[ROM][v500][KK][4.4.4][LINARO/SABERMOD] CyanogenMod 11 [NIGHTLY BUILDS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cal

Dec 25, 2013
Sent a token of my appreciation of your work by paypal.

Regards! :)

Cal

hordarian

Aug 22, 2007
www.rogalian.com
It works for me.
Running the latest build.

By the way, stutter seems a bit less, i had it just once notabele.
But i'm running the aic kernel with governer interactive.

I cant remember stutters were in the original ROM.

I'm getting no stutters on M7 official CM11

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

And I've just flashed and tested the M7 Linaro/Sabermod build.

I didn't expect benchmark results to show improvements of 300%.

Passmark CM11 M7:
System 2858
CPU 5796
Disk 3814
Memory 2702
2D 2480
3D 1194

Passmark CM11 M7 Lin/Sab:
System 3609
CPU 12670
Disk 12735
Memory 3043
2D 2551
3D 1194

Excellent work.

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Pmsl, l just gave this a go, running infecteds SlimKat.
I saw some of my scores were Lower but then remembered that gpu governor is on ondemand and the cpu is underclocked at 1566 ?

System 4044
Cpu 10302
Disk 8505
Memory 3139
2D 2620
3D 1746

I'll try again later

Seems the 3D score was a fluke. I've been unable to replicate it since.
My scores are all around this now.

System 3736
Cpu 13753
Disk 12954
Memory 3143
2D 2708
3D 1211

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Cal

Dec 25, 2013
Just installed the new update and used a little different (for me) method of wiping and install.

I only wiped the caches and only flashed the Rom zip with no gapps. I know it's recommended to dirty flash with the Rom + gapps, but when you do, you have to go back and delete or freeze un-needed apps all over again, or was I doing something wrong?

Guess my main question is, what is the need, if you already have edited gapps installed, to add gapps again with the updated Rom on a dirty flash?

Thanks! :)

archer797

Oct 15, 2010
Bangalore
Just installed the new update and used a little different (for me) method of wiping and install.

I only wiped the caches and only flashed the Rom zip with no gapps. I know it's recommended to dirty flash with the Rom + gapps, but when you do, you have to go back and delete or freeze un-needed apps all over again, or was I doing something wrong?

Guess my main question is, what is the need, if you already have edited gapps installed, to add gapps again with the updated Rom on a dirty flash?

Thanks! :)

This is what I do - when a update is made available, I just download it, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and install the new update. I do not install Gapps with every update.

I have not had any issues whatsoever.

TheTeek

Aug 14, 2006
Gouda
Correction, I am, it just took about 24 hours to start happening. This is with infecteds build. Since it happens with official and this one I'll stick to this one for the moment.

Thanks for The update. Sorry tot hear it is also with this Build.
I'm on Mahdi and until yesterday while watching a World cup match via a stream from NOS.nl it freezed/stutterd once. So, it doesn't matter which ROM used. The governer does seem tot have some influence. Default on demand had The most problems. I think i will switch back to The cm11 from infected. I like this ROM the most.

Last edited:

ScullShot

Oct 28, 2010
After updating to android 4.4.2 from Lg pc Suite, the front camera stopped working. Do you think this update will fix the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v500/G Pad 8.3" CYANOGENMOD 11 LINARO/SABERMOD NIGHTLY BUILDS

DOWNLOAD
    (infected server)

(md5sum included with all builds)

CHANGELOG

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/v500/

kernel code compiled with linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 201406 toolchain
    rom code compiled with with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.4 201411 toolchain (self-compiled)

FEATURES

• -O3 optimizations
    • strict-aliasing rules
    • custom performance flags
    • +30 cherry-picks used
    • original google kk ui (holo)
    • graphite

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.7Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
    4x western digital wd3200aaks raid 10 array, samsung f1 1tb, seagate 2tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)
    (wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)

(Linux Mint 17 x64 "Qiana" 3.13.0-24)

Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from CyanogenMod Rom open-source code:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.7.x toolchain used to compile the kernel code & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.x toolchains to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

CyanogenMod Dev Team = for the code sources.
    Linaro Dev Team = for the arm-eabi toolchain
    @sparksco = official sabermod toolchain sources
    CxAw1Uv.png
    hhJtyei.png
    NkcPiQw.png
    caEcCfv.png
    LV3r9kI.png
    4BcIjA8.png

[/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
    v500/G Pad 8.3 Linaro/Sabermod CyanogeMod 11 Builds, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
    infected_
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest CWM Recovery or TWRP recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-02-25
    Last Updated 2014-07-28
    F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 11 for the v500/LG G Pad.
    ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:
    • Compiled using boosted-tc arm-eabi 4.7.4 14.03 (kernel code) & boosted-tc arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.3 14.03 (rom code) toolchain compilers
    • May contain some custom cherry-picks. Always see changelog for details.
    • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
    A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
    Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags
    -O1
    Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
    Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
    Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
    Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.
    Flashing Instructions

First time installing:

Flash CWM recovery or TWPR recovery.
    Option #1 = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588671
    Option #2 = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2641409
    Place build zip + gapps on internal/external memory
    reboot into recovery
    wipe /system /data /cache
    flash build + gapps
    wipe cache
    reboot
    you're done, enjoy!

Coming from previous build version:
    Flash build, flash gapps
    you're done, enjoy!

Small video with installation instructions (thanks to @Tomsgt)

infected server is back UP, and still AD-FREE ...

that being said..

nightly 20141106 is up.

regards.
    Android has been updated to 4.4.4

and ..

nightly 20140620 is up.

have a good weekend guys .. :)