magnetic charge pins

Search This thread

silasdm

Apr 5, 2011
Is there an advantage in buying the new version vs the old one?

The z1c dock is cheaper and already available...

stnly

Dec 10, 2013
Are the magnetic charge pins compatible with the Z1 compact? Can I use the Z1C dock?

Yes, are compatible and the dock can still be used !

there are also a new dock for the Z3 series:

Is there an advantage in buying the new version vs the old one?

The z1c dock is cheaper and already available...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pins in both docks are the same but the cut-out for the phones and inserts will be different.

The only advantage of getting the new one (DK48) over the old one (DK32) will be because the Z1 Compact (9.5mm) and the Z3 Compact (8.6mm) have different thickness, the new dock will be a better fit than the old one.

UserX10

May 10, 2010
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pins in both docks are the same but the cut-out for the phones and inserts will be different.

The only advantage of getting the new one (DK48) over the old one (DK32) will be because the Z1 Compact (9.5mm) and the Z3 Compact (8.6mm) have different thickness, the new dock will be a better fit than the old one.

Exactly

wooki

What did you find out?

Got the adapter and the cable yesterday.
I prefer the cable because the adapters design lets it disconnect very easily while charging.
The magnets are very very strong compared to the original sony ones! With both i can even lift the xperia z ultra without it falling off the cable. The original sony one disconnects directly.
The only think bugging me is the the charging port design:
the original sony one has a flat housing on the contacts side. This one has a "U" Shape (to support itself at the case). i think this could get problematic when using a case without much space at the magnet port.

I'd like to post pictures but my camera is currently not working. I'll upload some tomorrow!

I hope my English is good enough :D

//Edit: it worked now, heres the pic!

Attachments

• IMG_25092014_230520.jpg
    IMG_25092014_230520.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:
Reactions: LastQuark

ishaang

Mar 24, 2009
Can someone please verify that these three magnetic dock chargers - DK30, DK31 and DK48 - deliver the same amount of charge to the phone in terms of amperes/watts, etc.

I found varying information online...

Reactions: giute88

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
It's just a cable and box, what will determine how it charges will be what charger you plug into it at the wall socket. (don't use a computer usb port or be prepared to wait a loooong time for it to charge)

Reactions: ishaang

ishaang

Mar 24, 2009
Wow simple answer, thanks a lot techguyone that clears out the doubt in my mind!

SaddamMSK

Feb 12, 2015
Polarity?

Can someone check pins polarity? Where is positive?
I have disassembled craddle, and I need to resolider it again...
Help me, please....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What did you find out?

Got the adapter and the cable yesterday.
    I prefer the cable because the adapters design lets it disconnect very easily while charging.
    The magnets are very very strong compared to the original sony ones! With both i can even lift the xperia z ultra without it falling off the cable. The original sony one disconnects directly.
    The only think bugging me is the the charging port design:
    the original sony one has a flat housing on the contacts side. This one has a "U" Shape (to support itself at the case). i think this could get problematic when using a case without much space at the magnet port.

I'd like to post pictures but my camera is currently not working. I'll upload some tomorrow!

I hope my English is good enough :D

//Edit: it worked now, heres the pic!
    Can someone please verify that these three magnetic dock chargers - DK30, DK31 and DK48 - deliver the same amount of charge to the phone in terms of amperes/watts, etc.

I found varying information online...
    It's just a cable and box, what will determine how it charges will be what charger you plug into it at the wall socket. (don't use a computer usb port or be prepared to wait a loooong time for it to charge)