Moto G 4G LTE is slower than 3G 8GB version?

Search This thread

michalpo

Dec 6, 2011
Hi All,

Yesterday I bought myself 4G LTE version from Tesco UK. I immediately noticed it is slower and less responsive than my dads 3g version bought from Vodafone. When you try to flip LTE device it takes nearly twice the time of 3G version. Although video won`t show it it kind of stutter when flipping as well.

From what I know brand new device should be quicker and snappier then 6 months used build, but it is not!

Has anyone got any ideas how to fix it? I do not think it is one off bad example. But it may have something to do with kernel and rom. 3G is still on stock Vodafone 4.4.2 while new LTE on 4.4.3 of Tesco.

Any advice? If not I will ask for a refund...

Here is the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vGfR6Cvik

Last edited:

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Hi All,

Yesterday I bought myself 4G LTE version from Tesco UK. I immediately noticed it is slower and less responsive than my dads 3g version bought from Vodafone. When you try to flip LTE device it takes nearly twice the time of 3G version. Although video won`t show it it kind of stutter when flipping as well.

From what I know brand new device should be quicker and snappier then 6 months used build, but it is not!

Has anyone got any ideas how to fix it? I do not think it is one off bad example. But it may have something to do with kernel and rom. 3G is still on stock Vodafone 4.4.2 while new LTE on 4.4.3 of Tesco.

Any advice? If not I will ask for a refund...

Here is the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vGfR6Cvik

Try doing a Antutu Benchmark test..my XT1028 and XT1045 comparison..

Yes..as an earlier post..probably the gyro has alot to do with the difference..and other supported features..I done your same test..and my results where the same as yours..but..apples to apples we should compare..lol

Here is my benchmark tests..XT1028 (then) XT1045
ta3u8aqe.jpg

uby4uhy4.jpg

Sent from my 4.4.3_21.23.4
(Unlocked) XT1045 Moto G 4G LTE
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

Last edited:

michalpo

Dec 6, 2011
I did antutu benchmark test:
3G 8GB old version:
EhDJA1J.png

4G LTE 8GB new version:
JcITmDH.jpg

I am not happy about flipping being slower in new device... I will be going back to tesco and I will ask for a full refund. In my eyes I do not need really gyroscope, but I flip my mobile mutliple times a day and waiting for it to flip 1 extra second is so annoying! I would take my back 2 years in technology and that was not what I wanted buying new mobile....

It is a shame that a new version is slightly slower than old one. I do not think sd card is going to convince me to keep it... I will get 16gb old version and use OTG cable or wait for LG G3 to become available in decent price range 300-400 pounds.

Last edited:
Well it seems to me that your testing has a few flaws...

First, you are comparing two completely different roms and most important you are comparing two roms that are not even on the same firmware version. And as it has been noted elsewhere version 4.4.3 is slower than 4.4.2

But this is Just my opinion

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

michalpo

Dec 6, 2011
@michalpo, What's the case you are using on your old Moto G? It looks good and protective without ruining the look of the device.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GY6X9RK/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1

It is decent I must say. I even ordered myself a new one for the 4G version. Shame I returned it this afternoon because that sluggish flipping screen was driving me crazy!!

What I also noticed was the shut down time was different. Old one was just a second or two faster again! When it comes to booting time, new one won it obviously, but that may be cause by many apps installed on old one, while new one was just clean.

I will look for used Moto G 16gb without 4g now or wait for Lg G3 prices to drop.

Reactions: jimpmc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haha what a rage quite that was....
    Well it seems to me that your testing has a few flaws...

First, you are comparing two completely different roms and most important you are comparing two roms that are not even on the same firmware version. And as it has been noted elsewhere version 4.4.3 is slower than 4.4.2

But this is Just my opinion

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Free mobile app
    @michalpo, What's the case you are using on your old Moto G? It looks good and protective without ruining the look of the device.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GY6X9RK/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1

It is decent I must say. I even ordered myself a new one for the 4G version. Shame I returned it this afternoon because that sluggish flipping screen was driving me crazy!!

What I also noticed was the shut down time was different. Old one was just a second or two faster again! When it comes to booting time, new one won it obviously, but that may be cause by many apps installed on old one, while new one was just clean.

I will look for used Moto G 16gb without 4g now or wait for Lg G3 prices to drop.