Upgrading Hboot help

Search This thread

ErOR22

Sep 22, 2010
New Zealand
Hello everyone, need some help upgrading hboot to try out some roms. Currently I'm on 0.85.2425 and when trying to flash from here (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38947050&postcount=10) and here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2445593) I get a 'writing zip FAILED'. If I flash the rom.zip manually from adb in oem-78 mode [fastboot flash zip rom.zip] everything goes smoothly but hboot doesn't update.

This is what I'm looking at.

ACE PVT ENG S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0.85.2425
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.17.14.11_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45

Much appriciated

Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Boot to bootloader and do fastboot getvar all

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

ErOR22

Sep 22, 2010
New Zealand

Attachments

• getvar.png
    getvar.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Gatosbil

Jul 24, 2013
Athens
The problem you can't flash in RUU mode could be the drivers or the fastboot app you are using.It could also be a CID problem.

You can check here how to upgrade your hboot by using fastboot.

But as long as you are S-OFFed you can flash a PD98IMG.zip from your bootloader by putting it in the root of your sdcard.(Just rename the rom.zip to PD98IMG.zip)

Last edited:
Reactions: ErOR22

ErOR22

Sep 22, 2010
New Zealand
The problem you can't flash in RUU mode could be the drivers or the fastboot app you are using.It could also be a CID problem.

But as long as you are S-OFFed you can flash a PD98IMG.zip from your bootloader by putting it in the root of your sdcard.(Just rename the rom.zip to PD98IMG.zip)

I don't know what a RUU mode is nor am I using any fastboot apps. I will look into this CID stuff.

I actually cannot do the PD98IMG.zip thing as my volume buttons left their home... and the visible metal contacts don't do anything if shorted.

Thanks for the link, I will check out! :)

EDIT: The post you linked me to has the same instructions as what I've been trying, I mean exactly the same stuff. This is the 3rd hboot rom.zip I've tried and it worked! I'm on 2.00.29 so thanks a bunch for that link :D
EDIT 2: Now unlocking the bootloader from HTCDev, got to last part and need to use volume buttons! Doh! I'm stuck now and the phone will not boot into the ROM.
EDIT 3: Got it! I didn't realize that there was a tiny button under the actual volume key, just had to press it with something small.

Last edited:
Reactions: marknoll

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't know what a RUU mode is nor am I using any fastboot apps. I will look into this CID stuff.

I actually cannot do the PD98IMG.zip thing as my volume buttons left their home... and the visible metal contacts don't do anything if shorted.

Thanks for the link, I will check out! :)

EDIT: The post you linked me to has the same instructions as what I've been trying, I mean exactly the same stuff. This is the 3rd hboot rom.zip I've tried and it worked! I'm on 2.00.29 so thanks a bunch for that link :D
    EDIT 2: Now unlocking the bootloader from HTCDev, got to last part and need to use volume buttons! Doh! I'm stuck now and the phone will not boot into the ROM.
    EDIT 3: Got it! I didn't realize that there was a tiny button under the actual volume key, just had to press it with something small.