Search This thread

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
Reactions: c74 and Enddo

interfreak

Aug 16, 2010
Townsville
It is fun (not really) watch people pretend to know what they are talking about.

:( I was only trying to help, I wasn't 'pretending' to know anything. SOT is significantly worse than the stock Samsung builds, so I naturally assumed it was to do with the Alpha state of this ROM. Maybe you could enlighten us what the issue is?

Last edited:

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
:( I was only trying to help, I wasn't 'pretending' to know anything. SOT is significantly worse than the stock Samsung builds, so I naturally assumed it was to do with the Alpha state of this ROM. Maybe you could enlighten us what the issue is?

I can't say what the issue is with the information I have on hand. I personally get close to ten hours of screen on time with my personal device when watching video/surfing the web.

interfreak

Aug 16, 2010
Townsville
I can't say what the issue is with the information I have on hand. I personally get close to ten hours of screen on time with my personal device when watching video/surfing the web.

:eek: That's about 300% better than myself an others are getting!!!

What apps do you have installed? Do you have any kernel tweaks? What's your screen brightness at?

I'm using Kernel Tweaker off the app store and have limited my CPU to 1200Mhz max, and have changed my location services to battery saving which seems to have improved my SOT time, but only by about an hour.

You must be doing something else to get such an extraordinary SOT time?

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
:eek: That's about 300% better than myself an others are getting!!!

What apps do you have installed? Do you have any kernel tweaks? What's your screen brightness at?

I'm using Kernel Tweaker off the app store and have limited my CPU to 1200Mhz max, and have changed my location services to battery saving which seems to have improved my SOT time, but only by about an hour.

You must be doing something else to get such an extraordinary SOT time?

I dont really keep much installed on my tablet while I am in develop mode.

Gapps,Netflix,MX player is about it. No tweaks other then you know building a custom OS for the device.

interfreak

Aug 16, 2010
Townsville
OK cool. I have limited apps installed also, But I do have Messenger installed, Dolphin, FB and really only a handful of other apps.

Having said that, I also had simular apps installed on the stock TW and was getting at least double the SOT.

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
OK cool. I have limited apps installed also, But I do have Messenger installed, Dolphin, FB and really only a handful of other apps.

Having said that, I also had simular apps installed on the stock TW and was getting at least double the SOT.

Well you could always go back to stock and wait till some other developer decides to pick this device and community up as a maintainer. Till then my builds are what are available. Free of charge as always.

Even better you could be that dev. Show me up please.

interfreak

Aug 16, 2010
Townsville
Well you could always go back to stock and wait till some other developer decides to pick this device and community up as a maintainer. Till then my builds are what are available. Free of charge as always.

Even better you could be that dev. Show me up please.

Mate, I'm not having a go at you - no need to be defensive. I am very appreciative of your work, I'm fully aware that the ROM has it's issues that will be gradually resolved, and I've always posted constructively here (including bugs), and always thanked your posts.

I can't develop ROMs (I'm not knowledgeable enough) however I always try to be involved in the discussion and provide truthful, constructive feedback to devs and also help to others that need it - that's what XDA is all about, and I would assume that's what you would appreciate so you can fix issues, and produce a more stable build.

If you do not want that sort of feedback or assistance, please let me know and I won't continue to post in such a manor in this thread.

killall

Nov 2, 2010
Alba
Google Pixel 7
@eousphoros I am currently using @AntaresOne's CM12 build on my SG4. Included in settings is the option to turn of the menu/back capacative buttons when screen is off, so that they don't wake the device. Is it possible to include this option for the TabS ?

Attachments

• 1419348474745.jpg
    1419348474745.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 693

dcshoes23

Jun 24, 2013
@eousphoros I am currently using @AntaresOne's CM12 build on my SG4. Included in settings is the option to turn of the menu/back capacative buttons when screen is off, so that they don't wake the device. Is it possible to include this option for the TabS ?

+1

The buttons are accidentally getting triggered with my case lid closed, this would help a great deal if it isn't too much trouble to add. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: MrHomebrew

randybellis

Aug 25, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
Has anyone had an issue with music played through Bluetooth? Once I hit a certain level of volume it blasts to 100%. I would guess one I hit 75% it jumps to that 100%. No idea what is causing this

DebauchedSloth

Jan 27, 2008
This latest build has been running great. Still the screen glitches during video playback with hw_overlay enabled, as expected, but everything else is spot on perfect. Thanks again!

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
Has anyone had an issue with music played through Bluetooth? Once I hit a certain level of volume it blasts to 100%. I would guess one I hit 75% it jumps to that 100%. No idea what is causing this

known lollipop issue, it will go way past 100% on many devices resulting in huge distortion too.

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
I just wanted to step in and report my SoC results since it had come up in conversation here recently.

I'm at 24% battery right now with 6 hours and 31 minutes of screen on time. I would say this is about 95% from video playback. Thanks again for all the work OP. Even if development stops here because of real life responsibilities or anything else, this ROM is loads better than TouchWiz

I would donate if I could afford it so instead I'll constantly hit the thanks button on any post that I see you make

Reactions: eousphoros

PewPewK

Dec 23, 2013
Seattle
Well I've found the culprit for my battery woes. Now the problem is what's the solution...

77.3% battery discharge with about 50 minutes of SoT. Obviously, that's terrible and not normal at all. Used GSam Battery Monitor for find what's taking it all up (instead of that stupid Miscellaneous tag) and turns out its mediaserver.

73.1% of my discharge came from mediaserver, dwarfing everything else. Not sure what mediaserver is doing, though. I also have the breakdown of mediaserver and the CPU wakelock time seems fine, as does Video On. Not sure if Audio On is odd being at 1 day+, but I don't think that's it.

Mediaserver being responsible seems particularly strange because my standby time is great. In other words, leaving the tablet off the charger and in sleep will net about 1% drain per hour, but turning the screen on and browsing reddit will consume about 50% of the battery in roughly 30 minutes.

Any thoughts? Should I reflash without a dirty flash?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-24-04-36-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-24-04-36-40.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 740
  • Screenshot_2014-12-24-04-36-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-24-04-36-44.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 728

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
Any thoughts? Should I reflash without a dirty flash?

If you ever experience issues after a dirty flash then you should always do a clean flash.

It's strange that media server would drain so much. Even powering the screen on for that amount of time wouldn't use up that much juice, and that's what uses the most battery on any smartphone or tablet

I would first wipe the cache partition in CWM. If that doesn't fix it then I would do a factory reset and try to 'restore' as little applications/data as possible. If that doesn't fix it then yea, I would wipe the clean in CWM and then flash the ROM clean/

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
I did a clean install and here is my stats. Hope this helps OP
My battery life atm is bad

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-25-09-10-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-25-09-10-02.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 722
  • Screenshot_2014-12-25-09-10-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-25-09-10-37.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 705
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Series 5 Release 3)

CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/About

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

http://www.cmxlog.com/12

Before you install make sure to do a factory reset. First boot after install can leave your device at a black screen for up to 5 minutes. Be patient.

Downloads

Mod edit, download links removed, project has been abandoned.

Source code

* CyanogenMod
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod

* Device specific repos
    https://github.com/eousphoros/android_device_samsung_klimtwifi.git

Credits:
    @crpalmer for his work porting cm12 to the picassowifi. It was of great help getting cm12 on the sm t700
    @Barracuda77777 for his kernel loving (Series 1)
    @nvertigo67 && @UpInTheAir for their kernel magic and misc fixes (Series 2)

Unofficial Build instructions
    Code:
    # [ -e /usr/lib/apt/methods/https ] || {
      apt-get update
      apt-get install apt-transport-https
    }
    # apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 36A1D7869245C8950F966E92D8576A8BA88D21E9
    # sh -c "echo deb https://get.docker.com/ubuntu docker main\
    > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list"
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get install lxc-docker
    # git clone https://github.com/stucki/docker-cyanogenmod.git
    # cd docker-cyanogenmod
    # ./run.sh
    # repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-12.0
    # repo sync
    # source build/envsetup.sh
    # breakfast klimtwifi
    // you will need to extract the binary blobs from your device
    # brunch klimtwifi 2> errors
    I typically don't double post but I thought this time it was worth it.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_klimtwifi

Hiphip hurray! The code review has started and they already accepted my initial device tree.
    What ?? You just made my day. After you stepped on your tablet i was seriously was going to sell mine on ebay. Now you are telling us official cm12?? That's awesome news. !!

Having a very kind person send me a replacement tab has changed my mind on officially maintaining the cm12 port for the t700. Also now that the last sensor is working we can actually submit our port. Keep in mind this will probably take at least three weeks. Crpalmer has been helping me with the logistics since this is my first time. I'll keep everyone updated as we progress.
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/90893/

There is the commit to enable nightlies. Now we wait.
    Good news all around. We are almost ready to start doing official nightly builds. Could even be this week. Next up will be one more unofficial build sometime tomorrow with selinux enabled. If people could give it a, that would be appreciated.
    @miscom what Bluetooth device are you paired with and how much louder do you think it should be? 10% 50% 100%?