[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I just installed CM11 on my Samsung S2 and then I was going to install the google apps package from here but I keep getting an error saying theres an error in the file then (status 6). I tried downloading multiple versions of the file on the first page but none worked, all the same error. What can I do? I have CWM 6.0.4.7

You can read FAQ at OP#4

yup, u'll be surprised how much info u can get here if u just bothered to READ

DennisCa81

Dec 13, 2014
In my defense I googled for the status 6 thing and also checked the last few pages incase someone had mentioned it. you can still miss things, it's a lot to take in on a new site.

MayuraDeSilva

Hi, I just installed CM11 on my Samsung S2 and then I was going to install the google apps package from here but I keep getting an error saying theres an error in the file then (status 6). I tried downloading multiple versions of the file on the first page but none worked, all the same error. What can I do? I have CWM 6.0.4.7

FAQ #1: I'm getting a 'Status Error 6' when I try and install these GApps with CWM. What can I do to fix it?

It likely means you're using CWM v6.0.4.7 Recovery, which is NOT compatible with any of our GApps packages. If you update your recovery to a newer version of CWM (older versions should also work fine), you will be able to successfully install any of our GApps packages.

The problem is due to CWM v6.0.4.7 overwriting the installation script, thereby making it impossible for the installer to do its work. Thankfully, CWM realized the error in doing this and fixed the issue in newer versions. This 'bug' is only found in CWM v6.0.4.7, so even an older version should work, although upgrading your Recovery would be preferable to downgrading.

Also, since CWM is no longer being updated by its original developer (ClockWordMod), it is highly recommended to change to an actively supported Recovery, such as TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project)

"He that loves reading has everything within his reach." ~ William Godwin

TKruzze

PA GApps Update Announcement

PA GAPPS - DECEMBER 14 UPDATE

DECEMBER 14, 2014 - 20141214

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sooo I've spent all day trying to get a newer version of liquid smooth to work on the old nexus 4. I usually figure these things out but its gotten to the point where I'm out of ideas. Maybe i've just done something wrong along the way. Anyway, I can get 4.0 (hope thats what I should be installing). At one point I was getting a message saying the setup wizard was cancelled. I've tried so many different gapps that I don't know what to do. I tried the newest one Liquid_gapps.4.4.4.build.8.1.zip which is straight from the downloads section of the liquid smooth website. All the other ones I did failed but the 8.1 zip installed no problem yet theres nothing on my screen. Obviously I've messed up in some way and any help would be appreciated.
The latest version of LiquidSmooth (4.0 that is) is based on Android 5.0.1 lollipop so you shouldn't try to instal this GAPPS package which is made for KitKat. Same is the Liquid GAPPS package, it is for KK not LP. They don't have an official LS 4.0 build, just devs that are making unofficial builds from source so they don't have official GAPPS for it either. Try the PA GAPPS 5.0 Beta 1 instead, you'll find links to the proper thread in OP. I'm using the same ROM and GAPPS were installed just fine, no errors at all

Sent from nowhere over the air...

Last edited:
B

b1n4rym0nk

Here you go...

In my defense I googled for the status 6 thing and also checked the last few pages incase someone had mentioned it. you can still miss things, it's a lot to take in on a new site.

Hi there, sine you're running CM11 I suggest you download the Gapps package from this link...http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
Since you're on a legacy device, I'd advice you to download the CM11 "small" Gapps from the above link.... :good:

Btw, assuming you're using the global version of Galaxy S2, this should be the recovery of your choice.... http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/philz-cwm6-stock-kernel-cwm6-root-exfat-t1877270 :good:

trzesickipiotr

Feb 25, 2014
Warsaw
I would try the mcro gapps which will install Google calendar as a system app. If it works, problem solved: otherwise you'll have to ask in the forum for your ROM or device.

I dirty flashed micro package with no success. It removed stock calendar app, installed Google Calendar, but it still says that there is no calendar to synchronize and sychronization process has the exclamation mark by the calendar. Weird...

I'll try to ask my ROM forum or Google community for some help maybe...

Here is my gapps installation log if anybody would like to look at, but I don't see anything specific in it.
View attachment pa_gapps_log.zip

EDIT:
And here is the debug info:
View attachment pa_gapps_debug_info.tar.gz

PT

Last edited:

AgentChaos

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
anyone know why i keep getting messages to update google play services when i updated to the latest version already?

I am running GPE 5.0.1 on Moto G

AgentChaos

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
i didnt use PA Gapps, i just used the update from APKMirror, but now i get notifications to update the services app when i already have the latest version installed

Arispan

Dec 16, 2014
Memory

Hello!

I install all the packages from bigger to smaller but i still i dont have enough memory! what i have to do??

Thanks

My log

Attachments

• pa_gapps_log.txt
    3 KB · Views: 120

TKruzze

I install all the packages from bigger to smaller but i still i dont have enough memory! what i have to do?
There isn't a GApps package made, that I'm aware of, that would work with that small amount of space. You should probably try and find a smaller ROM that doesn't use 98% of your system partition.

EDIT: Google Play Services, ALONE, is larger than the free space you have. You'll never find a satisfactory solution using that ROM.

fubo73

Oct 24, 2007
For some reason it won't let me reflash my kernel after flashing the latest 4.4.4 gapps on my 4.4.4 ROM. The last update worked fine. I'm really confused.

Flash ROM, then kernel, then GAPPS. Does it work?
PS, also try to reboot recovery after flashing GAPPS.

I experienced the same with Pico installer. For some reason, using TWRP (with I9100 SlimSaber), after flashing it, tmp (or similar) partition is unmounted and other scripts cannot run. I solved restarting recovery every time I flash PA Gapps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts