[ROM] AOSP+ SENSE 6 (November 1) BAREBONES | STABLE | BATTERY LIFE | FAST! | SLIM!

Would you sacrifice size for features?

• Yes.

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • No.

Votes: 44 43.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Cootehill

Dec 8, 2008
Put your naked Rom on MultiRom with ElemantalX in ART mode. What can I say, is great!

Just on Start up bit tricky, no access to the play store - my account and no File Explorer to install some apps from backup, but it is solved now.

cheers

maritimesbob

Oct 16, 2012
Cornwall
Quick question about the rom as I am a bit confused by the description. It's aokp based, I got that bit but the Sense 6 I have not figured!!!

Is this basically a Sense 6 theme added to the rom, or Sense 6 apps that are functioning with the rom, ie contacts, dialer all working with the rom.

Reason why I am confused, I was on the understanding Sense based apps would not work on an aosp/aokp/cm based rom because of framework issues?

Hope someone can explain, as this rom sounds perfect for what I am looking for unless my confusion has confused me!

Thanks.

liam_davenport

Apr 17, 2014
Wakefield
HTC Desire
HTC One X+
Quick question about the rom as I am a bit confused by the description. It's aokp based, I got that bit but the Sense 6 I have not figured!!!

Is this basically a Sense 6 theme added to the rom, or Sense 6 apps that are functioning with the rom, ie contacts, dialer all working with the rom.

Reason why I am confused, I was on the understanding Sense based apps would not work on an aosp/aokp/cm based rom because of framework issues?

Hope someone can explain, as this rom sounds perfect for what I am looking for unless my confusion has confused me!

Thanks.

One is aokp based and one is sense based :D

Sheetzie03

Put your naked Rom on MultiRom with ElemantalX in ART mode. What can I say, is great!

Just on Start up bit tricky, no access to the play store - my account and no File Explorer to install some apps from backup, but it is solved now.

cheers

I am trying this set up , except not with Multirom, BUT I must be missing something. You say, 'Art mode' and it says it in the op .....however, I'm In dev option and there is NO runtime selection?????

If you are saying you are running Art runtime and it Says it's in the Rom then where is it?

Thanks

Jterry31

Feb 22, 2012
Mumbai
i have updated my recovery to v2.8.0.2
While flashing the sense version of this rom i'm getting,
set_metadat_recursive: some changes failed
E: Error executing updater binaryin zip
Am i missing anything?
Thanks!

gigoo25

Jul 29, 2009

Thanks.

There is both a SENSE version and an AOKP version.

I am trying this set up , except not with Multirom, BUT I must be missing something. You say, 'Art mode' and it says it in the op .....however, I'm In dev option and there is NO runtime selection?????

If you are saying you are running Art runtime and it Says it's in the Rom then where is it?

Thanks

ART Is only compatible with the AOKP version. I updated the thread to make it easier to understand. Sorry for the confusion maybe in the future ill add it.

Hi,
I know the rules. never ask for ETA, but i kindly ask for any news about a update of the sense version. The only reason is that i dont want a clean
install twice. Thanks.

\\Yoshi
I updated the change log for both AOKP and SENSE versions. They will be released by the end of the week. I was planning on releasing the ROMs this past weekend but unfortunatelly I couldn't. I've learned that I'd rather delay something than release crap lol. As I said prior in the thread i'm currently working 2 jobs and have college so whenever I get some free time I usually try to work on this. Not much time is left though usually :D I should have some time freeing up soon though. Hopefully.

Again thanks to anyone who has tried my ROMs! I hope you can keep enjoying them and getting great battery life from your HTC Ones!

thatnitai

Jul 20, 2013
Hi about the HTC sense input languages

A few versions ago I've tried the sense rom and loved it but had to switch cuz sense input wouldnt let me install hebrew. Its the only keyboard i like... Is that problem fixed now ? I would love to use it again

gigoo25

Jul 29, 2009
Updated Versions!

Alright guys the time has come. After lots of work with barely any time its finally here. New version of both SENSE and AOKP versions. If you don't see the downloads available yet just be patient i'm uploading them!

Here are the changelogs.
AOKP:
10-20-14
-Faster than ever!
-Repo Sync
-Ported all tweaks over
-Cleaned up ROM a bit
-Fixed up updater-script
-Added partition trimming
-Added tweaks during installation
-Hopefully fixed a couple of bugs
-Switched back to SuperSU (Goodbye superuser!)
-Switched to QuickPic permanently (Goodbye google gallery!)
-Updated apps
-Cleaned up kernel (More stable?)
-This ROM can now bake you cookies!

SENSE:
10-20-14
-Faster than ever!
-More batter / Performance through some more tweaks
-Removed more logs for better privacy (From HTC)
-Fixed Google Play store
-Updated and fixed updater-script for recovery
-Updating formatting method before ROM installation
-Updated many HTC apps
-Added HTC Weather Clock
-Added HTC Weather APP
-Released all languages version for people who don't use English as their main language (Finally I know)
-This version will be considered "STABLE"
-Size increase by a tiny bit
-This ROM can now be your wingman!

Added a couple of things back, removed some stuff, did some cleaning, added more features. Hopefully everyone enjoys the efforts :) Thanks again for trying the ROMS any constructive feedback is highly appreciated!

*NOTES*
A couple of things that I have noticed in the roms. #1 The roms work with multirom but the internal storage does not seem to work if booting from multirom. #2 In the SENSE version of the ROM it might kick you out of the playstore after signing in. That's no big deal just retry the playstore and it should work fine. #3 Make sure you choose the right version before complaining about missing features.

Thank you all for understanding! :D

Screenshots:
miovna.png

4tt4c9.png

Last edited:

fiocco

Dec 29, 2007
I would to try SENSE 6 version but i can't find it, isee only AOKP in download part.

Edit:
It's ok now thank you.

Last edited:

Kornelije23

Feb 3, 2013
Ansbach
Install

Hey guys, do i need google apps for sense rom, and link to minimal google apps is not working (thread is closed) thanks by

fiocco

Dec 29, 2007
Yes on SENSE 6 version can you add juste 4 apps Internet explorer, HTC file management, flashlight and calculator stock ? when it's almost perfect! please, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sddurand

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone! This is my first "Rom" release so bare with me. Basically I got tired of having tons of apps sucking juice out of my battery for no reason. The purpose of this rom is to be as lightweight as possible without sacrificing performance, battery, features, or customization.

Thanks again sylentprofet for the great idea. If you want to check his rom out here is the link. All credits go to him.

Note: This rom has no boot animation! Do not freak out if there is a black screen when you are booting!
    Also let the ROM settle for a couple of days before judging battery life.
    If you get force closes after installing the rom just reboot and try again!

All credits go to original creators of content! Thanks to everyone who helped me build this without their knowing it ;) This rom was built from source using linux 14.04
    Tweaks and info where obtained from:

Here
    Here
    Here
    Here
    Here
    Here
    Here

Mirror:
    HERE
    SENSE Features, Installation Instructions + Changelog

Features
    - Sense 6 4.4.3
    - Built on latest base 6.09.401.5
    - Slimmed down to less than 460MB (From 1.2 GB)
    - Busy box support
    - Rooted
    - Init.d support
    - Completely bare bone stock
    - Sense launcher included
    - Blink feed included
    - Build.prop tweaks from AOKP version
    - Init.d teaks from AOKP version
    - Custom low memory killer values

Installation Instructions
    1) Download from top of page.
    2) Check MD5
    3) Backup (Optional)
    4) Full Wipe!
    5) Flash ROM
    6) Reboot into ROM and let it fully boot
    7) Enjoy!

Beta Testers:
    Myself
    Afila
    myrigon
    onesvip
    liam_devenport

Thanks guys!

Changelog
    10-20-14
    -Faster than ever!
    -Fixed Google Play store
    -Updated many HTC apps
    -Added HTC Weather Clock
    -Added HTC Weather APP
    -Released all languages version for people who don't use English as their main language ;) (Finally I know)

9-12-14
    -Rebuilt from scratch
    -Based on latest base 6.09.401.5 (Created from stock OTA dump)
    -Completely stock
    -Added more privacy (Disabled tons of background logs)
    -Removed more apps and widgets (Might release a widget bundle)
    -No AROMA (Sorry guys i've been trying aroma but with all the features I added the ROM size jumped to 700MB so im just going to not use AROMA at all)
    -Added partition trimming on install (For faster operations)
    -More battery life than ever!
    -Smoother than ever!
    -More stuff that I probably forgot ;P

8-29-14
    - Replaced Boot.img with a clean one. Should now be completely stable. No more touch or power issues.
    - Added mirrors to 3rd post (For mobile users)
    - Cleaned up Download section

8-23-14
    - First release to public BETA #1
    Updated Versions!

Alright guys the time has come. After lots of work with barely any time its finally here. New version of both SENSE and AOKP versions. If you don't see the downloads available yet just be patient i'm uploading them!

Here are the changelogs.
    AOKP:
    10-20-14
    -Faster than ever!
    -Repo Sync
    -Ported all tweaks over
    -Cleaned up ROM a bit
    -Fixed up updater-script
    -Added partition trimming
    -Hopefully fixed a couple of bugs
    -Switched to QuickPic permanently (Goodbye google gallery!)
    -Updated apps
    -Cleaned up kernel (More stable?)
    -This ROM can now bake you cookies!

SENSE:
    10-20-14
    -Faster than ever!
    -Fixed Google Play store
    -Updated many HTC apps
    -Added HTC Weather Clock
    -Added HTC Weather APP
    -Released all languages version for people who don't use English as their main language (Finally I know)

Added a couple of things back, removed some stuff, did some cleaning, added more features. Hopefully everyone enjoys the efforts :) Thanks again for trying the ROMS any constructive feedback is highly appreciated!

*NOTES*
    A couple of things that I have noticed in the roms. #1 The roms work with multirom but the internal storage does not seem to work if booting from multirom. #2 In the SENSE version of the ROM it might kick you out of the playstore after signing in. That's no big deal just retry the playstore and it should work fine. #3 Make sure you choose the right version before complaining about missing features.

Thank you all for understanding! :D

Screenshots:
    New Version!

Alright guys here is the deal. Today was my deadline to release both the AOKP ROM and the SENSE version of barebones. Unfortunately that will not happened. I'm just about to start school so its been and immensely time consuming process (2 jobs + school) I barely have enough time to work on a ROM let alone 2 roms and a kernel all at the same time. I managed to compile a what seems to be stable version of BAREBONES AOKP i'm still going to consider it a beta as I only had a couple of days to test it. Anyhow the changelog is below. Not as much as I wanted changed but its still better than nothing!

I've been working mostly on the SENSE version as you guys seem to be excited about that. Again do not expect miracles from the SENSE version but I am trying to make it as best as possible. I might release the SENSE version tomorrow after a day or two of testing.

Here is the changelog for the AOKP version
    Changelog
    8-22-14
    - Repo Sync
    - Trimmed it down a bit more
    - Fixed Fast charge
    - Fixed updater-script (NO MORE BINARY ERRORS!)
    - Smoother experience
    - Even more battery!
    - Applications not opening bug should be fixed!
    - Better responsiveness
    - Fixed logo to menu

I wanted to include s2w and s2s in this release. Along with nightmare governor and BLN but the kernel was not stable and I had no time to fix it. If you would like these features there are plenty of Kernels out there for AOSP that will work just fine with this ROM (I recommend AGK Kernel or TinyKernel)

ENJOY!
    8-11-14 Update Battery stats

Here are my battery results for a normal day of usage. Some music, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, ect. This in on the second cycle so its not even fully stabilized yet.

Hopefully i'll be able to achieve my goal of 7 hours screen on time with this ROM.

P.S. Since people like sense as well i'm going to start to work on a Sense version of this ROM. Also looking into how to integrate S2W & S2S