Android L discussion thread

Search This thread

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Really? Because that's pretty darn accurate. They develop it and internally test it which will take a couple months, then they do a sort of beta test with normal users for a month or two to squash remaining bugs.

I'm inclined to believe the article simply because of the source. Football knows his stuff.

We will undoubtedly get leaked/test versions in custom rom land, but full release will be early next year. Don't forget that we're probably also looking at a sense version update, so it's more than simply fixing things up to work with 5.0.

If you want it sooner, then yeah, GPe.

M.

danger12345

Oct 16, 2014
I'm inclined to believe the article simply because of the source. Football knows his stuff.

We will undoubtedly get leaked/test versions in custom rom land, but full release will be early next year. Don't forget that we're probably also looking at a sense version update, so it's more than simply fixing things up to work with 5.0.

If you want it sooner, then yeah, GPe.

M.

Well I heard they were working on the sense version from months ago

walle4893

Oct 30, 2011
London
I think we all should be grateful for good guy HTC. They give us a month or two to play around with stock material design from Lollipop prior dropping the new sense UI.

gull_s_777

Dec 22, 2010
Well I heard they were working on the sense version from months ago
What you guys looking forward to in new Sense version.
I think an added row of icons in blinkfeed launcher would be nice. Too much gap left with 4 rows on such big screen.
Also an option to view photos in simple folder view in gallery would be nice without all that album/zoe clutter.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Have u guys think that google is going to change the so called sd card restriction (r/w problem) in 5.0?

You're about the third person I've seen asking this, I don't think the ad situation will change.

They've not included sd card slots since the nexus one and pushing people to use their cloud services for storing stuff. The changes were made for security purposes, ie apps can only access 'their' folders files on the external sd card. Google are implementing more and more security features like encryption as standard, to enhance privacy and security and these are features that are more relevant than ever at the moment.

abinash

Dec 12, 2009
Bhubaneswar
You're about the third person I've seen asking this, I don't think the ad situation will change.

They've not included sd card slots since the nexus one and pushing people to use their cloud services for storing stuff. The changes were made for security purposes, ie apps can only access 'their' folders files on the external sd card. Google are implementing more and more security features like encryption as standard, to enhance privacy and security and these are features that are more relevant than ever at the moment.
Oh sorry to asked same question....lets see then ...hope for the good [emoji6]

Reactions: Mohamad.T

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Oh sorry to asked same question....lets see then ...hope for the good [emoji6]
No worries, just noticed a few people who have been asking if there will be SD card changes. I find the HTC file explorer fine for managing the SD card. I think you can gain more control if you root. I think it would be better if phone manufacturers provided more internal storage, as 16GB feels a bit stingy these days and is one of the few annoyances I have about the m8. I know the M8 does give you the option of an SD but you're still limited by the how many apps you can install to the internal space. In my opinion HTC should have stuck with the 32GB storage AND added the SD slot.

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
No one really knows because they already had their hands on android 5 earlier because of nexus 9 ...so they should have already started with the sense Rom for the m8 ...I think we will get test leaks around November/December :p

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
We may get leaks and aosp or gpe ROMs but a sense 7 won't be released until January and at the point there probably won't be a leak because of it being such a large update.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
Gonna be a long while b4 sense and aosp roms see android l. Ill be converting to gpe when it hits in a few weeks. Just hope xposed supports art.

Nic2112

Mar 4, 2010
Ottawa
I'm excited to see what HTC will do with the new Sense and Android L. I'm hoping for a cleaner status bar because with Sense, it doesn't take long before that thing gets full of icons.

Reactions: beston94

exocetdj

i'm interested as to what sense version

Will HTC do the norm of bringing out a .5 upgrade (i.e sense 6.5) and leave the 7 for the new flagship in april? or will we get sense 7 in january?

i'm thinking maybe they will do a 6.5 as jan is close to when they release the new flagship each year. if this is true, we may even get a sense 6.5 kitkat, seeing as sense 5.5 was released on android 4.3 (prior to the kitkat update) last year........

Rouz.

Jun 1, 2010
XDA
Some news

OTA for all nexus devices are pretty much confirmed to arrive at 3rd of November.

It's a safe bet to say that google play edition devices will receive it within 2 to 3 weeks after that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Woohoo, Dutchdeveloper and I have reached the point of building where it begins building the apps.
    Nothing promised yet, but we're close!
    Stay tuned!

EDIT: JUST BUILT FRAMEWORK-RES.APK
    Okay, an update for everyone. My cousin is okay, they got her into surgery fast enough that the aneurysm didn't kill her. She'll spend a few days in the hospital, but other than that she will be okay. Thank you guys very much for your thoughts and prayers. XDA has the best community, and after some sleep its back to builds.
    Camera? Wifi? Gps? Bluetooth?

wifi and bluetooth is working. no camera app at this moment. gps no test. alot of other problems^^

does cm 11 need a special firmware on m8?
    Alright, I'm working on syncing the code base now, I have worked on a couple of other devices creating build scripts, so let's see if I can't get this one to work.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Well, this is going to take quite a while, I only have 17% synced. I guess I am gonna get some sleep and tackle this behemoth in the morning. No promises though, just saying now.