Help from the Comunity to Sim Unlock

Search This thread

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
I have tried some research to unlock by unlocking all bands using QPST tool

Before doing this my phone shows as invalid ,
Now it is not showing invalid sim and no sim also.
What will be issue ?
how will i resolve it ?

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

I have tried some research to unlock by unlocking all bands using QPST tool

Before doing this my phone shows as invalid ,
Now it is not showing invalid sim and no sim also.
What will be issue ?
how will i resolve it ?

Showing as no service , radio off, PRL null ,
If sim is not inserted also not showing as no sim or insert sim.
Please help me.

If you do not have a nv backup to restore try first releasing freq lock, if this does not bring data back try nv rebuild.(freq lock is for sure safe, nv rebuild was at least safe on my note3)

Attachments

• 2014-10-22-07-46-28.png
    2014-10-22-07-46-28.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 2014-10-22-07-47-03.jpg
    2014-10-22-07-47-03.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 237

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Whats the bounty currently at?
ecs87 your all over :) (dest from gsmhosting)

Haha yes I am :) XDA is my home though. Good to see you chiming in here buddy. I'm not too sure where the bounties are but it'd cover the Mega, Note 3, L720T and the G900P. I'd expect it to be quite hefty once everyone is counted in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

EDIT: Does anyone realize that NV_UE_LOCK_I is sitting in the modem near the SPR SIM LOCK? It's in both the MDC and NG2 (most recent) modems. Now, I realize to read the IMEI you open up QPST and QXDM and enter requestnvitemread UE_IMEI (Not too sure why it's not NV_UE_IMEI_I but meh). However, when you enter requestnvitemread UE_LOCK it does nothing. I've also tried NV_UE_LOCK_I and UE_LOCK_I. It doesn't know what to do with it. I'm so confused. This should've worked to read something...

Last edited:
Reactions: unsung_hero_

aalyatim

May 19, 2006
Haha yes I am :) XDA is my home though. Good to see you chiming in here buddy. I'm not too sure where the bounties are but it'd cover the Mega, Note 3, L720T and the G900P. I'd expect it to be quite hefty once everyone is counted in.

EDIT: Does anyone realize that NV_UE_LOCK_I is sitting in the modem near the SPR SIM LOCK? It's in both the MDC and NG2 (most recent) modems. Now, I realize to read the IMEI you open up QPST and QXDM and enter requestnvitemread UE_IMEI (Not too sure why it's not NV_UE_IMEI_I but meh). However, when you enter requestnvitemread UE_LOCK it does nothing. I've also tried NV_UE_LOCK_I and UE_LOCK_I. It doesn't know what to do with it. I'm so confused. This should've worked to read something...

So did you figure out a way to sim unlock those models? I have a solution for all models but it doesn't work for USA carriers.

Reactions: _superman

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
So did you figure out a way to sim unlock those models? I have a solution for all models but it doesn't work for USA carriers.

I haven't. I know you can use a MEID authorized to UICC unlock but I felt that method was too unofficial. I wanted to find a way to do it that involved triggering the unlock without altering the MEID or using Sprints system.

Reactions: sprints5

skets

Apr 3, 2009
Hey am not in the us would it be possible to unlock my sprint note 3 with that method .

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

sprints5

Sep 20, 2014
I unrooted my s5 to NI3(I was on NE5)
What is the menu ItsOn?

Attachments

• 1414022916661.jpg
    1414022916661.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 1414022927105.jpg
    1414022927105.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 1414022936042.jpg
    1414022936042.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 200

aalyatim

May 19, 2006
I haven't. I know you can use a MEID authorized to UICC unlock but I felt that method was too unofficial. I wanted to find a way to do it that involved triggering the unlock without altering the MEID or using Sprints system.

Well I created a solution using invoke ril command, like I told you on gsmhosting. Depending on the bounty I might release it, it works on all sprint samsung phones.

jodhaaa

Jul 8, 2014
here is the SM-G900P international unlock bounty thread.
guys, please post the amounts you like to pledge..

http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s5/general/sprint-sm-g900p-gsm-international-sim-t2832927

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Just in the case, you can do the international unlock;
Can't we follow same method as note 3 domestic unlock and unlock g900p for the domestic carriers?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593305

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
here is the SM-G900P international unlock bounty thread.
guys, please post the amounts you like to pledge..

http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s5/general/sprint-sm-g900p-gsm-international-sim-t2832927

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Just in the case, you can do the international unlock;
Can't we follow same method as note 3 domestic unlock and unlock g900p for the domestic carriers?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593305

No. The G900P has another lock (possibly in another nv item) that displays invalid SIM even after being internationally unlocked using a domestic SIM.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Well I created a solution using invoke ril command, like I told you on gsmhosting. Depending on the bounty I might release it, it works on all sprint samsung phones.

I didn't realize that you already did it. I thought that you were just giving me a hint lol. I'm gonna have to go back and reread that post.

tewilove

Apr 17, 2009
I can confirm this. Cos I did unlock a L720 and a N900P successfully. But it needs temp root, it's ugly and dirty.

Sent from my SH-04F using XDA Free mobile app

tewilove

Apr 17, 2009
Can you please share that method?
I think you mentioned this longtime back (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53262672&postcount=70),but never replied.

In Sprint Samsung's case, UICC unlock is like Android says "Hi radio, please do unlock". In my experience, the original Qualcomm implementation is simply store unlock code in perso.txt. And SONY requires password per device passed to radio then radio check the password every boot, their alog is simple but seems uncrackable.
So the simplest way to unlock Sprint Samsung is patching their software or injecting RIL payloads, ugly bug working. Of course this assumes the radio software has implemented the unlock and exposed the interface to Android.
And then, if you digger deeper into SPrintDM and telephony framework, you will find UICC unlock is just a call to the RIL, even you can find a method called setSimLock() on the Java class which finally goes to RIL. I think many of you can make a program to achieve unlock. My fist successful attempt was using Xposed framework. BTW I asked in Xposed thread if I make my program public several months before.

gersrt

Oct 23, 2007
In Sprint Samsung's case, UICC unlock is like Android says "Hi radio, please do unlock". In my experience, the original Qualcomm implementation is simply store unlock code in perso.txt. And SONY requires password per device passed to radio then radio check the password every boot, their alog is simple but seems uncrackable.
So the simplest way to unlock Sprint Samsung is patching their software or injecting RIL payloads, ugly bug working. Of course this assumes the radio software has implemented the unlock and exposed the interface to Android.
And then, if you digger deeper into SPrintDM and telephony framework, you will find UICC unlock is just a call to the RIL, even you can find a method called setSimLock() on the Java class which finally goes to RIL. I think many of you can make a program to achieve unlock. My fist successful attempt was using Xposed framework. BTW I asked in Xposed thread if I make my program public several months before.

Will your unlock work on the 720T Sprint S4. If yes then I will also pledge. Thanks

jodhaaa

Jul 8, 2014

can you please share the modified SPrintDM.apk file with us?
that is really helpful for people who don't come from JAVA background..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I think is time to start working on solution and sharing ideas to unlock the device. This is the spirit of the forum not to pattetically beg and pay for unlocks. This guy is just playing and no solution will come this way. Lets use our brain ! If you only have money this forum is not for you and better contact octopus o buy a brand new unlocked phone!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Read the previous posts. I already unlocked a few phones for certain people to test the solution, and now I am completing the app. It will be released next week.
    It will be released in few weeks or so. I am hesitating to release it simply because it will be copied. Companies like z3x and octopus will benefit from it. So I have to think of a way to make nearly impossible for others to copy my solution.
    Please guys...I'm begging of you...stop asking him to give it up. As much as I want to ask as well, common sense tells me it's rude which is why you don't see the majority of people asking in the first place. Therefore you should be asking questions leading to development. Start googling "java decompiler", run through the folders and find the files that have been mentioned earlier, make a difference instead of begging for the solution. Its never too late to start developing. I know NOTHING of decompiling or even Java code...but I'm fighting my way through whatever I can find. There's so much information in this thread lately that I believe, if more effort was put forth for development instead of stalking we would've had the solution already.

The next person to post something along the lines of "when is it available, send me the download (a total unlock program), tell me how to do it (the total unlock process)" is getting reported. I'm totes down for development postings, the spamming needs to stop. I'm sorry.

(Sorry but working on someone's Excel spreadsheet for 5 hours in a row (my eyes are bleeding), working 2 jobs over 40 hours a week, and having a BMW E36 that vomits coolant I'm a little on edge...but I think I was reasonable here?)

u guys still tryin to do this? should have listened to me 2-3 months ago and just sold ur sprint phones... now they are worth like 100$ on ebay..
    unlock wont happen

If you don't have something helpful to say I think its better for everyone if you remain silent. Thank you. and alot of thanks to the guys that are working on this. hope I could help you in some way instead of only waiting :( thumbs up for the progress.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app