[DISCUSSION] Xposed framework on stock vs Custom ROM for Moto G

Search This thread

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
Stock - better battery, less bugs, more bloat.
Custom - More features, less battery, bugs, next to zero bloat.

Pr3no

Aug 25, 2012

There's barely bloatware on stock, and you can simply disable that few bloat that's still there.

Custom - More features

Barely. There are tons of Xposed modules, you can virtually do everything that you could with a custom ROM, except for a few exceptions.
The only feature I can think of right now that I'd actually use and can't achieve the same thing with an Xposed module is PA's Hover. Obviously there must be more custom rom exclusive features, but I think most of us can find everything in an Xposed module.

With that said, I think you're better off with stock + Xposed, unless you can find a custom rom with a feature that's a must for you and you can't find a similar module.

Reactions: thuybang

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
The only bloatware I can think of on the Moto G are Assist and Care. Not much of a burden, IMHO.

zyberkiddy

Apr 3, 2012
Xposed makes rom slower than a custom rom with same features . Also tweakes in Custom ROM is said to increase battery backup. Gravity Box is a heavy module which takes considerable CPU.

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013

I can say from experience that battery consumption on custom roms are a bit lighter then stock with xposed modules running. Let's say I've got a 10,6%/h consumption (just now, 1h screentime doing my standard stuff) while on stock with xposed I had 11,8 to 12,4%/h.

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Yes. And battery life is better than stock if you use stock cm kernel. It is also way faster than stock with hardly any bugs.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
There's barely bloatware on stock, and you can simply disable that few bloat that's still there.

Barely. There are tons of Xposed modules, you can virtually do everything that you could with a custom ROM, except for a few exceptions.
The only feature I can think of right now that I'd actually use and can't achieve the same thing with an Xposed module is PA's Hover. Obviously there must be more custom rom exclusive features, but I think most of us can find everything in an Xposed module.

With that said, I think you're better off with stock + Xposed, unless you can find a custom rom with a feature that's a must for you and you can't find a similar module.
I guess it comes down to what you consider bloat. I consider all that Moto crap bloat, and there is quiet a bit of moto crap. Even worst it get's updated and takes of space in system and user. And I am not going to argue custom rom features, that do not exist in stock.

Pr3no

Aug 25, 2012
I guess it comes down to what you consider bloat. I consider all that Moto crap bloat, and there is quiet a bit of moto crap. Even worst it get's updated and takes of space in system and user. And I am not going to argue custom rom features, that do not exist in stock.

I consider those bloat too, but there's not that much of it. Sure you could find 10-15 apps in Settings/Apps/All that wouldn't be there on a Nexus, but if you disable Motorola Assist, Motorola Migrate you're mostly done. There are more Motorola "apps" besides these, but you won't notice any more of them.
If you really need space you can delete them in under 5 minutes, so yeah, I agree that there's some bloat, but it's not that much that you'll need to flash a custom rom. Obviously if you want to flash a custom rom because of some extra features then the lack of bloat is a plus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Custom - More features