N9005XXUGBNL8 5.0 Lollipop ROM Download Link

Search This thread

perissatto

Mar 24, 2011
Brazil
I found a workaround to enable the toolbox: after the editing of the xml, i installed this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.xperiacle.s5toolbox.addon

It can switch on and off the toolbox and enables extra features [emoji6]

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi there.

Please share the edit that you made with us! :)

EDIT:
After some reading, i saw that there are two ways to enable toolbox.
One is edit the .xml file inside etc folder and change to true ( and some other thing is needed to add to notification tray )
Other is install this app, but it stay ON all the time on the screen, it is good but i wish find a way to use the original way ( from notification)

Enviado de meu SM-N9005 usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

teixeirabmb

Feb 9, 2006
so I know these are common and random problems but it is difficult to go through 100+ pages to find a concretely answer(I tried). Some users are reporting that their WIFI passwords are kept intact, mine aren't. Is their a recognized and proven fix for this? can anyone link the fix? thanks.

Also I am unable to record video no matter what app I use. Please don't tell me that I didn't flash properly since I have flashed twice following similar flashing methods and I am still unable to record any video. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Same here. Flashed twice with odin method and I still can't record videos...

perissatto

Mar 24, 2011
Brazil
ok i have edit the xml. so now where can i activate the toolbox please.

But you have no chance to turn it that way.

Oh, he was right. I speak before trying though. with 5.0. its working now.

2132de7cccb906d267417d73faf65436.jpg
I have changed but I can't find any option to enable? Should I download any 3rd party app to make it work?

Enviado de meu SM-N9005 usando Tapatalk

billd2439

Nov 24, 2007
Whitehead N.I
Can only assume something happened during installation my friend. Certainly works on my note 3 uk . I did not do anything special other than use the instructions in this post with the open EU 32GB pit file. (can't get my own extracted as my note 3 is not rooted)

jamesclinton

Sep 22, 2009
Android Jungle
install Sqlite editor, Open
(1)in Apps found settings storage (marched right down the list) selected.
(2)Open settings.db
(3)selected system.
(4) now search [notification_panel_default_active_app_list ] Selected and add Toolbox; and SAVE.
In [notification_panel_active_app_list_for_reset] add Toolbox; Save and REBOOT
(5) Now Reset Notification Panel

Sceenshot attached

Edit: you can get sqlite edictor from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.sqleditor

Copy the file to your internal storage
i used root explorer to modify, then i paste the file back and mount the permission correct.

But i cant see the toolbox option. Maybe it need other app to work,,,,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-29-17-03-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-17-03-57.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 966
Last edited:

perissatto

Mar 24, 2011
Brazil
Here it is. I edited it with es file manager editor

[quote name="and2" post=57729395]Hi go to system/etc and open floating-feature.xml. Search for Toolbox and set it from FALSE to TRUE

Thanks dude, i made this, but i cant find a way to enable on system without this APK. I saw some users that was able to put the toolbox option in notification tray.:confused::confused:

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

(2)Open settings.db
(3)selected system.
(4) now search [notification_panel_default_active_app_list ] Selected and add Toolbox; and SAVE.

Sceenshot and SQLite_Editor.apk attached

trying right now :):good:

EDIT: Going to create 100 accounts to thank you dude!!!! :p
Thanks a lot @jamesclinton !!!! Working like a charm here!!!

Just a hint to everyone that will thy this:
Change your language to english, mine was in portuguese PT-BR and i was unable to find the base settings storage, even in portuguese (configuração de armazenamento).

Last edited:

paroulis

Sep 23, 2010
Chalkida -Evia
I have problem with bt in lollipop.Specifically when off the screen bt can not do reconnecting .I have tried 2 bt and always done the same thing .It has happened to any of you??

gino26

Mar 10, 2009
(2)Open settings.db
(3)selected system.

Thx for the help I finally got it right.
?

VogonP0et

Aug 12, 2011
Shropshire
N9005 32gb pit

Can only assume something happened during installation my friend. Certainly works on my note 3 uk . I did not do anything special other than use the instructions in this post with the open EU 32GB pit file. (can't get my own extracted as my note 3 is not rooted)

Out of interest I extracted the PIT file from my unlocked rooted N9005 32GB, and compared it with the one in the Sammy firmware (HLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit). It turns out it is identical, so no need to repartition for me at least.

billd2439

Nov 24, 2007
Whitehead N.I
For some users like me camera isn't recording Video.
To be precise I tried every LL ROM and some 4.4.4 (Note 4 ports) and none allows you to record videos...

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I have problem with bt in lollipop.Specifically when off the screen bt can not do reconnecting .I have tried 2 bt and always done the same thing .It has happened to any of you??

Did you set the BT device as a trusted device. (lollipop asks after connection). I have just tested mine with screen on and off . all works fine.

paketek

Dec 20, 2010
I didn't use pit file on my flash. All Works fine . For what is pit? Is something wrong

Poslano z mojega SM-N9005 z uporabo Tapatalk

demzzy

Sep 18, 2010
London
uote:
Originally Posted by jamesclinton
(2)Open settings.db
(3)selected system.

Thx for the help I finally got it right.

need to be rooted to do this??

Top Liked Posts