[ROM] W03 Slim / CM - See post #5410 for 5.1+

On the fly DPI change breaks Font size options. Do you want to see this feature?

• Bring on the fly DPI, change DPI setting no reboot

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Keep font size options

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

DConrad2010

Jul 18, 2010
Temasek v3.76x02 -decaf

After a couple of random reboots with V25 a couple of days when it came out, I went to Willl03's site and downloaded the kernal Temasek v3.76x02 -decaf, flashed it and haven't had a random reboot or a hiccup.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

encho

Jul 10, 2010
How is 'regular' slim compared to this one now since they fixed those issues, stability wise? Is Will going to put caffeine back, or stick with decaf? :)

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
Do you have a clue as to how much work and time go into building a Rom - Devs are working on building and troubleshooting while you're sleeping .... Don't ask for etas

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
http://slimroms.net/index.php/faqandmanual/slimbean/120-kitkat

Lol pathetic

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

I'm not asking for etas .... And that answer should be from the Dev ... The razon why I ask straight out like that is cuz lots of devs they just stop working on projects or get to busy on another devices ...

moccor

Apr 3, 2011
So I've used Jedi Elite, Darthstalker and Slim ROM's for a while. Not to start trouble but the Slim was by far the fastest and yielded the best battery life in my opinion, while also offering the most features and responsiveness. I remember back on the Droid X, custom ROMs destroyed the modded stock versions, but then on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus the ROMs seemed to not offer much of a improvement in terms of battery life or performance (may be just my experience) but there is definitely a big difference when comparing this ROM to others.

Reactions: docnok63

friedCELLS

Sep 17, 2010
San Diego
Google Pixel 4 XL
I just got a Note 3 a couple days ago. Am amazed at all the cool features. This Rom looks good and I'm interested in flashing it. Now with previous phones, I wouldn't need to ask this next question as I wouldn't be worried about losing any features. I checked the OP and have been reading but can't seem to figure out what I'd lose by flashing AOSP. Will I still have all the S-Pen features, one hand mode, split windows, gestures, etc? I also dig the stock camera on this. Will I lose that and get AOSP camera? Thanks for your time.

Snottierwhale

Jan 6, 2014
Sacramento
I just got a Note 3 a couple days ago. Am amazed at all the cool features. This Rom looks good and I'm interested in flashing it. Now with previous phones, I wouldn't need to ask this next question as I wouldn't be worried about losing any features. I checked the OP and have been reading but can't seem to figure out what I'd lose by flashing AOSP. Will I still have all the S-Pen features, one hand mode, split windows, gestures, etc? I also dig the stock camera on this. Will I lose that and get AOSP camera? Thanks for your time.

S-pen will only work as a stylus, no air command. No one hand mode, xposed can get u split windows. You will lost stock camera but there are plenty of good cameras like Google camera or lenovo supercamera.

Reactions: friedCELLS

moccor

Apr 3, 2011
You will lose 4K recording and I'm pretty sure there is no way to enable any apps for multi-window. S-Pen features you can get back, One hand mode you will also lose (though SlimPIE is way better imo).

Reactions: friedCELLS

didopidobg

Nov 18, 2008
Hello guys,

I'm coming from stock 4.3 rom. Should I install a stock 4.4 before flashing this rom for the new bootloader?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

nexx2014

Dec 3, 2013
Phoenix

Spen is dependent on TouchWiz from Samsung so with AOSP you lose them BUT there are apps to simulate the feature such as "CM11 spen add-on" and "Note buddy (spen helper) you can make a pop up window show when you pull out the spen to select apps you put in there or even auto launch a single app. Last update to the app they got spen botton working too. Papyrus for taking notes. Sketch app and photoshop for drawing.

Then for multi windows google search "How to Add Multi-Window on Any Rooted Android Smartphone/Tablet!" And you can get muti-window tab with xposed floting window is built in now to the rom but doesnt have a top window bar yet like in roms like Liquidsmooth.

AOSP camera imo is not that bad but you do lose it you can flash other cameras or get on off the app store to your liking.

Gesters you can get off a custom launch such as Nova launcher.

So you decide if all that work for you but for me it works out great and still get awesome battery life.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Hello guys,

I'm coming from stock 4.3 rom. Should I install a stock 4.4 before flashing this rom for the new bootloader?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

If your still on the old bootloader and baseband then I do think you should update. For me i was having lots of issues with this rom (be a a while back like v15 i think) random reboots apps crashing till i odin stock 4.4 then reflashed the rom been running great since.

Reactions: otisman and Senyaka

friedCELLS

Sep 17, 2010
San Diego
Google Pixel 4 XL
@nexx2014

Man, you saved me days of potential reading to get all those answers. It often takes a while to get familiar with a new phone and new forums. Much appreciated. Still confused about these Note 3 forums though. Haven't figured out why there's an original T-Mo note 3 forum, and the regular T-Mo forum, and a general note 3 forum that also has some stuff for the T-Mo Note 3. A little overwhelming at first trying to look through it all to find the best stuff. Always just had 1 forum to look through. Sorry for OT. And sorry for the deleted posts. I kept getting a server error and not showing that it posted, tried again and again before I saw that it was still posting :what:

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
Help ... Its there a way to install the gs5 keyboard and make it work on these ROM ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post #5410 for 5.1+ builds

w03-slim-kat.png

I am proud to present to you W03 Slim. This is a build forked off SlimKat with added features and tweaks under the hood. A huge thanks to the devs for the bases making this possible. Slim for their rom, CM for their device tree, and teams like PA, AOKP, Omni, etc for their features.

This won't be the AOSP rom with a thousand features, if that's your thing there are better alternatives. Ultimate battery, performance and reliability OUT OF THE BOX, that's the goal of the rom. When a feature gets in it's been tested to be bugless and high quality. SlimRoms has always been my favorite source so I added my layer of features and tweaks over it, made for our device and it's hardware, more than a bot building the same source for 15 different devices.

Feature List
    • Slim based
    • Edits/tweaks to make this build absolutely fly
    • W03 Slim kernel
    • Native call recording
    • Heads Up with many options
    • Peek
    • Floating windows
    • Lockscreen blur
    • Lockscreen notifications
    • Circle app bar
    • TRDS (blacked out phone UI)
    • SlimPIE
    • Slim recents and options
    • Stock recents with ram bar and clear all button options
    • Dialer lookup
    • Custom lockscreen targets
    • Customizable nav bar and power menu
    • Status bar options (clock, date, network speed, etc.)
    • Full hardware key rebinding
    • Notification drawer Shortcuts
    • Notifications and Quick Settings options
    • Custom system animations
    • ListView animations
    • Many more

Instructions

Coming from Samsung / other AOSP roms
    • Wipe Caches + Data / Factory Reset
    • Install Rom
    • Install Gapps
    • Reboot

Coming from previous versions of this rom
    • Wipe Caches
    • Install Rom
    • Install Gapps
    • Reboot

THANKS TO

• SlimRoms team
    • CM team
    • ParanoidAndroid team
    • Yank555
    • Temasek
    • scott.hart.bti
    • apascual89
    • Cristiano Matos
    • AOKP
    • All other coders for making this possible!

THANKS TO OTISMAN AND SLICE2011 FOR THE T-MO NOTE 3

Source

My Github
    SlimRoms Github

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    Screenshots

1.png
    2.png
    3.png

4.png
    5.png
    6.png

7.png
    8.png
    9.png

Known Issues

- NFC is not working on TMO Note 3 AOSP

Changelogs

Rom changelog
    Kernel changelog

DOWNLOADS

Download TWRP recovery

Download Rom - GSM (hlte, hltetmo, hltecan, hlteatt)
    Download Rom - Sprint

Download W03 Slim Kernel
    Yank kernel - download & forums

Download Gapps

To get ROOT

Go to Developer options and set Root access to Apps ad ADB

To use CM themes on this rom

Xposed
    with
    HKThemeManager

This rom works on

Note 3 GT-N900T, GT-N9005, GT-N900W8, and all HLTE variants on 4.3 and 4.4 bootloaders

If your sd card isnt working

Format it to fat32
    Will is hard at work doing some builds. Hopefully soon we can see some good stuff coming out. As for upgrading bootloader as long as you're on the 4.4 Kk bootloader you shouldn't have any issues.

Hey guys, I am sorry to say I'm stopping my android development

With the arrival of 5.0 and it's trouble on Slim Note 3, android has taken way too much time and I've been neglecting the rest, music, work friends, family and else. Things needed to change and because I cannot resist working on android until it's bugless, this morning I've deleted all my android stuff.

It's been an awesome ride with you guys, I'm more than happy with where we've got on 4.4, beyond expectations

We've got some awesome devs, roms and kernels on Note 3, sure we'll be in good hands with what's available to us, Temasek, SlimRoms, Yank and the others I'll be happy to try and discover

Sincere thanks to everyone, wish you good for the future
    V25 is uploaded

decaf.jpg

This is the huge one for us, project deCAF

In a few words, CAF is some bleeding-edge, experimental code for Qualcomm devices

CM loves CAF. And they push CAF changes quicker than they can test, resulting in a mess, then other sources like Slim merge it too

This is where we fork, I've reverted the problematic repos before the "CAF-attack" that happened this summer, then brought back the non-CAF changes. The result is more AOSP, less CAF troubles in our rom

mdss crashes and random reboots are gone, HD Youtube video playback is fixed

Link to repos for devs is in third post of the OP

-----------

In this project we have the chance to team with @Yank555, who takes care of the deCAF kernel included in the rom, hats off to him!!

See Yank555 deCAF kernel thread on his forum: http://yank555-lu.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=373

*This release breaks support for kernels that rely on newer CAF code*

V25+ deCAF compatible kernels

----------

Changelog:
    • Note 3: deCAF frameworks av / native, media / display-caf-new, stagefright-plugins and kernel. Closer to AOSP, less experimental code. No more mdss random reboots.
    • Yank555 has teamed with us in this project., his deCAF v1.0a kernel is built-in. Hats off to him!
    • This version breaks support for kernels based on newer CAF code. Only compatible with Yank555 deCAF kernels, Temasek v3.76, and LK v3.1
    • Fix YouTube HD videos playback
    • Fix Bluetooth wakelock
    • Fix time and date in recovery, time_daemon
    • Updated mpdecision lib
    • Circle app bar ribbon
    • Heads Up: Option to disable on lockscreen
    • Settings: Clean Misc tweaks / hide FC popup setting
    • Misc updates & improvements

----------

The rom is now on Android File Host, best out there o/

Download Rom