[ROM] Official Cyanogenmod 12 5.1 for the Moto G 4G (Peregrine)

Search This thread

EternalFlame

Nov 11, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Just flashed latest build and it feels great :good:

Let´s see what happens after the next 24 hours ;)

thanks Somcom !

edit :

Okay, first impression, its smooth as hell again, no lags, memory/process stats stays between normal and low while heavy usage and if an app has to reload it´s smooth and instantly there,multitask is possible between 4 - 5 apps without any redraws.

Hey peregrine users!

I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of how to get the latest build (20141229) working on my device. I flashed it through CWM (factory reset, cache & dalvik cache wipe ect) but to no avail. My device just stays at the cyanogenmod logo boot screen and just stays there...

If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks! :)

I think this is a pretty neat manual :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57809081&postcount=734

Last edited:

Sn0wdune

Jan 15, 2013
Hey peregrine users!

I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of how to get the latest build (20141229) working on my device. I flashed it through CWM (factory reset, cache & dalvik cache wipe ect) but to no avail. My device just stays at the cyanogenmod logo boot screen and just stays there...

UPDATE: My device ran out of battery so I began charging it and now it has magically booted into lollipop! :D

Last edited:

gilmarpjr

Aug 29, 2011
Porto Alegre, RS
Hey peregrine users!

I'm having this issue too. I just installed the 12/29 version from a stock rom and tried to factory reset/wipe cache but it didn't work.

If somebody could help it would be nice! :D

gilmarpjr

Aug 29, 2011
Porto Alegre, RS
I also came from stock rom! :p
Oh and by the way... Congrats on your first post! ;)
Thanks man! I'm glad to be part of this great community! :D

And I got a FIX! At least for me it worked!

Here's what I did:
- Installed the latest CM11, and the rom initiated with no problem.
- Then I installed the CM12, with a Factory Reset/Wipe Cache before the installation, and just a Wipe Cache after the installation.
- Now the rom started with no problems :)

Hope it fix the problem for you too! :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Sn0wdune

Sn0wdune

Jan 15, 2013
Thanks man! I'm glad to be part of this great community! :D

And I got a FIX! At least for me it worked!

Here's what I did:
- Installed the latest CM11, and the rom initiated with no problem.
- Then I installed the CM12, with a Factory Reset/Wipe Cache before the installation, and just a Wipe Cache after the installation.
- Now the rom started with no problems :)

Hope it fix the problem for you too! :fingers-crossed:

Thanks man! Appreciate it! :)
I flashed CM11 earlier so will flash CM12 now and will post back with the verdict! ;)
Thanks again! :p :fingers-crossed:

UPDATE: CM12 installed without any problems! Thank you @gilmarpjr! +1 for you! ;)

Last edited:

suo133

Dec 10, 2014
You do not need to flash cm11 to flash cm12 :D just do a full wipe- cache,system,dalvik cache,data,flash rom and reboot. It will take up to 10 minutes to finish booting up

Last edited:

danny8

I've dirty-flashed the 29-dec build over the 26-dec build and it booted OK after rebuilding the cache for existing applications.

I have a continuing problem and I'd like to air it out, while also asking for a feature removal – respectfully and with much appreciation for Somcom's extreme work: I wish this ROM did not have the embedded SuperSU module.

Out of the box, this ROM does not (from what I can tell) function properly with Titanium Backup. TB requires Superuser to be installed, which in turn requires SuperSU be uninstalled. Uninstalling SuperSU is a multi-part process as the built-in module does not include the cleanup feature.

As an aside, I cannot get TB working with this 29-dec build, although this may be my own failure for not doing SuperSU removal properly. I am going to try again. I have been able to get TB working will all other builds to date.

Maybe someone will chime in with a simpler fix, or even bolster my request. I would like to know if other TB users have been suffering in silence, or maybe they're using some clever tricks to mass restore their apps and/or create backups.

I am not someone who requests features / changes on a whim. It's totally OK for me to hear "abandon TB", and I don't really mind, but this one issue really bugs me.

Thanks all, for listening. - Danny8

USCanthony

Jan 21, 2012
Los Angeles
Xiaomi Mi 11i
OnePlus 12R
I've dirty-flashed the 29-dec build over the 26-dec build and it booted OK after rebuilding the cache for existing applications.

I have a continuing problem and I'd like to air it out, while also asking for a feature removal – respectfully and with much appreciation for Somcom's extreme work: I wish this ROM did not have the embedded SuperSU module.

Out of the box, this ROM does not (from what I can tell) function properly with Titanium Backup. TB requires Superuser to be installed, which in turn requires SuperSU be uninstalled. Uninstalling SuperSU is a multi-part process as the built-in module does not include the cleanup feature.

As an aside, I cannot get TB working with this 29-dec build, although this may be my own failure for not doing SuperSU removal properly. I am going to try again. I have been able to get TB working will all other builds to date.

Maybe someone will chime in with a simpler fix, or even bolster my request. I would like to know if other TB users have been suffering in silence, or maybe they're using some clever tricks to mass restore their apps and/or create backups.

I am not someone who requests features / changes on a whim. It's totally OK for me to hear "abandon TB", and I don't really mind, but this one issue really bugs me.

Why do you think Titanium Backup will not work properly with Supersu? I have used Titanium Backup for many years and have used Supersu since about 1 month after it was first released. I have never had a problem using the two together.

sillycat98

Nov 24, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
HTC One (M8)
Haven't had a lot of time to post lately but I just wanted to say that titanium works fine for me and my bt audio is still broken with my car radio on the 27th build, I just restart my phone everytime i get in the car now. Downloading the 29th now.

mdmoose29

Jun 30, 2007
Titanium backup also works for me. Don't remember doing anything special, it just works. What happens to yours when you try to use with SuperSu?

Sent from my XT1045 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: danny8

danny8

Titanium backup also works for me. ... What happens to yours when you try to use with SuperSu?
Thanks to all for replying.

When I attempt to use TB (full paid version) to restore a previously-made backup, it loops continuously and never completes / terminates. The application does not respond to the back key, although you can use the home key then force stop TB via the app settings panel.

Making a backup is similarly flawed. Except here the program finishes, but backup files are incomplete and I presume these cannot be used to restore the backed-up apps. I know they are incomplete because they're too small in size.

Sounds like I need to investigate TB more. I have set preferences to backup files on the external SD card. Maybe I'll look into that.

I believe at least one other user has this issue, because that's where I got the notion of replacing SuperSU. It's in this thread.

So at least I know TB is working for some, if not most, users. Thanks.

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Hey peregrine users!

UPDATE: My device ran out of battery so I began charging it and now it has magically booted into lollipop! :D
Try the new twrp recovery I just posted. See http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57811883&postcount=731
http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/progress-twrp-2-7-1-0-source-t2807585

TWRP 2.7, don't know if there is an updated recovery since 2.8 but that seemed to be slow and caused problems. I flashed with this no problem.
I updated the recovery and no more long wait times! See download's post.

do you mean the build from 23rd? I flashed it four days ago I think and had no reboot until now when I plugged it to the charger. could have happened before as well but if it did, I didn't notice. Soft reboot.
does this help anyone?
I'll flash the next newest build and skip the 27th because everybody is reporting problems here. I am very fine at the moment, only bluetooth playback does not work (still), can anyone confirm this or is it a fault in my device? It got very quiet around this bug...
Regards

I just see somcom3x released the build for today. Flashing soon :D
Hopefully I honor you with my signature!
Nice signature ;)
I'm currently waiting on the Motorola L ota for a lot of the issues.

@Somcom3X would it be possible to add the option go turn off priority pop ups? I don't think Google realised that people don't want to respond to messages straight away when doing something and its frustrating having to sit there waiting for the bar to go away
Best to wait for cm in this case.

I used TiBu once when I was trying to build L in its initial phases. Worked fine then. Just tried it again to the same result.
I don't even know where to start with the su binary, you may need to clean flash.

Lovatastic

Nov 23, 2014
Manchester
Google Pixel 3
The XDA app just forced closed on me so I have to rewrite xD
@Somcom3X just downloaded twrp 2.8.3. Gonna flash it to my phone now and then flash the 29th build. This ROM is going pretty good and is my daily driver the only things that get in the way is the multitasking and it goes slow every now and again apart from that this is fantastic ROM and good job at beating Motorola to running lollipop on this phone ;)

BlueFlame4

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Dresden, Germany
Hey guys,

I just tried the new TWRP and it turns out that ADB sideload is broken. The only message I get is "error: closed". I tried multiple USB ports and none of them works even though there's no hassle on TWRP 2.7. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks and best regards! :)

gabobustamante

Oct 12, 2013
Help

For installing the latest upgrade phone info 12/29 in me keeps popping date 12/26'm doing something wrong or follows them all indicadon date 12/26?

Lovatastic

Nov 23, 2014
Manchester
Google Pixel 3
@Somcom3X

Great work on the new recovery! This one reads my SD Card, thought mine was faulty so I bought a new one but needed more storage anyway.

Aside from that I got this when wiping to flash the 29th build...

E: TWFunc: :Remove_MPT_Storage unable to locate partition for 0
Updating partition details..... done
Full SELinux support is present.
MTP enabled

Wiping Dalvik Cache Directories...
Cleaned: /data/dalvik-cache...
-- Dalvik cache directories wipe complete!

Wiping data without wiping /data/media.... Done.
E:error sending message to add storage 65537
Wiping internal storage -- /data/media..
E:error sending message to remove storage 65537
E:error sending message to remove storage 65537

Formatting cache using make_ext4fs function
Formatting system using make_ext4fs function
Updating partition details..... done
Wiping data without wiping /data/media.... Done
Formatting cache using make_ext4fs function.....done

It seemed to wipe everything but I don't know why I'm getting so many error messages, only happened on the twrp 2.8.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Downloads:

CM server

Installation:

Unlock the bootloader
    Flash a recovery
    Reboot into recovery
    Flash rom.

Reporting bugs:

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Report bugs on Jira at jira.cyanogenmod.org
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your:

Phone model:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:

Did you:

Install xposed framework?
    Restore apps in titanium backup?
    Flash another kernel?
    Are you using a supported recovery?
    start Art Runtime?
    search the thread for similar issues before posting?
    I don't reply to tech support by pm or emails/hangouts messages.
    If you have xposed installed, please bother to post.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Offiical cm for peregrine, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Somcom3X, @BlueFlame4
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with recovery

Version Information

Created 2014-11-24
    Last Updated 2015-04-20
    Reserved

I present to you CyanogenMod 12 for the peregrine. After delaying my initial release to an almost fully working state, it is here now.
    Video review:
    Big thanks to @Cm9aphla

Bugs:
    Wifi tether (Experimenting)
    Bluetooth stack issues with multitasking.
    Somewhat buggy
    GPS issues as well.
    Reserved

Big thank you to all of the donators:
    Please confirm your username by posting the remainder of the transaction ID. To donate, please send to somcom3@gmail.com via paypal

Donators
    Code:
    S. Fabbro 4HR94540AN4xxxxxx
    D. Noonburg 604068013C4xxxxxx 
    G.  Girotto 9SH91349CF4xxxxxx
    Gracias!

New recovery is in the works, stay tuned.

If anyone needs some assistance, join #cyanogenmod or #carbonrom on irc.
    I'll be in #carbonrom-dev most of the time.
    If no one responds instantly, simply wait. Don't be this guy (You know who you are):
    Code:
    [22:57:18] --> carbon_guest (6159xxxx@gateway/web/freenode/ip.97.xx.3.xx) has joined #teamcarbon
    [22:58:19] <carbon_guest> I'm having an issue, this is my first time trying the carbon ROM the installation
     was succesful but every time i try to install the GAPPS it gives me an error and says (Satus 6), any aid please?
    [23:01:02] <carbon_guest> anybody here?
    [23:10:06] <carbon_guest> hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    [23:26:12] <-- carbon_guest (6159xxxx@gateway/web/freenode/ip.97.xx.3.xx) has quit (Quit: Page closed)
    New build up.

I really need to take a break.
    So, next nightly will have the new lollipop kernel.