[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CM 11.0 for Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L) (Update 20141112) 2SIM

Search This thread

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Yes, to solve the second sim signal/connection problem I turned on airplane mode, and then turned off, and second sim start working well.. (not for long )
I don't have any apps which might bê trying to automaticaly switch between 2G/3G .. This happens without data on..
This happen without any apps intalled...
I did a clean install ( wipe factory reset, cachê, and dalvik, before and after flashing)
My 2G/3G configuration is:
Sim1 - only WCDMA
Sim2 - only GSM
The solution it's turn airplane mode on, and turn it off, and Sims start working again normaly, but this Will not solve the problem for long time... I receive lots of work calls, and this only happens on second sim... I allready change Sims.. And the problem it's on the second sim slot... I test revert to official stock mk3, and this doesn't happen, only happen on cm11 ROM's...

Right now, I have no idea what's the problem. You'd have to experiment and report any other thing you find.

What if you change SIM1 to GSM and SIM2 to WCDMA? Or both to GSM? Would the problem still occur?

The best clue would be to find the exact action that you can perform to trigger the problem, but that's not easy.

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
Guyz i added gallery app to protected apps...
Now no matter what i do i cant remove it from protected app...when i untick it ...i get a message as restoring system state...
Then when i try to find gallery i can't see it...
Its a clean install..
Everything is unmodified...
Dalvik runtime
Dual sim used
No apps restored
Any help?

Last edited:

mmnspeed

Dec 15, 2013
One minor bug(if you can call it that,considering it is of not much importance).. When you turn off the phone and plug in the charger, the battery shows without the charging percentage....just thought should point it out...as I said earlier it is of no consequence whatsoever and this version of the rom is flawless...:)

Sent from my GT-I9082

amolpingle

Mar 11, 2012
Well "Dual Sim ringtone" app only works if u set none as default from advanced settings of the phone application for both sims... nd for the logs.. The dialer/contacts app I use.. it shows the logs perfectly.. it's called DW Dialer nd contacts! it also shows support swipe right/left to call/text & also supports call from both sim :good:

I was able to get "dual sim ringtone" working but "DW dialer and contacts" didn't work for me. how did you get it working?? what settings to use??

aayush.in.ff

Jun 19, 2010
I am unable to send sms from this rom or any rom based on this rom

I can receive sms though

I called customer care, they said check your message centre no., that might be messed up
But there is no option of message centre in any kitkat rom for grand

Plz help
thank you

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am unable to send sms from this rom or any rom based on this rom

I can receive sms though

I called customer care, they said check your message centre no., that might be messed up
But there is no option of message centre in any kitkat rom for grand

Plz help
thank you

*#*#4636#*#* > Phone information > SMSC

dario_1467

Feb 2, 2012
call recording failed

whenever i try to record a call with call recorder or any other app
it records a file with no sound .
it was working properly in stock rom.
please help me

Last edited:
Reactions: webspider551

vginza

May 31, 2014
can we have an option to hide avatar in Messaging in the next release. I love this ROM and will be happier if there is an option to hide or unhide avatar in Messaging.

shubham patel

Nov 27, 2013
jabalpur
www.facebook.com
battery draining & too much noise in earphone

i have found a bug bellow 25% battery is drainning too fast and when i play any music with earphone its having too much of noise thnku :eek: and can you please add otg support for our device..

SVR

May 29, 2014
Rajahmundry
i have found a bug bellow 25% battery is drainning too fast and when i play any music with earphone its having too much of noise thnku :eek: and can you please add otg support for our device..
This sort of battery behavior is present in almost all custom ROM's especially when we play video or Youtube etc. The battery falls from 25% to 0% within few minutes say 10-15 mins (The phone powers off itself). But when we keep the phone idle/standby the battery lasts for at-least 8-10 hours.
Can someone enlighten us on this issue!

shubham patel

Nov 27, 2013
jabalpur
www.facebook.com
This sort of battery behavior is present in almost all custom ROM's especially when we play video or Youtube etc. The battery falls from 25% to 0% within few minutes say 10-15 mins (The phone powers off itself). But when we keep the phone idle/standby the battery lasts for at-least 8-10 hours.
Can someone enlighten us on this issue!

what about playing music with earphone its too noisy

xenon92

May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
But how to add the sms center there??? It doesnt get updated....plz help...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

yes that problem is there

plz help anyone

It takes a few hours to get updated once you have set the correct value.
To figure out the correct value and exactly "what" to write in SMSC, pick up any other device with the same network provider and check the value there. Enter the value in the space provided on your device, and click UPDATE. Wait for a few hours and SMS will work.

This is a screenshot for my network circle.

d6LblWS.jpg

Reactions: aayush.in.ff

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
It takes a few hours to get updated once you have set the correct value.
To figure out the correct value and exactly "what" to write in SMSC, pick up any other device with the same network provider and check the value there. Enter the value in the space provided on your device, and click UPDATE. Wait for a few hours and SMS will work.

This is a screenshot for my network circle.

d6LblWS.jpg

AFAIK, the effect should be immediate.

Just be careful with the buttons. "Update" writes the value in the box to the SIM card. "Refresh" reads the value from the SIM card into the box.

Alternatively, you can just put the SIM in another phone and update it there. (The number is stored in the SIM card, not the phone.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/pawitp/android_device_samsung_i9082 and https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_i9082.

(For developers only - the patches are already included in the ROM)
    Patch to system/core for RIL to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5372673.
    Patch to hardware/broadcom/libbt for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891380.
    Patch to frameworks/native to support legacy binaries: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891421
    Patch to frameworks/native to workaround hwc issues: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/53162/ and https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891444.
    Patch to frameworks/av to fix audio/video issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7945188
    Patch to external/chromium_org to workaround hwc issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7910708
    Patch to packages/app/SamsungServiceMode to fix service mode: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/57400/
    Dual SIM Patches: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/9433442
    Patch to frameworks/opt/telephony to fix non-looping ringtone issue: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/0f400e7b5cfb9bc70c25

Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker

Downloads
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/i9082_cm11.0 (Mirror - may not contain all releases)
    ROM Delta (see FAQ): http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/i9082_cm11.0/delta
    Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Note: The ROM download page also provide a CWM-based recovery image compatible with CM 11 flashable with Odin.

What works?
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Dual SIM (Experimental - SEE FAQ)
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    • Camera (photo & video)
    • Video playback
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    • screenrecord does not work
    • FM Radio does not work (you can use SpiritFM, but I'm not providing support for any problem)
    • Stock browser does not use hardware acceleration (Please use Google Chrome)
    • Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
    • Pausing video recording does not work for more than a few seconds
    • For some users, stock camera app sometimes crash when closing the Camera (Reported; I cannot reproduce it.)
    • Cannot changed advanced settings from dialer settings (e.g. reverse lookup) when dual SIM is enabled
    • Compass in "Sygic" app (works fine in other apps)
    • Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to 4.2 before flashing

Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations:
    • Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
    • "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
    • The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
    • Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
    • 3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted

Installation
    1. Make a backup!
    2. If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to 4.2.
    3. Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    4. Reboot into recovery
    5. Wipe data if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    6. Install the ROM
    7. Optionally install the Google Apps Addon
    8. Optionally enable dual SIM support (See FAQ)

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again.

Changelog
    20141112: Based on CM-11-M12 (include many fixes to Dual SIM UX)
    20141008: Based on CM-11-M11 (include ringtone and call-log separation for each SIM)
    20140917: Based on CM-11-M10, fixed chopped pin lock screen
    20140813: Fixed unable to hear current call under call waiting
    20140812: Based on CM-11-M9, fixed haptic feedback for capacitive keys
    20140709: Fixed Rare FC in dialer settings, APN, video recording (broken in 20140708)
    20140708: Based on CM-11-M8, fixed GPS
    20140608: Android 4.4.3
    20140531: Fix wrong per-contact ringtone, fix USB tethering, advertise Bluetooth LE capability to apps
    20140527: Fix "some ringtones only ring once", fix compatibility with "Operadora DDD" app
    20140506: Fix dialing SIM Prompt
    20140505: Rebase on CM-11-M6, hopefully fixed low call volume, enable dual SIM by default
    20140407: Fix GPS satellite status display, display both IMEI in *#06#
    20140328: Fix baseband version not appearing when Dual SIM is enabled, fix FC when selecting network mode in languages other than English
    20140309: Experimental Dual SIM (see FAQ), allow either slot to be used in single SIM mode
    20140308: Rebased on CM-11-M4, added adaptive backlight
    20140211: Rebased on CM-11-M3
    20140202: Fix random camera crash
    20140121: Fix service mode, update drivers from I9082LDCUBMK3
    20140109: Fix in-call mute, fix serial number display, includes KSM, includes CIFS module
    20140101: 3.0.101 kernel, 1.3 GHz OC available
    20131225: Fix music pause-resume issue, add ISO settings in Camera, add Torch QuickSettings tile
    20131224: Fix camera issues introduced in 20131223
    20131223: Fix manual network search
    20131217: Fix high-bitrate video playback
    20131216: Fix rotation animation
    20131215: Fix delete external SD photos from gallery, Wi-Fi direct, Messaging crash on clean install
    20131214: Fixed audio artifacts, camera panorama (note: Messaging on clean is broken in this version if you perform a clean install)
    20131211: Fixed premium SMS, battery indicator, stock browser crash
    20131210: Initial release

FAQ

How do I enable/disable Dual SIM?
    starting from 20140505, Dual SIM support is enabled by default. If you only use 1 SIM and wants to disable Dual SIM support, you can use the following instruction:

Enable:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds

Disable:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none

(Instruction screenshots)

What are incremental/delta updates?
    Delta updates allow updating from one version to another downloading only the difference rather than the full ROM, for those on limited bandwidth. They are named like "cm-11-20131215_to_20131216_delta-UNOFFICIAL-i9082.zip" which means that it can be used to update from 20131215 to 20131216 (simply flash it in recovery like any other update). Delta updates will not work if you have installed custom kernels or other system modifications, including editing build.prop. In those cases, downloading the full update is recommended (flashing a full update will not wipe your data).

Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
    No. This ROM will have CyanogenMod's feature set.

Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
    No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.

Can you include call recording?
    No. CyanogenMod does not include call recording to avoid potential legal issues.

Can you add Feature X to the stock ROM?
    No. I don't work on stock ROMs.

What kernel does this ROM use?
    A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.

I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
    Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.

Can I use your ROM as a base?
    http://source.android.com/source/licenses.html

Most of Android/CyanogenMod is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official CyanogenMod. (In other words, you must say that it is based on pawitp's unofficial CyanogenMod, but is not related to CyanogenMod in any other way.)

Will you make this official CM?
    Due to the amount of work and commitment involved, I am not planning to make an official CM port.

Can contacts be saved to phone/SIM?
    No. It is not supported in AOSP-based ROMs.

Can I send files over Wi-Fi Direct?
    Yes, but you must use third-party applications. The implementation provided on Samsung ROMs is not an open standard. AOSP/CM does not provide a native way to send files over Wi-Fi Direct.

Can I mirror your ROM?
    You're free to, but I will not list it in this post.

Is overclock (OC) available?
    Since 20140101 build, 1.3 GHz OC is available in Settings -> Performance -> Processor (enable developer mode first). Higher frequencies are not enabled since benchmark does not show additional benefit.

Will feature X from a previous version of CM be implemented?
    I don't know, probably will be, eventually. I don't really involve myself in the feature-set side of CM.

Will you OTA support?
    No. CM Updater is present on the device, but it only works for official devices. I'm not interested in adding an alternative update mechanism. If you want to know when a new ROM is released, follow the rss feed at http://goo.im/rss&path=/devs/pawitp/i9082_cm11.0.

I cannot add APNs
    Make sure you set the correct MCC/MNC code, the APN will not appear otherwise. Also make sure to use menu -> save (back button means discard).

Recovery asked me "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?" (20140527)
    Short answer: "yes" or "no" doesn't matter

Long answer: Newer versions of CM starts including recovery with the ROM. However, this does not get flashed unless the "Update CM recovery" option in system settings gets ticked. If you say "no", the current recovery will not get overwritten (unless you enabled the "Update CM recovery" option), but it will continue prompting you every time. If you say "yes", CM's recovery flashing mechanism will be disabled until a newer version of the ROM is flashed.

I get "Throttle Limited Exceeded" or "We currently accept only US numbers" when an unknown number calls
    It's a bug of all CM11 ROMs with the reverse lookup code in the dialer. You can work around it by

1) Disable dual SIM
    2) Go to dialer settings and disable "reverse lookup"
    3) Re-enable dual SIM

Does this custom kernel work? Does this app work on this ROM?
    Please ask the in Q&A thread maintained by chotu22. If you're experiencing any problems while running a custom kernel or other system modifications, please remove those modifications and test again before filing a bug report.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (I9082 or I9082L):
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    ART Runtime:
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks
    - The CyanogenMod team for providing a great ROM. Without all the compatibility work which went into it, this ROM would've been much harder to make
    - My real-life friend for letting me borrow his phone to work on this
    - RampantRhino for donating a phone to help me continue with this project
    Before anyone asks, M9-equivalent will be built after I get back to Thailand (after Aug 11)
    20140308: Rebased on CM-11-M4

---

and a little bit of teaser... (please no questions, no ETA)
    Because I'm feeling generous.

20140211: Rebased on CM-11-M3.

Delta is up now. Full ROM still uploading.
    @pawitp

CM11 will soon be halted. Do you think Grand Duos will
    Reach CM12? I mean do you plan to develop CM12 to grand duos when it comes out?

It depends. I'll look at it and see if the graphic drivers, etc. work on it.

(That is, if I have time, I'm very busy in real life right now.)