[Rom][N910VOYU1ANI1][4.4.4] Stock Root Deodex/Knox-Free Updated 11/24/2014

Search This thread

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
[Rom][N910VOYU1ANI1][4.4.4] Stock Root Deodex/Knox-Free

Here is the Stock Flashable N910VOYU1ANI1 Rooted, Deodex, Knox Free. Built from the original factory image

All of my mods listed in my mods OP will work with this Rom: Grab Them Here!!!

I will build a Safe Strap version as soon as you retail guys get root with Safe Strap!!!

I need some testers for my new Rom. Please PM me if you are interested.

Requirments are TWRP Recovery

Features:

Deodex
Rooted
Zipaligned
Init.d support
Knox Free
ad blocking
Native WiFi Hotspot
Removed Verizon OTA updater
Removed How To Nonsense from Verizon.
Read/Write to external storage

ROM Zips:

Secure Storage = False Zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473394561 Updated 11/28/2014

Secure Storage - True Zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473394531 Updated 11/28/2014

With Secure Storage set to True Private Mode will function, with it set to False Private Mode will not function.

If you want to run Private Mode with Secure Storage set to false, just flash my Private Mode Mod found on my Note 4 Mod page.

A few apps will error out on start up. Just finish setup and go to the Play Store to update apps to fix problem.

The following factory apps have had all QMG. WEBP and ASET images converted to PNG'S:

SystemUI.apk

framework-res.apk

twframework-res.apk

SecSettings.apk

ClockPackage.apk

InCallUI.apk

SamsungIME.apk

SecCalculator2.apk

SecContacts_Note_USA.apk

SecEmail_K.apk

SPlanner.apk

SecMms_Cherry.apk

Installation Instructions:

1: DO A NANDROID
2: Download the ROM and copy it to your external SD card.
3: Do a complete wipe by checking Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, Internal Storage and System from TWRP.
4: Install the ROM via TWRP.
5: Reboot and Enjoy

Please be patient when the phone reboots. It will sit on the boot animation for as long as 5 min.

If you decide not to follow these instructions and have problems please don't complain that something is not working!!!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANKS!! THIS TOOK MANY HOURS TO PUT TOGETHER!!!!

If any other Dev's want to use this as a base, please feel free to do so with proper credit!! No need to ask me!!

Last edited:

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Show Low
Rom

This should be mention that this is for the Developer Edition Only!

Actually it would run perfectly on a stock Verizon Note 4 if it had Root and a working TWRP recovery!!!! If that ever happens!!!! If and when they achieve root and safestrap on the stock version. I will mod to make it work with safestrap.

Poloasis

Oct 11, 2010
Philadelphia
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Actually it would run perfectly on a stock Verizon Note 4 if it had Root and a working TWRP recovery!!!! If that ever happens!!!! If and when they achieve root and safestrap on the stock version. I will mod to make it work with safestrap.

Roger that, I tough also it would. BTW great job. I was loosing hope on this phone very quickly lol

Reactions: EMSpilot

Menchelke

Dec 3, 2010
With this ROM can I enable ART? I am running Xposed currently, to enable wifi tether.

However, I basically want a stock rom with knox removed, and verizon stuff removed, and wifi tether and secure storage enabled. This sounds exactly like that, I also want to maybe try out using ART instead of dalvik. (Even though I am to ignorant to know the full implications behind the change, I do know that with Xposed, I have to keep my phone on dalvik.)

Thanks. And thanks were given for this rom already! You rock.

Reactions: EMSpilot

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Show Low
ART

With this ROM can I enable ART? I am running Xposed currently, to enable wifi tether.

However, I basically want a stock rom with knox removed, and verizon stuff removed, and wifi tether and secure storage enabled. This sounds exactly like that, I also want to maybe try out using ART instead of dalvik. (Even though I am to ignorant to know the full implications behind the change, I do know that with Xposed, I have to keep my phone on dalvik.)

I have not tried ART yet. But the needed items for it are in the ROM!!

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Show Low
ART

Been running ART for about an hour!! Seem's to run Great!!!

mithusingh32

Dec 14, 2010
just flashed it with no problem.
Ran into a problem with installing apps. It'll download and then just get stuck. I'll do more testing and see if its the rom or myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Rom][N910VOYU1ANI1][4.4.4] Stock Root Deodex/Knox-Free

Here is the Stock Flashable N910VOYU1ANI1 Rooted, Deodex, Knox Free. Built from the original factory image

All of my mods listed in my mods OP will work with this Rom: Grab Them Here!!!

I will build a Safe Strap version as soon as you retail guys get root with Safe Strap!!!

I need some testers for my new Rom. Please PM me if you are interested.

Requirments are TWRP Recovery

Features:

Deodex
    Rooted
    Zipaligned
    Init.d support
    Knox Free
    ad blocking
    Native WiFi Hotspot
    Removed Verizon OTA updater
    Removed How To Nonsense from Verizon.
    Read/Write to external storage

ROM Zips:

Secure Storage = False Zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473394561 Updated 11/28/2014

Secure Storage - True Zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473394531 Updated 11/28/2014

With Secure Storage set to True Private Mode will function, with it set to False Private Mode will not function.

If you want to run Private Mode with Secure Storage set to false, just flash my Private Mode Mod found on my Note 4 Mod page.

A few apps will error out on start up. Just finish setup and go to the Play Store to update apps to fix problem.

The following factory apps have had all QMG. WEBP and ASET images converted to PNG'S:

SystemUI.apk

framework-res.apk

twframework-res.apk

SecSettings.apk

ClockPackage.apk

InCallUI.apk

SamsungIME.apk

SecCalculator2.apk

SecContacts_Note_USA.apk

SecEmail_K.apk

SPlanner.apk

SecMms_Cherry.apk

Installation Instructions:

1: DO A NANDROID
    2: Download the ROM and copy it to your external SD card.
    3: Do a complete wipe by checking Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, Internal Storage and System from TWRP.
    4: Install the ROM via TWRP.
    5: Reboot and Enjoy

Please be patient when the phone reboots. It will sit on the boot animation for as long as 5 min.

If you decide not to follow these instructions and have problems please don't complain that something is not working!!!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANKS!! THIS TOOK MANY HOURS TO PUT TOGETHER!!!!

If any other Dev's want to use this as a base, please feel free to do so with proper credit!! No need to ask me!!
    Rom

This should be mention that this is for the Developer Edition Only!

lollipop

If anyone gets a hold of lollipop firmware for Verizon Note 4. Official or Leak. Let me know so I can build a flashable lollipop Rom for us Dev Phone users.
    Flashlight Toggle - Official Status

I just updated my Mods Page to include Flashlight Toggle Mod and Official Status Mod!!!

Enjoy!!
    Security app

Is there something that we can freeze or uninstall that will stop the security update notification?

How to disable the annoying Security Update Notification
    Using Titanium Backup look for the app "Security policy updates SPD_v2_1408_5_2" and freeze it