• No

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

tlwhitec

Jun 1, 2013
Prague
Which version of CM12 do you use!? I have installed 5.01 version and there was that problem.
Easy with those emotions, @aliesz :) SMS size is not defined by words, right? It's defined by single characters and 1 SMS is supposed to contain 160 of them(not using Unicode). The problem is obviously in splitting larger messages. It's quite likely that a message with 30 words can easily fit into that limit without any splitting. Unless Mr. "Wordcount" tells us how many characters his message had, he can't be taken seriously.
Which version of CM12 do you use!? I have installed 5.01 version and there was that problem.

xergio24

Feb 11, 2011
Villa Carlos Paz
Easy with those emotions, @aliesz :) SMS size is not defined by words, right? It's defined by single characters and 1 SMS is supposed to contain 160 of them(not using Unicode). The problem is obviously in splitting larger messages. It's quite likely that a message with 30 words can easily fit into that limit without any splitting. Unless Mr. "Wordcount" tells us how many characters his message had, he can't be taken seriously.

Indeed.
The SMSs problem shows up when you write an SMS with more than 1 "page"... that's more than 160 GSM characters or more than 70 if you use UNICODE characters (like á, é, í, ó, ñ...).

sohailazam

Nov 11, 2013
hyderabad
www.helpmesohail.com
Casting not working

Had flash this ROM works FINE :good:
but its not casting to my chromecast im talking about the inbuild casting option in 5.0 , btw i hav try'd third party apps like all cast and local cast its heck of a delay , :( i have try casting from my MOTOE AND MOTO G its cast really good no delay compare to my gnex from the third party apps, Please fix:fingers -crossed: { NO DEMAND JUST REQUEST }

xXrawrXx

Mar 13, 2011
Has anyone else been unable to boot 12/20 build after a clean install? I'm assuming my phone can't handle booting the GPU at 512mhz is there any work around?

Last edited:

varadparulekarofficial

Nov 25, 2014
Mumbai
New build up.
Notable changes:
- Enabled 512 MHz GPU frequency, using the same voltage as for 384 MHz. Until CM12 gets support for performance profiles again, 512 will be the default (use trickster mod to change it till them). Report back if it has any stability, heat or battery life effect.
- Android 5.0.2

Fixes:
- Carrier text on the lockscreen is now aligned properly
- annoying screen off animation glitch is now gone

Enjoy ;) personally, I like where CM12 is headed - materialized apps (sms, browser, file manager, audio player, gallery), nice new features.... About the sms issue with RIL, I feel like this will only get fixed once we switch to the open source libril - I gave it a quick try some days ago, despite it showed 'No sim card', I could receive calls and SMS messages, so with enough time and knowledge (I'd need a bit more from both), we could get that open-sourced and fixed as well. About the charging mode, I'm on it - by adding the 'critical' flag to the service, it will at least reboot into recovery after multiple crashes, instead of having to do a battery pull.

If anyone wants to experiment: please change the interactive governor's hispeed_freq (this is the freq the CPU will switch to first when it notices increased load) from 700 to 900 MHz. 700 MHz is defined in our PowerHAL, I'm wondering if setting it to 900 MHz would improve responsiveness noticeably. The effect on the battery life shouldn't be too big...
@Ziyan First of all HATS-OFF to your awesome work you have done to lollipopify our maguro.. Increasing the GPU frequency to 512 MHz resulted in an impressive boost in performance. Why don't you consider overclocking even the CPU frequency? The 1.2 GHz frequency isn't too slow to run Lollipop but its not even that fast. Hope you consider this.. [emoji6]

Sent from my CyanogenMod powered Galaxy Nexus

XneofuX

Dec 1, 2014
@Ziyan First of all HATS-OFF to your awesome work you have done to lollipopify our maguro.. Increasing the GPU frequency to 512 MHz resulted in an impressive boost in performance. Why don't you consider overclocking even the CPU frequency? The 1.2 GHz frequency isn't too slow to run Lollipop but its not even that fast. Hope you consider this
The problem with that is the increased heat output. When you stress the cpu over a long time, the phone is getting pretty warm, even without an overclock. So i don't think, that it's such a great idea. Also i think that it's locked in the Kernel and not in the ROM ^^

n76

Nov 29, 2014
California
The problem with that is the increased heat output. When you stress the cpu over a long time, the phone is getting pretty warm, even without an overclock. So i don't think, that it's such a great idea. Also i think that it's locked in the Kernel and not in the ROM ^^

More to the point, the manufacturing process is such that there is some variation in how well each individual chip performs. The spec'd clock rate is picked so that they have reasonable yield of chips that actually work. You can over clock lots of chips out of a production run but not all. And maybe not even most. If a distribution automatically just over clocks things then there will be chips (or in our case phones) that fail to run correctly.

Over clocking should be an user option, the default build should use the manufacturer's specific clock rate.

XneofuX

Dec 1, 2014
Yep ... PC CPUs as an example ... the newest i5/i7 can easily be overclocked to 4.2 Ghz ... when you're unlucky then there is the end. If you get lucky, you can overclock it stable to 4.7-4.8 Ghz (mine is at 4.6 ^^).

XneofuX

Dec 1, 2014
I've done a complete wipe using twrp and cwm and neither works along with trying various gapps and it'll boot but the screen is pixelated is there any way to change the defualt clock of the rom?
Why do you want to change the default clock of the rom? ^^ with cmw 6.0.5.1 it works perfectly for me ... Before install i wiped \System and \cache ... not more and it works flawlessly ... ;)

xXrawrXx

Mar 13, 2011
Why do you want to change the default clock of the rom? ^^ with cmw 6.0.5.1 it works perfectly for me ... Before install i wiped \System and \cache ... not more and it works flawlessly ... ;)
Because my GPU is unstable at 512mhz so I get a pixelated screen and no video and yes I've done a complete wipe and in the end reverted to the previous build with the GPU clocked at 384mhz

fearlessaryan

Dec 27, 2014
Hyderabad
Awesome!!

Hi Ziyan,

The Rom is awesome and does not lagg much though there are many issues still I am using it as my daily driver.

Thanks a lot for ur efforts.

Thanks & Regards,
fearlessaryan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-10-banner-600.jpg

For instructions about installing or building for maguro, see the CyanogenMod wiki page.

The latest builds are available at http://get.cm/?device=maguro.

Known Issues page for the Galaxy Nexus (GSM) (not updated yet)

Google Apps can be found at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps - beware that if you choose OpenGApps, only the pico version will fit, unless you change your partition sizes!

Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    Ziyan, MWisBest, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2014-12-01
    Last Updated 2016-07-20
    After countless unofficial builds and hours spent with this, I am happy to announce that maguro is now considered stable enough to get official CM12.1 nightlies :) moving on to CM13 after I find some time, which will hopefully become a nightly soon as well, since the hard part of the work is now done ;) updated the OP accordingly (the builds in the downloads section will stay up for a couple days, just in case there's a problem we need to compare with an older build).
    Sorry for not being active lately guys, I was busy, as my new semester just started :( but don't worry, I didn't forget my plans for this, I'll release a new build soon :)
    New build up. Changes:
    - reclaimed ~6 megabytes of userspace RAM
    - enabled video stabilization, exposure and whitebalance lock in the camera HAL (our ducati supports these, but it's not advertising it! what a *****...)
    - disabled dex2oat watchdog (this should make the optimizing apps dialog on every boot disappear, and hopefully fixes installing large apps)
    - synced with CM repos (01/01)

I also switched back the default I/O scheduler to BFQ - I hope that the lockups some of you experienced were caused by an older CM bug (they made some BFQ-related platform changes).
    If anyone encounters another one, and wants to switch back, simply change sys.io.scheduler to cfq in /system/build.prop. Alternatively, use your favorite kernel settings app to change to CFQ on boot (but I'd recommend changing build.prop instead - I think Kernel Adiutor has a nice interface for editing it). And remember: if it locks up again, no need to remove the battery: just hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, and the device will turn itself off.

will 13 come :fingers-crossed:
    As soon as I'm satisfied with the results (currently, I'm not - looking at you, memory management).

The folks over at the S3 camp are enjoying a nearly bugfree CM13 with 3.0 kernel. Funny if you look back at codewokx swearing while getting CM9 to work (camera was a pain).
    Facts:
    - they received official KitKat update with proper drivers and stuff, tuna only got 4.3 (Samsung updated their EGL blobs for KitKat, meaning they didn't have to port over to a new kernel like we did, and didn't have to switch to a newer camera and domx hal)
    - there's at least 10 people actively maintaining it over CM
    - their user and developer community is at least 10x bigger

I can't express how hard and time-consuming it is to maintain tuna with only two active developers :(
    Just a heads up, the flashlight toggle has been fixed, but CM's ffmpeg **** broke the domx, so video playback is now gone, I already have the fix composed in my mind (lol), just need to test it... my finals are here, so I'm pretty busy now, but I'll try to fix and upload a new build in the next few days :)