White cat tool (all in one p769 tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

travioso

Dec 16, 2013
Not exactly. My "job" as an RC, Recognized Contributor, is to assist in what ever way possible. We RC's are responsible for all the device specific FAQs also. I currently maintain the FAQ for the LG Optimus One devices and variants. RCs answer questions, point people in the right direction, and occasionally remind other users of the rules here at XDA. So I have to act in a professional manner.

Understood.. there was a glimmer of hope there for a minute.. if it turns out to be nothing.. i vote to kill this thread or throw in the troll pile..

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
I say give them like a week tops, if nothing happens we'll know this was a fake.

Sad people do this and get so many hopes up, trolling should stick to online gaming, Xbox Live or PSN for example, not on forums like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ksjuggalo

maxolini

Jun 27, 2012
But the trolling i know was like flaming people out and bully like stuff

This is another type of trolling if it is trolling at all
this is intellectual trolling
again ... if the white cat all in one tool was vaporware

but i can be wrong, i vote for one more week
then the RC and or moderator can put this thread in the fridge

BTW i uploaded my boot image if it helps in any manner
link posted already ;)

Reactions: BioDesigner48

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
And come to think of it, not to scare anyone, what if this tool is real, but turns out to be like a virus for our computers? Like spyware or something like that ....

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
And come to think of it, not to scare anyone, what if this tool is real, but turns out to be like a virus for our computers? Like spyware or something like that ....

I was actually worried about giving out my email because of that. Or stuff like spam. Ugh....ask yourselves...if they really did have custom cm roms, why not share them with those that have already unlocked?

I don't want to seem negative...because maybe something else came up. I just feel that we shouldn't be left hanging. It doesn't take much to post "Guys, something came up. No ETA at the moment." You don't even have to give details. Jussayin.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ksjuggalo

Jan 3, 2009
I was thinking that if they already have it figured out and working, what are they waiting for?

This is a community of developers and geeks who have no problem trying software and hacks that may brick their devices.

I don't understand what the hell they have to gain from a "joke" like this. But I'm starting to seriously doubt the validity of this. I would think anyone that is in school for this type of work would have joined XDA long before now. I been here since 2008 with my HTC Touch Pro....and I have no clue how to do most of the magic our awesome devs do.

Sent from my LG Optimus L9 using Tapatalk

ISITBRICKED

Jul 4, 2013
You guys got rick rolled I am fairly certain. I didn't believe this thread for a second.

Sent from my unlocked LG P769 running AtonX unofficial CM11

Reactions: samijam

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
You guys got rick rolled I am fairly certain. I didn't believe this thread for a second.

Sent from my unlocked LG P769 running AtonX unofficial CM11

Today's Thursday and nothing. I'm beginning to believe the same thing. Especially since they didn't ship out the accessory....AND his "friends" never did create XDA accounts like he told us.

Like @ksjuggalo mentioned. You would think that someone that was into phones would have signed up way before enrolling in a Android development class.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

If this turns out to be a hoax, we need to be more careful with people that hijack threads.

maxolini

Jun 27, 2012
Well...
so i ended up with a phone that i cant unlock the BL
and cant install cyanogen mod.. or any other custom rom

:(

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
You really have to be some kind of douchenozzle to trick a bunch of people into false hope like this, if that is what has happened.

Shopping around for a new Galaxy S3 or S4. Hope in one hand while still looking with the other.

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
I would say that this may be more disappointing than villan.co.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

My brother called me naive when I told him about this tool. He was right about villan.co and I hate he may be right again. :(

Reactions: travioso

maxolini

Jun 27, 2012
So, the only thing that we need actually was how to unlock the BL
putting all the tools in to one interface and menu , sound great
but, we can do the procedure manually

so, hopefully some senior developer at XDA can crack the BL on the P769
otherwise we are hinging with a semi useless phone

btw, is there a list somewhere
that show the safe bloatware apps that we can remove safely without bricking the thing

Mine is already rooted, i want to install titanium backup to remove all the bloatware
but i have read somewhere that if you uninstall a key app for METRO pcs, you render the phone inoperable, so xtreme caution must be applied here

any advice ?

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
I have given up. Just picked up a new Samsung Galaxy S4.

It's been real, folks. I hope that this tool does wind up coming out eventually, or a higher version of CM mod is ported over for those of you suffering with a locked bootloader.

Ganbatte.

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
I gave up too, picked me up an Optimus L90, comes with 4.4.2 and already has a root method (towel root apk), and a tool that unlocks boatloader (haven't tested the tool tho)

Sent from my LG Optimus L90 using Tapatalk

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
I gave up too, picked me up an Optimus L90, comes with 4.4.2 and already has a root method (towel root apk), and a tool that unlocks boatloader (haven't tested the tool tho)

Sent from my LG Optimus L90 using Tapatalk

You're joking....it already has a tool? No flashing European kdzs? Or waiting 30 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I decided to start a thread for the tools we are developing. Once they are released i'm hoping a moderator can move this to the developing section. I will be making a email for questions and comments on this project in a bit and will post it once finished. You can also voice your opinion/comments here. To anyone that hasn't heard yet we are making a program that will unlock the bootloader, flash kdzs, add tweaks/mods, and flash roms/kernels. We should have a alpha version to our testers in the next few weeks and progress from there!! We will also be doing some giveaways and such along the way!! As a matter of fact, we are doing a contest to give away a 3-piece LG L9 black case starting today and ending Sunday at midnight!!!! It's a very nice case with a built in kickstand and belt clip holster!!!! We are going the old skool route for giving this away. So we have picked a number between 1 and 1500 whoever guesses the number or the closest wins!!! PM your guess!! Now how it will work if there is mulltiple people with the correct number is we will do a second number and the winner of the second guess wins. Good luck!!!
    BTW, this thread is kinda misleading as there really isn't a "white cat tool" available yet. You need to put WIP on the thread title....jussayin. ;)

Yes, you are probably right. It is however in General not android development so that should be a hint. They do exist however so no need to change it now! lol Monday we are finishing up making it a .exe (originally planned a .bat but Mitch insisted on it being a .exe). We will be uploading it to a server for our testers to download! Then we will see how that goes and go from there! We also ask that our testers stick with us to complete this project. Please don't unlock your bootloader with the alpha release and think thats all I needed and leave us hanging. Keep in mind the only reason you have the program so early is for testing! All the people that PM'd about testing keep an eye on your inbox Monday evening, you will be getting a link along with directions of what all we need you to do! Thanks everyone!
    Members seem a bit of trolling done by this OP, no more. Thread Closed and Judgment Passed on OP.
    LOL....or like.....

This is just my humble opinion, especially since I am a Windows software developer.

Y'all are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I understand the desire to help, which is greatly appreciated. Why reinvent the wheel tho??? We already have tools for flashing KDZs. We have a quite good recovery now, based on Philz-Touch, that works with both locked and unlocked bootloaders.

I know what's involved in writing software for Windows. Granted I'm old school and prefer to do things the hard way, go figure... but I still know none the less. The main issue of interest here, is simply unlocking the bootloader.

My two cents...