[KERNEL](11/01)[KK][Shift Kernel][AOSP] Linaro GCC 4.7.4

Search This thread

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
Jeez, sure is dead around here lol. Just wanted to drop in and say I started working again on this a couple days ago. Added more linaro optimizations and I'm working on touchwake/touchboost. I'll add some I/O schedulers and maybe a few more governors as well. Also I optimized zzmoove for our device in case I can't enable ALL frequencies from the CPU instead of just the 5 steps or so it currently allows. What I mean by that is right now for example it goes from 200 to 500 and can't use 300 or 400 for some odd reason. Hopefully I can change that but if not zzmoove will be better set up to handle things specific to kitkat and our device. Thanks guys, sorry it's been awhile. I'm willing to bet I'm more irritated by that than you but life is busy. Thanks again!!!!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

K :D

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Jeez, sure is dead around here lol. Just wanted to drop in and say I started working again on this a couple days ago. Added more linaro optimizations and I'm working on touchwake/touchboost. I'll add some I/O schedulers and maybe a few more governors as well.

I'll be more than willing to test it for ya ;)

Would love yo see the HYPER governor if it was a choice. I don't know why, but I do well with it. Smartass that you have now works pretty well for me too.

Glad to hear you're still working on this. Keeps my triple 7 feeling nice and fresh.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'll be more than willing to test it for ya ;)

Would love yo see the HYPER governor if it was a choice. I don't know why, but I do well with it. Smartass that you have now works pretty well for me too.

Glad to hear you're still working on this. Keeps my triple 7 feeling nice and fresh.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

Yea I love hyper but it's tied to several other things to do with the sleep profiles and blah blah, BUT I think I figured it out finally and I actually have all the pieces. Won't be in this build but should be in the next. I'll get you a think to test where in at so far. Look for a PM momentarily

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Muahahaha

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1406177223515.jpg
    1406177223515.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 83

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Wtf, is that an ETA??? Hahaha jk jk. I was totally kidding. Should be soon. I have enough to release but wanting more. If I get stuck I'll drop by tomorrow. I'm very close to something FANTASTIC tho that would be very worthy of being our final custom kernel

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
Wtf, is that an ETA??? Hahaha jk jk. I was totally kidding. Should be soon. I have enough to release but wanting more. If I get stuck I'll drop by tomorrow. I'm very close to something FANTASTIC tho that would be very worthy of being our final custom kernel

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense.jpg

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Waiting on one test and then I'll release 3.1. There has been a lot of additions and changes while also improving battery with a few linaro tweaks. 12 subversions later here we are. Tested extremely thoroughly by myself and @razen_kain through every one of them but because of it you'll be getting it with everything appearing to be working perfectly. If you haven't been running this, you'll wanna go ahead and get onboard now LOL. I kid I kid but seriously

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Waiting on one test and then I'll release 3.1. There has been a lot of additions and changes while also improving battery with a few linaro tweaks. 12 subversions later here we are. Tested extremely thoroughly by myself and @razen_kain through every one of them but because of it you'll be getting it with everything appearing to be working perfectly. If you haven't been running this, you'll wanna go ahead and get onboard now LOL. I kid I kid but seriously

I'm just going to say awwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh to what you guys have coming for you. This has come a long way, and you're going to be impressed.

Reactions: razen_kain

desteele

Apr 8, 2011

<giddy>

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Ok guys, new builds are up and running. You will notice that there is no longer a CWM version as it is continually causing unforeseen issues. If CWM is a must you'll have to flash 1.1 before you do a backup and reboot back in to recovery. I will look to get this fixed but as I don't use it for a long long time now, it is not of major concern and I would highly recommend just getting used to twrp considering if I ever get dual booting working correcting it will be will twrp and not CWM anyway. Anyway, check to OP as it will be updated shortly but the old link will lead you to the new kernel and I created a different folder for 1.1. Thanks and leave some feedback as I'm sure you are going to enjoy this thoroughly

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Ok guys, new builds are up and running. You will notice that there is no longer a CWM version as it is continually causing unforeseen issues. If CWM is a must you'll have to flash 1.1 before you do a backup and reboot back in to recovery. I will look to get this fixed but as I don't use it for a long long time now, it is not of major concern and I would highly recommend just getting used to twrp considering if I ever get dual booting working correcting it will be will twrp and not CWM anyway. Anyway, check to OP as it will be updated shortly but the old link will lead you to the new kernel and I created a different folder for 1.1. Thanks and leave some feedback as I'm sure you are going to enjoy this thoroughly

Woot!

Sent from my SGH-I777

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Shift Kernel

Here we have custom toolchain build Linaro 4.7.4 Aosp custom kernel.

This is based on the Cyanogenmod SMDK4412 updated source.

Kernel uses STweaks which should be installed as a system app with the zip as it's included. If it doesn't just download and install

Starting with 5.0 this kernel supports all AOSP KitKat ROMS for the I777/959G

Downloads: Shift

Also feedback is very welcome. Also I will CONSIDER requests if I find it useful and not too strenuous to implement. Again Enjoy yourself guys!!!!

Thanks goes out to @ZaneZam for the amazing zzmoove that is included that we all love. @dorimanx for a little help and his amazing source for the i9100. If you thank me, please take the time to go thank him as well because without him some of this would never be possible as it helped me understand the extent to which some of this must go to function as it should. PLUS, he's an AMAZING Dev, Get over there already, and of course @gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel) who without some of his early work none of this would be possible. He is the master Dev when it comes to the S2 community, even if we don't see the I9100 work over here we are forever in his debt @razen_kain for countless hours of testing and dealing with my lip when things are wreaking havoc @TheGeekyNimrod for testing CWM, unsuccessful or not, it is still extremely helpful
    If I forgot you, just say so

« Credits

Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel) & STweaks
    Entropy512 (CyanogenMod)
    Dorimanx
    ZaneZam

shiftboot.jpeg
    New build. Zero wake lag added, Frandom module (control in STweaks) and as mentioned previously this is universal and will work on all KK roms besides the miui port ?. Enjoy. More goodies to come

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712472765

New build is up. Over 100 commits for sure. I Stweaks has been updated with Dynamic Fsync control which I HIGHLY recommend using. I also updated the Philz recovery to the latest and Final ever version of Philz since he is stepping away. Enjoy, this thing is a BEAST> Hopefully you've enjoyed the work as much as I've enjoyed building it. Happy flashing

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001605000
    FINAL release will be coming soon. I'd say within the week. Already updated the WiFi driver and reduced some wakelocks including on WiFi. This update will be almost ALL BEHIND THE SCENES but it will be MASSIVE. There will be many many changes. I'll be sure to link the commits if I remember but they won't show you alot TBH. Just know that it will have a ton of improvements and use less resources to run. I know way way way more now than when I started this beast. Great kernel already IMO of course BUT will be much better with some more even stricter Linaro rules making it that much better. Testing a SaberMod version as well with the latest sources
    Reuploaded. Sorry but updates may be frequent untill everything is working as should but I think that is only BLN that is left. I'm working to try and get that straightened out. Everything else appears to be running smooth and I've been getting great battery life. I added 4 or 5 more governors and a few io schedulers. Anything not working please report. Thanks for support and patience. This stuff is hard lol