[ROM] NonSense *STOCK* Root/Debloated/Deodexed/NoSense [WIP]

Search This thread

KrankyMadCap

Oct 23, 2014
I installed the 1.02 build. I can confirm that this ROM installs and boots/runs fine on the Fido/Rogers version of the 510. My only suggestion is to get rid of the god aweful cricket splash screen during boot. The stock fido Rom has no branding on it whatsoever. I know this is only beta but its good progress. Let me know if you need anything from my ROM to get rid of that branding. Is it possible to put the AOSP launcher in this ROM instead of forcing users to use Apex or Nova? Regardless good work so far!

WorkingOnWise

Mar 6, 2011
Feature Request

I'm loving this rom so far. Would you please consider either putting the fm radio features back in, or making a flashable zip so I can put it back?

Thanks

Mar 3, 2014
Rev. 1.03 is currently uploading. Should be live within an hour. This update includes;
  • Hotspot tethering enabled
  • Cricket branding removed
  • Google Play Edition boot animation
  • Various bugfixes

The current plan for 1.04 is adding the AOSP launcher in place of Nova/Apex, along with squishing any further bugs found.

Mar 3, 2014
Just want to Thank Everyone involved with this project. And the root thread. Im fairly new to custom ROMs and the process couldnt have gone any smoother. :)

You have no idea how many hours I've put into this, lol.

I started working on it the day after TWRP got ported, and put at /least/ 4 hours into it each day when I got home from work. On my days off, I'd spend the entirety of the daylight hours researching and trying new things. This was a much bigger project than I anticipated, and the feedback I've been getting has made the many hours I put into this ROM all worth it. Not sure if I'll be continuing the path of ROM development with any other devices, as it takes a LOT of time, but I can say it has been a really engaging learning experience.

I can't stress enough how many thanks I owe to the community as a whole, for all of the information that I gathered from everyone's past experiences with developing Android content. Once I reach a point of releasing a 100% stable build, I'll be retiring this project with high hopes for the more experienced devs to build off of, or just hand the project over to someone else entirely. Sadly, I lack the free time to continue developing things like this for too long. Having to balance a full time job, wife, and a two year old daughter is already pretty difficult, but I wanted to give back to the community that's done nothing but handed out free information for years, and this is the only seemingly fit way I could find to do so.

By giving you guys a taste of freedom with the HTC Desire 510. A phone that had gone months without having any attention paid to it.

I sincerely want to thank everyone for there time, patience, and suggestions. I really couldn't have done this without you.

deezy123

Dec 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to make this! Much better than all the sense bloat.

FYI installed the latest 1.03 on my Sprint CDMA phone no problem. I only use it unactivated as a mini tablet though but wifi and everything else seems perfect for now.

Reactions: lafinjack

tylerholbrook

Feb 20, 2011
Tethering works great! Thanks for all your hard work! Finally I can use my phone, and battery is a lot better too, maybe its just greenify, but nothing draining it a lot anymore

Installed xposed framework, sense 6 toolbox and can now mod the status bar and various other parts, now I just want a vanilla android like dialer, hate htcs

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: newbuss

comeonamit

Aug 13, 2008
S-Off now how to get to SuperCID

hello CraviingCritic, thanks a lot for all the effort and a great S-Off, we now have just one last part renaming before we free the phone from the clutches of the carriers, can anyone here help to get the SuperCID on this phone to get the radio free....

WorkingOnWise

Mar 6, 2011
I was hunting down root, recovery, and roms for my cricket 510 before I even bought it, and it was flashed to this rom within 10 hours of activation, so I have no idea what the stock battery life is, but on this rom with heavy use, wifi and Bluetooth and GPS on, I'm burning through 15% an hour! Is that typical for this phone, or just this rom? My S5 typically burned 6-7% an hour in the same conditions.

Also, any hope of getting the fm radio back?

I do like this rom better than the stock. Thank you for all your hard work on it. Going to flash 1.03 now. Am on 1.02 at the moment.

Thanks

Ajfink

Dec 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to make this! Much better than all the sense bloat.

FYI installed the latest 1.03 on my Sprint CDMA phone no problem. I only use it unactivated as a mini tablet though but wifi and everything else seems perfect for now.

Do you get any signal indicators? What about in the Settings > About Phone > Status?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello everyone!

I'm pleased to announce my first full-fledged Android project: NoSense for the HTC Desire 510.
    This ROM has only been tested on the Cricket version of the Desire 510. Installing this ROM on any other device may cause issues, including bricks. Attempt at your own risk!

**I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!**

Features
    • HTC Sense Removed
    • Removed Carrier Bloat
    • One-Click Root Option
    • Stock Launcher Replaced
    • Deodexed

Known Bugs
    None! :D

Screenshots
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Instructions
    1. Download ZIP file (at bottom of post)
    2. Place ZIP on SD card (adb folder if sideloading)
    3. Manually wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik Cache partitions (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
    4. Install NonSense1_03.zip
    5. Ignore "No OS Installed" message and reboot

Changelog

Rev. 1.01 - 12-5-14
    Initial Release

Rev. 1.02 - 12-5-14
    Wifi HotFix
    Added custom kernel

Rev. 1.03 - 12-7-14
    Wifi Tethering Enabled
    Cricket Branding Removed
    New Boot Animation
    Various bugfixes

Special Thanks
    NeoDraven - Helping me remove/replace Blinkfeed!
    rbheromax - Providing a working META_INF setup!
    shinru2004 - Providing Non-Write-Protected Kernel for Cricket Desire 510
    Everyone - For your patience!

F.A.Q

Q: Will this work on Sprint/Virgin/Boost/etc?
    A: Maybe, maybe not. This ROM has only been tested on the Cricket model.

Q: Will this remove Network/SIM lock?
    A: No.

Q: S-Off?
    A: Yes.

DOWNLOADS
    NonSense Beta 1.03
    NonSense Beta 1.02 (Mirror)
    NonSense Beta 1.01
    S-Off Kernel -courtesy of shinru2004-

Feel free to buy me a beer if you like my work! ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    NonSense, ROM for the HTC Desire 510

Contributors
    CraviingCritic, CraviingCritic
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 4.4.2 ROM
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.02
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-05

Created 2014-12-03
    Last Updated 2014-12-05
    Just want to Thank Everyone involved with this project. And the root thread. Im fairly new to custom ROMs and the process couldnt have gone any smoother. :)

You have no idea how many hours I've put into this, lol.

I started working on it the day after TWRP got ported, and put at /least/ 4 hours into it each day when I got home from work. On my days off, I'd spend the entirety of the daylight hours researching and trying new things. This was a much bigger project than I anticipated, and the feedback I've been getting has made the many hours I put into this ROM all worth it. Not sure if I'll be continuing the path of ROM development with any other devices, as it takes a LOT of time, but I can say it has been a really engaging learning experience.

I can't stress enough how many thanks I owe to the community as a whole, for all of the information that I gathered from everyone's past experiences with developing Android content. Once I reach a point of releasing a 100% stable build, I'll be retiring this project with high hopes for the more experienced devs to build off of, or just hand the project over to someone else entirely. Sadly, I lack the free time to continue developing things like this for too long. Having to balance a full time job, wife, and a two year old daughter is already pretty difficult, but I wanted to give back to the community that's done nothing but handed out free information for years, and this is the only seemingly fit way I could find to do so.

By giving you guys a taste of freedom with the HTC Desire 510. A phone that had gone months without having any attention paid to it.

I sincerely want to thank everyone for there time, patience, and suggestions. I really couldn't have done this without you.
    Rev. 1.03 is currently uploading. Should be live within an hour. This update includes;
    • Hotspot tethering enabled
    • Cricket branding removed
    • Google Play Edition boot animation
    • Various bugfixes

The current plan for 1.04 is adding the AOSP launcher in place of Nova/Apex, along with squishing any further bugs found.
    You did it because of this

Version 1.1
    Adjusted Minfree values
    Increased SDcard read ahead (from 512 to 2048)
    Adjusted Low Memory Killer Parameters
    Adjusted Ondemand governor to MSM8960 specs (better scaling and sampling rates)

Version 1.0 Beta
    Ondemand set as default governor
    All Stock Governors Enabled
    Edited OOM values to MSM8960
    Write Protection Removed

...specially the last item. But, you do know you can get back to stock, right? If not, ask... and we will tell you how.

shinru2004 seems to be MIA at the moment. Pretty Much all the devs have been extremely busy with personal life including myself. I'm still looking into camera issue and getting cm12 and Aosp L flashed/booting.

Sent from my XT1028 using XDA Free mobile app