[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 6 Thread

Search This thread

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012
I'm flashing the update now. Just to be sure, I'll have to wait for an update to Wug's app before I can decrypt on the new build right? I imagine using the current decrypt boot image that Wug has would screw things up pretty badly

Uh yeah. The decrypted image is 5.0. Someone has do make a decrypted 5.01 before we flash/update.

nexus 6

paztine

Apr 15, 2012
City of Freeway
Successful..

Just flash the factory image 501 without any glitch..thanks again dev... I am on TMO
network all signal is working...wifi okay...Just waiting to be decrypted again...root maybe..

Last edited:

paztine

Apr 15, 2012
City of Freeway
Google factory image..

Are you saying that wug's has the 5.0.1 update already? Good!

I just download the official google factory image and flash it using this tool...Disregard some of the messages that the toolkit will tell you..Make sure to select your android version to any build. and skip the hash check..

Last edited:

gwojo22

Jan 11, 2012
Philadelphia
I just download the official google factory image and flash it using this tool...Disregard some of the messages that the toolkit will tell you..Make sure to select your android version to any build. and skip the hash check..
Yes Wuggs toolkit is awesome! Just wondering if you were rooted, decrypted, stock, or not , when you updated or did you flash back to stock before updating. It would be nice to not lose all data again.

paztine

Apr 15, 2012
City of Freeway
stock, rooted, decrypted,,

Yes Wuggs toolkit is awesome! Just wondering if you were rooted, decrypted, stock, or not , when you updated or did you flash back to stock before updating. It would be nice to not lose all data again.

I was stock..rooted..decrypted running elemental x kernel when I flash the factory image,. From my experience ever since using this tool ..I never have to revert back to stock rom or otherwise .I just go directly flash the official image whenever theres an update.. I just specify what android version I am on when using the toolkit..

nhpctech

Jan 13, 2011
Manchester, NH
Just flash the factory image 501 without any glitch..thanks again dev... I am on TMO
network all signal is working...wifi okay...Just waiting to be decrypted again...root maybe..

Over in the general section there is a topic on the 5.0.1 factory image. Sounds like they were able to create a new 5.0.1 boot image for unencrypted and they were also able to flash root. I dont know if they uploaded boot img yet or not. Will try to find and share link here.

Last edited:

paztine

Apr 15, 2012
City of Freeway
thanks..

Over in the general section there is a topic on the 5.0.1 ota. Sounds like they were able to create a new 5 .0.1 boot image for unencrypted and thry were also able to flash root. Will try to find and share link here.

I will be trying that definitely but for the mean time I want to enjoy the new stock image.. I will let the excitement die down a bit..lol..

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
I'm flashing the update now. Just to be sure, I'll have to wait for an update to Wug's app before I can decrypt on the new build right? I imagine using the current decrypt boot image that Wug has would screw things up pretty badly

No. The moment I listed 5.0.1 in the toolkit, I had already built the 5.0.1 decrypted img.

I had made that, plus root the very day 5.0.1 was released.

Just use the same button. It will ask you to download the new decrypted img, (for the build you have selected in the kit.. )

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
No. The moment I listed 5.0.1 in the toolkit, I had already built the 5.0.1 decrypted img.

I had made that, plus root the very day 5.0.1 was released.

Just use the same button. It will ask you to download the new decrypted img, (for the build you have selected in the kit.. )

Oh.. Wait. I see. This is a new 5.0.1 img that just got released for shamu!

I will generate the decrypted img and upload everything and get it listed within the hour. :)

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
Oh.. Wait. I see. This is a new 5.0.1 img that just got released for shamu!

I will generate the decrypted img and upload everything and get it listed within the hour. :)

So just a quick clarification.... Once you have it uploaded to the tk I could just flash normally on top of my decrypted unlocked rooted 5.0 without a wipe?

jiv101

Nov 17, 2014
Frankfort
Flash in twrp

I'm trying to flash the zip in twrp and I keep getting error and failed what am I doing wrong

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Adb sideload is also not working I'm getting an error right after stock recovery

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
So just a quick clarification.... Once you have it uploaded to the tk I could just flash normally on top of my decrypted unlocked rooted 5.0 without a wipe?

Version 2.0.0 will be able to do that, which is not quite ready yet and I am not able to work on it tonight; however I can provide some quick instructions once I get 5.0.1 listed explaining how you could do that.

The toolkit has 'no wipe mode' already, however I also need to add a feature where you can have it substitute in the no-force encrypt boot.img for the stock one when flashing stock. To deal with this in v1.9.9, you will basically have to swap that file in manually (just rename the no-force-encypt boot.img to "boot.img" and put it in the proper directory). I can write it up in more detail.

I should have some free time to finish coding v2.0.0 tmrw, so hopefully I can get that out as well.

Stay tuned for 5.0.1 listed in the kit. Getting it sorted right now, will post back momentarily.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I've tried to install the update 5 times with 3 different DLs and its failing... Any suggestions?

I'm trying to flash the zip in twrp and I keep getting error and failed what am I doing wrong

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Adb sideload is also not working I'm getting an error right after stock recovery

You probably have system mods. Lollipop is strict on ota prerequistes.

{{ WugFresh }}

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
    v1.9.9 code is all done and everything seems to be good, I just need to crash for a bit before I do final testing and upload it. Seems to have taken me a bit longer than I estimated. I managed to get numerous features finished that I had originally planned for v2.0.0. Thank you for your patience.

Hey guys. Still plugging away at this, had to setup a new vm-environment for some of my build scripts and I am merging in additional changes and features into this upcoming release than I initially intended. Still have decent energy and have a lot done already. Most deff will be out by tmrw the latest, just don't know the exact eta. Maybe if I keep grinding it will be out super late tonight, but I don't know.

v1.9.9 will utilize SuperSU 2.27, which won't require root_kernels.

For the no-force encrypt stuff, there will be two methods for dealing with this.
    1. There will be a new button in advanced utilities for it, so you can flash the no-force encrypt anytime.
    2. There will be a new option in the "flash stock options", where you can check 'utilize no-force encrypt kernel' - with that option, when flashing stock, it will substitute the stock kernel in the procedure with the no-force encrypt kernel, so the result will be a clean flash with the no-force kernel already in place.

For users who have already rooted with NRT, when I release v1.9.9, you can use the advanced utilities button "restore stock kernel" first - and then just use the "root" button again.

I will go through this thread and try to answer any questions I missed tmrw, trying to get back to coding for now.

Stay tuned.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Any plans to include the encryption removal into this?

I can do that. The way I will have to implement it ultimately depends on weather or not Chainfire's new SuperSU method works or not. Either way I will have to write some scripts on my end to auto-make those those non-forced-encryption boot.imgs per each build - however, I will have to also include the root_kernel modification if the new SuperSU method isn't adopted. I will wait for now to see what happens.

But yeah, should be possible and something I wouldn't mind coding.

{{ WugFresh }}