[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL][KTU84Q] SlimKat - Amami [Build 9][+ Weeklies]

Search This thread

jdstrydom

Jan 14, 2009
Mossel Bay
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
f2fs tried to switch the file system, but failed because the installer slimkat constantly reformatted to ext4 . after he does not recognize the data partition which f2fs .
How to migrate ?

have you checked in f2fs thread? i will remember there is something about editing updater script in rom package

+1 to what funiewski said. you have to change / remove the line in the script that formats /system as ext4 in updater script.

on a previous device I was successful doing the following as well with TWRP:
1.) Somewhere in TWRP advanced settings you can set it to use rm -rf for formatting instead of the standard mkfs. I selected that.
2.) I had my /data & /cache on F2FS, but like mentioned flashing the ROM reformatted /system to EXT4. While in recovery, I proceeded to backup /system with TWRP to external SD.
3.) While still in recovery, I then used TWRP to convert/reformat /system as F2FS
4.) While still in recovery, I restored /system from the backup made on external SD from step 2. Because I told TWRP to use rm -rf in step 1, when the restore of /system was done, it didn't change the filesystem; so I ended up with /system on f2fs as well.

This was quite a while ago, not sure if it will work anymore though. I flash nightlies a lot, so I decided in the end to rather leave /system as EXT4. F2FS excels where there is a lot of read-write (like cache & data), so the benefit from converting the mostly read-only /system to F2FS every-time was not worth the effort for me.

good luck though

glehel

Jun 9, 2013
ASUS ZenFone 8
+1 to what funiewski said. you have to change / remove the line in the script that formats /system as ext4 in updater script.

on a previous device I was successful doing the following as well with TWRP:
1.) Somewhere in TWRP advanced settings you can set it to use rm -rf for formatting instead of the standard mkfs. I selected that.
2.) I had my /data & /cache on F2FS, but like mentioned flashing the ROM reformatted /system to EXT4. While in recovery, I proceeded to backup /system with TWRP to external SD.
3.) While still in recovery, I then used TWRP to convert/reformat /system as F2FS
4.) While still in recovery, I restored /system from the backup made on external SD from step 2. Because I told TWRP to use rm -rf in step 1, when the restore of /system was done, it didn't change the filesystem; so I ended up with /system on f2fs as well.

This was quite a while ago, not sure if it will work anymore though. I flash nightlies a lot, so I decided in the end to rather leave /system as EXT4. F2FS excels where there is a lot of read-write (like cache & data), so the benefit from converting the mostly read-only /system to F2FS every-time was not worth the effort for me.

good luck though
"I get the error that you can not mount / data / cache after f2fs Format"
install great devs kernel and start then slimkat. check my data and cache f2fs and system ext4.
the nandroid backup and it worked well.
The kernel does not support basic slimkat f2fs the file system?
Thank you!

Last edited:

micha12435

Mar 31, 2009
Ringtones

In System Preferences / sounds / ringtones all ringtones appear in selection media memory now 5x but it works only one. This affects only the ringtones that are on the memory card.
It looks as if at every update egel whether factory reset or wipe cache and Dalvik only a "phantom ringtone" in media storage happen.
Physically, but is only once every ringtone on the memory card available.
does anyone have an idea how I get the phantom sounds off?

juried

Jan 29, 2011
Sorry if this has been asked before... Can the original Sony camera app be used here? Can the digital blobs/libraries be copied into the right places so that the proper drivers are used? I have read that the original Sony app works better...

henhoy

Aug 21, 2008
Sorry if this has been asked before... Can the original Sony camera app be used here? Can the digital blobs/libraries be copied into the right places so that the proper drivers are used? I have read that the original Sony app works better...

Nope.

Sendt fra min Z1 Compact med Tapatalk

Gronkdalonka

Apr 5, 2009
Bremen
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F3
In System Preferences / sounds / ringtones all ringtones appear in selection media memory now 5x but it works only one. This affects only the ringtones that are on the memory card.
It looks as if at every update egel whether factory reset or wipe cache and Dalvik only a "phantom ringtone" in media storage happen.
Physically, but is only once every ringtone on the memory card available.
does anyone have an idea how I get the phantom sounds off?

Goto Settings>Apps>All Apps>Mediastorage
Kill the process and Clear Data (no actual media files are removed)

then reboot and wait for the media scan to finish ( can take a minute or two )

Then re-select your ringtone

this also gets rid of "ghost images"

:)

LazyT

Jul 12, 2011
When I look at crowdin the german translations are 100% done, but in the last weekly I see untranslated strings (for example "sound -> quiet hours").

Is this not automatically included in the build process yet or is the localization device specific?

Gronkdalonka

Apr 5, 2009
Bremen
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F3
When I look at crowdin the german translations are 100% done, but in the last weekly I see untranslated strings (for example "sound -> quiet hours").

Is this not automatically included in the build process yet or is the localization device specific?

SlimRoms Google+ Group [url said:
https://plus.google.com/communities/104509876514579429216][/url]
Andi B.

Hey together! Thanks a lot for a ton of translation requests! For most languages we stil have no proofreader - only approved translations get merged.

If you are able to proofread translations in your mothers languages please let me know on crowdin also.

Keep up the great contribution!

So this would mean the translations are not yet approved ;)

loewenherz

Jan 30, 2011
Camera lagging/stuttering/dying on Slim 4.4.4 8.16 weekly?

First of all: Thanks for making Slim available to this device. I've been using this rom for years on my old Motorola Razr and now decided to get the Z1 Compact. Very happy to see this port!

I got problems with the camera on the rom though: At first everything's fine but some time into setting everything up, the camera starts lagging/stuttering and soon after the camera app dies. From then on it's either "Camera failed" or "Can't connect to the camera" (maybe not the exact english error messages, I translated those) when I try to open the camera app.

I read up on the topic and it seems to be a myriad of different possibilities which may cause this problem - so I'm rather lost. I tried many of the recommended solutions but none of them has worked so far. Is this maybe a rom-specific issue? Is anybody else experiencing problems with the camera on the latest 8.16 build of slim on the Xperia Z1 Compact?

Thanks and greetings,
loewenherz

*edit: Catlog during the camera error <- this time, camera started, i could take a photo and then it began to stutter and then died

*SOLUTION found: The problem is my Samsung Evo 64gb micro sd card - when it is inserted, it seems to work just fine but it crashes the camera every time. Other micro sd cards work just fine. So it is _not_ a rom-specific problem!

Last edited:
Reactions: pathaniya

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
SlimKat build 8.18 Weekly [14-12-02] Is Up

Changelog For [SlimKat 8.14/16]: (Previous Weeklies)
  • hardware_qcom_display-caf-new updates
  • hardware_qcom_media-caf-new updates
  • frameworks/native updates aosp caf
  • frameworks/av updates aosp caf

Changelog For [SlimKat 8.18]: (Current Weekly)
  • Updates to frameworks_av caf
  • Updates to translations

Device specific:
  • Upstream for sony_common
    • Fix traditional sort

• Upstream for sony_qcom-common
    • Ril: Support for SEEK on Android
    • Separate A and B family media codecs
    • fix traditional sort
    • make osX devs happy

• Upstream for rhine-common
    • Add permission for dynamic fps
    • releasetools: use set_metadata instead of set_perm
    • make osx devs happy
    • mount FOTAKernel partition to recovery
    • Support for SEEK on Android

• Upstream for Amami
    • Fix traditional sort
    • Make osx devs happy

[B]www.slimroms.net[/B]

Enjoy, Regards,
Omar.

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
SlimKat build 8.20 Weekly [14-12-09] Is Up

Minor changes:
  • SystemUI: Ensure that the Clock is actually enabled in IconMerger
  • More Translations
  • frameworks/base updates aosp caf
  • package_apps_Settings updates

• sony_qcom-common updates
    • ril: Support for SEEK on Android

www.slimroms.net

Also! SlimLP is good on rhine now (except mic/camera/recovery of course :p)

LU2cjXT.png

Regards,
Omar.

micha12435

Mar 31, 2009
One problem that I had after many updates, despite wipe Dalvik cache and, under Settings / User interface - can no longer select the notification indicator.
When you select notification indicator, immediately get the message: "Settings" has ended.
Does anyone know a solution to this or do I have now before each update do a full wipe?

bratusm

Nov 19, 2012
Ljubljana
One problem that I had after many updates, despite wipe Dalvik cache and, under Settings / User interface - can no longer select the notification indicator.
When you select notification indicator, immediately get the message: "Settings" has ended.
Does anyone know a solution to this or do I have now before each update do a full wipe?

On "Installation page": http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/installation (link in OP) says:
2. Updating SlimRoms while on the same Android version (e.g. slimkat to slimkat) without losing data/apps (Dirty flash):
We don’t recommend this method as it might subject users to miscellaneous bugs.
If you face any bugs after using this method then please do a clean flash before reporting.

- Download latest SlimRoms and latest gapps and put them on your sd card
- Boot to recovery
- In CWM, wipe cache, dalvik and format system in mounts and storage section
- In TWRP choose advanced in wipe section and wipe cache, dalvik and system
- Flash ROM
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat - Amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    OmarEinea, SlimRoms, prbassplayer
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-26
    Current Beta Version: Build 8.20
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-09

Created 2014-08-16
    Last Updated 2014-12-29
    SlimKat Stable 9.0

test5.jpg
    • Features:
      • Settings revamp
      • Heads up transparency and colour
      • Added SlimLauncher [remove nova launcher]
      • Proximity Wake: Add support for checking proximity when waking device (for specific devices)
      • Volume panel time out
      • Status bar ticker
      • Automatic Proximity Speaker
      • Fix notification icons overlapping with centre clock

• Updates:
      • frameworks/av updates aosp caf
      • frameworks/native updates aosp caf
      • APN updates
      • Translations

• Device specific updates:
      rhine updates
      • Revert "ril: Support for SEEK on Android"
      • cleanup fstab
      kernel_sony_msm8974 updates
      • intellidemand: cumulative updateis to version 5.5
      • Final version bump!
      • scripts: remove localversion "+" from kernel version strings

Download Link:

You'll find two stable 9.0 builds in download folder, only use this build:

Slim-amami-4.4.4.build.9.0-OFFICIAL-8314.zip

Regards,
    Omar.
    SlimKat build 8.20 Weekly [14-12-09] Is Up

Minor changes:
    • SystemUI: Ensure that the Clock is actually enabled in IconMerger
    • More Translations
    • package_apps_Settings updates

• sony_qcom-common updates
      • ril: Support for SEEK on Android

www.slimroms.net

Also! SlimLP is good on rhine now (except mic/camera/recovery of course :p)

LU2cjXT.png

Regards,
    Omar.
    Testers For Stable build 9.0!

Alright guys, so we're preparing to release The Final build of SlimKat [Stable Build 9]
    So I'll need some of you guys to try a test build I just compiled and do some deep testing for everything you can,
    I wonna make sure that everything is ok and it's ready to be called stable :)

The final touches (above the last weekly) for rhine family are:
    - Updated intellidemand gov to version 5.5 (latest one)
    - Add IPC Security Config
    - Cleaned up some rhine related stuff
    - Final kernel version :)

So the most important thing to test is intellidemand gov! ;)

If anyone is interested in testing the build before the next wednesday,
    then pm me to get credentials to login and download the build from slim website!

Slim-amami-4.4.4.build.9.0-OFFICIAL-TEST.zip :p

Regards,
    Omar.
    SlimKat build 8.4 Weekly [14-10-07] Is Up

Changelog For the SlimKat 8.4:
    • Frameworks_base: Update ringtons, notification sounds and alarms
    • Frameworks_av caf: MatroskaExtractor: Letting the error be correctly handled
    • Translations Updates
    • Updates for APN's and SPN's

• Device Specific:
      • Rhine family:
        • Add camera hack fix
        • Merge in Adrenos blobs from 17.1.2.A.0.314
        • Kernel upstream from CM

Enjoy & Regards,
    Omar.