[D6543] Xperia Z2 - Brazilian DTV-LTE Model Thread

Search This thread

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Hey brothers.

Since our dear Sony Brazil decided to release in our country a Digital TV-capable LTE model and since this model seems to be sold only here, I thought it would be a good idea to create a Brazilian-specific thread so we can discuss any features, details or problems specific to our device.

While the Brazilian Xperia Z2 has just been released in our country (and, therefore, there is still very little information or data available for the D6543), I thought it would be a good idea to present some specs of this device in order to avoid or, at least, reduce the number of questions people (and specially newcomers) might have.

Differences Between Models

Most of the Z2 specs are the same on all models (D6502, D6503 and D6543), such as the same processor (Qualcomm's MSM8974AB), 3 GB of RAM, Adreno 330, 5.2" Full HD IPS screen and so on. The only differences between the models are:

1 - The networks:
D6502: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

D6503: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20)

D6543: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 - no bands 13, 17 and 20 here, so forget about the 700 MHz 4G/LTE when our government/carriers finally manage to use this frequency, once the analog TV signal is cleared and made available for mobile networks)

2 - The Digital TV receiver
Well, this speaks for itself. Unfortunately, it is still the 1seg standard.

Apart form these two details, there is apparently no other differences from our tupiniquim model and the one sold internationally. The Xperia Z2 White Paper can be found here. There is also a far more technical datasheet on our devices which can be found here.

Despite both devices being different, you CAN flash a D6503 firmware on you D6543. You will lose your DTV app. You can try to restore it through Titanium Backup, but the app will force close (you'll only install the app, but not the necessary system files and whatever is inside the Brazilian firmware's Kernel, so it absolutely will not work at all). If you don't care about DTV, you can use a D6503 without any problems or worries at all.

3 - Rooting, custom recoveries, bootloader unlocking, etc.

At this moment I can only say what I have experienced so far, and, with that regard, I can confirm to you all that you can do pretty much anything you want in that matter as if it was a international 4G/LTE Z2 (D6503).

Rooting tools (at least for the .314 firmware) work as they should (I've used this one in both my Z2 and my Z2 tablet, but there is also this one that should work too - these are the only ones I'm aware of). TA Backup tool also works as it should.

For custom recoveries, I've only tried [NUT]'s XZDualRecovery (v.2.7.154) and it works like it should. Haven't ran into any problems yet.

You should be able to unlock your bootloader just like any other Sony device, but I'm honestly unable to confirm it 100% since I haven't (nor do I intend to) unlock mine.

Current Firmwares

Generic BR | Customization Version: 1281-5466_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.1.28 | FTF File: (*)

Pre-rooted package: Link - Thank you very much @drmspidi for the package and the download link.

Claro BR | Customization Version: 1281-5460_R4A | Firmware version: 17.1.2.A.0.314 | FTF File: Link (1.00 GB)

Vivo BR | Customization Version: 1281-8123_R7A | Firmware version: 17.1.2.A.0.314 | FTF File: Link (1.06 GB)

TIM BR | Customization Version: 1284-4697_R7C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.48 GB)

Oi BR | Customization Version: 1281-8126_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.4 GB)

Previous Firmwares

Generic BR | Customization Version: 1281-5466_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.37 GB)

Here is the pre-rooted flashable.zip file with the 23.1.A.0.690 Generic BR firmware. It was created using PRFCreator v0.8, the FTF above, SuperSU v2.46 and XZDualRecovery v2.8.8. You WILL NOT need the original FTF file posted above since I included everything in the flashable zip file, just flash it with a recovery of your choice (I use TWRP) and you are done. I've tested this on my device and it works perfectly, no issues so far. Since this new Lollipop firmware is very much different from the stock JellyBean and KitKat firmwares, it is highly recommended you do a factory reset before flashing this. Use it at your own discretion - it worked perfectly on my device and it should work just fine on yours, but don't blame me if it goes thermonuclear.

Generic BR - Firmware version: 23.0.1.A.0.167 | FTF File: Link (1.17 GB) (*)
Generic BR - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Revision R6A: Link (1.04 GB - thank you @BeetoCarvalho for this link).
Generic BR - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Revision R5A: Link 1 (*), Link 2 (1.04 GB - thank you @ogunja for this second link)
Generic BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.00 GB) (*)
Claro BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (996 MB) (*)
Vivo BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.04 GB) (*)
TIM BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.05 GB) (*)
Oi BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.02 GB) (*)
(*) I have deleted these files from my Google Drive account in order to clear up space for future updates.

There is also a folder on Mega with some FTF files, in case someone needs an alternate download link (courtesy of MarcSant).

Notes
This works on ANY Xperia Z2 (D6543).
Your Xperia Z2 does NOT have to be rooted.
Your Xperia Z2 does NOT have to be bootloader unlocked.
This does NOT re-lock a SIM unlocked phone (unlocking is ONCE and PERMANENT).
This does NOT unlock your bootloader.
(Thank you @Apollo89 for coming up with this 4 lines on your Xperia ZQ firmware thread - I think they'll help reduce any doubts newcomers might have)

Since this is an international forum, I'd like to remind my fellow countrymen that we have to post things in English here, as per Forum Rules. But we can also post things in PT-BR, as long as we post it in English first.

Special thanks for contributing:
@hitsukun for the info on Vivo's firmware and customization number.
@sighted and Gilson Cristo for Vivo BR's FTF.
@#BR for the info on Claro's firmware and customization number.
@MarcSant for the alternate download folder on Mega.
@IaguCool for developing and releasing XperiFirm for us. Managed to get the customization number from both TIM and Oi and easily download and create any FTF when they come out.
@ogunja for the Link2 on the Generic BR 17.1.2.A.0.314 R5A FTF.
@BeetoCarvalho for the Link on the revised Generic BR 17.1.2.A.0.314 R6A FTF.
@norti for this thread on how to create a pre-rooted update package for firmware version 23.0..1.A.0.167.
@drmspidi for the pre-rooted package for the Customized BR 23.1.A.1.28 firmware

Moderators - I understand that there is a policy of avoiding country-specific threads for the sake of keeping things simple and direct, but I'd like to ask you guys to open an exception and keep an opened mind in this case since the Z2 model sold in Brazil (D6543) is available only in here and that may raise some problems very much specific to our device that may not receive the proper attention of the general modding community (such as finding a proper FTF file for our model, issues with the DTV, apps or the available LTE bands on this model, baseband issues and so on). Since this device has just been released here and it is a top-of-the-line device (which means it is very expensive in our country) it has not received any support as of today in Brazilian forums yet, so people may be coming here with a lot of doubts regarding this specific device.

If you guys believe a thread such as this is not important, feel free to close or delete it.

Last edited:

sighted

Aug 13, 2010
Sorocaba SP
Thanks in Advance

Thanks for the effort on making this thread. We Brazilian customers are kind of left back on Sony's repository. At leat here, at XDA we've found a place to exchange our experiences.
I've searched everywhere for the carrier-free Brazilian tft, in vain...
I hope this thread can gather all our knowledge on this very specific Z2 model.

Reactions: Tiu Fiu

rodrigoath

Jul 1, 2014
Thanks for the effort on making this thread. We Brazilian customers are kind of left back on Sony's repository. At leat here, at XDA we've found a place to exchange our experiences.

I'm looking for brazilian tft file to, I'm updated to Germany 17.1.1.A.0.402 and now I want back to DTV and nothing. Please if you find it share with us.

hitsukun

Jun 26, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
OMG this thread is just perfect for me!
Xperia z2 is my first android device since i came from an apple iphone 4.

i am reading this forum like crazy for about 6 days and learning new stuff like rooting...bootloader...roms....kernels... i understand a little but our brazilian model is unique and i was really in doubt about doing all this stuff in D6543!
I hope my brazilian friends and all people from this forum can help me to make my device awesome!!

Jan 18, 2012
Does anyone know if the Japanese Z2 also has TV? I'm asking because Japanese Z1 also has TV (in fact Brazilian Z1 only has TV because we use the same digital TV technology as japan).

I posted a topic about this model here and some replied it's possible to use a foreigner firmware + the TV module to have a fully functional updated phone, does anyone tried that ou knows a tutorial?
Thanks.

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Thanks everybody for the support - feedbacks like these are exactly what we need to make sure to the moderators that this thread is necessary and useful for us who have a very specific and unique device.

I'm still in the process of updating the opening post, so if any of you guys have a carrier model, could you do me a favor and send me (a post here or a PM) the customization number of your device? All you need to do is go to the dialer and type *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) to access the Service Menu, go on "Service Info" and then "Software Info" and post the "Customization Version". That help would be very much appreciated.

I'm looking for brazilian tft file to, I'm updated to Germany 17.1.1.A.0.402 and now I want back to DTV and nothing. Please if you find it share with us.

I've spent all night yesterday trying to make a FTF file for the stock Brazilian Firmware, but I've had no luck. I'll try again tonight, after work, and if it works I'll share it with you guys.
@rodrigoath - Have you flashed a stock D6503 FTF on your D6543? And it was all OK, no problems at all? I've been thinking about flashing a D6503 firmware, since I don't care at all for DTV. Was the .402 firmware any better than .55? Better in a way that you can see (or feel, I guess), anyways.

OMG this thread is just perfect for me!
Xperia z2 is my first android device since i came from an apple iphone 4.

i am reading this forum like crazy for about 6 days and learning new stuff like rooting...bootloader...roms....kernels... i understand a little but our brazilian model is unique and i was really in doubt about doing all this stuff in D6543!
I hope my brazilian friends and all people from this forum can help me to make my device awesome!!

Welcome to the android community, brother. You'll find A LOT of good information, mods and so on here on XDA (and I mean A LOT). And don't worry about being a new android user, pretty soon you'll be a flash-a-holic like must of us are sooner or latter (for me, it was around the days of the Samsung Galaxy SII - man, I used to flash a new custom ROM every week... Good times...)

Does anyone know if the Japanese Z2 also has TV? I'm asking because Japanese Z1 also has TV (in fact Brazilian Z1 only has TV because we use the same digital TV technology as japan).

I posted a topic about this model here and some replied it's possible to use a foreigner firmware + the TV module to have a fully functional updated phone, does anyone tried that ou knows a tutorial?
Thanks.

I remember reading about it somewhere too, but I can't remember where exactly - I'll look for it and I'll post the source here when I find it.

Thanks for everything fellas.

Best regards

Jan 18, 2012
Tiu Fiu, speaking for my knowledge with other sony models (xperias Neo and ZQ) you can flash another countries firmwares without problems, ZQ has 4G too, and i used to use the german firmwares, because they have the exact same 4G bands as we do.

Last edited:

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Tiu Fiu, speaking for my knowledge with other sony models (xperias Neo and ZQ) you can flash another countries firmwares without problems, ZQ has 4G too, and i used to use the german firmwares, because they have the exact same 4G bands as we do.

I don't know about the Neo, but the ZQ was exactly the same as the international model, hardware-wise (still haven't found a suitable reason for naming it "ZQ" here and not "ZL"), and there was indeed no problem with flashing other firmwares in it (hell, first thing I did after I purchased it was to flash the german FTF and root it).

I'm wondering about the Z2 because of baseband problems that might come up (the D6543 doesn't have LTE bands 13, 17 and 20, that the D6503 has - I don't know if Sony uses a different LTE chip on our model or if it is just a software limitation - even though according to this article on Wikipedia the MSM8974AB chip has a built-in LTE support). Aside from that, I don't really care about the DTV.

rodrigoath

Jul 1, 2014

Thanks everybody for the support - feedbacks like these are exactly what we need to make sure to the moderators that this thread is necessary and useful for us who have a very specific and unique device.

I'm still in the process of updating the opening post, so if any of you guys have a carrier model, could you do me a favor and send me (a post here or a PM) the customization number of your device? All you need to do is go to the dialer and type *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) to access the Service Menu, go on "Service Info" and then "Software Info" and post the "Customization Version". That help would be very much appreciated.

I've spent all night yesterday trying to make a FTF file for the stock Brazilian Firmware, but I've had no luck. I'll try again tonight, after work, and if it works I'll share it with you guys.

@rodrigoath - Have you flashed a stock D6503 FTF on your D6543? And it was all OK, no problems at all? I've been thinking about flashing a D6503 firmware, since I don't care at all for DTV. Was the .402 firmware any better than .55? Better in a way that you can see (or feel, I guess), anyways.

Welcome to the android community, brother. You'll find A LOT of good information, mods and so on here on XDA (and I mean A LOT). And don't worry about being a new android user, pretty soon you'll be a flash-a-holic like must of us are sooner or latter (for me, it was around the days of the Samsung Galaxy SII - man, I used to flash a new custom ROM every week... Good times...)

I remember reading about it somewhere too, but I can't remember where exactly - I'll look for it and I'll post the source here when I find it.

Thanks for everything fellas.

Best regards

I didn't found problem in .402, but the camera is getting hot in feel minutes of use. I tough it's solved in this firmware but is the same problem of .55. Let's see if the 4.4.4 will be better.

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
I didn't found problem in .402, but the camera is getting hot in feel minutes of use. I tough it's solved in this firmware but is the same problem of .55. Let's see if the 4.4.4 will be better.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be trying it soon, I guess...

By the way, everybody, I'm uploading the stock Generic BR FTF file to my Google Drive folder. I'll share it with you guys as soon as it's done.

I'll also create another thread on the General section and send a word to the OP of the Firmware Index thread.

If anyone out there has a carrier Z2 (Vivo, Claro, TIM or Oi), let me know the customization number so I can download and create stock FTFs for those firmwares as well.

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Tiu Fiu! I wanna help as much as I can to help our situation!

My carrier is VIVO and customization number is 1281-8123-R7A

anything else just ask!

Thanks mate. Just to confirm, Vivo's firmware is 17.1.A.2.55, right?

Did you receive the PM I sent you? Don't really know if it got through or not.

Last edited:

mourthe

Jun 28, 2014
Hello guys,

I have a Sony Xperia Z2 D6543, did the update with another firmware and my phone changed to D6503 version, the device works perfectly, however I lost the function of Digital TV, would like to have the function back, however I found the Brazilian room .

I hope you can help us.

The unit is working very well with the room with the D6503'm 17.1.1.A1.0.402 version.

Wait for new releases

Greetings!

Last edited:

rodrigoath

Jul 1, 2014
Please, where do you find the Brazilian firmware I want back to D6543 to compare with European D6503. Thanks

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Please, where do you find the Brazilian firmware I want back to D6543 to compare with European D6503. Thanks

Hello guys,

I have a Sony Xperia Z2 D6543, did the update with another firmware and my phone changed to D6503 version, the device works perfectly, however I lost the function of Digital TV, would like to have the function back, however I found the Brazilian room .

I hope you can help us.

The unit is working very well with the room with the D6503'm 17.1.1.A1.0.402 version.

Wait for new releases

Greetings!

Yes, it's that firmware!!
I really wanna flash other ROMs with latest firmwares...but I would love to know that we have a stock rom for our model.
I hope you can give us this hapiness!

Just a little bit of patience, fellas, it is taking a little longer to upload the file than I've expected (I'd like to thank NET and their great 10 Mb/s download speed and lousy 1 Mb/s upload speed, just freaking amazing :rolleyes:).

I'm going to leave it uploading all night and by tomorrow morning it should be up (if nothing else happens while I'm sleeping).

Wish me luck :silly:

Reactions: peterf9

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Stock Generic BR FTF

Here you go, guys, the stock Generic BR FTF, firmware 17.1.A.2.55 - Link

Thanks for the Vivo FTF, @sighted and Gilson Cristo, I've updated the OP.

Anybody out there with Z2s from other carriers, let us know the Customization Number and we'll try to upload their respective FTFs as well.

Last edited:

hitsukun

Jun 26, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
Here you go, guys, the stock Generic BR FTF, firmware 17.1.A.2.55 - Link

Thanks for the Vivo FTF, @sighted and Gilson Cristo, I've updated the OP.

Anybody out there with Z2s from other carriers, let us know the Customization Number and we'll try to upload their respective FTFs as well.

What means generic??? it's like a non-carrier rom?
So now that we have some ftf files from our model...i can root my phone....flash other roms and firmwares....and if i wanna make a clean restore...we can use these files...right???

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
What means generic??? it's like a non-carrier rom?
So now that we have some ftf files from our model...i can root my phone....flash other roms and firmwares....and if i wanna make a clean restore...we can use these files...right???

Exactly, generic means unbranded, non-carrier firmware.

And yes, you can root (even though rooting a device is easily reversible), flash other firmwares and all that if you want to, with this FTF as backup.

Keep in mind, though, that if you unlock your bootloader, flashing a FTF will not relock it. It will not alter your SIM-Lock status neither.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey brothers.

Since our dear Sony Brazil decided to release in our country a Digital TV-capable LTE model and since this model seems to be sold only here, I thought it would be a good idea to create a Brazilian-specific thread so we can discuss any features, details or problems specific to our device.

While the Brazilian Xperia Z2 has just been released in our country (and, therefore, there is still very little information or data available for the D6543), I thought it would be a good idea to present some specs of this device in order to avoid or, at least, reduce the number of questions people (and specially newcomers) might have.

Differences Between Models

Most of the Z2 specs are the same on all models (D6502, D6503 and D6543), such as the same processor (Qualcomm's MSM8974AB), 3 GB of RAM, Adreno 330, 5.2" Full HD IPS screen and so on. The only differences between the models are:

1 - The networks:
    D6502: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

D6503: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20)

D6543: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 - no bands 13, 17 and 20 here, so forget about the 700 MHz 4G/LTE when our government/carriers finally manage to use this frequency, once the analog TV signal is cleared and made available for mobile networks)

2 - The Digital TV receiver
    Well, this speaks for itself. Unfortunately, it is still the 1seg standard.

Apart form these two details, there is apparently no other differences from our tupiniquim model and the one sold internationally. The Xperia Z2 White Paper can be found here. There is also a far more technical datasheet on our devices which can be found here.

Despite both devices being different, you CAN flash a D6503 firmware on you D6543. You will lose your DTV app. You can try to restore it through Titanium Backup, but the app will force close (you'll only install the app, but not the necessary system files and whatever is inside the Brazilian firmware's Kernel, so it absolutely will not work at all). If you don't care about DTV, you can use a D6503 without any problems or worries at all.

3 - Rooting, custom recoveries, bootloader unlocking, etc.

At this moment I can only say what I have experienced so far, and, with that regard, I can confirm to you all that you can do pretty much anything you want in that matter as if it was a international 4G/LTE Z2 (D6503).

Rooting tools (at least for the .314 firmware) work as they should (I've used this one in both my Z2 and my Z2 tablet, but there is also this one that should work too - these are the only ones I'm aware of). TA Backup tool also works as it should.

For custom recoveries, I've only tried [NUT]'s XZDualRecovery (v.2.7.154) and it works like it should. Haven't ran into any problems yet.

You should be able to unlock your bootloader just like any other Sony device, but I'm honestly unable to confirm it 100% since I haven't (nor do I intend to) unlock mine.

Current Firmwares

Generic BR | Customization Version: 1281-5466_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.1.28 | FTF File: (*)

Pre-rooted package: Link - Thank you very much @drmspidi for the package and the download link.

Claro BR | Customization Version: 1281-5460_R4A | Firmware version: 17.1.2.A.0.314 | FTF File: Link (1.00 GB)

Vivo BR | Customization Version: 1281-8123_R7A | Firmware version: 17.1.2.A.0.314 | FTF File: Link (1.06 GB)

TIM BR | Customization Version: 1284-4697_R7C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.48 GB)

Oi BR | Customization Version: 1281-8126_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.4 GB)

Previous Firmwares

Generic BR | Customization Version: 1281-5466_R5C | Firmware version: 23.1.A.0.690 | FTF File: Link (1.37 GB)

Here is the pre-rooted flashable.zip file with the 23.1.A.0.690 Generic BR firmware. It was created using PRFCreator v0.8, the FTF above, SuperSU v2.46 and XZDualRecovery v2.8.8. You WILL NOT need the original FTF file posted above since I included everything in the flashable zip file, just flash it with a recovery of your choice (I use TWRP) and you are done. I've tested this on my device and it works perfectly, no issues so far. Since this new Lollipop firmware is very much different from the stock JellyBean and KitKat firmwares, it is highly recommended you do a factory reset before flashing this. Use it at your own discretion - it worked perfectly on my device and it should work just fine on yours, but don't blame me if it goes thermonuclear.

Generic BR - Firmware version: 23.0.1.A.0.167 | FTF File: Link (1.17 GB) (*)
    Generic BR - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Revision R6A: Link (1.04 GB - thank you @BeetoCarvalho for this link).
    Generic BR - 17.1.2.A.0.314 Revision R5A: Link 1 (*), Link 2 (1.04 GB - thank you @ogunja for this second link)
    Generic BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.00 GB) (*)
    Claro BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (996 MB) (*)
    Vivo BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.04 GB) (*)
    TIM BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.05 GB) (*)
    Oi BR - 17.1.A.2.55 - Link (1.02 GB) (*)
    (*) I have deleted these files from my Google Drive account in order to clear up space for future updates.

There is also a folder on Mega with some FTF files, in case someone needs an alternate download link (courtesy of MarcSant).

Notes
    This works on ANY Xperia Z2 (D6543).
    Your Xperia Z2 does NOT have to be rooted.
    Your Xperia Z2 does NOT have to be bootloader unlocked.
    This does NOT re-lock a SIM unlocked phone (unlocking is ONCE and PERMANENT).
    This does NOT unlock your bootloader.
    (Thank you @Apollo89 for coming up with this 4 lines on your Xperia ZQ firmware thread - I think they'll help reduce any doubts newcomers might have)

Since this is an international forum, I'd like to remind my fellow countrymen that we have to post things in English here, as per Forum Rules. But we can also post things in PT-BR, as long as we post it in English first.

Special thanks for contributing:
    @hitsukun for the info on Vivo's firmware and customization number.
    @sighted and Gilson Cristo for Vivo BR's FTF.
    @#BR for the info on Claro's firmware and customization number.
    @MarcSant for the alternate download folder on Mega.
    @IaguCool for developing and releasing XperiFirm for us. Managed to get the customization number from both TIM and Oi and easily download and create any FTF when they come out.
    @ogunja for the Link2 on the Generic BR 17.1.2.A.0.314 R5A FTF.
    @BeetoCarvalho for the Link on the revised Generic BR 17.1.2.A.0.314 R6A FTF.
    @norti for this thread on how to create a pre-rooted update package for firmware version 23.0..1.A.0.167.
    @drmspidi for the pre-rooted package for the Customized BR 23.1.A.1.28 firmware

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Moderators - I understand that there is a policy of avoiding country-specific threads for the sake of keeping things simple and direct, but I'd like to ask you guys to open an exception and keep an opened mind in this case since the Z2 model sold in Brazil (D6543) is available only in here and that may raise some problems very much specific to our device that may not receive the proper attention of the general modding community (such as finding a proper FTF file for our model, issues with the DTV, apps or the available LTE bands on this model, baseband issues and so on). Since this device has just been released here and it is a top-of-the-line device (which means it is very expensive in our country) it has not received any support as of today in Brazilian forums yet, so people may be coming here with a lot of doubts regarding this specific device.

If you guys believe a thread such as this is not important, feel free to close or delete it.
    Xposed

Nice to hear that buddy :Do
    @thread

The German 314 is working well, but I noticed something. I tried to update walkman and album, but update Centre did not worked, it says that I already have the latest versions. Is anyone experiencing the same?

@TicoVillas, what do you exactly uses on xposed? I'd like to use it too, but I did some wrong things on my gs4 in the past haha.
    Cheers

Sup Geiger;

I use a good amout of modules, Tinted status bar been one of the best ones and UDN (Hide navbar) that is awesome since i have full screen without losing the navbar functionality.

Look at the screenshots, that's the ones i have, and for me was very easy to install, just download from the apk Xposed repository and install, the phone need to be rooted but the bootloader can be locked or unlocked after that inside the app you need to install the framework and just then you can use the modules, every time that you install a new module you need to activate and reboot (soft reboot do the job);

If you need some more help just ask away, and if you want more information on any specific module too.

Ps. German .314 is workin smooth and with working LTE/4G

Cheers everyone;
    Hi Tiu Fiu,

Can I install this pre-rooted Lollipop version over my rooted KitKat, using recovery? My data will keep untouched, right?
    Thanks for your hard work.

Ricardo

Hey Ricardo,

Yes, you can flash the pre-rooted version over your rooted KitKat using recovery (I used TWRP and it went OK).

I advice you to choose the factory reset wipe of TWRP to do a fresh install (this Lollipop firmware is WAY different than the previous JellyBean and KitKat firmwares, so this will reduce the chances of having anything messed up with the new firmware). This factory reset WILL NOT delete your files in the internal SD card, but you should do a backup just in case. You won't even need to flash anything with Flashtools afterwards since I used the full-bundle function of PRFCreator v0.8. And to keep you guys informed, I used both SuperSU v2.46 (the latest stable version available) and XZDualRecovery v2.8.8.

As soon as the upload is complete I'll update the OP and include the link to flashable zip file (around 15% or so to go).

EDIT: Upload complete, check the OP for the link.
    @Rick Poldo or anyone else. Please quit spamming the thread with a countdown of how many days have passed since you feel you should have an update. Everyone has a calendar and I'm sure they know how to read it.

Thread cleaned.
    New Firmware D6543 DTV Brazil

New Firmware D6543
    Device: Xperia Z2 LTE-A (D6543)
    CDA: 1281-5466
    Market: Brazil
    Operator: Cistomized BR
    Release: 17.1.2.A.0.314 / R6A
    Network: DTV-LTE
    Size: 1GB

FTF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ZoEbRM2IsNVUFDeG11UXVaVzg/edit?usp=sharing