Petition about possibility to unlock bootloader in G3

Search This thread

p13

Aug 24, 2007
Who cares if it's a workaround or not. Our phones are now free to do what we want with. Quit your whining and enjoy your phone.
It's not free. It's a workaround, and there could be side-effects.
There is a good chance that the phone will get bricked after an official update, hence the "whining".
But keep trying to change my mind this way, there's no telling if you'd ever be successful.

john0699

Aug 13, 2013
Kundl / Austria
There is a good chance that the phone will get bricked after an official update, hence the "whining".
But keep trying to change my mind this way, there's no telling if you'd ever be successful.
It's not a workaround!!! It's a true unlock!!! Ask thecubed. He said that in a verizon forum about a question from another user.

Jagdish84

Account currently disabled
May 1, 2010
GB
meettomy.site

Why would you accept ota updates whilst on a custom rom? You can disable the ota mechanism or if anything goes wrong flash back to stock...

Sent from my caseless LG G3, because I believe in myself

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Then don't use it
And maybe you should provide us with a true unlock method or bettor yet just sell your g3 if you even have one..

PS added to ignore list just like all the other whiners in the g3 forums

Reactions: oska3

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
I can't even, once again.

Obviously we can't satisfy everyone.
Those of you who aren't whining and complaining, you're the best. Truly, you guys keep us all going.

Those of you who find nothing better to do than whine, I'd really recommend to put your phone down and go to the beach or something and unwind a bit.

We've got people calling us spies in the Stump thread, people complaining that Bump isn't a real unlock, other random XDA drama... geez calm down folks.

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013

Those of you who aren't whining and complaining, you're the best. Truly, you guys keep us all going.

Those of you who find nothing better to do than whine, I'd really recommend to put your phone down and go to the beach or something and unwind a bit.

We've got people calling us spies in the Stump thread, people complaining that Bump isn't a real unlock, other random XDA drama... geez calm down folks.
Just ignore the whining kids

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

Z3roCz

Jan 5, 2011
Česká Lípa
Ignore all of these whining and never satisfied kids. What you did there with the Bumping! is really great work and I thank you for that very much!

giokou

May 19, 2009
Athens
Lenovo P11
OPPO Find X3 Pro

I know exactly how you feel mate.

There are not enough words to express the disappointment and anger that overwhelms when reading such idiotic posts, but eventually I force myself to quickly forget them. It's the natural course of things.

We are here to thank you and keep you going. Your gifts are invaluable. Ignore them.

Keep up! :good:

Reactions: whoamigriffiths

BioVolt

Dec 5, 2008
Romford

I can understand the discontent that you guys feel when you read these comments from people who I personally just feel shouldn't be part of the XDA community to begin with, but I hope that just like me you guys realize that a lot of people just speak without thinking, not to mention the fact that a minority of whiners does not in any way reflect the feelings of gratitude from the majority of users who truly do appreciate all the effort and time you guys put into everything that you bring to us.

Keep up the great work, from all those who are truly grateful and appreciate it immensely ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

skeamznz

Aug 13, 2011
Auckland
Nothing Phone 1
Why would you accept an official update when your on a custom rom? And tell me how this not a full unlock what will you not be able to do? Oh wont be able to whinge I see! Give it a rest.

Reactions: Kameirus

leonidsl

Mar 22, 2012
Ignore those kids the unlock its real and the team behind it its the best

Hey mate, I truly understand how you and your team feel, after so many months and so many hours of trying to figure out how to unlock our phone and now this, just ignore those kids they don't have a life. Its the human nature you give something and they always want more. Again many thanks for this great and very easy unlock you shared with us, our phone was awesome from day one of its release now after the unlock our phone its magnificent, thanks guys :good:

DevilMayEmo

Nov 17, 2011

Tell them to be more like me, observer, wait, see, wait and wait more and just SEE. Anyways, don't let that get to you, it's only the negative people that pop out and those appreciative ones are in the dark.

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh

+1 to all of this. I started using xda a year ago when I purchased my sprint lg optimus g. That community was incredibly helpful, friendly and all around great. After purchasing a nexus7 and now my sprint g3, Ive had a much different user experience.
Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion, liked or not.
For those of you who want LG to unlock the bootloader, best of luck to you(and I mean that sincerely).
As far as I am concerned, I got my "workaround" from a trusted source, far more trustworthy than LG has ever been to me.
Everyone told me to jump on the m8 when my lgog was smashed - and while I was apprehensive about the lack of the development for the g3 I also recognized a lot of names. Names that were crucial in getting the lgog some major development.
Names like @thecubed & @autoprime (without who I would have borked my lgog countless times from a lack of an efs backup).

Sorry for making this off topic, but I too wish people would just calm down. I signed this petition myself, but think it's more likely jesus will return riding dr zoidberg, to do battle with skeletor before LG unlocks their bootloader. And thanks to some amazing devs, I couldn't care less if they ever do. I'm sorry to anyone who feels differently.

p13

Aug 24, 2007

Well...
I've never said anything bad about your work. I just stated my opinion, nothing more.
Then some kids walked in and took it very personal.

My intention is to try and help make a case for this against LG. I can't take responsibility for the way others took this and ran with it in other directions.

Reactions: tschmid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody!

I'm a LG G2 user, but i'm trying to unite all dissatisfied LG users to sign up to my petition, for more informations check my G2 thread (http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/general/petition-possibility-to-unlock-t2832013) or just read the quote from it:

Hello!

I don't know, maybe someone remembers me from P880 forum :p
    Whatever - in that time the 4X HD had locked bootloader which no one was able to unlock it, so I decided to make a petition about it (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1852721). We succeed and we could unlock the bootloader via fastboot oem unlock in Jelly Bean update.

Now LG did it again, their G2 and G3 flagships as well as some other devices are locked as hell again. I decided today to reopen my petition and share this message to You guys so maybe we could get the unlockable bootloader again, or at least a way to unlock it like it is for example HTC phones.

Here's the link to the petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...opportunity-to-unlock-bootloader-in-lg-phones

Let's have at least some hope for it, so we could get easier development and also G3 development could rise. :)

My reopened petition has 4031 supporters (for now) so it should be a little visible ;)

Link to petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...opportunity-to-unlock-bootloader-in-lg-phones

Individual emails have also the meaning. If You have a minute, please send emails to these addresses, also don't forget to mention about our petition:
    developer@lge.com
    opensource-mc@lge.com

(to moderators: yes, it's my copy/paste i make on few LG phones' sections, I don't spam, I just share the message to LG users and want to do something for community as I did in the past)
    from LG Developer:
    Thank you for your feedback regarding bootloader unlock and
    we are sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment that have been caused by lack of support for bootloader unlock on the latest LG smartphones.

We are already aware of many developers’ requests and opinions on bootloader unlock.
    So we have been preparing a server to provide safer bootloader unlock.
    Also, we are internally discussing the target model and the time of providing bootloader unlock.
    However, it will take some more time due to the technical restrictions, security issues, and the policy of mobile carriers.

We deeply apologize that we are unable to support bootloader unlock right now and would like to ask for your kind understanding.
    We will let you know more specific information when the support policy for bootloader unlock is decided.

Well. I already replied to this message, I want to get as much informations as I can, please keep signing so our petition will have more power. thanks ;)

Signed (although my unit has unlocked bootloader, I'm supporting that idea)

It's magic that T-Mobile delivers unlocked G3, lol.

Whatever, i see here is the biggest interest about petition, so I have something.
    Open Source LG sent me this message to my 2 gmail accounts (they're sending the same message about one topic, it was the same in the past)

We know there are lots of requests to unlock bootloader.
    We will inform you when we have good news.

At least they say something about it, so that's why we musn't stop. Every sign up is a sent email which goes to two LG's mail accounts which I added to OP, the message which is signed with Your name/surname so it can't be registered as spam.

Let's see what future will bring to us.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

it was bad decision for me when i choosed and bought the lg g3 as my daily driver ! im really unhappy specialy when i found that its not allowed to unlock bootloader to install custom roms custom kernels and specialy the lovely CM11 roms and that th LG dont care about it and dont care about consumers complaining... the android system on g3 is a **** very slow and hangry for battery (4 hours SoT) . i already had Z2, M8 and even the G2 and they are all much better than the G3... in my opinion the G2 is the best smartphone ever and with a very low price compared to others, but now im really angry of all LG products because of that company decision. Now im selling my G3 and i never go back to LG.
    (sorry for my bad english)

you posted this in the wrong thread
    the official i bought a lg g3 and am selling it because im butthurt and whinning about it is found at this link
    http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/news-lg-officially-releasing-bootloader-t2841700