[Warning][Resolved] Beware of fake/scam YIFY when YIFY download does not play in MX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jgmmjg

Dec 4, 2010
Hey friends I recently downloaded a movie from YIFY torrents.. it is in MP4 format.. but it is not playing in MXplayer.. .the player shows the message - "You are missing codec pack to play this movie.. " I searched for the codec pack but I didn't find any.. so what should I do to play this movie in MXplayer and on my laptop..

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Hey friends I recently downloaded a movie from YIFY torrents.. it is in MP4 format.. but it is not playing in MXplayer.. .the player shows the message - "You are missing codec pack to play this movie.. " I searched for the codec pack but I didn't find any.. so what should I do to play this movie in MXplayer and on my laptop..

can you attach the screenshot?
If you are not getting audio & video is playing, then it might have dts audio track.
If it's so kindly read http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254

Reactions: jgmmjg

jgmmjg

Dec 4, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-01-11-38-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-01-11-38-17.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 13,641

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
There's no audio problem.. . I can hear the audio clearly.. . but the video is not playing.. Here's the screenshot..
It's a kind of scam. The message shown in screenshot is not from mx player. A video can't raise any message, warnings & popups. It's not the warning/information & it's the actual content of the video. Even you can check it with PC. It will show the same.

One more important thing is that the website mentioned in the video is not the official Yify's one. So, It's completely a spam. Don't download any codec or player from the website mentioned in the video. It may contain malicious spyware programs.

jgmmjg

Dec 4, 2010
It's a kind of scam. The message shown in screenshot is not from mx player. A video can't raise any message, warnings & popups. It's not the warning/information & it's the actual content of the video. Even you can check it with PC. It will show the same.

One more important thing is that the website mentioned in the video is not the official Yify's one. So, It's completely a spam. Don't download any codec or player from the website mentioned in the video. It may contain malicious spyware programs.

Thanks buddy.. .but I had already installed the codec.. .what should I do now.. .

Aditya Ladwa

Nov 3, 2012
Harihar
OnePlus 10R / Ace
Thanks it happned for me too....

Even i downloaded from that site ...

saurabhreigns

Jul 23, 2013
Ghaziabad
Had exact same problem

I had exactly the same issue with two movies i recently downloaded from the so called official yify website. And after struggling a lot for 'missing codecs', i l realized i wasted 1.5 GB of data usage :(

pafje

Aug 18, 2013
Definitely a scam.. The file compresses with a ~50% ratio (800MB -> 400MB), which clearly shows the file was artificially inflated (using some unusual compression flags on the video I'd guess)... So the info is simply not there..

yedi1002

Mar 10, 2011
Definitely it´s fake!! I downloaded 2 movies from the site, both with same message when playing it.
IF you listen 1 or 2 minutes on each movie you can hear the same audio, so it´s purely fake and they maybe are getting money from those websites advertising the site.

I would unnistall the "codecs" they offer inmediately and scan with an updated antivirus the whole machine.

I hope this helps.

docodao

Oct 14, 2014
Thanks

Thanks. exactly it a spyware programs & came from strange site. :good:

darklord18

Dec 8, 2014
nagda
:good:

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

:cowboy:

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

:good:

Reactions: inaldocc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's no audio problem.. . I can hear the audio clearly.. . but the video is not playing.. Here's the screenshot..

That's a scam YIFY site. I would consider uninstalling whatever you may have installed, and/or wiping the device if possible.

can you attach the screenshot?
    If you are not getting audio & video is playing, then it might have dts audio track.
    If it's so kindly read http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254
    Thanks buddy.. .but I had already installed the codec.. .what should I do now.. .
    Do you mean that in pc?
    Hope it's not playing even after installing it.

Kindly uninstall immediately