LG G3 QuickCircle Case - Just got it

Search This thread

helentsang1214

Jul 19, 2011
I got a QuickCircle case for my G3
but there is a minor problem - the LG Health icon is missed in the small circle window though I have the app installed correctly
just wonder if anyone has such problems too?

Valent1

Jun 22, 2014
France
I received it today from dx-box and OMG, this is obvious crap and not even close to the look of the genuine case as you can see below, I'm not sure what do to, laugh or cry :D
Of course there are no IQ / NFC pins, actually there is nothing but a #**# crappy plastic with 2 different colors, there was my review.

I asked for an immediate refund. I let you guys know, in the mean time you can cancel your orders while you still can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pheno.menon

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
I received it today from dx-box and OMG, this is obvious crap and not even close to the look of the genuine case as you can see below, I'm not sure what do to, laugh or cry :D
Of course there are no IQ / NFC pins, actually there is nothing but a #**# crappy plastic with 2 different colors, there was my review.

I asked for an immediate refund. I let you guys know, in the mean time you can cancel your orders while you still can.

That case is nasty by some chance did you order the official one or a clone?

http://dx-box.com/genuine-lg-g3-quick-circle-cellphone-cover-smartphone-case.html

Or this one?

http://dx-box.com/lg-g3-quick-circle-cellphone-cover-smartphone-case.html

Valent1

Jun 22, 2014
France
Oh yes I took the first one, the one that says GENUINE, at 20 bucks
I don't wanna believe that's just a mistake. Well I hope it is, actually. I send them some pictures so I can get some explaination.

Last edited:

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Oh yes I took the first one, the one that says GENUINE, at 20 bucks
I don't wanna believe that's just a mistake. Well I hope it is, actually. I send them some pictures so I can get some explaination.

I ordered the genuine one as well so will let you know if its the same as yours if it is I will be definitely asking for a full refund as well and it looks like they sent you the cheap one on the second link.

Let us all know how you get on.

ShiroEd

Aug 29, 2009
I bought if from Carphone Warehouse. Ordered it online last Thursday and it arrived Friday. They are still in stock, even if they are a rip off:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ph.../lg-all-other/buy/lg-g3-quick-circle-case-bla

Can I ask if yours has the QI pins on the inside.
I got a free case with my CarphoneWarehouse pre-order but mine has nothing on the inside of the back plate. No way to QI charge.

Are there two variations of this case?

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
I got a free case with my CarphoneWarehouse pre-order but mine has nothing on the inside of the back plate. No way to QI charge.

There are 2 one is a snap on cover and the other one replaced the back cover which has wireless charging and nfc support.

CPW are giving out the cheaper snap on one.

Reactions: ShiroEd

ipwngeek

Jul 2, 2011
Grimstad
does it mean don't fit or can;t use the wireless charging ? please advice :), anyone review it yet ?

I'm laughing so hard at the 2 different colors :p
I ordered a genuine one from a Norwegian store, and I'm going to pick it up alter. I'll post pictures and short review when I'm home from work :)

Got the International Sim Free version, D855, so let's see about those pins and all :p

Reactions: lluisgi

piepie22

Jun 22, 2007
Was wondering how the camera knows the case is on? By magnets or if the face camera is covered up?

There is a small piece of magnet embedded on the inside left of the case cover. You can use the back cam only by selecting camera on circle app or shortcut volume down key.

Sent from my LG-F400S using XDA Free mobile app

atsfrnd

Sep 16, 2013
just received my original QC case from LG, and i have to say im pretty impressed..
my QC case model is CCF-340G.. its made in korea and fits perfectly on my international D855 model

the cover mechanism isnt flawed like most 3rd party cover do, it leaves no gap with the screen once the cover was closed..
i also like the soft touch material at the back of the front cover (the one that touches the screen).. once it flipped back, it actually improves the handling of the phone when typing, making it more comfortable to hold..

the back cover also has the 4 pins required for NFC and wireless charging..
and yes, i do agree that the back cover is far worse than the original G3 back cover aesthetically (that LG logo look horrific), but its grippier to hold so i can live with that..

plus it has an additional protection for all 4 edges, so the phone is not entirely naked..
it feels like an enlarged back cover..

jimbo1307

Jul 7, 2014
I got my quick circle thrown in with the deal. I like it, doesn't feel to bulky. I wish Spotify was a supported app though so i can skip tracks without having to keep opening it up (ie when driving). maybe itll get more support though.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I also got mine through CW, mine doesn't have anything either. was looking into the qi charger too but seems pointless now.

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
just got it too.
i noticed when playing games it gets a bit hotter when using this Q.C.C. than the phone's Case.
it's because the Q.C.C. is a bit thicker than the phone's case.

krisbi

May 5, 2010
I got my quick circle thrown in with the deal. I like it, doesn't feel to bulky. I wish Spotify was a supported app though so i can skip tracks without having to keep opening it up (ie when driving). maybe itll get more support though.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I also got mine through CW, mine doesn't have anything either. was looking into the qi charger too but seems pointless now.

Aren't all European Handsets (D855) inclusive of built-in wireless charging? So you don't need the case just the snap-on cover which you were given.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my QuickCircle case and I want to share my thoughts with everyone.

Size: Although the case is suppose to replace the back panel of the phone, the size of this case is a little bigger thicker than the original back plate. Gripping the phone is also a little bit harder and a bit uncomfortable when the flap is opened and flipped to the back while using the phone.

Colour: I got the blue one and it looks very nice with the white version of the phone.

Software: As you've probably read in official reviews of this case, the software experience is limited and are proprietary to LG's selected software. There is a vast selection of watch faces which all looks really nice. The white light that circles around the parameter looks fantastic but i only wished it looped around a few more times before it disappeared. It only did half a loop, from top to bottom either way.

Connectivity: This case comes with NFC and Qi Charging enabled wish to some may be an upgrade as i've heard that the US and Korean variant do not come with Qi charging capability.

Other Thoughts: The flap can unlock and lock the screen automatically if you wish to set it that way. However, i wish there was a magnetic strip that can keep the flap in place even if I were to flip the phone faced down hanging. I'm not a case kinda guy so this is my first time with a case, i only bought it to play with the QuickCircle function. Let's see if this case is good enough for me to keep it on at least for a while.

Picture of the packaging.
    20140610_114600.jpg

Picture of the internal as you can see there are four pins (NFC + Qi), instead of two on the original back plate.
    20140610_114855.jpg

Stunt
    You are correct. US market gets screwed as usual. You need a case with both the nfc and qi pinout. US models just have nfc. Remove the back cover and take a look. And remember, qi doesn't work on the AT&T version.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

That's rich... Do you know how many times the UK market gets screwed over US sales ~ answer:- Every time. If something costs $200 in the US you can then bet it gets sold for around £200 in the UK despite the currency exchange rate being different.

I think the answer you are looking for is no matter what is offered for sale you will always find a proportion of customers will end up with a negative outcome.
    DX Box is a scam.. I will be requesting a full refund on their apology replacement "genuine" quick circle case and never dealing with this company again.

Transmission sent from my LG G3.
    I'm mainly interested in the QI Charging capabilities of this cover.
    If you were to detach the front cover/flap,does it appear that the back portion would look decent & have a tight seal (along the edge of the phone) w/o the front cover?
    if you look at the pics you can see that it over laps. it's not the same size as the stock back so I'd imagine removing the flap would make it look strange. a mother option might be to buy one, remove the qi Charing area and put that on a stock back. maybe?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    5???

Sry, must be missing something?! :p

Could you clarify which one is which...?

Sry it's late and my brain is a tad daft....

Damn you, you're going to make me Google it again!

Actually I got mine through the post today. ;)

It's the CCF-340G, which is the more expensive, replaces the back cover version.
    And it's gorgeous.
    I love the phone, but I've struggled to find a case for it. They all seem to spoil the very subtle styling that makes the phone look so good.
    I was at that point where I was going to use it naked.
    The quick circle, compliments the design, perhaps even adding to it . Obviously the dearer case keeps the phone thinner.
    I'm very pleased I went with it.