Galaxy note 3 sm-n900 Unkonwn baseband

Search This thread

Byakuya88

Oct 24, 2011
hello Guys, i have a galaxy note 3 sm-n900 on my hand right now, the problem is that i have no data, unknown baseband and no imei (Null/Null)......is there any solution ??? thank you...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-08-01-27-51.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-08-01-27-51.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 7,457
  • Screenshot_2013-01-08-01-27-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-08-01-27-39.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 7,750

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
In normal case all this missing comes from factory, if you need help from others you must explain how this happened, what rom you are using etc etc

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

UnboundDemon

Mar 3, 2014
Cochabamba, Bolivia
i have the same issue with a friends phone, no EFS backup, he won't tell what he did to the phone but now imei is null/null and doesn't have a baseband, anyway to fix it?

mithudas28

Jun 8, 2014
bangalore
In normal case all this missing comes from factory, if you need help from others you must explain how this happened, what rom you are using etc etc

similar problem

I have a sm-n900 exynos and I have lost my imei and baseband during a Samsung flash. I have a TWRP backup, efs.img backup by dr.ketan's backup tool but nothing is able to restore my efs. I have scanned emmc blocks for bricked blocks and all blocks come back as non-corrupted. may be the partition is corrupted .how do I erase my efs partition to rebuild it. I have tired to flash PIT from ODIN but that too doesn't work.

tried this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2567133&page=36

but need a guide to identify the partitions and how to rebuild them. by any chance anyone know if I could extract twrp backup to files to restore efs or from efs.img so I can use the nv_data.bin, since tried restoring the backups and it didn't restore I feel the partition might be corrupt and hence not being re-written. so might be I have to rebuild the partitions by formatting as explained in this thread. but I don't know exactly the steps for exynos variant. I tried using terminal on twrp but mkef2 command shows mmbcblkp03 doesn't exist which as I have read in posts is the efs partition on this phone and reboots to twrp recovery. and mmbcblkp12 show filesystem too small and reboots to twrp recovery:confused:

UnboundDemon

Mar 3, 2014
Cochabamba, Bolivia
weird thing is, i sometimes find the imei and the baseband and sometimes i dont, phone's not rooted yet, trying to find a way to root it without trippong knox since is not mine, but maybe im able to recover the efs i hope it works :(

V-dude

Aug 12, 2014
Same problem here...

Hey guys, I'm experiencing the same problem since i installed VN kit kat rom. I searched for the efs backup and i found it but when i use odin to flash it it doesn't work. I tried flashing back to stock but that doesn't work. Can soneone please help me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-13-18-43-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-13-18-43-19.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,396

V-dude

Aug 12, 2014
Fixed it!!!

If you have a n900 and your imei is null and your baseband is unknown all you have to do is to flash the file beneath with cwm recovery and voila!
You don't have me to thank, DaOldMan/Thomas deserves all the credit!

Attachments

• N900_XXUENE1_MODEM_CWM.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 72,161

kevinshih

Dec 29, 2008
If you have a n900 and your imei is null and your baseband is unknown all you have to do is to flash the file beneath with cwm recovery and voila!
Thanks Man!!!!This file saved my day!!!cheers!!!!![emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

ghassano015

Sep 14, 2013
HI just one question my friend has the exact same problem (IMEI null/null) baseband is unkown !!! the device is SM-N900 running 4.4.2 right now he flashed the file but the problem still exist !!! pleeeeeeeeease help !!
this file only works if the device is running official 4.3 ??? or we can flash it on stock 4.4.2 !!!
it seems wiered to me that others on this forum flashed the file and it worked with them !!!!!
pleeeeeeease help :(

V-dude

Aug 12, 2014
You can still flash it if you have 4.4.2. The file i uploaded to be flashed is just to flash the baseband not the rom itself.
Btw did you flash the file with cwm recovery?

Last edited:

ghassano015

Sep 14, 2013
You can still flash it if you have 4.4.2. The file i uploaded to be flashed is just to flash the baseband not the rom itself.
Btw did you flash the file with cwm recovery?

Thanks man for the reply :)
anyway !! yes of course we flashed the file with CWM recovery tha recovery that we used is ( n900-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125) )
we flashed it 2 times but nothing !! after flashing the baseband stays unkown and IMEI (null/null)
just one thing that the system is 4.4.2 rooted is that a problem ? should we flash the official stock 4.4.2 and then flash the file ?!!
we'v tried to wipe factory data/cash partion/ delvic cash then flashed the file still nothing !!
please help my friend is going crazy !!!

Reactions: RSBRSB

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Thanks man for the reply :)
anyway !! yes of course we flashed the file with CWM recovery tha recovery that we used is ( n900-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125) )
we flashed it 2 times but nothing !! after flashing the baseband stays unkown and IMEI (null/null)
just one thing that the system is 4.4.2 rooted is that a problem ? should we flash the official stock 4.4.2 and then flash the file ?!!
we'v tried to wipe factory data/cash partion/ delvic cash then flashed the file still nothing !!
please help my friend is going crazy !!!

That s due to a modem you update so go back to original modem. ..

V-dude

Aug 12, 2014
Ohw ok.... When i flashed the file my sim card got the read the first time i restarted my phone. I don't get why it doesn't work for your friend. What you can try to do is to download (google) other basebands for n900 and try to see if those work (it doesn't necessarily have to be 4.4.2 cuz i flashed the same 4.3 file on my 4.4.2 phone and it worked). If that doesn't work you can try to flash a stock rom and then flash a baseband ( while still in recovery mode), try the one i uploaded. just be sure to have a backup of the current rom if the stock one doesn't seem to be solution.

Maybe start with these :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475714

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed it!!!

hello Guys, i have a galaxy note 3 sm-n900 on my hand right now, the problem is that i have no data, unknown baseband and no imei (Null/Null)......is there any solution ??? thank you...

You save my life dude! Thanks alot man!
    You're welcome dude! I had the same problem too so i know how you feel :p
    Btw DaOldMan (or Thomas) is the one you need to thank...