[ZIP][LGD/JDI] G2PanelSwap - Fix screen issues on the fly!

Search This thread

savoca

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
Pasadena
downloads.codefi.re
Google Pixel 7
Hai. Many of you know that LG uses 2 panel variants in the G2, LGD and JDI. KitKat based kernels need to be released as 2 seperate zips for each panel.

That sucks, so I made this zip you can flash in recovery to convert whatever kernel you have installed to the alternate panel variant. LGD -> JDI, or JDI -> LGD.

This works on both stock and aosp. So don't worry about ramdisks, let me worry about blank.

JDI users should probably keep this zip on their phone so when they flash a new ROM, they can follow it with this, and you're all good to go.

Enjoy!

hi download me

Thanks @PloniAlmoni for IRC testing. :)

Last edited:

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
/home/renderbroken/android
As always, kicking dev butt! We truly appreciate your help in making Development for the G2 as easy as possible. This is a FANTASTIC phone but the difficulty in Dev'n for it makes it not as appetizing for Devs to take on. You are making that obsolete! Thanks again!

Reactions: ernani1 and savoca

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Hai. Many of you know that LG uses 2 panel variants in the G2, LGD and JDI. KitKat based kernels need to be released as 2 seperate zips for each panel.

That sucks, so I made this zip you can flash in recovery to convert whatever kernel you have installed to the alternate panel variant. LGD -> JDI, or JDI -> LGD.

This works on both stock and aosp. So don't worry about ramdisks, let me worry about blank.

JDI users should probably keep this zip on their phone so when they flash a new ROM, they can follow it with this, and you're all good to go.

Enjoy! :fingers-crossed:

hi download me

Awesome work my friend :)

This will really save time and lots of not needed posts.

I will offer this solution to my users with full credits to you :)

Thanks for hard work!

Sent from my LG-D802

tang097

Nov 5, 2012
Okay. I thought i had this issue. But apparently not because whenever i turn off my screen im unable to wake it again. Is there a way to revert it? And can someone explain in a bit more detail what the problem actually is?

Edit. I fixed by flashing kernel again
Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Probably will be a good idea to put a tutorial on how to know which panel you have. Not everyone that comes across this thread will know.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tinchoska

popcenator

Dec 18, 2010
I'm loving the collaboration between the G2 developers, excellent work guys. We appreciate more than we show sometimes.

on the move..

Pandayoyo

Jul 5, 2011
Lost

Hey guys, sorry to mess with your thread, i recently learnt about the screen damage thing but im still quite clueless on how it works, i have a JDI display, im currently running CM 11 M7, do i need to worry about this? maybe theres a full explanation someone could link me to?

again, sorry for ruining your thread, if you want it removed ill remove it myself if possible or ask a mod to do it

also: i know it says it'll work on AOSP or Stock, does this include all custom kernels ie Dorimanx in Pardus ROM?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
Hey guys, sorry to mess with your thread, i recently learnt about the screen damage thing but im still quite clueless on how it works, i have a JDI display, im currently running CM 11 M7, do i need to worry about this? maybe theres a full explanation someone could link me to?

again, sorry for ruining your thread, if you want it removed ill remove it myself if possible or ask a mod to do it

also: i know it says it'll work on AOSP or Stock, does this include all custom kernels ie Dorimanx in Pardus ROM?

thanks in advance.
if you don't have the white lines on your screen when it wakes up then you don't have the issue

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

fishman0919

Sep 18, 2009
Providence, RI
Doesn't work with dr87's SimpleKernel v5 on d801.

Flashed dr87's 4.4.2 [LG Stock] Debloated... flashed SimpleKernel v5... flashed G2PanelSwap.

Boots fine, did setup, waited for Google restore. Setup home screen... setting... sounds...ect. Reboot

Bootloop.

Repeat... same results

Tried on CloudyFlex v2.4.... same

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy!

hi download me

Savoca is saving the kernel / rom devs from having to build a full set of JDI kernels every time we update

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Enjoy! :fingers-crossed:

hi download me

Awesome work my friend :)

This will really save time and lots of not needed posts.

I will offer this solution to my users with full credits to you :)

Thanks for hard work!

Sent from my LG-D802