[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds for SGH-I747

Search This thread

droidgeek99

Jul 3, 2012
www.techfirestudio.com
Used to have issues like that at work because of flaky internet, I would lose connection to Google servers and thus push notifications. Usually just turning the screen on and waiting 5 seconds would make it reconnect.

Haven't had this issue since we got a mega wifi antenna that goes through walls...

Yeah that makes sense. But what's interesting to note is that it worked fine on my old LG Optimus T that had even worse WiFi connection. And the new phone is the only change in my home network.

Also it's not only when sleeping that the problem occurs. Notifications just don't come in at all period until I open the respective apps. Problem happens on other WiFi networks too. And also when I'm in my office only 10ft from the router.

All this leads me to believe that it is the phone or the ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Yeah that makes sense. But what's interesting to note is that it worked fine on my old LG Optimus T that had even worse WiFi connection. And the new phone is the only change in my home network.

Also it's not only when sleeping that the problem occurs. Notifications just don't come in at all period until I open the respective apps. Problem happens on other WiFi networks too. And also when I'm in my office only 10ft from the router.

All this leads me to believe that it is the phone or the ROM.

Which modem are you running? Which rom too? Clean flash or dirty flash?

You can see if you lost connection to Google servers by the icon color change for wifi/data. If possible for you, try to see if your notifications popup if you disable wifi and stay only on data. Then you'll know if it seems wifi related.

droidgeek99

Jul 3, 2012
www.techfirestudio.com

You can see if you lost connection to Google servers by the icon color change for wifi/data. If possible for you, try to see if your notifications popup if you disable wifi and stay only on data. Then you'll know if it seems wifi related.

Baseband modem is I747UCUEMJB
I'm running the CM11 d2lte official nightly for the i747 device. See screen shot.

My WiFi connection is always a gray/white color, when I used ICS 4.0 on my old phone it would change blue but since kitkat it has always between white.

I don't have a phone plan at all. Just use it on WiFi so can't do that one unfortunately.

Attachments

• 1411167802811.jpg
    1411167802811.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 258

droidgeek99

Jul 3, 2012
www.techfirestudio.com

Found a solution!!!
Google Play Services is the culprit. If I force close it or any of the Google Service processes they simply restart and within seconds notifications for emails and messages hours old begin flooding in.

So using Advanced Task Manager I set it to kill Google play services every minute. Now notifications come in within 1 min time.

Hope Google fixes their problem in goggle play services soon cause even automated it gets annoying.

hizhonor

Dec 7, 2008
St. Louis MO
Yes, exact same problem. I've done just about every nightly since about M9. I first noticed it last weekend, and thought it was a one-off. It's happened once more since. For me I only use bluetooth in the car and I receive very few calls when driving so I don't know when this started. I usually say "hello" a ba-jillion times for about 10 seconds, give up, hang up, call them back, and everything is fine. So it's only incoming. I was going to do a full wipe, just in case it was all of the nightly upgrades so I'm glad it's not that. I've also removed my car from my phone and my phone from my car and then reconnected them both, etc, to see if something was just confused. But since it always works great when I initiate the call I don't know what could be confused. And since I rarely receive calls in the car, 3-4 per month, I don't know when this started. I've read through the changelogs for the last week or two and didn't see anything interesting.

bottom line: it's not just you, but I don't have better info for you, sorry.

Appears it's kernel related. It's a known issue now and relates to 3.4.103. Load an earlier kernel and it's working fine on the 9/20 nightly. I flashed Quantumkernel from 7/25 and I'm back in business.

Steve

Reactions: kmarc33

kmarc33

Aug 29, 2013
New Jersey
Appears it's kernel related. It's a known issue now and relates to 3.4.103. Load an earlier kernel and it's working fine on the 9/20 nightly. I flashed Quantumkernel from 7/25 and I'm back in business.

Steve

Thanks, it's in jira here:

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES-123

Unfortunately I'm one of the people that also lost GPS using nightlies. I clean flashed M10 a few days ago, GPS worked, still no bluetooth. I then updated to 9/20 and lost GPS again. This morning I clean flashed M10 again. GPS is back. I've got a really busy week coming up and can't play with my phone until next weekend so I'm just going to wait. I'm thinking about, next weekend, clean flashing the latest nightly and seeing if I have GPS. If I do, great, then I can worry about bluetooth, if not I'll nandroid back to M10. But I use GPS a lot (I run or bike almost every day). I don't want to sacrifice GPS trying to get bluetooth. Dealing with both issues at the same time isn't fun. I've never actually flashed a new kernel. I've got a pretty good readme for clean flashing but it's still time consuming. I don't want another variable right now. But thanks for the info about Quantum, I also read in the jira ticket that an older BMS will work too.

Tanker Bob

There are several that seem to work. I picked Quantumkernel because I've been on and off his ROMs for several months and have been happy with things. BMS and Lean would have been my next stops. Try 'em all and let us know what you think.

Steve

Thanks for your input. I'm tossing a coin as my nandroid backup runs. :)

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I tried both the Quantumkernel 7/25 (based on 3.4.99) and the BMS 20140806 kernel (based on 3.4.101). Both fixed the Bluetooth headset problem. I stuck with the BMS because it had newer CM commits included. Thanks for your invaluable help, Steve!

comdei

Dec 9, 2010
Just installed cm-11-20140916-SNAPSHOT-M10-d2lte.zip and lost all of my APNs. I have no data, nor can I make calls. How do I fix this? it was a clean flash.

ScOULaris

Mar 30, 2012
Just installed cm-11-20140916-SNAPSHOT-M10-d2lte.zip and lost all of my APNs. I have no data, nor can I make calls. How do I fix this? it was a clean flash.

All you can do is input the APN info manually for your carrier at this point. Either that or restore from a Nandroid backup that was made before this happened.

comdei

Dec 9, 2010
Would that also cause a UNKNOWN IMEA/SV?

Link to new modems? I'll give that a shot first.

kmarc33

Aug 29, 2013
New Jersey
Reactions: comdei

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.X (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the support thread for CM11 on the AT&T Galaxy S3. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Known issues:
    Recording video can sometimes result in strange things happening. This includes random reboots or discoloration of the video stream.

Install instructions:
    1. Install TWRP Recovery for "d2att".
    2. Download your correct; updated bootloader/modem from here, and here.
    3. Get the nightly build here.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install both.

d2lte is all inclusive. It works with all of the phones listed here.

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them. (Or just follow the link below.)

I prefer this.

Follow the changelog!
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/d2lte/
    Turning Wi-Fi on... fixed!

Very odd. I even downloaded 8/4 directly and clean flashed to see if it was something to do with cyandelta, but alas, no Wi-Fi. Dirty flash back to 7/21 brings back Wi-Fi every time.

Flashed M9, and no suprise, NO WI-FI... stuck at "Turning Wi-Fi on", no MAC address in the advanced settings page...

Welp, I dug into the logs, and was getting the following:
    • I/WifiService trying to set country code to XX with persist set to true
    • E/Failed to set country code

Which led me to this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569937

So I decided on a whim to boot the phone without the SIM card in. Voila, Wi-Fi working!!! Fully shutdown phone with everything back in place and all is well.

I have no idea what would have changed to cause this, but hopefully this helps others. Flash addiction resume. :victory:
    Good news(unconfirmed)

We can hope for the CM12 in near future for our device. CM has started work on CM12 for our device. I was going through the github and noticed the CM12 tree for our device

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_d2/tree/cm-12.0
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_d2-common/tree/cm-12.0

Reports are hinting for the CM nightlies to be available by end of November or early December. Fingers crossed

I think invisiblek is the man behind this development

I was planning to purchase new device, but if CM continues the development I will stay.

Enjoy!!
    CM

Hey guys, I just finished uploading to the build server I use. Let's see how this server fares before deciding to switch to AFH (consistency issues). If it turns out that a lot of you guys really want another hosting site, I will gladly set it up (except Dropbox, Google Drive, or MEGA because of download hits / annoying compliance issues)

But without further ado, http://downloads.codefi.re/pandasa123/CM12/Samsung/d2att

Have fun flashing and give me some time to set a thread up. Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Also, here is the thread link. Banter / off-topic is allowed, but keep it respectful. I'll let you guys use it as a Q/A too as long as you guys search before posting

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/orig-development/rom-cm12-d2att-alpha-builds-t2959561
    Hello. I didn't see an m8 on the download page. Could you point me in the right direction please? Unless m7 is the latest. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

M7 was posted June 8th, M8 will be posted around the 1st week of July probably per xda M7 update Sunday: "To get ahead of the inevitable questions, this release is based on Android 4.4.2. The 4.4.3 source has been merged into CM for nightlies, but given the source code was only made available last week, we chose not to rush the new code into the stable branch. There will be plenty of things to address with 4.4.3 in time for our M8 release next month."
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m7-released