP in the morning - work has decided to really put me to work these past weeks. Anyway, when I do update the DL link it'll be @razen_kain's port, so you might as well use his link above.

Last edited:

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
hi sir

i finally leave the rom for official CyanogenMod 10.1.3 stable ROM. It looks great with good performance and nice battery life.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Also , concerning my soft RAM Expander , i was able to run it on CyanogenMod 10.1.3 (Android 4.2.2) stable after substituting it's kernel with AJK v4.9 kernel that give me possibility to use sd-card as extended memory and create a large swap partition.

CyanogenMod has a 10.2 ROM (android 4.3)NIGHTLY version that is very powerfull with nice battery life +performance... but i haven't seen any compatible kernel that give tweak possibility like "swap"....

May be you have acknowledge about that and can advice me..

Thanks

AJK 4.9 aosp version

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

OP finally updated to 5.1.5, thanks again to @razen_kain for keeping RR updated in my absence!

Anytime buddy :thumbup::):beer:

Reactions: SteveMurphy

GervysNVnzla

Jul 5, 2014
Just perfect, but...

Hey there, greetings from Venezuela :)

I installed this rom in the afternoon and i have 0 regrets. Its veery smooth and it just feels right having KK on a galaxy s2. Thanks for the good work guys.

I just have one issue: when in lockscreen, there is this red dot next to the front camera that lights up randomly, i think its the proximity sensor. I checked all posible options that could make this happen but after all the checking it still lights up.

Could you guys list the options that turns up the proximity sensor? I wanna see if i missed one. Thanks

virajjjj

Jul 31, 2011
Ahmedabad
Hey there, greetings from Venezuela :)

I installed this rom in the afternoon and i have 0 regrets. Its veery smooth and it just feels right having KK on a galaxy s2. Thanks for the good work guys.

I just have one issue: when in lockscreen, there is this red dot next to the front camera that lights up randomly, i think its the proximity sensor. I checked all posible options that could make this happen but after all the checking it still lights up.

Could you guys list the options that turns up the proximity sensor? I wanna see if i missed one. Thanks

It is the smart capture feature in a camera listed in setting in left most corner

intelneo

Jul 22, 2006
Hardware menu key back light does not turn on

Everything went great. As far as I can tell everything is working. Only thing not working is the back light for the hardware keys (Four keys under the screen). The key works fine.
I did find the setting to turn it on and off. However, I was not able to get this to work. I have two SGH-S959G with identical configurations and both have the same issue.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else (I could not find it).

SGH-S959G

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
Everything went great. As far as I can tell everything is working. Only thing not working is the back light for the hardware keys (Four keys under the screen). The key works fine.
I did find the setting to turn it on and off. However, I was not able to get this to work. I have two SGH-S959G with identical configurations and both have the same issue.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else (I could not find it).

SGH-S959G

Install stweaks from the Play Store and it has the ability to fix those.

veritovdr

Mar 8, 2013
RR 5.15

Hi ! i love this rom i have I9100 im having some issues with lock screen , sometimes im using the phone and suddenly it lock itself, or sometimes freezes and after a while it block itself, some other times i have to reboot. I did a clean install with wipe cache, format system and davil, i use kernel stock
In trying a new lock go locker to see if that helps

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Hi ! i love this rom i have I9100 im having some issues with lock screen , sometimes im using the phone and suddenly it lock itself, or sometimes freezes and after a while it block itself, some other times i have to reboot. I did a clean install with wipe cache, format system and davil, i use kernel stock
In trying a new lock go locker to see if that helps
Never had this problem, were you on a stock rom before this one? If so reboot into recovery and wipe /preload. Barring all else do a clean wipe (everything) and start again, don't restore system data.

Edit: or maybe try the fix posted above.

veritovdr

Mar 8, 2013
Never had this problem, were you on a stock rom before this one? If so reboot into recovery and wipe /preload. Barring all else do a clean wipe (everything) and start again, don't restore system data.

Edit: or maybe try the fix posted above.

Thanks for the advice but I already format preload too before installing this rom, and wipe system ,cache, data and davilk , I even passed a kernel cleaner.

Luckily I had fix it will the zip that I posted above, in the RR facebook and google + posted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only a port, I did not develop this ROM; thanks to westcrip for permission to port his work, and thanks to RenderBroken for the kernel

Announcement from westcrip: "This is the final release of Resurrection Remix android kitkat series. I'll catch you guys on next android version A.K.A 4.5 or 5.0. See you soon.Thank you!"

design_elements_landingnew.png

...Original i9100 thread...

About Resurrection Remix ROM®

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA , Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.
    Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Included Main Features:

Halo
    Active display
    Lockscreen Notifications
    Application side bar
    Omniswitch
    Notification panel tweaks
    Tiles style
    Music Toggle
    Pitch Black UI Mode
    Camera mods
    ListView Animations
    Custom system animations
    Custom progress bar
    Screen recorder
    Hardware buttons and navbar options
    Status bar traffic monitor
    Battery bar options
    CRT animations
    SB Brightness slider
    Expanded desktop
    Profiles
    Performance controller
    Flip tiles
    Theme chooser
    Keyboard features
    Lockscreen see blur and reduce slider
    Show Wi-Fi name
    Headset action
    Low battery warning
    Lock clock widget
    Privacy guard
    Permission management
    Power sounds
    Share ROM
    Battery mods
    Changelog
    Lockscreen options and targets
    Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock
    AM/PM,date and colors
    New Wallpaper app
    Nova/Stock launcher included

AND MORE...

How to Install:

...For Fresh Install...
    BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
    Download Resurrection Remix ROM® v5.1.5 ported for the i777 thanks to razen_kain for the file
    Download Resurrection Remix® KK Gapps
    Format /system
    Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    Flash the Rom (Kernel included in the flash)
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Enjoy RR!

...Updating from previous Resurrection Remix ROM®...
    Download current version / gapps
    Boot into recovery and flash both files
    Reboot system and enjoy RR!

Announcement(s):

1) This is a straight up port, no added features or apps. It's as @westcrip built it.
    2) This port comes packaged with RenderBroken's TWRP 3/22 CM kernel - be warned, it WILL install TWRP as your new recovery. If you want a CWM recovery, you can flash that independently; just know that I haven't tested it with the CWM version (although it should be fine).
    3) If you encounter any problems please post in this thread, NOT the i9100 one. You will get no support over there because this is a port.
    4) I will update this whenever westcrip updates the i9100 version, and time allows me.
    5) Do not use the ROM updater under Resurrection Tools > RR Updates: it is NOT for the i777.
    UPDATED to 5.0.5. Thanks again to @westcrip and @RenderBroken.

This is a pretty big/cool update, one of the main features is the new Slim recents, which is a great new addition!

As a side note, does anyone have a preference in how these ports are delivered? I mean, do you prefer dev-host, Copy, or Mega?
    Updated to 5.0.7, thanks to @westcrip and @RenderBroken for their continued support!

Changelog updated; FYI, the new port will install Render's 3/22 TWRP kernel.
    is there a backlight setting in this rom?:confused:
    my buttons doesnt light up.

Go into stweaks download from play store bln tab and unchecked the force off box

Pretty big update from westcrip, as everyone waits for 4.4.3 (which is taking its time):

# Resurrection Remix KitKat 4.4.2 - v5.1.1 #

- Notification Peek (from Paranoid Android)
    - Active Display: Many updates and fixes from OmniROM (thanx to t4n017 @ XDA)
    - Updated the Torch app interface
    - Speeded up the overall UI
    - Fix recents showing up when waking the device with the home button
    - Allow configuration of the default screen-off animation style
    - Fix Airplane Mode on/off issue
    - Update mobile networks icon in Settings
    - Fix Total and available fields missing in Settings storage menu
    - AudioService: Fix absolute volume for AVRCP
    - Fix delay of Volume popup when tapping 'Volumes' in 'Settings>Sound'
    - Allow Power Notification Sounds For Wireless
    - Camera2: Update to use newer slow-shutter parameter
    - Camera2: Prevent autofocus when video snapshot is in progress
    - Camera2: Surface Qualcomm denoise option
    - Camera2: Disable ZSL for slow shutter shots
    - Contacts: QuickContact: onLongClick save item data to clipboard
    - SystemUI: add AOSP RU translation
    - i9082: fix low call volume bug
    - Add maintainer Xperia Arc - Anzu (by 3andala)
    - add maintainer Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Maguro (by nasty007)
    - add maintainer Xperia Z1 - Honami (by omarainea)
    - add maintainer Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 - GT-I9205 / GT-I9200 (by Silesh.Nair)
    - add maintainer Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - GT-I9195 / GT-I9190 (by Silesh.Nair)
    - Add new Sony xperia maintainers NEO-NEOV-Z1
    - hammerhead: Add hardware tunables support: display
    - hammerhead: Add hardware tunables support: vibrator
    - Torch: set default hasHighBrightness flag to false
    - torch: Don't show the about dialog on first launch
    - Hide search assistant arrow from lockscreen when custom lockscreen is enabled
    - Bluetooth: pause music player on A2dp service disconnect
    - Bluetooth: Add Total track number.
    - Base: Many other updates to Bluetooth
    - RR Tools French translations - translated by Pierre Delfosse
    - Included lot of sound and media updates
    - Included CyanogenMod source updates and fixes

I'll get to it someone tomorrow.