[ROM][5.1.1][EOL][Lollipop][Official][Nightlies] NamelessROM 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Syed Muneeb

Jun 9, 2014
Facing Bootloops Anyone Can Help me Out Running Mutanam V5... Boeffla Kernel... I Wipe All Factory Data Then Install nameless Then Flash Gapps.. With Philzz Recovery. Still Getting bootloops :(

tdcfpp

Dec 20, 2010
Well I've been using this rom for a couple of days,and here is my opinion. Battery life for me is amazing,much better than i had on kk roms. I don't have any wi fi problem or random reboots or some other bugs ppl are complaining. Only thing it bothers me is signal strength icon..its stucked at 2 bars. Other things are just smooth and working.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

As far as I remember there was a similar bug with signal bars at beginning of cm11. Look in settings about phone and look at the signal intensity.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Oh good news, but do we can build from your sources? All is up-to-date?

Yes. Today I started from zero, and all needed patches for i9300 are there.

Moster2

Apr 20, 2012
As far as I remember there was a similar bug with signal bars at beginning of cm11. Look in settings about phone and look at the signal intensity.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Nah, not everything is public. For example patches to opt telephony are missing.

d1rekt0r

Aug 14, 2012

How well does the HWC work atm ?

jasi275

Oct 1, 2013
Ohhh. I'm so disappointed :( Flashed on my S3- everything is so cool and supersmooth- but..... WiFi fails to connect :( ..... it says ''authentication problem'' when trying to connect.
Had to go back to CM11. Will there be any update of this soon? Or....dead? :rolleyes:

Don't say that man you need to read both cm12 and nameless thread to know actually what's going on. These days some of the stuff about each thread is found on the other one.

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
OnePlus 8 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Guys, I have a good news to share. Apparently the N7100 kernel rebase proved to be good and I have some change of plans with the HWC. Initial tests were very promising and it is the first time in years that my S3 was able to match the performance of my Nexus 4.

It has been a known fact that the HWC on our device was doing nothing and it was a mere placebo. However, that is not the case now. We have managed to get full functionality out of HWC and here are few examples.

attachment.php

In the above example, you can notice that the Wallpaper is being composed by the HWC. The Original size of the wallpaper is 1600x1256, which is quite oversized for our device, but the HWC takes care of the resizing to match the screen size. This makes the wallpaper looks much more neat and the overall performance of the launcher is greatly improved.

attachment.php

In the above image, you can see that the video playback is performed using HWC. It's a Full HD video which is resized using the HWC to match the screen size. The SurfaceView that displays the video content is being composed by the HWC instead of using GLES as it was the case before. Using HWC to compose video content improves battery life during video streaming and playback.

The performance has greatly improved especially during scrolling in certain places. There are few bugs which which prevent proper functioning of the device especially at times when the screen decides to go completely blank, which we are currently looking into. I would like to thank @tdcfpp for his outstanding work when it comes to ARM disassembly and his work with the Opensource Gralloc. Without his contributions, things wouldn't have moved forward. I am glad that he had not given up on his S3 and decided to buy another S3 even when his device broke . :good:

I am currently on a long awaited vacation and I cannot work on anything until the end of next week. However, I have pushed all of the sources regardless of the change in plans with HWC. I will consider having a new development branch with includes a rebased kernel along with few changes for the HWC and I will merge the changes to the mainstream when things are in good shape.

Long live S3! :D

This is the only one reason I am still surfing s3 forum even if I don't have s3 :D
. @tdcfpp, @dhiru1602 : you are best devs here keeping this device alive..
for those who are asking for code : ask google to give you android 6.0 source, If they made available to you then ask here for sources..
Not a single dev drop sources of uncompleted project if he/she want to fix it or still working on it..
Neither Google nor Dhiru..
he/she will only share code after his satisfaction of project or he/she tired of working on it and giving up on that project..
now, yes, lollipop development for i9300 is parted..
AFAIK : Dhiru and Javi, maintainer of i9300 for nameless rom
And : @Moster2, @JustArchi, @arter97 who are working on cm12.
so many asked for teaming up in one.
but there are separate ways for both teams..
Nameless strongly working for openness..
cm12 is working on stable build..
so, they can't be teamed up with different destination, right ?
for example, cm11 removed source build camera HAL and introduced wrapper for camera using stock precompiled lib..
but nameless guys still on open hal of camera..
Javi and Dhiru are in touch for almost year, after this such long time they are able do such real development here..
they really hard working devs here, not just working around issues..
As dhiru, former member of TeamHackSung, made Galaxy SL fully open source device same as for lg p970..
and Javi, Expert is arm disassembly, made open source gralloc ( and many things going on locally), fixed very annoying after call battery ..
these are too much experienced devs..
as I remember, two years ago, Javier was just a normal dev who was compiling roms and understanding logs and fixing normal issues..
now look where he is : fixing hwc with Dhiru : historical moment in s3 development..
Let dhiru publish his sources after fixing things, then other devs like @JustArchi, @Moster2 take a look on source then they will also help to fix some remaining on unseen problem, then there will be true teamwork..
we need just more time and there will be one devs union in s3 section..
every one of them is important here..

thanks for keeping this device alive..
Sorry if I said something wrong..
suing dev for source or any other thing only make him stop development for this device, so think before pointing dev..

Last edited:

yusuf_adsas

Aug 27, 2013
di Bumi Pertiwi
This is the only one reason I am still surfing s3 forum even if I don't have s3 :D
. @tdcfpp, @dhiru1602 : you are best devs here keeping this device alive..
for those who are asking for code : ask google to give you android 6.0 source, If they made available to you then ask here for sources..
Not a single dev drop sources of uncompleted project if he/she want to fix it or still working on it..
Neither Google nor Dhiru..
he/she will only share code after his satisfaction of project or he/she tired of working on it and giving up on that project..
now, yes, lollipop development for i9300 is parted..
AFAIK : Dhiru and Javi, maintainer of i9300 for nameless rom
And : @Moster2, @JustArchi, @arter97 who are working on cm12.
so many asked for teaming up in one.
but there are separate ways for both teams..
Nameless strongly working for openness..
cm12 is working on stable build..
so, they can't be teamed up with different destination, right ?
for example, cm11 removed source build camera HAL and introduced wrapper for camera using stock precompiled lib..
but nameless guys still on open hal of camera..
Javi and Dhiru are in touch for almost year, after this such long time they are able do such real development here..
they really hard working devs here, not just working around issues..
As dhiru, former member of TeamHackSung, made Galaxy SL fully open source device same as for lg p970..
and Javi, Expert is arm disassembly, made open source gralloc ( and many things going on locally), fixed very annoying after call battery ..
these are too much experienced devs..
Now for @Moster2, @JustArchi : they are devs, but not as experienced as dhiru and javi, they are still learning lot of things..
as I remember, two years ago, Javier was just a normal dev who was compiling roms and understanding logs and fixing normal issues..
now look where he is : fixing hwc with Dhiru : historical moment in s3 development..
same will go with archi, moster etc after year, maybe they will be in place of Javier. and Javier, Dhiru maybe retired from this device..
but right now : let them be on their own..
I am neither praising Dhiru, Javi not insulting Archi, Moster2..
every one of them is important here..
just real facts here..
thanks for keeping this device alive..
Sorry if I said something wrong..
suing dev for source or any other thing only make him stop development for this device, so think before pointing dev..
Oh wow

Sent from my handphone, not yours

earth08

Jan 4, 2011
Is anyone here who uses i9305?
Is our working properly,
Can it be used as daily driver?
Please guide,
Thanks in adv
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

arter97

Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2012
Seoul
Guys, I have a good news to share. Apparently the N7100 kernel rebase proved to be good and I have some change of plans with the HWC. Initial tests were very promising and it is the first time in years that my S3 was able to match the performance of my Nexus 4.

It has been a known fact that the HWC on our device was doing nothing and it was a mere placebo. However, that is not the case now. We have managed to get full functionality out of HWC and here are few examples.

attachment.php

In the above example, you can notice that the Wallpaper is being composed by the HWC. The Original size of the wallpaper is 1600x1256, which is quite oversized for our device, but the HWC takes care of the resizing to match the screen size. This makes the wallpaper looks much more neat and the overall performance of the launcher is greatly improved.

attachment.php

In the above image, you can see that the video playback is performed using HWC. It's a Full HD video which is resized using the HWC to match the screen size. The SurfaceView that displays the video content is being composed by the HWC instead of using GLES as it was the case before. Using HWC to compose video content improves battery life during video streaming and playback.

The performance has greatly improved especially during scrolling in certain places. There are few bugs which which prevent proper functioning of the device especially at times when the screen decides to go completely blank, which we are currently looking into. I would like to thank @tdcfpp for his outstanding work when it comes to ARM disassembly and his work with the Opensource Gralloc. Without his contributions, things wouldn't have moved forward. I am glad that he had not given up on his S3 and decided to buy another S3 even when his device broke . :good:

I am currently on a long awaited vacation and I cannot work on anything until the end of next week. However, I have pushed all of the sources regardless of the change in plans with HWC. I will consider having a new development branch with includes a rebased kernel along with few changes for the HWC and I will merge the changes to the mainstream when things are in good shape.

That's fantastic.. nice work!

The only thing I was not liking on AOSPs was the lack of proper graphics support.

Nameless brought a first working HWC for AOSP, and I'm really glad this is now taken to the next level.

And I also got some questions :
1. Is the "fence" source in s3cfb properly working?
A few custom kernels out there which is already based on other Exynos 4412 devices that got a KitKat update(such as N7100 & E210) had an issue with fencing with the new s3cfb source. @Moster2 got a workaround, explicitly disabling fencing completely. I'm curious to see if fencing works with your awesome progress..

2. Will the new HWC properly work with Samsung's Mali r3p2?
I actually doubt it will, but several users of my kernel report that NamelessROM(KitKat) works perfectly fine with my kernel with just the Mali blobs changed(including libMali, libUMP). I'm wondering if using Samsung's Mali r3p2 will break anything with the new HWC.

cba1986

Aug 8, 2010
Somewhere in Buenos Aires
That's fantastic.. nice work!

The only thing I was not liking on AOSPs was the lack of proper graphics support.

Nameless brought a first working HWC for AOSP, and I'm really glad this is now taken to the next level.

And I also got some questions :
1. Is the "fence" source in s3cfb properly working?
A few custom kernels out there which is already based on other Exynos 4412 devices that got a KitKat update(such as N7100 & E210) had an issue with fencing with the new s3cfb source. @Moster2 got a workaround, explicitly disabling fencing completely. I'm curious to see if fencing works with your awesome progress..

2. Will the new HWC properly work with Samsung's Mali r3p2?
I actually doubt it will, but several users of my kernel report that NamelessROM(KitKat) works perfectly fine with my kernel with just the Mali blobs changed(including libMali, libUMP). I'm wondering if using Samsung's Mali r3p2 will break anything with the new HWC.

I would love to see this implemented in @arter97 kernel.

tdcfpp

Dec 20, 2010
And is that a lot of work to get working or is that unknown?

Without support of a surfaceflinger expert, it can be very hard.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

https://github.com/ArchiDroid/ArchiKernel/commit/88e64b4f8a61f8bc8d92e9ac8df9d8071084105c

If your kernel source contains ifdefed parts and doesn't cause graphical glitches, it works fine with fences.

Well, then I'm 95% sure that fences do work.
There where some artifacts caused by a bug in UMP, but I think I've fixed them.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

How is the memory management ?.In AOSP ROM Ram issue is plaguing since beginning.

Look here:

https://github.com/NamelessRom/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos4/tree/android-4.4/libgralloc_ump

https://github.com/NamelessRom/android_hardware_samsung_slsi_exynos4/tree/android-4.4/libUMP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is NamelessROM?

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

What is NamelessROM ?
    Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.
    Visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @Evisceration, or @dhiru1602 for information.

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    Optionally you can also use our own OTA Updater

Contributions and Credit

• Android/Google/AOSP
    • AOKP
    • AOSPA
    • CyanogenMod
    • OmniROM
    • SlimROMs
    • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

Downloads

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hello everyone,

Things are going great so far. Expect a brand new release later today.
    This is not really a bug.
    But @dhiru1602, what about the SU binaries? I can't seem to find them, because I get these annoying Cell Broadcasts and I want to disable them using the terminal emulator. But it says, "su: not found"

The link is in the OP. You just need to flash it.

They will be merged when the source is available.

I have fixed mobile data. The fix will be in the next build along with GPS fix and few fixes to prevent reboots.