ThunderRom800 - Galaxy Tab S 10.5

How's the Rom?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hi,

Just unboxed my brand new T800, time to root, TWRP's and flash this ROM ;)

Two questions before I proceed :

My "about" shows something like KOT49H.T800XXU1ANFB, is this ok ?

What about version 2 ? unstable ?

And last : did you remove some Samsung crap or ? not ?

Thx

Diego

Hey man,

First question: Yeah that's normal as I haven't updated that ;). Will do so soon, as i'm busy working on a few other things for now.

Question 2: Version 2 is stable. In the OP, there is a stable download and if you scroll down, I have added download center for betas which may have a few bugs.

And it's fully powered by aroma installer meaning you get to choose what Samsung junk you want to install or not. ;)

Hope you like it! :)

Reactions: Inkedadrenaline

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
My Antutu score with the version 5.0 is 38394 on stock... So the difference is not that great. :(

Also I've tried the beta 2.1 and my Antutu score was lower than stock and didn't feel smoother.
I'm going to wait for a couple more versions before trying again, it's not really worth it at the moment (in my opinion).

Anyway, keep up the good work Shaheer, it's headed in the right direction.

Hey,

Well antutu score isn't always everything. ;) Most important thing is how smooth it feels to you compared to stock I guess. And since it doesn't feel smoother to you then you are right in saying it's not worth it atm. A quick question, did you do an advanced wipe using TWRP for everything except internal&external storage? I've gotten a few PM's about people having low performance because they didn't clean install and they were loving it after they clean installed it.

If you got the time, I would suggest clean installing it one more time and then doing a restart and then if it is still not better than stock then you could go back to stock. :D

-Shaheer :)

Reactions: Inkedadrenaline

chetus

Jan 20, 2010
Hey,

Well antutu score isn't always everything. ;) Most important thing is how smooth it feels to you compared to stock I guess. And since it doesn't feel smoother to you then you are right in saying it's not worth it atm. A quick question, did you do an advanced wipe using TWRP for everything except internal&external storage? I've gotten a few PM's about people having low performance because they didn't clean install and they were loving it after they clean installed it.

If you got the time, I would suggest clean installing it one more time and then doing a restart and then if it is still not better than stock then you could go back to stock. :D

-Shaheer :)

Yes, I did wipe everything but the internal storage and I've had some issues after restoring from my nandroid backup (stock rom). I had to do a factory reset :(

Btw are you using the stock launcher?

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Yes, I did wipe everything but the internal storage and I've had some issues after restoring from my nandroid backup (stock rom). I had to do a factory reset :(

Btw are you using the stock launcher?

Hmm, that's strange, i've never heard of anything like this before. :confused:

I'm not using stock launcher, (if you were asking me ;)) I don't actually have the tab i'm just developing for it. :D I have a Tab Pro 10.1 and I use nova launcher on that. ;)

Reactions: Bataga

Narsil

Mar 24, 2008
Lausanne
Hey man,

First question: Yeah that's normal as I haven't updated that ;). Will do so soon, as i'm busy working on a few other things for now.

Question 2: Version 2 is stable. In the OP, there is a stable download and if you scroll down, I have added download center for betas which may have a few bugs.

And it's fully powered by aroma installer meaning you get to choose what Samsung junk you want to install or not. ;)

Hope you like it! :)

Well done ! Well, done ;) I'm running ThunderRom 2.

chetus

Jan 20, 2010
Hmm, that's strange, i've never heard of anything like this before. :confused:

I'm not using stock launcher, (if you were asking me ;)) I don't actually have the tab i'm just developing for it. :D I have a Tab Pro 10.1 and I use nova launcher on that. ;)

Oh I see :p.... It feels like I'm losing many features not using the stock launcher. But it can be pretty laggy from time to time.

tester420

Apr 9, 2011
Kids Mode FC

Trying this out.... noticed kids mode is not working with, "Unfortunately, Parental Control has stopped".

Cleared cache, reinstalled, no go. This was working on stock with root. So, root is not the issue.

Reactions: Shaheer

WarLion

Jan 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
question the 4 way reboot need to be enable? I install 2.1 but I don't have it

edit:
never mind I just had to install it again

Last edited:

Hannibal226

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Trying this out.... noticed kids mode is not working with, "Unfortunately, Parental Control has stopped".

Cleared cache, reinstalled, no go. This was working on stock with root. So, root is not the issue.

I wanted to test the kids mode, but couldn't find it.
Or do u mean just another profile with less privileges?

And where the problem appears? While set this or going into?

CHEERS ;)

tester420

Apr 9, 2011
I wanted to test the kids mode, but couldn't find it.
Or do u mean just another profile with less privileges?

And where the problem appears? While set this or going into?

CHEERS ;)

Kids mode is a Samsung app. This ROM gives a shortcut which downloads that app (about 120mb) and then it installs kids camera, kids recorder etc. apks that work together as kids mode. Not another profile in android (app itself has different profiles for different kids...that's another story.). App installs fine but parental controls fails. I am thinking it might be due to Samsung account. I didn't select it in aroma. Will install and post results.

Edit: no, selecting Samsung account has no effect. Also, couple things here, aroma installs help even when it is not selected. Both in 2.0 and 2.1 (yes, just tried it). Also 2.1 aroma at the end of install, logged that some permissions were not set . Just an FYI. Using TWRP and wiped data+system, cache+dalvik, as well as factory reset. Flashed this few times after full wipes and the results are same.

On the other hand, the 2.1 "feels" faster (didn't run any benchmarks). Looking forward to 2.1 complete version

Last edited:

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Kids mode is a Samsung app. This ROM gives a shortcut which downloads that app (about 120mb) and then it installs kids camera, kids recorder etc. apks that work together as kids mode. Not another profile in android (app itself has different profiles for different kids...that's another story.). App installs fine but parental controls fails. I am thinking it might be due to Samsung account. I didn't select it in aroma. Will install and post results.

Edit: no, selecting Samsung account has no effect. Also, couple things here, aroma installs help even when it is not selected. Both in 2.0 and 2.1 (yes, just tried it). Also 2.1 aroma at the end of install, logged that some permissions were not set . Just an FYI. Using TWRP and wiped data+system, cache+dalvik, as well as factory reset. Flashed this few times after full wipes and the results are same.

On the other hand, the 2.1 "feels" faster (didn't run any benchmarks). Looking forward to 2.1 complete version

Ah I remember, this app with a crocodile logo xD.

I'll test it later when I can, ad I don't have the Samsung store on my device atm.

CHEERS

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro

So I don't have it anymore and even not the samsung account.
So when u share the apk to me I can try to get it otherwise another one has to test it.

CHEERS

tester420

Apr 9, 2011
Well, that's the thing, either the aroma is not working properly or something because selecting Samsung account doesn't install it. I used titanium backup and Samsung account is not listed. Plus I cannot add Samsung account under accounts, only Google account type can be added.

I uninstalled it for testing and now the shortcut is also gone. I'll send it once I reflash this again.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Testing update:

Quad multitasking works. 4 way reboot menu is not working.
Aroma Installs Help even when it is not selected and Samsung Account is not installed even when selected. Always tested after factory wipe and full clean wipe.

reef88

Jan 9, 2014
I've literally tried downloading this over 10 times and the download always seems to have some kind of error before it's completed. One time it happened with 10 seconds left. I don't know what else to do but keep trying I wish there was a torrent on this.

tester420

Apr 9, 2011
The download is working fine as of last night.

Aroma install reports "set perm: some settings can't be changed. .." or some thing to that effect towards the end of installation. I saved the log but it was blank/empty.

Saheer I like this rom and would like to help if need any.

I have downloaded the "removed apks" and will try restoring them to see if kids mode works. But this permissions issue is something needs to be looked at along with some other things I have mentioned in previous replies.

Hannibal226

Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The download is working fine as of last night.

Aroma install reports "set perm: some settings can't be changed. .." or some thing to that effect towards the end of installation. I saved the log but it was blank/empty.

Saheer I like this rom and would like to help if need any.

I have downloaded the "removed apks" and will try restoring them to see if kids mode works. But this permissions issue is something needs to be looked at along with some other things I have mentioned in previous replies.

Yep, already reported: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55010748

But anyway it seems like it worked. It's just the new engine affected otherwise ;)

CHEERS

reef88

Jan 9, 2014
Do I perform a full wipe before flashing this rom?

Well I performed a full wipe, flashed ROM, but I still have all the apps and bloatware that I didnt' want. Wasnt aroma supposed to not install these?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    33ym3j4.png

2mct91e.png

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OF ANY SORT.
    BY FLASHING THIS YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS.
    PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!​

14ta2d0.png

"Installed the rom. Loved the aroma customized setup. So far so good.
    Running smoothly . Runs faster then stock. Also much more ram free. Thanks a lot!"
    Toofimoofi

"...Worked great. Very responsive. Loving this rom."
    Truballa11

"I've to say Shaheer really good work.
    Especially all the possibilities to choose how you want to setup your system."
    Hannibal226

t7g9qr.png

If you think my rom is great and worth the while, please consider a donation.
    It's not necessary but it does make me feel appreciated.
    http://bit.ly/1x5RIYY - Paypal Donation
    Google Play Redemption Code would work as well. ;)

2z4xt3l.png
    • Mitchellvii for taking his time to contact me (and other devs) in order to get this rom made. Also for creating the logo at top for me. :)
    • Eousphoros for the Wi-Fi fix suggestion (that didn't work but ended up leading me in the right direction) ;)
    • Ewells38 for rapidly testing each beta I sent out & providing the ROM dump for V2:highfive:
    • Gunthermic for getting me started on rom development
    • Anyone else I didn't mention :p

2zstdtz.png

You can either write a reply in the comments, PM me, or send an email (click on the word email).

XDA:DevDB Information
    ThunderRom800- Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Stock: Rooted,DeBloated,Zipaligned,DeOdexed ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    Shaheer
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-24

Created 2014-08-06
    Last Updated 2014-12-25
    Downloads

ThunderRom800
    "Simplifying Your Experience"​

2lcxzif.png

• Make sure your tablet is a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (SM-T800)
    • Make sure your tablet has 50% battery remaining or more
    • The ROM downloaded correctly
    • You know what you're doing
    • You know the risks involved

2ut3pl2.png

• Stock T800XXU1ANK1 Base (USA NK1!)
    • Stock Kernel
    • Rooted
    • DeBloated
    • DeOdexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Init.D Support
    • Knoxless
    • BusyBox
    • Permissions Fix
    • Build.prop Tweaks For Awesome Performance
    • Graphics Tweaks
    • Battery Tweaks
    • CrossBreeder! (As of V2)

4tslfn.png

• Root may not be functional (Someone please test this)
    • Please Report

24pezbs.png

ThunderRom800 Version 1.0
    ThunderRom800 Version 2.0
    ThunderRom800 Version 3.0 MD5: 12a3d55f976fc7c3833746fdad99b3b8

Changelog:
    Version 3.0:

• Updated ROM to NK1 Firmware- USA Base
    • Updated Some Apks's
    • Fixes for more stability
    • Added my own made wallpaper (How is it? ;))
    • Themed quick toggle icons
    • Removed Quad Multitasking (Will add back later) :good:
    • Removed 4 Way Reboot Menu (Will add back later) :good:
    • You'll like this one :D

If you liked this version please consider donating as this took me a complete rebuild to make. I finally got a PayPal and I'll add that info in shortly. ;)
    Reserved

OUTDATED!!!!!!

mjaex3.png

For Betas

Changelog:
    • Adrenaline Engine!
    • 4 Way Reboot Menu (Thanks to @EMSpilot)
    • Quad Multitasking (Testing This & Thanks to @Itchiee)
    • More build.prop tweaks for graphics performance boost

Things To Check:
    • Please check to see if the 4 Way reboot menu works
    • Please check to see if quad-multitasking is working
    • Report back how fast the tablet feels compared to V2 ;)
    Hello everyone!,

I'll finally be able to look at the ROM and fix things up this Friday hopefully. I apologize for the long wait and all but trigonometry and other classes aren't too easy. (I'm barely getting time to even work on anything lol). Anyway, I had a favor to ask as well. I know I can go back through all the ~20-25 some pages of the thread to see all the issues but it would take a while, so I was wondering if someone could post a list of what's not working/what's broken. It would be a great help to me and save me some time! :D

Thanks for understanding!,

-Shaheer ;)
    Hello everyone,

Hope everyone's doing well. I'd like to apologize for not responding to comments and giving updates. I was busy as I was on vacation and I just got back on Saturday and fell ill yesterday. Started feeling better today so it's back to more development. I see that people are having numerous issues and i'll do my best to resolve them.

Thanks for understanding! :eek: