SM - G901F Rooted at last ! CWM Recovery in English ! BUT Aroma not supported

Search This thread

qav

Dec 7, 2014
AndroidGX, i think you give up too easy. This is very new hardware and from what i can tell is superior to the old one. at least for me...

Reactions: AndroidGX

Chanz09

Nov 17, 2009
Hi! :)
I just acquired the G901F aswell, already rooted and installed your recovery find, which is working good at the exception of flashing a ROM that I just made.
I'am using ArchiKitchen to make the ROM, everything is fine about the rom creation part but I always face a Status 6 error code when flashing the ROM via this Recovery.
Just talked with the developer or the kitchen, but unfortunately he have no idea of my error, since the generated updater-script is absolutely perfect, so I'am wondering if the recovery accepts roms higher than 1GB or there is something wrong when reading/traducing the updater-script itself since it stuck at the almost end of the script with errors that are not.

Any help would be appreciated, so I will release the first G901F optimized rom ever, and as I'am a kernel developer also, I already can't wait to release one also but for now my priority is clearly to flash this rom :good:
Thanks in advance ;)

Will wait for your rom. Coming from s2

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Free mobile app

AndroidGX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Very good news guys !! finally succeed an optimized stock rom with root working! it was due to an apps when disabling knox in the archi kitchen ! :) have to find out which one now (even if this optional) :good:
Stay tuned soon! :D
Cheers'

*edit*: heh, finally seems not! damn :( have to investigate more tomorrow then

Last edited:

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Keep up the good work androidGX !! As you can see I even wake up at night to get news from this thread !

Currently still experimentating with Archi Kitchen, and after all those roms created and flashed, I'm proud to say to you guys that I successfully (for real this time) making a G901F rom working perfectly with the following :
  • root
  • busybox
  • init.d
  • knox removed
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned

:good:
Still experimentating yet, stay tuned tomorrow for more news! :cool:
Cheers'

fgth90

Jan 3, 2007
Belfort, France
Currently still experimentating with Archi Kitchen, and after all those roms created and flashed, I'm proud to say to you guys that I successfully (for real this time) making a G901F rom working perfectly with the following :
  • root
  • busybox
  • init.d
  • knox removed
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned

Cheers'

Congratulations :good:

You'll be the very first one :cool::cool:

If you need some test, you know what to do......

All the best
Franck

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Something new in this one?

So far nothing really new I guess, I didn't payed attention but compared to ANIA4, I can see Blocking mode (mode blocage) is back. And something weird but I can remember not seeing the option to disable camera shutter sound when flashing ANK5 via odin, but is back when flashed with my optimized rom, but maybe I'am wrong because I didn't have enough time to really check :good:

Well, now, back from work for more investigation :)

Reactions: fgth90

fgth90

Jan 3, 2007
Belfort, France
So far nothing really new I guess, I didn't payed attention but compared to ANIA4, I can see Blocking mode (mode blocage) is back. And something weird but I can remember not seeing the option to disable camera shutter sound when flashing ANK5 via odin, but is back when flashed with my optimized rom, but maybe I'am wrong because I didn't have enough time to really check :good:

Well, now, back from work for more investigation :)

Well, good work at home so :D:D:D

Don't hesitate if you need help to test...

All the best
Franck

fgth90

Jan 3, 2007
Belfort, France
One difference for this time, with Netherland firmware I have lost in logs selection for have only voice message. specification of Orange.
I hope it's was possible to keep this selection in a new cutom rom ??

Orange's overlay is crap.

The only operator to make things like this for this model.
But they have always done.
This is history for them.

Best regards
Franck

Orange's overlay is crap.

The only operator to make things like this for this model.
But they have always done.
This is history for them.

Best regards
Franck

Yes, I'me ok with you but this option for found only voice messages in logs is very interesting. It's the one thing interesting with orange. And there is no other solution that use their box voice messages.:crying::crying:

fgth90

Jan 3, 2007
Belfort, France
Yes, I'me ok with you but this option for found only voice messages in logs is very interesting. It's the one thing interesting with orange. And there is no other solution that use their box voice messages.:crying::crying:

Sorry, did not understand and don't know what is it for.
Are you talking about notifications only for voice messages?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Keep up the good work androidGX !! As you can see I even wake up at night to get news from this thread !

• root
    • busybox
    • init.d
    • knox removed
    • deodexed
    • zipaligned

Cheers'
    Hello,

Root for G901F is fine now.

All credits to @Chainfire

Tuto's here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980683

File to download is here http://download.chainfire.eu/481/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-kccat6-kccat6xx-smg901f.zip

Be informed that Knox will be affected to 0x1 by rooting.

Edit 2014/12/01:

Added CWM Recovery in English working for G901F.
    Thanks to @Chenglu for making this possible.

Bugs in CWM:

Aroma interface not working (...Aroma doesn't support MSM OVERLAY display mode, g901f kernel only use MSM OVERLAY...) Pb See here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57163957&postcount=26

Everything else is working.

Best regards
    Franky
    Hi guys!
    SimpleGX ROM is finally ready !! please enjoy :good:

Cheers' :cool:

* currently working hard on the thread for now, so not finished yet :)
    Very good news guys !! finally succeed an optimized stock rom with root working! it was due to an apps when disabling knox in the archi kitchen ! :) have to find out which one now (even if this optional) :good:
    Stay tuned soon! :D
    Cheers'

*edit*: heh, finally seems not! damn :( have to investigate more tomorrow then
    Edit 1rst post.

Added CWM Recovery in English for G901F.

Aroma interface still not working.
    Everything's else ok.

Hi! :)
    I just acquired the G901F aswell, already rooted and installed your recovery find, which is working good at the exception of flashing a ROM that I just made.
    I'am using ArchiKitchen to make the ROM, everything is fine about the rom creation part but I always face a Status 6 error code when flashing the ROM via this Recovery.
    Just talked with the developer or the kitchen, but unfortunately he have no idea of my error, since the generated updater-script is absolutely perfect, so I'am wondering if the recovery accepts roms higher than 1GB or there is something wrong when reading/traducing the updater-script itself since it stuck at the almost end of the script with errors that are not.

Any help would be appreciated, so I will release the first G901F optimized rom ever, and as I'am a kernel developer also, I already can't wait to release one also but for now my priority is clearly to flash this rom :good:
    Thanks in advance ;)