[ROM] Official Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.4 for the Moto G 4G (Peregrine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mac-duff

Jan 27, 2011
Hi,

is it possible that also the original firmware has the ram bug? I come across quite often the situation that I am listing to music and at the same time using chrome, then out of nothing the music app has been killed. Also that chrome has to reload the complete webpage again after I just left chrome for some minutes. I think thats also an indicator for low ram, isnt it?

Cheers
md

Reactions: BlueFlame4

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Hi,

is it possible that also the original firmware has the ram bug? I come across quite often the situation that I am listing to music and at the same time using chrome, then out of nothing the music app has been killed. Also that chrome has to reload the complete webpage again after I just left chrome for some minutes. I think thats also an indicator for low ram, isnt it?

Cheers
md

Happens to me on stock too... But the main problem with chrome is that it treats tabs as background processes, so if you happen to have Facebook start by itself on the background, it has a higher priority than the chrome tab, which is on foreground, but with background priority (thanks, Google...)
It also happened on stock xt1032 and xt1033, even with 0 apps installed...

Reactions: c20

Anarkau

Aug 18, 2012
Hello, im having some problems when I try to flash the zip. I tried diferent nightlies and different recoveryes like CWM and TWRP. Both tell me the same.

Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-2014.......zip
"Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset."

I don't know how to fix it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Hello, im having some problems when I try to flash the zip. I tried diferent nightlies and different recoveryes like CWM and TWRP. Both tell me the same.

Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-2014.......zip
"Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset."

I don't know how to fix it.

I finally solved with Philz Touch Recovery. I did a "Clean to install new rom" then I was able to install the zip with no problems.

Reactions: c20

hotbld5

Aug 14, 2012
:(

R.I.P Moto G lte.
I guess mine is now officially hard bricked. Fastboot would not load...Anyone wants to buy it for parts?

SielickiN

Aug 29, 2010
Just reporting in some user experience.

Starting with stock OTA locked device:
* Unlocked bootloader via adb and moto's website
* Flashed my device with TWRP
* Flashed nightly from 10/12
* Flashed non-minimal gapps

I lived with that setup for the past 2 days with no reboots. Everything was about as smooth as stock.

Earlier tonight I started running into what was aparantly ram issues. Google music was running in the background while I loaded a single Firefox tab and both would crash as the page loaded. I was out and about and didn't feel like mucking around to see what I could discover so I just did a reboot to see if anything would be fixed. It's about an hour later and the issues SEEM to have desisted but I don't have high hopes that they won't return. A `free -m` is now reporting pretty normal ram usage in the same situation.

Let's solve this problem.

* Have we truly confirmed that this occurs in stock as well?
* Was android compiled with low memory flags? The fact that this occurs when the device runs for a while indicates a leak to me, so it won't necessarily solve anything in the longterm, but it might help while we sort this out. https://source.android.com/devices/low-ram.html

Dev, please PM me or just post here where I can get in contact to learn a bit more about what you've discovered, I'd love to help out.

eteles

Aug 20, 2012
I love CM, but to me this low RAM bug is a deal breaker and it seems that nobody care enough to fix it anymore (or nobody has the time)... After many CM build tests after people here arbitrarily saying "problem is fixed now" when it wasn't, I decided to stick with stock ROM + gravity box...

I only plan to test CM again when a developer say he has done something to try to fix it and need feedback, as I'm convinced it won't be fixed by itself, as people here seem to be expecting.

As developers here work for free, it's not something we can complain... I am grateful for the great amout of work they have done until now, but to me, this RAM bug makes CM builds not worth it...

Last edited:

zackwire

Mar 9, 2011
Barueri - SP
Redmi Note 12 4G
I love CM, but to me this low RAM bug is a deal breaker and it seems that nobody care enough to fix it anymore (or nobody has the time)... After many CM build tests after people here arbitrarily saying "problem is fixed now" when it wasn't, I decided to stick with stock ROM + gravity box...

I only plan to test CM again when a developer say he has done something to try to fix it and need feedback, as I'm convinced it won't be fixed by itself, as people here seem to be expecting.

As developers here work for free, it's not something we can complain... I am grateful for the great am out of work they have done until now, but to me, this RAM bug makes CM builds not worth it...

been using CM since the first week and never noticed the low ram bug, if it ever happened to my device. seems like one of those bugs that are really arbitrary...maybe something specific with some moto g models?

eteles

Aug 20, 2012
Never had the keyboard closing out of nothing when you are typing a msg in whatsapp, for example? Or the music app closing by itself when browsing and listening to music at the same time?

You are just lucky or you reboot you phone way too often...

goatlaw

Jul 26, 2014
CZ
Never had the keyboard closing out of nothing when you are typing a msg in whatsapp, for example? Or the music app closing by itself when browsing and listening to music at the same time?

Hmmm well since 10-12 i got not problems at all , but i reboot my phone everytime after a full charge ... maybe thats why it works for me :p

I would also appreciate if Somcom3X would might take a deeper look into it and tell us whats going on or if its a placebo effect and the bug still exists just to be clear :)

eteles

Aug 20, 2012
Hmmm well since 10-12 i got not problems at all , but i reboot my phone everytime after a full charge ... maybe thats why it works for me :p

I would also appreciate if Somcom3X would might take a deeper look into it and tell us whats going on or if its a placebo effect and the bug still exists just to be clear :)
If you reboot your phone every time you charge it, that's why you never noticed the bug...

It's simple: bug exists -> fix was not implemented -> bug will continue to exist.

That's it.

goatlaw

Jul 26, 2014
CZ
If you reboot your phone every time you charge it, that's why you never noticed the bug...

It's simple: bug exists -> fix was not implemented -> bug will continue to exist.

That's it.

Make sense , but i prefer performance & perfect haptic + optimized cm apps over stock - even if i have to restart my phone every day (thats not really much work to me and i think there are also plenty of "daily auto reboot" apps out there).

Maybe there is a fix in the next nightly ... who knows :silly: just be patient ;)

zackwire

Mar 9, 2011
Barueri - SP
Redmi Note 12 4G

only reboot my moto g when flashing nightlies...but, had this keyboard closing on whatsapp once, but that is it. maybe, as i said, there's something to do with specific moto g models. anyone else on XT1040 to give feedback on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads:

CM server

Installation:

Unlock the bootloader
    Flash a recovery
    Reboot into recovery
    Flash rom.

Reporting bugs:

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Report bugs on Jira at jira.cyanogenmod.org
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your:

Phone model:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:

Did you:

Install xposed framework?
    Restore apps in titanium backup?
    Flash another kernel?
    Are you using a supported recovery?
    start Art Runtime?
    search the thread for similar issues before posting?
    I don't reply to tech support by pm or emails/hangouts messages.
    If you have xposed installed, please bother to post.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Offiical cm for peregrine, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Somcom3X, ShabbyPenguin
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with recovery

Version Information

Created 2014-08-28
    Last Updated 2014-10-30
    Reserved

I'm your maintainer.

Current bugs:

Low ram bug (Essentially after 24hours an unknown process will take up a good amount of your ram and eat it until you factory reset/flash clean.)

Moto g will not connect to certain router securities.

Gps (device only) requires a signal lock from stock to function correctly.
    Good news:
    Today I got wifi working. Borrowed some changes from invisiblek for the driver. Audio shouldn't be too too long and i'll release a build to you guys.

Bad news:
    I am stressed for time around this time of the year. I'll only have weekends to look at anything android-related, hopefully.
    Reserved

Credits to:
    @shabbypenguin - can't say how much this guy deserves.

intervigil- Helping me get CM support

dhacker- The original framework of the moto's
    Are you dependant on them at the current stage of development, or have you been trying to make progress without them?

Through various workarounds, I finally got it working well
    MD5: 1fd51cbd4d2345c0aa79a6d45b473433

After cm-12.0 port is finished, I will work on bringing carbon back up to speed.
    Also, when flashing cm-12.0 there may be an error in recovery that has something to do ith the /mount being busy. It's normal till I update twrp, unfortunately I have to download omni's source to do so.