Publish your battery !

Search This thread

Jan 12, 2010
Guys,one thing making me wonder that what is actual meaning of 'Screen on Time' in case of MotoX ?

Question is do the battery monitor includes screen on time of active notifications also in the SoT stats ?
If so then the 4 hours of SOT may be just 3 hours or so in reality ?? !!!

:confused:

now that you mentioned it, i think it counts. so yeah, it may be only 3h SOT. that's still better than what i get, which is 1.5h on my Nexus 4 :p

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
now that you mentioned it, i think it counts. so yeah, it may be only 3h SOT. that's still better than what i get, which is 1.5h on my Nexus 4 :p

Then its not at all good for me because I have been using a Atrix2 with 1735 mah battery and it gives me SoT of around 2.5-3 hours. And it hardly manages morning to evening on single charge if phone is heavily used and that kind of backup is on lower side for my usage pattern :(

The poor battery backup was one of the main reason I got irked for upgrade and thought that the MotoX will atleast be 130-140% better than Atrix2 since its got modern efficient hardware but looks like its not turning out that better. :(

I feel a revised version with the missing out things will soon come out once company will start getting the feedbacks. :eek:

Jan 12, 2010
Then its not at all good for me because I have been using a Atrix2 with 1735 mah battery and it gives me SoT of around 2.5-3 hours. And it hardly manages morning to evening on single charge if phone is heavily used and that kind of backup is on lower side for my usage pattern :(

The poor battery backup was one of the main reason I got irked for upgrade and thought that the MotoX will atleast be 130-140% better than Atrix2 since its got modern efficient hardware but looks like its not turning out that better. :(

I feel a revised version with the missing out things will soon come out once company will start getting the feedbacks. :eek:

the revised version will be next year :p

yeah, i suggest you wait. i will try to somehow see how the SOT is. i don't want to turn off active display, but i may need to so i can test. actually, i think there is an app that will probably show better usage of my battery, so i may use that to test

Reactions: Jack Sparrow xda

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
the revised version will be next year :p

yeah, i suggest you wait. i will try to somehow see how the SOT is. i don't want to turn off active display, but i may need to so i can test. actually, i think there is an app that will probably show better usage of my battery, so i may use that to test
Thanks, :D

BTW I am already with no option other than waiting since the phone is launching today in our country, that too only in three color combinations and I think it will take some time till few more colour combination are made available. We never got Moto Maker facility with previosu X as well, we just got few preset combinations to choose from in.

Anyways which back cover you ordered? If plastic then please review the plastic cover also. Want to know if some different kind of soft touch plastic or the ordinary plastic we get with Samsung, LG, HTC etc :)

Jan 12, 2010
Thanks, :D

BTW I am already with no option other than waiting since the phone is launching today in our country, that too only in three color combinations and I think it will take some time till few more colour combination are made available. We never got Moto Maker facility with previosu X as well, we just got few preset combinations to choose from in.

Anyways which back cover you ordered? If plastic then please review the plastic cover also. Want to know if some different kind of soft touch plastic or the ordinary plastic we get with Samsung, LG, HTC etc :)

i tried looking for an app to monitor apps using the screen and i can't find one, so i won't be able to properly test it. i will post what i think about the plastic when i do get it

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I agree, if it's such a concern get the charger. Most people buy an extra battery for devices that have removable batteries. I also think phone usage is based upon a individuals job.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

sailindawg

May 13, 2012
i tried looking for an app to monitor apps using the screen and i can't find one, so i won't be able to properly test it. i will post what i think about the plastic when i do get it

If your usage is consistent, run one day with active display / notifications on, one day off to compare any differences due to active display.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
uhhh 4-5 hours of screen on time is really good. 5hrs with wifi especially since it has already been proven that you'll actually save more juice if you have a good network connection versus wifi. very happy to see these screen shots.

Infekxion

Jun 7, 2011
O'Fallon
SOT is SOT no matter whats using it. I used my 2013 for 2 days as an alarm and listening to music and by the time it was in the red it had 20 minutes on screen.

Sent from my XT1097 Victara

Infekxion

Jun 7, 2011
O'Fallon
uploadfromtaptalk1411609403758.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411609413677.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411609427487.jpg Results from today, I had the luxury of a day off so I didn't get to see how well it'll hold up on LTE. Screen set on max brightness, Arcus weather syncing every two hours.

Sent from my XT1097 Victara

Infekxion

Jun 7, 2011
O'Fallon
If on LTE, maybe it'll be 2 hours less

Sent from my Nexus 4
Wouldn't doubt it. On my N5 I go from 7am to about 12am with 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hrs SOT before it gets in the red but I don't text and drive so I'm not gonna YouTube while forklifting. In other words I don't use my phone much at work. I'll have to go to park one day and watch some Netflix to really test it out.

Sent from my Hammerhead

Jan 12, 2010
As requested, I activated GNow and Location with High Precision, without Location Report at G+.

The usage was Tapatalk, WhatsApp, YouTube, Chrome, Flipboard.

Morning: 4G all along.
Evening: WiFi and 4G.
Night: 4G until 9pm then WiFi.

ec91fd28464879f46e22d8d7ba646a2b.jpg

4fd44fdae77a8987e6d19aa6c35c40e1.jpg

be1b662250c2c333dc3841691b6c83b6.jpg
Wow. That's all I can say. Impressive

Sent from my Nexus 4

km8j

Dec 9, 2012
Ironic... People who love the original X wanted a bigger battery and hate the size of the new X. Moto is basically advertising for the Z3 compact. LOL.

Reactions: cpurick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As requested, I activated GNow and Location with High Precision, without Location Report at G+.

The usage was Tapatalk, WhatsApp, YouTube, Chrome, Flipboard.

Morning: 4G all along.
    Evening: WiFi and 4G.
    Night: 4G until 9pm then WiFi.

ec91fd28464879f46e22d8d7ba646a2b.jpg

4fd44fdae77a8987e6d19aa6c35c40e1.jpg

be1b662250c2c333dc3841691b6c83b6.jpg
    Daily usage:

462bddcfcf29ed9c82f253d57d20c305.jpg

99b4384c63ae5d5d611e7dc9dfb315ab.jpg

a9c5ec82ec10bdb38d3ae42a65181610.jpg

Weekend, almost full WiFi...

93c2c0db552bc928bab853b20bdd5a4f.jpg

8b8c368abdadb5a93430f90ab31e5a9b.jpg

654dcb3989ca531489adfedcf36b0cc8.jpg

Conclusions:

Better than before.

Beautiful antenna. No more hopping signal.

Great governor. Deepsleep is almost immediately.

Overall, great battery life for me and my usage.
    I have never owned a phone with a bigger battery! It's not small, it's just that the other batteries are really big. I don't know if it would have been possible to fit in a bigger capacity battery without compromising on other things (dimension/weight), if Motorola could have than it is indeed a shame otherwise I am fine with 2300 mAh. Most people don't continuously use their phone either, they work, check notifications, answer them, make a few call, text a bit. I guess the moto x isn't going to be your phone if you need it for an in flight entertainment system on intercontinental flights but my prediction is that for day to day use it will hold out pretty well against other flagships

Seriously.

People are talking about needing 7 hours of screen-on time, that's a non-stop flight from New York to London. Sorry, I don't ever need my phone to have that much battery because I never go through a day with more than 1.5-3 hours of the screen on...like most people.

And what's the difference between having a Moto X and an external battery like the Moto Power Pack, or carrying a giant Note 3/4 and an extra battery? None as far as I can tell..so what good does that bigger, removable battery do? Nothing for the average user, in my opinion..
    Well, the results i got so far are average , like i was expecting it to be.. I'm a heavy user, so my comparison is with other phones that i own.

The battery duration for me seems to be close to Galaxy S5, i just wake up in the mourning take the phone off the charger and start my day, reading news, emails, lots of whatsapp messaging, very few calls but with full bars calls don't use much battery, i use Bluetooth music streaming on my commute to work , WiFi on, location on high accuracy , Google now on, high brightness on the screen (85%) . and i played for about 40 minutes of gaming , 4G always on with medium signal, if i switch to 3G i get full bars and better battery life.

So far i have 33% left , 2h 45m screen on , 6h 34m on battery .. For a reference with about the same usage right now with my Xperia Z2 i would have around 57 % . And my Nexus 5 with android L preview would have 10% at the best.

I know people can squeeze much more usage from their battery , but personally i never got near what people brag what they got on posts with 6h SOT , 2 days stand by etc..

I'll update the results later, the phone is new, it's the first battery cycle so i think it will get bit better after 2 or 3 days.
    Sorry guys i have to charge my phone now coz im going to pick up a friend at the airport and will need to charge the phone a little , i will need to use the GPS and i don't know if 14% will get thru ..

So far , the results attach are as i stated , all things on, at least 1h of gaming, lot of e-mails , texting every 5 minutes and about 40 min, of streaming audio using bluetooth.