Nexus 6 UK Thread

Search This thread

mys3

Jul 3, 2012
I've ordered a diztronic case and some eBay screen protectors in anticipation. A date for release would be nice now

all43

May 27, 2010
Hi guys and girls,
Dilemma, I love my Nexus 4 and everything sykopompos has ported but its time to upgrade, of course Nexus 6 is the next beast:D

Play store price this close to Christmas seems to have some sort of offensive reaction too my wife so contract is my next option, so a simple question are all carriers unlockable for root? Looks like 30 quid is the starting point for contract so what deals you all spotted?

the_crevis

Feb 22, 2012
Bristol
Hi guys and girls,
Dilemma, I love my Nexus 4 and everything sykopompos has ported but its time to upgrade, of course Nexus 6 is the next beast:D

Play store price this close to Christmas seems to have some sort of offensive reaction too my wife so contract is my next option, so a simple question are all carriers unlockable for root? Looks like 30 quid is the starting point for contract so what deals you all spotted?

I'm in the same boat, although still undecided, note 4 vs nexus 6?!

As for contracts, no retailer in the UK has released pricing details so no idea what contract deals we will get. I bought my nexus 4 from o2 and that had no carrier customisation, network locking or special bootloader lock so i can but assume that it will the same situation for the nexus 6. I think its only the Americans that get screwed over by carrier versions of nexii.

Last edited:
Reactions: all43

all43

May 27, 2010
Your guess is as good as anybody's mate but from what I've read 18th nov seems most likely

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently on 18th, but this still could be anything at this rate with no announcements from Google

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Free mobile app

18th of nov according to Paul O'Brien from Modaco, he's always been a reliable source

Lol I stand corrected @crevis indeed Paul is not often wrong:D

NexusHexus

Oct 19, 2014
i'm not keeping my hopes up tbh for the romours dates flying around esp with the dissapointments so far with the USA. my excitement is dying slowly

hutzdani

May 9, 2010
London
I cant see being the 18th thats a tuesday, i wonder if the 12th pre orders will open and the 18th will be shipping ?

I cant see a week of pre orders after the 18th and then shipping into the busy christmas month where deliverys are manic !

uktechguru

Oct 29, 2014
Leeds
www.uktechguru.com
i'm not keeping my hopes up tbh for the romours dates flying around esp with the dissapointments so far with the USA. my excitement is dying slowly

I think the best thing would be to try and register for as many pre pre order sites as you can. Clove, Amazon, Motorola's own website, the official Nexus 6 page on Google (not Google play as there's no where to register), carphone warehouse - all these sites have registration page which will tell you when the nexus 6 pre order starts or when stock is in.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Deeco7

Jul 12, 2010
Thinking of buying the N6 from a retailer instead of Play Store, to avoid shipping charges.

Anyone know if CPW will stock it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    from the clove blog

'We can now confirm that Clove Technology will be stocking the 32 GB Midnight Blue version of the Nexus 6 at £499 inc. VAT. Other colour/memory configurations are TBC at this time, with availability likely limited to the UK Play Store due to stock levels.

Right now you can register your interest for the Nexus 6 – we will be emailing everyone on the list when orders are opened. According to Google / Motorola we can expect to begin taking orders on the 18th November in conjunction with the UK Play Store. An exact shipping date is to be announced, although we expect early December.'
    Just had a call from my contact at the CEO team. He confirmed that they didn't get anywhere near the quantity of blue 64gb units that they were supposed to. Also he said that an email should have come out to people that missed the first batch so something went wrong there. Additionally, while they are still looking into it, it looks like the few orders that went out early were likely human error! And lastly, they still don't know exactly when and how many units they'll get from Motorola but they are trying to get them as early as possible.
    Unless I can get the 32GB version in black for no more than £400, they can stick it ( Because if i decide i don't like it i can sell it easy to Sheep )

I'd Rather wait for a Phone I WANT, Its a Gimmic device that panders to competition from other OEMS.

I Don't NEED 4k resolution
    I Don't NEED a 6" Screen
    I Don't NEED a 13MP Camera ( Because we all know it will still be shoddy regardless of fancy numbers and features)
    I Don't NEED any of the above to drain the battery that's grown on in ration to the gimmicks they put in the phone.

Its an expensive bloated, NON-DEVELOPER aimed device, its about as "NEXUS" as my Nokia 5110.

Fair enough you have your own opinions, but calling it a gimmick device , bloaded and expensive is rubbish in my book,

can you get another phone with those specs and that size for that price?
    I called cpw back and got through to sales and basically got the delightful, wonderful, beautiful, woman who was a bit slow to allocate me a device that will be delivered to me on Monday. She first tried to j*rk me off like the rest of CPW saying its delayed till the 22nd, 26th and 30th December, she didn't even know that CWP did the 64gb model. She tried a new order for the 64gb which was allocated a device so she basically allocated me another device that's gonna be added to the warehouse on Monday and despatched same day to my house. She then called it the 32gb version and when I asked her to confirm what device I ordered she called it an iPhone 32gb, paused, and then said nexus 6 64gb blue. I asked her to confirm that it'll be sent to me on Monday and she said "yes, 99.99999% sure".

Either I'm getting an iPhone or disappointment on Monday or some how she's managed to get me a nexus.

Thanks to all the people who cancelled their CPW orders for giffgaff, o2 and tesco, I'm guessing I got one of your devices.

Alhumdulillah (praise the lord!)

Sent from my Nexus 4

MashaAllah.
    Google....
    iUsZx5BNH3ZuUpA2zCRIiEE4hML7L2B1EIczIRkVxD1-fQrLBSEe2_jK0cYvGb762_EGgLK38aX6p22BRsBUq48o-1qlfcPzefgC-J1S85FFIoJMvMhLOClaqXnsGawOxnkoEZ-4oi0=w441-h333-nc